Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Now A Reality-photos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Now A Reality-photos (8645 Views)

Aerial View Of The 2nd Niger Bridge (Drone Photos) / Finally, The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Becoming A Reality - See Live Images From Site / Julius Berger Installs Live Camera On The 2nd Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Now A Reality-photos by Okoroawusa: 7:49pm On Jul 28, 2021
seunmsg:

If you call what APC is doing on the bridge slow, what should we call what PDP did on the bridge for 16 years?
Experiment
Re: The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Now A Reality-photos by rolams(m): 7:52pm On Jul 28, 2021
seunmsg:

The contract for the actual construction was awarded to Julius Berger in 2018 at a sum of N206Bn, long after Jonathan left office. The contract is being fully funded by the FG through the PIDF set up by Buhari and not PPP. So, how did Jonathan pay for a contract he didn’t even award?

Disregard everything Reno said in that propaganda blog. It’s all lies.

Very funny!

Auditor general 2

Read this:

The Second Niger bridge is a Nigerian Federal Government project that is 1.6 km (0.99 mi) long and furnished with other ancillary infrastructure including a 10.3 km (6.4 mi) highway, Owerri interchange and a toll station all at Obosi city, expected to be completed in the year 2022. The bridge was initiated under the administration of Goodluck Jonathan and is being sustained by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Niger_bridge

Stop spreading lies, are you a son of that minister?
Re: The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Now A Reality-photos by rolams(m): 7:53pm On Jul 28, 2021
Monogamy:

Provide credible source not all this evening bloggers story

Very funny!

Auditor general 2

Read this:

The Second Niger bridge is a Nigerian Federal Government project that is 1.6 km (0.99 mi) long and furnished with other ancillary infrastructure including a 10.3 km (6.4 mi) highway, Owerri interchange and a toll station all at Obosi city, expected to be completed in the year 2022. The bridge was initiated under the administration of Goodluck Jonathan and is being sustained by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Re: The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Now A Reality-photos by seunmsg(m): 7:55pm On Jul 28, 2021
rolams:

Very funny!

Auditor general 2

Read this:

Stop spreading lies, are you a son of that minister?

I have to read your post five times to see where it was reported that Jonathan paid 80% of the contract sum before leaving office but still couldn’t find it. Kindly help by highlighting the part in bold for me to see. Seems I’m not seeing clearly again. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Now A Reality-photos by Theunbothered: 7:55pm On Jul 28, 2021
willybaby:
hahahahaha I love your last sentence, what has Jonathan started and completed if not stealing, my number 1 president used to be Yar'Adua but I must admit president Buhari is way above every president Nigeria has ever had in the area of infrastructure, equipping the military even internationally we now have our mojo back, under Jonathan we were a laughing stock, insulted by Ghana, Cameroon, SA, even Chad fa

Chad insulted Nigeria last year. Soldiers are now afraid to be kidnapped. Where is the mojo abeg? grin
Re: The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Now A Reality-photos by rolams(m): 7:57pm On Jul 28, 2021
seunmsg:

I have to read your post about five times looking for where it was reported that Jonathan paid 80% of the contract sum before leaving office but still couldn’t find it. Kindly help by highlighting the part in bold for me to see. Seems I’m not seeing clearly again. Thanks in advance.

Do you remember that should said Jonathan has nothing to do with the project?
Re: The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Now A Reality-photos by Monogamy: 8:03pm On Jul 28, 2021
rolams:

Very funny!

Auditor general 2

Read this:

What's exactly your argument about.. Someone from budget department presented you with glaring facts yet you are still it yet satisfied..

You think projects are done on paper?
Re: The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Now A Reality-photos by seunmsg(m): 8:06pm On Jul 28, 2021
rolams:

Do you remember that should said Jonathan has nothing to do with the project?

Uncle, your post below is where we started from o.

rolams:

Op is one of our problems in this nation.

The project that Jonathan's administration had paid 80% of Nigerian's cost.

There is no doubt, the current administration did not discontinued the job. But the project is taking too much time to be completed

Attached also is my first response to your comments. See ehn, accept that you were misled by Reno and move on. No need arguing when the facts are clear and readily available online. Nobody is getting paid for winning arguments on Nairaland.

Re: The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Now A Reality-photos by PIMPAR: 8:16pm On Jul 28, 2021
richiemcgold:
Reality bawo?
These are just work in progress, and on a very slow pace.
..except 'reality' in my dictionary is different.
You need to travel and see. Local man
Re: The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Now A Reality-photos by richiemcgold: 8:23pm On Jul 28, 2021
PIMPAR:

You need to travel and see. Local man
STFU!
I can feed you and your generation.
Re: The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Now A Reality-photos by Jimasun: 8:25pm On Jul 28, 2021
rolams:

There is no doubt, the current administration did not discontinued the job. But the project is taking too much time to be completed.
Paid 80% without doing anything?
You are a joke
Re: The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Now A Reality-photos by muller101(m): 8:35pm On Jul 28, 2021
sarrki:

You are a problem to God and humanity

You lie at will

Everything Jonathan as paid for it

Enemies of Nigeria are pathological Liars
As if Nigeria is already not an enemy to her useless self.
Re: The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Now A Reality-photos by thundafire: 9:08pm On Jul 28, 2021
seunmsg:

Stop embarrassing yourself my friend. Jonathan did not pay a kobo regarding the actual construction of the bridge. He only paid for the engineering design. Learn the difference and stop spewing rubbish all over the place.
all this rubbish u still wouldn't learn. Project started in 2012 and it got stalled because of the useless community asking for money from JB,which contributed in the delay and it kicked off again around 2014 from there in which the current Administration is continuing it because of election. So why can't the complete Ibadan-lagos expressway, Calabar-Itu
Re: The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Now A Reality-photos by rolams(m): 9:12pm On Jul 28, 2021
Monogamy:

What's exactly your argument about.. Someone from budget department presented you with glaring facts yet you are still it yet satisfied..

