Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 - Sports (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 (32994 Views)

Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses To The USA 72 - 81 / Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Germany 92 - 99 / Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by codemaniacs: 11:42am On Jul 31, 2021
Beancounter94:

Yes i know, and at the end of the day they were not good enough...yes they play abroad...in countries that have enough of local talent to the point that they cannot play regularly.

Which is why we have to spend more on our sports...getting the kind of talent and expertise that we need to win things.

Nope you don't know....

the point I'm trying to make is even if we have the kind of talent and expertise that we need to win things they won't be selected... because even you yourself just said "at the end of the day they were not good enough" how do you know they were not good enough if they haven't been given a chance in the team...
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Kubernetes: 11:49am On Jul 31, 2021
emecheboy2:
Fourth quarter was just annoying, how can you be leading and give up the fourth which is very important to win the game.

May be the coach lacks the technics to use in winning a game
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:49am On Jul 31, 2021
Boudiccao:
And some people are just happy that team was defeated because the boys are mainly Igbos.

It says so much about how tribalism and bigotry has destroyed Nigeria. How can people even mock this self funded team just because they are Igbos especially when your inept govt is not invested in sports development like other nations around the world.

Divide this shithole!! Igbo phobia is what is holding you all back.
Your are very stupid when you idiotic motherfuckers were insulting northerners and other tribes u bin die abi... Ipobic fools like u always see igbophobia bit don't see d crass bigotry from your boastful tribes...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 31, 2021
codemaniacs:

Nope you don't know....

the point I'm trying to make is even if we have the kind of talent and expertise that we need to win things they won't be selected... because even you yourself just said "at the end of the day they were not good enough" how do you know they were not good enough if they haven't been given a chance in the team...

That was our best ever side.

We even did better than previous olympics...where we could lose by 20 point margins. Here, we were losing by ten points.(It is still a loss, but it is better than the past.)

My point, which you are missing because like most Nigerians you people fight over which tribe gets what....is that we don't have a good basketball structure like the countries we competed against in the olympics.

If we had a good structure, we would have been able to produce consentient results, and every tribe would have been able to produce teams of good players that would have done us proud whatever the selection, man know man or man no know man.

And the whole man know man thing happens elsewhere too in other countries.

But if we want a good Olympic team....WE have to pay for a good Olympic team...in money, exposure, recruitment, etc etc. We don't have a good enough basketball team because we don't have enough great basketball players, home and abroad. it;s sad.

So, the NBBF has to do what the US did to improve its standing in soccer....make basketball more popular in this country...so that every kid is playing even in the villages...and then take it from there.

Good am.

1 Like

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Boudiccao: 11:58am On Jul 31, 2021
OGHENAOGIE:

Your are very stupid when you idiotic motherfuckers were insulting northerners and other tribes u bin die abi... Ipobic fools like u always see igbophobia bit don't see d crass bigotry from your boastful tribes...

You are not worth my time. Funny enough, your other tribes didn't get to represent Nigeria.
It is the same Igbo people you despise that are the best Nigeria can ever produce.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Uchasa(m): 12:01pm On Jul 31, 2021
EraseTheDot:

You crazy fam. Dunno where you got your stories, even if true, they were selling legit, not stealing watches.
He never begged to train them and enrol them in college. They weren't thrown out to the streets sleeping in the cold, doing drugs & all, neither was his ibo wife giving men mouth gigs to survive. He saw them through till he died.. you suffering scum.

-erase the dot

You obviously don't know the Antetokunpos story, go and read and be informed before you start lying.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Uchasa(m): 12:07pm On Jul 31, 2021
EraseTheDot:

Your thinking is low man. Everyone is represented, Yoruba, Ibo, Urhobo/isoko, Edo, Ibibios etc But ibos made the mess of everything, calling a team biafran team, that's the point. No one else gave a tribal tag to any category except ibos. If you can't comprehend the point, get lost.

-erase the dot

In the Nigerian Basketball Team, there are 2 Yorubas, 1 Edo, 1 Hausa-Fulani, and 1 Efik-Ibibio, the rest are Igbos.
In the Nigerian Badminton Team, there are solely 3 Yorubas! All are Yorubas.
In the Nigerian Table Tennis Team, there are 3 Yorubas, and 1 Efik-Ibibio.

Now, Nigeria lost in all these sports shamefully without winning a match, yet you're crying on only one? You're a bloody tribalist, you need to be severed.

