Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 - Sports (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 (32991 Views)

Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses To The USA 72 - 81 / Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Germany 92 - 99 / Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Uchasa(m): 10:46am On Jul 31, 2021
EraseTheDot:

33 points & losing all group games, is there a medal for it?. Do you want God to extend your sufferings for saying foolish things?
Giannis is Yoruba first before ibo, his mum is just a sperm bank. Receive sense.

-erase the dot

Sorry, Giannis is not as frustrated as you. He doesn't despise any of his parents. He loves both. If you loved both of your parents and respected them, you wouldn't have ended up as frustrated as you are today. Go to hell!
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Femeto: 10:46am On Jul 31, 2021
grin Tribalism should be stopped in here. Na Nigeria play today o.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by smartman2010(m): 10:55am On Jul 31, 2021
So so annoyed d way naija guy dey played
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Ayo2004: 10:56am On Jul 31, 2021
Tonyx5:

Above expectation ?? wth are you on about
Yes...they were not expected to reach anywhere
Who even followed the news of Nigerian basketball team
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by EraseTheDot: 10:56am On Jul 31, 2021
Uchasa:

Was it Nwora's father that chose the Olympic squad? See this frustrated thing that doesn't even have a TV, let alone know how the basketball game works?
Who destroyed Nigeria's Table Tennis Team comprised of, Captain Aruna Quadri(Yoruba), Funke Oshonaike (Yoruba), Offiong Edem(Efik-Ibibio), and Olajide Omotayo(Yoruba), that were all beaten without winning a game at this same Olympics? Also an Igbo shey?
Nwora's father did a good job by leaving D'Tigers for an American. If he was the coach, by now, people like you would have cried more. I wonder why the American coach even made the Basketball team more Igbocentric than before cheesy cheesy cheesy
Nwora's father was the interim coach before the new coach recently came on board for the Olympics. Nwora's father is a major influence on the team and only a foolish dolt would deny it. He is the assistant coach, in case you're too daft to know.

In your stupid reasoning, the table tennis team was not selected based on tribalism but on merit. Those are the best hands we have got in Nigeria. Don't believe me, believe the World & Africa's table tennis rankings.
But the basketball team were selected by coach Nwora based on his preference for dressing room cleaners.

-erase the dot
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by bkool7(m): 10:57am On Jul 31, 2021
felixnkubi:
this Olympics so far has been nothing but pain and disgrace, thankfully most Nigerians are watching bbnaija, so I doubt the pain will be felt that much nationwide.... but seriously sha, it's been a depressing Olympic run so far

We started preparation very late.
While serious countries didn't stop preparing during the lockdown we, only started gathering athletes last year.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by EraseTheDot: 10:57am On Jul 31, 2021
Uchasa:

Sorry, Giannis is not as frustrated as you. He doesn't despise any of his parents. He loves both. If you loved both of your parents and respected them, you wouldn't have ended up as frustrated as you are today. Go to hell!
That witch of a mother killed his father to inherit his wealth.

-erase the dot
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Evii: 10:58am On Jul 31, 2021
Buhari carry bad luck follow these our people oh
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Uchasa(m): 11:00am On Jul 31, 2021
EraseTheDot:

Nwora's father was the interim coach before the new coach recently came on board for the Olympics. Nwora's father is a major influence on the team and only a foolish dolt would deny it. He is the assistant coach, in case you're too daft to know.

In your stupid reasoning, the table tennis team was not selected based on tribalism but on merit. Those were the best hands we have got in Nigeria. Don't believe me, believe the World & Africa's table tennis rankings.
But the basketball team were selected by coach Nwora based on his preference for dressing room cleaners.

-erase the dot

Oh, so that "experienced" table tennis team that won no game or anything reasonable and lost to inferior sides is the best Nigeria has, but the young basketball team that shocked US and Argentina in a pre-olympic ehibition, but narrowly loss to Australia, Germany, and Italy is not the best Nigeria has?

