Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,270 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah (8640 Views)

May 29: Politicians Should Be Sworn In With Amadioha, Ogun – Chuks Ibegbu / Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions / Iduma Igariwey: Umahi & Deputy Should Vacate Office without delay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah by nairavsdollars(f): 7:53am On Mar 23, 2019
Obong Victor Attah, a former Governor of Akwa Ibom State on Friday said it is time for old generation politicians, including himself to vacate the scene and groom younger Nigerians with fresh ideas to take Nigeria to its rightful place in the comity of nations.

Speaking in an exclusive interview with Saturday INDEPENDENT, at his residence in Lagos, 80- year old Attah also said he will champion a movement now with people of like minds to ensure that new set of younger leaders take charge of the nation’s affairs from 2023.

The elder statesman said the search for younger Nigerians with the ability and integrity to lead the country must begin now that the 2019 elections is over and not when the 2023 is just around the corner like it happened during the just concluded general elections.

According to him, the consequence of the 2019 elections is that power has returned to the common man and they can freely elect their leaders without being influenced or coerced by godfathers as witnessed in Ogun, Imo, Kwara, Oyo and other states.

“My conclusion was that the 2019 elections is the triumph of the common man. The consequence of the election has brought about certain things that Nigeria badly needed. Power has come back to the people.

“All the arrangements that used to be made in Abuja, Lagos and other places came to nothing. The people insisted that this is what they want and that is what they had. It is obvious. A governor will stand up and say ‘this is my preferred candidate but the people said ‘No’! Look at Ogun, Kwara, Oyo, Imo and even Akwa Ibom. Before now, people make arrangements and forced it down people’s throat, but now they couldn’t do that again.

“So for me, the consequence of the 2019 elections is that power has returned to the common man, the average Nigerian. More than that, I believe it is going to spell the death of APC, PDP and the military influence that we have always had.

“It is a new beginning. Those of us in the old formation have been wiped off from the political scene. Let a new Nigeria grow now. Let a new Nigerian spring forth with fresh hands to administer things properly but it has to be a federal system that is given them to administer, not this fractured system.

“A new order must begin now to take over from APC and PDP in 2023 and that new order must begin now. You have to form two movements. The first movement is to reestablish this country as a federal system and it must be nationwide, supported by the international community.

“Second, you begin to search for somebody outside of the establishment, not the ones brought about by the establishment. If this country will search for a president, with all due respect and honour for the dead, would we have selected a person like the late Umaru Yar’Adua whom we knew was sick almost to the point of death. But the system brought him up. Now, that system is gone.

“So, the country must now look for people they believe have the ability and integrity to rule this country. By the time Buhari’s second tenure is coming to an end, certain names will become household names and we will know from these names, the person that will become our next president. We will begin to groom them from now, not when election is approaching.”

https://www.independent.ng/older-politicians-should-vacate-scene-for-younger-nigerians-attah/

5 Likes

Re: Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah by donstan18: 7:55am On Mar 23, 2019
The younger ones are not yet ready, they are still slaying on Social media.

24 Likes

Re: Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah by amaniro: 7:59am On Mar 23, 2019
Youth Government is overrated.

Should we give space for people Like Sowore, Adeyanju abi MC oluomo? The truth of the matter is Our Youth aren't ready, sorry to say. They are still throwing banters at each other on nairaland.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah by hungryboy(m): 8:00am On Mar 23, 2019
Younger ones like Yahaya Bello abi?
we don't need a young or old leader, what we need is a decent leader, a technocrat and a leader who cares about the masses, whether he is young or old is not an issue.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah by ednut1(m): 8:05am On Mar 23, 2019
Are the youths any better

3 Likes

Re: Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah by Bossontop(m): 8:05am On Mar 23, 2019
E no go make any difference na...... when na dia yahaya bello and mc oluomo type dem go gather put for dere and level headed and competent youth will not be given the opportunity to get there

2 Likes

Re: Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah by Bloooody(m): 8:05am On Mar 23, 2019
When will Nigerians realize it's not by age but by the heart of the person?
The US president is more than 60 years old but the country is booming.
Age doesn't matter but the man himself

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 23, 2019
Those claiming the Youths are not ready are only stating where they stand individually.
Your views aren't that of the majority.
For the fact that you keep seeing the unserious ones among the youths gives us a bigger idea that you guys are living in the realm of unseriousness.
Or you guys were paid to poison the youths minds against the youths?
I am ready to play my part as a Patriotic Youth, I believe the same of the Nigerian Youths out there.