You think projects are done on paper?

Someone from Budget department who doesn't know that the previous administration initiated the project.
Re: The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Now A Reality-photos by rolams(m): 9:14pm On Jul 28, 2021
Jimasun:

Paid 80% without doing anything?
You are a joke

Says who?
Re: The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Now A Reality-photos by rolams(m): 9:17pm On Jul 28, 2021
seunmsg:

Uncle, your post below is where we started from o.

Attached also is my first response to your comments. See ehn, accept that you were misled by Reno and move on. No need arguing when the facts are clear and readily available online. Nobody is getting paid for winning arguments on Nairaland.

Check your post naa! You said Jonathan did not pay Kobo hence, the reason for the response.
Re: The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Now A Reality-photos by funkekemi(f): 9:27pm On Jul 28, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Igbos are doing the killing because their recents activities shows they are killers

Meanwhile let me ignore your insults because O bulu na o mgbe nkpa afo ime asulu ora nni, akpapu Ikwe Mbala waa ya nku......O na omelu taa owulu unyahu.
otu gbawakwa nne gi
Re: The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Now A Reality-photos by sarrki(m): 9:45pm On Jul 28, 2021
muller101:
As if Nigeria is already not an enemy to her useless self.

Yet you stayed in Lagos spewing thrash

Why not stay in your region and claim your Biafra
Re: The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Now A Reality-photos by jahsharon: 9:45pm On Jul 28, 2021
rolams:

There is no doubt, the current administration did not discontinued the job. But the project is taking too much time to be completed.

Stop bringing in the drunk ineffectual Buffon into this discussion. He did nothing but commissioned a map of the bridge. The lifeless terrorist and breathing mannequin is another useless fellow, but do not praise an idiot because you meet a fool. Both slowpoke are useful for nothing.
Re: The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Now A Reality-photos by muller101(m): 10:00pm On Jul 28, 2021
sarrki:

Yet you stayed in Lagos spewing thrash

Why not stay in your region and claim your Biafra
kindly crawl back to that stupidity hole you emerged from.
Re: The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Now A Reality-photos by AmuEbule: 10:54pm On Jul 28, 2021
sarrki:
Current photos of the Second Niger Bridge, under construction. July 2021.

Many people assume the Bridge is the entire project, but it’s actually just a component.

There’s several kilometers of 6-lane approach roads in Onitsha and Asaba too. Total cost of the Project — ie the 1.6km Bridge plus over 40km of Six-Lane Highway) — is in excess of 400 billion Naira (for those who like to allege that Buhari isn’t building or investing anything in the South East - and this is just one of several infrastructure projects completed or ongoing in the region).

The first phase of the Second Niger Bridge project is the Bridge and about 10km of Highway, as well as an Interchange and a Toll Station; the remaining length of highway will I believe be completed as a second phase.

All coming along nicely, financed by the Presidential Infrastructure Development Fund (PIDF) that President Buhari established in 2018, with $650m in seed funding, to deliver on critical road projects across the country.

The existing Bridge was constructed in the 1960s, so a second Bridge is long overdue. The ones who came before didn’t take it serious, alas. They (don’t ask me pls) ‘flagged off’ construction in 2007 and in 2014, but on both occasions it was what Yorubas call ‘sagbelojuyoyo’ aka scam. All sound and fury, signifying nothing.

I’m glad that the scam is now long behind us, somebody committed to developing the infrastructure that has eluded us for decades (and the lingering absence of which is partly responsible for where we find ourselves today) is now in charge, and this bridge will be commissioned next year by the special grace of the Almighty God.

Reality my foot. Sarrki, stay off booze please.
You know that I know you. undecided undecided
Re: The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Now A Reality-photos by Exponential101: 11:09pm On Jul 28, 2021
Re: The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Now A Reality-photos by Sunday2021: 11:13pm On Jul 28, 2021
This the kind of news that gives ipob heart attack .
God bless Buhari
God bless Nigeria.
Re: The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Now A Reality-photos by Shugabanqasa: 12:34am On Jul 29, 2021
Juliusmalema:

You are the problem of Nigeria not op.

Which Jonathan paid from? From which money?

The ones Deziani Allison looted or which one?

Buhari started and is completing the project.

Jonathan remains the worst president in Nigeria history.

The corruption under him were unimaginable.

Very weak and a thief at sametine.

He looted NIGERIA on industrial scale.

Infact has the worst kind of advisors attributable to a mini idia Amin like Reno Omokri

Devilish, cunning and always wants to be seen as right even after stealing Nigeria dry

buhari is constructing second Niger bridge, reno will rush and shout jonathan started it

buhari completes railway.....he will shout jonathan started it

buhari is building new complex in bayelsa....reno will shout jonathan started it....

Well it is safe to say Uncompleted former president Jonathan.

What has Jonathan started and completed if not stealing.

Nice one

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nkem Okeke's Defection : Stakeholders Trade Tackles As Election Draws Closer / Olawepo Hashim Leads Oby Ezekwesili On Her Group Presidential Poll / Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.