Your nepotism is out of this world. If I start mentioning the Yoruba athletes that flopped at this Olympics, you will hate me. But I won't, unless you give me a reason to! Big Nonsense!
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Uchasa(m): 11:02am On Jul 31, 2021
EraseTheDot:

That witch of a mother killed his father to inherit his wealth.

-erase the dot

The witch killed a poor man who couldn't fend for his children, instead he sent them to sell wristwatch on the streets of Greece to make ends meet? Are you even ok? Do you even know the Antetokunpos?
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by EraseTheDot: 11:10am On Jul 31, 2021
Uchasa:

Oh, so that "experienced" table tennis team that won no game or anything reasonable and lost to inferior sides is the best Nigeria has, but the young basketball team that shocked US and Argentina in a pre-olympic ehibition, but narrowly loss to Australia, Germany, and Italy is not the best Nigeria has?

Your nepotism is out of this world. If I start mentioning the Yoruba athletes that flopped at this Olympics, you will hate me. But I won't, unless you give me a reason to! Big Nonsense!
Daft, daft, daftus.
The table tennis team lost against their betters. They lost to those ranked above them. Table tennis is based on rankings not tribal selection as Dtigers team.
Almost everyone knows that both basketball teams stand no chance but we still pushed them on but ibos were so daft that the cheatbeating was taken to a ridiculous level forgetting that those guys are representing Nigeria but foolish ibos tagged them biafran team. So who takes the stick, Me or the foolish ibos?

-erase the dot
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by SIRTee15: 11:12am On Jul 31, 2021
Uchasa:

Oga, this is the best Nigerian team. We should appreciate the fact that we have 8 NBA players in our team. They are a total of 29 NBA players eligible to play for Nigeria, and more than half who happen to be the best half have pledged their allegiance to other countries. From the Antetokunpos allegiance to Greece, to Ayton's allegiance to Bahamas, to Anunoby,Oladipo, Adebayo, and Okoro's allegiance to USA.
I counted 19 NBA players of nigerian descent. Can u send a link to the total 29 players.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Newton85: 11:14am On Jul 31, 2021
MaziAlaye:

This is like saying yorubas that chants "omoluabis" are casting other ethnic groups?? When did praising your ethnic group become a hatred towards other ethnic group?
Your Igbophobia is never gonna help you dumbfucker!
Dear IPOB cretin, if you Igbos were shouting "dot country" and "Igbo Amaka" because their ethnic dominated the basketball squad, then there's nothing wrong if non-Igbos mock Igbos for the abysmal performances of the Igbo-dominated team. Your Yorubaphobia is never gonna help you, you deplorable cretin!
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Uchasa(m): 11:15am On Jul 31, 2021
SIRTee15:

I counted 19 NBA players of nigerian descent. Can u send a link to the total 29 players.

Ok

1. Chuma Okeke
2. Giannis Antetokunpo
3. Thannis Antetokunpo
4. David Nwaba
5. Victor Oladipo
6. Deandre Chidike Ayton
7. Bam Adebayo
8. Jahlil Okafor
9. KZ Okpala
10. Andre Igoudala
11. Gabe Nnamdi Vincent
12. Precious Achiuwa
13. Jordan Nwora
14. Udoka Azubuike
15. Chimezie Metu
16. Zeke Nnaji
17. Isaac Okoro
18. Onyeka Okongwu
19. Desmond Edidem Bane
20. Josh Okogie
21. Jeff Akhigbe Green
22 Miye Oni
23. OG Anunoby
24. Al Farouq-Aminu
25. Wes Iwundu
26. Daniel Oturu
27. Kostas Antetokunpo
28. Semi Ojeleye
29. Ike Anigbogu
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Newton85: 11:16am On Jul 31, 2021
Uchasa:

