Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,865 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp (40211 Views)

Two Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To NYSC Camp In Adamawa / 8 Prospective Corpers Survive Ghastly Accident On Their Way To Anambra (Photos) / 2 Corpers Die In Accident In Katsina (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by freshalien: 9:14pm On Jul 28, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
I see comments like scrap NYSC like car accidents will suddenly stop when this happens .

Get to the root cause of the problem.

Recess driving, vehicles not roadworthy and roads not car worthy, with a pinch of bandits and kidnappers on the highway.

You are one of the few sensible people in Nigeria. Road accidents would be a rare occurrence if the proper measures and punishments are put in place. But we keep chasing shadows instead of dealing with the problem are root.
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by ubee(m): 9:18pm On Jul 28, 2021
Those of you calling for the scrapping of NYSC because of this accident - no disrespect eh, but i question your sense of reasoning.

So NYSC caused the accident? smh.
The overwhelming majority of ghastly accidents that cause deaths happen because of reckless driving and over speeding.

Go to the any of the interest highways and find a seat by the side of the express and see the type of ridiculous speed levels that people are driving with, then maybe you'll understand.
Instead of our authorities to aggressively campaign to educate and enforce laws to help reduce over speeding on our highways they are idling away in their offices.

In fact it's funny you want NYSC scrapped at this time. Never in the history of this country has the NYSC been as necessary as this times.
The country has been on a steady slide of unprecedented economic decline, with poverty widespread.

The monthly allowance for one year will help to buy the fresh graduates time to find a soft landing as they enter into a labour market that cannot provide jobs for even a quarter of their population.
It's very difficult times. They need that one year to prepare to enter this brutal conditions in the country.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Elidrisy20: 9:18pm On Jul 28, 2021
Before they scrap am, they must settle all ex Corp members wea no get job cool
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Humanoid01(m): 9:20pm On Jul 28, 2021
ubee:
Those of you calling for the scrapping of NYSC because of this accident - no disrespect eh, but i question your sense of reasoning.

The overwhelming majority of ghastly accidents that cause deaths happen because of reckless driving and over speeding.

Go to the any of the interest highways and find a seat by the side of the express and see the type of ridiculous speed levels that people are driving with, then maybe you'll understand.
Instead of our authorities to aggressively campaign to educate and enforce laws to help reduce over speeding on our highways they are idling away in their offices.

In fact it's funny you want NYSC scrapped at this time. Never in the history of this country has the NYSC been as necessary as this times.
The country has been on a steady slide of unprecedented economic decline, with poverty widespread.

The monthly allowance for one year will help to buy the fresh graduates time to find a soft landing as they enter into a labour market that cannot provide jobs for even a quarter of their population.
It's very difficult times. They need that one year to prepare to enter this brutal conditions in the country.
Mr. high sense of reasoning, where is the sense in sending people to a state almost 24 hours from their states of permanent residence, with high rate of insecurity?

I'm not questioning the importance of the allawees for a year, but why must they send people to states far from where they reside?

6 Likes

Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by charlly2016(m): 9:20pm On Jul 28, 2021
There is no unity in Nigeria. NYSC cannot unite Nigeria. Agitations everywhere and people are talking about youth service.NYSC should be banned.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by RobbStark(m): 9:24pm On Jul 28, 2021
RIP to the souls of the departed.

Kastina is a cursed state
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by nengibo: 9:26pm On Jul 28, 2021
What type of nonsense news is this, God help your children oh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Teejay13(m): 9:35pm On Jul 28, 2021
I can't believe this.

God please dont allow our eyes to see this kind wicked of experience
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Wickedfact: 9:37pm On Jul 28, 2021
OBALOLA55:
SOMEONE SHOULD CANCEL THIS NONSENSE angry

If you cancel NYSC today, the educational system in the North will collapse within 2 weeks.

1 Like

Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by mecussey(m): 9:41pm On Jul 28, 2021
OBALOLA55:
SOMEONE SHOULD CANCEL THIS NONSENSE angry

They actually died for nothing, Kastina for that matter, Nonesense
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Lisaint(m): 9:42pm On Jul 28, 2021
Must Nysc deploy to far state?

Imagine nysc deploying to Kaduna
That’s is currently faced with banditry and kidnapper

Must they deploy to state like kaduna?
Is it government of kaduna & the armed forces that can’t secure the lives of property of Kaduna people

Is it them that will secure the lives and properties of Corpers!

I wonder who’s advising FG
Right now
People that are deployed to Kaduna are asked to report next week 3rd of August !

Tell FG to advice Nysc management to remove kaduna and deploy to other state

2 Likes

Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Humanoid01(m): 9:47pm On Jul 28, 2021
Lisaint:
Must Nysc deploy to far state?

Imagine nysc deploying to Kaduna
That’s is currently faced with banditry and kidnapper

Must they deploy to state like kaduna?
Is it government of kaduna & the armed forces that can’t secure the lives of property of Kaduna people

Is it them that will secure the lives and properties of Corpers!

I wonder who’s advising FG
Right now
People that are deployed to Kaduna are asked to report next week 3rd of August !

Tell FG to advice Nysc management to remove kaduna and deploy to other state

Not just Kaduna, all northern states.

4 Likes

Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Morris101686(m): 9:51pm On Jul 28, 2021
Very pathetic. Rest in peace.
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by bayelsaowei(m): 9:51pm On Jul 28, 2021
Scrap nysc..its adding little or no value to graduates..these are promising graduates that should have been out there in better climes securing good jobs and planning their careers..here in Naija the govt directly or indirectly cut short the lives of vibrant future leaders...

1 Like

Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Lisaint(m): 9:53pm On Jul 28, 2021
Humanoid01:

Not just Kaduna, all northern states.

