Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,533 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me (3082 Views)

I Molested Her. How Can I Make Her To Forgive Me. / I Forced My Wife To Sleep With Another Man,will She Ever Forgive Me!?? / Can I Ever Forgive Her? Pls Advise On My Sister Who Maltreated My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by cococandy(f): 7:56am On Aug 02, 2021
Very well put.
To clarify, I’m not atheist but I can’t believe how many religious folks are oblivious to the fact that we are indeed the oppressors. There’s no room for letting others do their own thing if it doesn’t go along with our beliefs. Even when it’s not affecting us .

hopefulLandlord:
“Asking, "If there is no God, what is the purpose of life?" is like asking, "If there is no master , whose slave will I be?" If your purpose of life is to submit as a slave, then your meaning comes from flattering the ego of a person whom who should detest.”
Dan Baker
I'd assume he has all these locked down

They have to care because belief in god affects everything or everything is organised around it.

Imagine a world in which everywhere you turned, a belief in a literal Santa Claus was staring back at you. national Pledge “So help me santa” Imagine if when you went to a courtroom to testify, you had to put your hand on a copy of the book, “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas,” and say “So help me Santa” at the end of your oath. Imagine that town meetings all across the country started with the singing of the song “Here Comes Santa Claus” or “Santa Claus is Coming to Town.”

Imagine that everyone you know insists that you go to services at least once a week during which you write letters to Santa, and if you don’t, they tell you there’s something wrong with you. Imagine if the first thing that anyone asks you in a social setting is not about what you do for a living or some other question, but, “What have you written to Santa about lately?”

Imagine if you couldn’t go to a gym, or a coffee shop, without Christmas music being played in the background year ’round. Imagine if you couldn’t get your hair done, or go shopping, or go to a doctor’s office without having Christmas music playing, whether it’s Christmas time or not. Imagine if you tried to complain about it, or suggest that maybe some other music should be played, and people told you that you’re a terrible person with no morals for saying such a thing.

Imagine if friends and family shunned you because you had the audacity to say that Santa Claus isn’t real, that he doesn’t bring presents to children around the world at Christmas, and that to believe so is silly with no evidence to support that belief. Imagine parents of students at the school in which you are a faculty member saying that the fact you don’t believe in Santa frightens them, and that they don’t want their kids in your class.

Imagine everyone around you telling you that if you don’t believe in Santa Claus, you will spend all of eternity being punished by being submerged under the ice at the north pole, and poked by Santa’s elves with sticks.

Imagine everyone telling you to just shut up about the fact that you don’t believe in Santa, and to just go along with all of the nonsense, because to everyone else, Santa Claus is absolutely, positively real, and you can’t tell them anything different, and since the majority of society believes in Santa, you must follow what they do.

If you think this all sounds ridiculous or farfetched, this is exactly what it’s like living in Nigeria for people who aren’t theists. This is why we keep engaging in discussions about God. It’s because this idea—which other people seem to think isn’t any of our business—is all up in our business every day of our lives. That makes it our business.

1 Like

Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by cococandy(f): 8:00am On Aug 02, 2021
@OP were you getting pregnant every month? How’s this possible? After the 1st, 2nd and 5th time (to be very very generous) how did you not consider long acting birth control? IUD, depo shots, nexplanon, pills, condoms, spermicide creams, anything at all?

Please try a bit harder to make it more convincing. It’s giving fabricated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by Hathor5(f): 8:40am On Aug 02, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
“Asking, "If there is no God, what is the purpose of life?" is like asking, "If there is no master , whose slave will I be?" If your purpose of life is to submit as a slave, then your meaning comes from flattering the ego of a person whom who should detest.”
Dan Baker

They have to care because belief in god affects everything or everything is organised around it.

Imagine a world in which everywhere you turned, a belief in a literal Santa Claus was staring back at you. national Pledge “So help me santa” Imagine if when you went to a courtroom to testify, you had to put your hand on a copy of the book, “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas,” and say “So help me Santa” at the end of your oath. Imagine that town meetings all across the country started with the singing of the song “Here Comes Santa Claus” or “Santa Claus is Coming to Town.”

Imagine that everyone you know insists that you go to services at least once a week during which you write letters to Santa, and if you don’t, they tell you there’s something wrong with you. Imagine if the first thing that anyone asks you in a social setting is not about what you do for a living or some other question, but, “What have you written to Santa about lately?”