Tbh, I know all Nigerian ethnic groups well to infer this. If it was Yoruba that dominated this team or any Southern tribe, Igbos wouldn't have spoken any ill. But if it was the Hausa-Fulani, then it will be war!
Lol bro, your comments are getting mature and less angry these days? What happened bro? Lol.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Gval123: 11:17am On Jul 31, 2021
Buhari don cause another chaos again.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Godson32(m): 11:18am On Jul 31, 2021
Na Buhari dey cause all this things.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Uchasa(m): 11:19am On Jul 31, 2021
EraseTheDot:

Daft, daft, daftus.
The table tennis team lost against their betters. They lost to those ranked above them. Table tennis is based on rankings not tribal selection as Dtigers team.
Almost everyone knows that both basketball teams stand no chance but we still pushed them on but ibos were so daft that the cheatbeating was taken to a ridiculous level forgetting that those guys are representing Nigeria but foolish ibos tagged them biafran team. So who takes the stick, Me or the foolish ibos?

-erase the dot

Ok, so D'Tigers lost to those below them? sad sad. When I said you don't have a TV set, I wasn't joking. I'm not sure you know what's happening in the world!

So, what also destroyed these Yoruba trio: Godwin Olofua, Anoluwapo Opeyori, and Dorcas Ajoke Adesokan who represented Nigeria in badminton at this same Olympics and crashed out after failing to win a game! Was it also Nwora's father, or another Igbo man? undecided undecided
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Uchasa(m): 11:20am On Jul 31, 2021
Newton85:
Lol bro, your comments are getting mature and less angry these days? What happened bro? Lol.

I'm becoming more patriotic and less tribalistic, but Nigerians on Nairaland are making me become even more tribalistic. angry angry
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 31, 2021
codemaniacs:

Even if Nigeria builds good structures and has local talents those local talents will not be chosen and the team selection will be the same thing you are seeing. So you're saying rubbish.

Then go vote for politicians who would ensure federal character...don't complain to me.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 31, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
how is this the best we got when victor oladipo and bam adebayo and sina adetokunbo are not playing ? bros stop all this crazy talk na

For the last time, mr incontinence, all those guys have pledged to the USA...Mr Adebayo is on the US team even.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by EraseTheDot: 11:22am On Jul 31, 2021
Uchasa:

The witch killed a poor man who couldn't fend for his children, instead he sent them to sell wristwatch on the streets of Greece to make ends meet? Are you even ok? Do you even know the Antetokunpos?
How was he a poor man?.. A man whose worth $1.2m before his death.
Where did you get your cøck & bull stories? start talking stupid

-erase the dot
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Uchasa(m): 11:24am On Jul 31, 2021
EraseTheDot:

How was he a poor man?.. A man whose worth $1.2m before his death.
Where did you get your cøck & bull stories? start talking stupid

-erase the dot

See idiot grin grin worth $1.2 million from selling watches on the street of Athens? You must be a joker! Basketball was what brought the Antetokunpos out of Oblivion, go and read their story.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Skseries: 11:26am On Jul 31, 2021
MaziAlaye:

Go back to your godforsaken shattered hut or go stand on the road and wait for the next dangote or BUA truck going to the north.
Dumbfucker!
why so much hate? U assumed am a northerner lol, so I will assume u are an Easterner then, cus the beef with both tribe never seem to ends, so leme ask, do u go to church with this so much hate for ur neighbor in ur heart? Love ur neighbor as urself what happened to that? Or arnt u God chosen ppl again? Hypocrite that's what we Nigerians are. Keep carrying the hate of ur great grand parents, it's ur funeral not mine.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Newton85: 11:28am On Jul 31, 2021
Limassol:
I read somewhere 13 of the players are igbo, how true is it?
Honestly, I have no problem with the vast majority of the team being Igbo bro. I mean, deciding to represent Nigeria despite Nigeria's incompetent sport administrators and shambolic treatment of Nigeria's athletes isn't easy. A bunch of chestbeating clowns on Nairaland won't get me to hate a Nigerian team just because its Igbo-dominated. The Igbo chaps in the team never offended me, and were only out there to do what they knew how to do best for themselves and country. But what I had a problem with is how plenty Igbos on here would be crying blue murder about "Igbo marginalization" if a Nigerian team is dominated by another ethnic group.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by EraseTheDot: 11:28am On Jul 31, 2021
Uchasa:

Ok, so D'Tigers lost to those below them? sad sad. When I said you don't have a TV set, I wasn't joking. I'm not sure you know what's happening in the world!

So, what also destroyed these Yoruba trio: Godwin Olofua, Anoluwapo Opeyori, and Dorcas Ajoke Adesokan who represented Nigeria in badminton at this same Olympics and crashed out after failing to win a game! Was it also Nwora's father, or another Igbo man? undecided undecided
Your thinking is low man. Everyone is represented, Yoruba, Ibo, Urhobo/isoko, Edo, Ibibios etc But ibos made the mess of everything, calling a team biafran team, that's the point. No one else gave a tribal tag to any category except ibos. If you can't comprehend the point, get lost.

-erase the dot
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by codemaniacs: 11:29am On Jul 31, 2021
Beancounter94:

Then go vote for politicians who would ensure federal character...don't complain to me.

Politicians aren't involved in team selection unless it's in the coach's contract.

I'm not complaining I'm just letting you know that there are no local players in the basketball team so even if Nigeria has world class facilities they won't have been selected.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Skseries: 11:29am On Jul 31, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
bam adebayo and victor oladipo and giannis adetokunbo
but the American coach doesn't feel they are better than what he currently haave in his squad. Same way the super eagles coach doesn't feel home based players are good enuf for his team. So u blame the coach not the tribe, players didn't select their selves did they?
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Newton85: 11:30am On Jul 31, 2021
Uchasa:

I'm becoming more patriotic and less tribalistic, but Nigerians on Nairaland are making me become even more tribalistic. angry angry
Lol. You can't escape being a tad tribalistic as long as you're on Nairaland bro. I understand you, but it's not easy to do that on here.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 31, 2021
codemaniacs:

Politicians aren't involved in team selection unless it's in the coach's contract.

I'm not complaining I'm just letting you know that there are no local players in the basketball team so even if Nigeria has world class facilities they won't have been selected.

Yes i know, and at the end of the day they were not good enough...yes they play abroad...in countries that have enough of local talent to the point that they cannot play regularly.

Which is why we have to spend more on our sports...getting the kind of talent and expertise that we need to win things.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Skseries: 11:35am On Jul 31, 2021
Dpaulie:

Better leave this guy... I don't know why tribal sentiment has blinded some of our people to know the truth... Brown is an American and has done so well in coaching
and this tribal sentiments is the reason Nigeria will never be great. As much as I love Nigeria I still feel the 3major tribe will never come together we just hide under the guise of religion where as we are worse than the European who don't give religion priority in their society. Either we split, or we bother sit and agree on new terms to co exist aside that we just deceiving ourself.

Only painful thing is ppl like me who really don't get excited abt leaving the country, now am beginning to consider
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by EraseTheDot: 11:37am On Jul 31, 2021
Uchasa:

See idiot grin grin worth $1.2 million from selling watches on the street of Athens? You must be a joker! Basketball was what brought the Antetokunpos out of Oblivion, go and read their story.
You crazy fam. Dunno where you got your stories, even if true, they were selling legit, not stealing watches.
He never begged to train them and enrol them in college. They weren't thrown out to the streets sleeping in the cold, doing drugs & all, neither was his ibo wife giving men mouth gigs to survive. He saw them through till he died.. you suffering scum.

-erase the dot

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now / Pools draws; Drop Your One Banker: One Banker Room - www.ukfootballpools.com / Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Set To Retire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.