I wonder who’s advising NYSC

First they stop people from choosing states because no one is willing to come to north.
And I won’t blame anyone

No one is willing to go too and area where they can just kill them without anyone asking question!

This season they just move people down to north anyhow!

Well I’m not suprise

We don’t kuku have Minister of Education in this country

3 Likes

Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Feggie3: 9:54pm On Jul 28, 2021
ubee:

Please just shut up!! Why not fix the roads and regulate driving and traffic rules before sending innocent youths to their untimely grave.

Morris101686:
Very pathetic. Rest in peace.
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by NewDelhi(m): 9:59pm On Jul 28, 2021
kingsleyi:
It's very painful.i saw these two buses passing thru Enugu yesterday with inscription KATSINA STATE CORPERS 1&2.I personally smelt death and prayed for there soul because I knew most of them wont come back alive .
Tell me more about this?

Also how we're their busses inscribed, written or banner?

1 Like

Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Heineken(m): 10:07pm On Jul 28, 2021
What's the essense of this life?? Tomorrow we gone. Let's just be good and help those we know we can. There's no time. Even if there's no hell or heaven, just do your best and help if you can. At least you'll be fulfilled. Rip to them. cry
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by olamoses75(m): 10:12pm On Jul 28, 2021
Cokahot:
Whenever I wanna travel by pub,if I no be nos 1 or number 5. I won't enter cos I won't sleep and my eyes go fey driver speedometer with steering control. Imagine the idiot at passengers side sleeping. Driver sef sleep for steering. Extra bonus fatigue leads to death esp behind wheels
Never sleep,even if all passengers don sleep,dey awake dey monitor movement. U can dose off for 10mins but don't forget,your eyes na eyes of driver. It's been working for me for years,before the day I travel by pub transport,i must make sure I sleep at least 9hrs .max 8pm to 5am I don wake. E no get how sleep wan catch me again. Above all,na God get power. The day I travelled from Abuja to calabar,na good 11 hrs I dey for road,driver saved us by swerving to the right due to top speed and loss of control from incoming vehicle,this was like 2010. When I got down,I was still in shock cos me I dey back seat. If the driver hadn't swerved to the left,na head on collision at 145kph at around 8.30pm. Aktc o. That time I never knew aktc na death trap. But na God
that reminds me of my first time going to Abuja, on my way back to Ibadan, the bus left Abuja at 7pm but you won't believe the driver slept off on the wheel at around 1pm,not small sleep o, the man closed his 2 eyes finish, thank God for the woman that sat beside him, she was the one that noticed and called the attention of everyone. We had to tell him to stop, then we bought drinks and kolanut for him, and allowed him before returning to the steering after 2 hours rest. Learnt that he just came back from Ibadan around 5pm, and still decide to put his bus on the turn that same day, is that not genocide?

3 Likes

Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 28, 2021
End this nonsense
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by redsun(m): 10:27pm On Jul 28, 2021
Why will corper go further north beyond Abuja to serve in a state of the emergency region where they can easily be kidnapped or killed. What kind of suicidal and aimless service is that?
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by metulated007(m): 10:28pm On Jul 28, 2021
It meant to unit d country youth but this days u bribe your way to a preferred state
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Zainabthegirl1(f): 10:33pm On Jul 28, 2021
Awww! May their souls Rest In Peace..so sad
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:33pm On Jul 28, 2021
Humanoid01:

You are very insensitive. Those deaths could have been avoided if those people were not posted to a state far from their states of residence. The accident happened around 1-2 AM. Who in his right senses would want to embark on a journey at that time of the night? Bros, NYSC is largely to be blamed for their deaths.

I was also posted to the Katsina from Ogun state but for my safety, I decided not to go for now. Travelling by road to such a dangerous zone is a huge risk. Na God dey protect person but we still have to apply wisdom where it is needed.

I was posted to Enugu from Bauchi.

Travelling at night is a choice, they were not under arrest. Their lives are not more valuable than the lives of natives of the same area. I have no regrets about my comments.

Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by yassinattah(m): 10:37pm On Jul 28, 2021
ubee:

It’s ur sense of reasoning that is at fault.
What has NYSC done for you.
If you were among the deceased,you won’t be typing this reasonable analogy because you’d be dead
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by bluefilm: 10:53pm On Jul 28, 2021
Chai.

What a sad, horrible and painful way to pass out of National Service. cry cry cry
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by ubyways(m): 11:05pm On Jul 28, 2021
My cousin is among, sad. ���
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Vick4rill(m): 11:06pm On Jul 28, 2021
cosse:
I HAVE SAID IT TIMES WITHOUT NUMBER.NYSC HAS OUTLIVED ITS USEFULNESS.it should be scrapped......
most of you typing this really have small mind or thinking ability, pls kindly tell me the correlation between Nysc and road accidents? With the exception of this particular incident are people not dying every day in Nigeria roads while going on their normal businesses , should we now scrap business and markets? Most of you frustrated graduates should stop all this bitterness

1 Like

Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Larry253(m): 11:09pm On Jul 28, 2021
Very tragic...

My condolences...

I severed in that state,some of the best days of my life!!!
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Destinylearning(m): 11:18pm On Jul 28, 2021
kingsleyi:
It's very painful.i saw these two buses passing thru Enugu yesterday with inscription KATSINA STATE CORPERS 1&2.I personally smelt death and prayed for there soul because I knew most of them wont come back alive .

You're a fool...

Ori re ti baje patapata

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Bodydiialect57: 11:20pm On Jul 28, 2021
kingsleyi:
You smelt death? How?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yusuf Buhari Receives NYSC Certificate Despite Not Completing His Service Year? / 7 Types Of Corper Teachers You'll Meet In A School / NYSC To Deploy Doctors, Pharmacists To IDPs Camps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.