Imagine if you couldn’t go to a gym, or a coffee shop, without Christmas music being played in the background year ’round. Imagine if you couldn’t get your hair done, or go shopping, or go to a doctor’s office without having Christmas music playing, whether it’s Christmas time or not. Imagine if you tried to complain about it, or suggest that maybe some other music should be played, and people told you that you’re a terrible person with no morals for saying such a thing.

Imagine if friends and family shunned you because you had the audacity to say that Santa Claus isn’t real, that he doesn’t bring presents to children around the world at Christmas, and that to believe so is silly with no evidence to support that belief. Imagine parents of students at the school in which you are a faculty member saying that the fact you don’t believe in Santa frightens them, and that they don’t want their kids in your class.

Imagine everyone around you telling you that if you don’t believe in Santa Claus, you will spend all of eternity being punished by being submerged under the ice at the north pole, and poked by Santa’s elves with sticks.

Imagine everyone telling you to just shut up about the fact that you don’t believe in Santa, and to just go along with all of the nonsense, because to everyone else, Santa Claus is absolutely, positively real, and you can’t tell them anything different, and since the majority of society believes in Santa, you must follow what they do.

If you think this all sounds ridiculous or farfetched, this is exactly what it’s like living in Nigeria for people who aren’t theists. This is why we keep engaging in discussions about God. It’s because this idea—which other people seem to think isn’t any of our business—is all up in our business every day of our lives. That makes it our business.

I enjoyed reading this. smiley
Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by pocohantas(f): 8:57am On Aug 02, 2021
Lol! See as you just finish work.

I await the response to this. cheesy

hopefulLandlord:
Dan Baker

Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by keenn: 11:44am On Aug 02, 2021
T
Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by mariahAngel(f): 2:44pm On Aug 02, 2021
hopefulLandlord:

Dan Baker

I intentionally wasn’t going to respond to you, knowing that you usually come from a place of deep anger (and I dare say hatred) towards religious people, and I wasn’t going to go there with you.
But for the benefit of those awaiting a response, here goes;
First of all, there’s God! And a relationship with God is not that of master and slave, a true relationship with God is spiritual. And only in God will you find true and everlasting freedom.
Being in a spiritual relationship with God is a matter of choice and not by force, and it is by far the best decision I have ever made in my life.
It is through God that I know my purpose in life. What I live for.

No! You don’t “assume” on behalf of another person.

So then, now I ask you;
What is the purpose your existence?
What gives meaning to your life?
What is the substance of your soul?

The truth is in this world, be it about religion, race, ethnicity, or anything, there’ll always be the majority and the minority groups of people. (There’s hardly anything anyone can do to change that)
Whichever group we find ourselves, we just have to learn to live with it.

If today, I find myself in China or India, would their religion be in my face everywhere I turn? Yes.
Would I force my beliefs on them? No.
Would I be affected by their beliefs? No.
Would I hate them? No.
Would I be unnecessarily angry about something I cannot change? No.
Would I learn to live as a minority among them? Yes.
Would it affect my spirituality? No!

3 Likes

Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by mariahAngel(f): 2:45pm On Aug 02, 2021
pocohantas:
Lol! See as you just finish work.

I await the response to this. cheesy

Nri e yee la!
Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by armyofone(m): 5:52pm On Aug 02, 2021
@ crackhaus grin ok - alright thanks.

crackhaus:

His sin is not as grievous as hers – the 'generational punishment' is reserved for whomever has the greater responsibility of preserving life in a particular situation.

I know you will not agree sha... cheesy

If we start including everyone comnected to the sin, then even the doctor(s) and/or nurse(s) involved would serve punishment na, but it doesn't work that way.

Observe King David's story above; he didn't physically kill Uriah, he simply sent a letter to Joab one of his captains and that one connived with his co-captains by abandoning Uriah in the thick of battle.
If we go by your logic, then Joab and the remaining captains (historically known as David's mighty men) should serve the punishment too.

You people have turned me to a preacher on this thread, but let me show you a verse that kind of explains the 'concept' of greater responsibility when one or more people are involved in the same sin.

John 19:11
Jesus answered, “You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above. Therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin.”

That was Jesus talking to Pontius Pilate, kind of explaining how he (Pilate) ought not to feel personally responsible for allowing the Jews sentence him to death on the cross... even though he had the power to stop them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It / Men And Marriage- Fathers' Day Reflection / Wish Your Family Happy New Year The Mathematical Way. [must See]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.