God Bless Nigeria.
God Bless Nigerians.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah by Num07033711115(m): 8:05am On Mar 23, 2019
Like we
Re: Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah by Blue3k(m): 8:06am On Mar 23, 2019
I disagree youth should earn there seats. The constitution was already amended to allow 25 year olds to run for certain offices.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah by Eprolist: 8:06am On Mar 23, 2019
Right
Re: Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah by Kendumazy(m): 8:06am On Mar 23, 2019
Very truth sir. Sadly, the younger aren't even reliable. The few we have tested shows to be nothing but disappointments at the end of the day.

8GB Atm card flash drive for #1000 only. Check my signature below.

1 Like

Re: Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah by popelix: 8:06am On Mar 23, 2019
Show example Mr Attah, then Buhari might follow suit
Re: Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah by bugggg: 8:08am On Mar 23, 2019
grin... yeah time for yahoo crew 2 take over
Re: Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah by Philinho(m): 8:09am On Mar 23, 2019
When they appoint you minister and you reject the offer,the. i will listen to you
Re: Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah by yuanexchanger: 8:09am On Mar 23, 2019
You too mr attach
pay your chinese suppliers through us with wechat and alipay fund
Re: Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah by tsannee(m): 8:09am On Mar 23, 2019
donstan18:
The younger ones are not yet ready, they are still slaying on Social media.
So true
Re: Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah by balonaija(f): 8:10am On Mar 23, 2019
na wahala...
Re: Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah by millionboi2: 8:11am On Mar 23, 2019
For where...... when d youths have refused to hustle bt to lick d ass in d name of job hunting.

1 Like

Re: Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah by Mowoe(m): 8:11am On Mar 23, 2019
amaniro:
Youth Government is overrated.

Should we give space for people Like Sowore, Adeyanju abi MC oluomo? The truth of the matter is Our Youth aren't ready, sorry to sat.
If you had said this before January 2019 I would have strongly disagreed with you, but after seeing how things played out before and after the elections? You're so right! Which youths Are we talking about here? Is it the likes of Desmond Elliot who commissioned a toilet for his constituents? Or Mr. Jollof who after jumping at almost every opportunity to fault the present Government defected to the ruling party less than 24 hours after losing the election? Or is it Sowore who pulled out of a pact just because he wasn't their choice candidate? Or Kingsley Moghalu who one his pulling center agents was caught trying to buy votes? Or even Fela Durotoye with Zero political presence? The younger generation presidential candidates were just the worst; all they wanted was a piece of the national cake to themselves; they knew they stood no chance but refused to form a coalition, each man wanting the highest seat of power for himself.
These So-Called youths are old wines in new bottles.

4 Likes

Re: Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah by ObaKlaz: 8:11am On Mar 23, 2019
The youth always feeling entitled.

1 Like

Re: Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah by Trustee1: 8:12am On Mar 23, 2019
Well spoken.
Re: Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 23, 2019
younger politicians are not ready yet, Trust me. Not if they are stil supporting the older ones And killing themselves for the older politicians..

Until they stop licking the asses and Rallying for the older politicians They are not ready yet.
Re: Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah by papiwyte(m): 8:13am On Mar 23, 2019
Our youths are lazy grin grin grin all dey knw how to do is to give shares and like for looters.....

Don't quote Me cool cool cool
Re: Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah by Antoeni(m): 8:13am On Mar 23, 2019
See this Idiot that became Governor at the age of 65, is he just Realizing that the younger generation should be given chance. HYPOCRITE
Re: Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah by Hoodbilonia: 8:13am On Mar 23, 2019
Whr is sowore today
Pius anyim pius
Since dem born me till now
He still dey thr
Bastard chieftans
Re: Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 8:13am On Mar 23, 2019
They should keep waiting for older politicians to vacate sit for them sad
Re: Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 23, 2019
Children are the leaders of tomorrow is a scam, since I was born I have been seeing the same old politicians been recycled.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Captain Hosa, Prof Ize-Iyamu Lose Polling Units To Obasaki / Tinubu Already Has 200m Naira 2023 Toyota Landcruiser / Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.