Your tribalism will not allow you to celebrate Nwokocha who qualified for the next round of athletics. All you will see are the bad ones! I could as well overlook Tobi Amusan's victory this morning and castigate Aruna Quadri or Ajoke who failed woefully, but I'm not foolish. I choose to see only good things, not bad things.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Rashdimuh(m): 12:07pm On Jul 31, 2021
Uchasa:

Bro, tbh, that's you people problem! You brag a lot! Though I don't support anybody castigating Igbos due to Igbos immense contribution in Nigerian sports from Ifeajuna to Ajunwa to Papilo, etc. Why should you even be mentioning ethnicities? The Nigerian table tennis team dominated by Yorubas crashed out of this same Olympics, yet did you see anybody insult Yorubas? No! Because they didn't brag beforehand. Bragging is foolishness!
Pride is the devil like Jcole
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by codemaniacs: 12:10pm On Jul 31, 2021
Beancounter94:

That was our best ever side.

We even did better than previous olympics...where we could lose by 20 point margins. Here, we were losing by ten points.(It is still a loss, but it is better than the past.)

My point, which you are missing because like most Nigerians you people fight over which tribe gets what....is that we don't have a good basketball structure like the countries we competed against in the olympics.

If we had a good structure, we would have been able to produce consentient results, and every tribe would have been able to produce teams of good players that would have done us proud whatever the selection, man know man or man no know man.

And the whole man know man thing happens elsewhere too in other countries.

But if we want a good Olympic team....WE have to pay for a good Olympic team...in money, exposure, recruitment, etc etc. We don't have a good enough basketball team because we don't have enough great basketball players, home and abroad. it;s sad.

So, the NBBF has to do what the US did to improve its standing in soccer....make basketball more popular in this country...so that every kid is playing even in the villages...and then take it from there.

Good am.

this is our worst ever side... you don't know what you're saying...

Nigeria won a game in the last olympics.. its like you have a pre-recorded single answer to everything which is why I quoted your comment in the first place..

basketball does not have to be popular for there to be local talents in Nigeria.... it doesn't matter if there are local talents in Nigeria if the coach only picks those playing in the U.S....

As per tribe issue, this team lost because the majority of players playing full games were I:gbos... If the coach had mixed them they will have won at least one game... A lot of I:gbos have a natural behavior to become over confident and complacent which is one of the reasons they're always losing towards the 4th quarter instead of seeing the game off.

Also tribes have to be concerned about who gets what because the national team can boost the careers of the players in it..
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by EraseTheDot: 12:21pm On Jul 31, 2021
Uchasa:

In the Nigerian Basketball Team, there are 2 Yorubas, 1 Edo, 1 Hausa-Fulani, and 1 Efik-Ibibio, the rest are Igbos.
In the Nigerian Badminton Team, there are solely 3 Yorubas! All are Yorubas.
In the Nigerian Table Tennis Team, there are 3 Yorubas, and 1 Efik-Ibibio.

Now, Nigeria lost in all these sports shamefully without winning a match, yet you're crying on only one? You're a bloody tribalist, you need to be severed.

Your tribalism will not allow you to celebrate Nwokocha who qualified for the next round of athletics. All you will see are the bad ones! I could as well overlook Tobi Amusan's victory this morning and castigate Aruna Quadri or Ajoke who failed woefully, but I'm not foolish. I choose to see only good things, not bad things.
Anybody could win, IDGAF, Anybody could lose, IDGAF!. ,ibos called the Olympics team biafran team as soon as the lists was released. That's the point.
If they knew everyone/tribe had its category represented, they wouldn't be so foolish on the thread.
The thread is still right there, go check.
Stop quoting dude, you too dumb.

-erase the dot.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Uchasa(m): 12:27pm On Jul 31, 2021
EraseTheDot:

Anybody could win, IDGAF, Anybody could lose, IDGAF!. ,ibos called the Olympics team biafran team as soon as the lists was released. That's the point.
If they knew everyone/tribe had its category represented, they wouldn't be so foolish on the thread.
The thread is still right there, go check.
Stop quoting dude, you too dumb.

-erase the dot.

What Igbos called the thread is none of my business, my business is why someone so jobless like you is still quoting me!
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by EraseTheDot: 12:30pm On Jul 31, 2021
Boudiccao:

You are not worth my time. Funny enough, your other tribes didn't get to represent Nigeria.
It is the same Igbo people you despise that are the best Nigeria can ever produce.
cc: uchasa, you read this, don't you stupid.

people who could not come out of the group are the best, meanwhile, others are making it into semi finals without no boasting. Yo lowly jerks.

-erase the dot
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by EraseTheDot: 12:32pm On Jul 31, 2021
Uchasa:

What Igbos called the thread is none of my business, my business is why someone so jobless like you is still quoting me!
It's your business because you all in this madness together. fck u!

-erase the dot
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by mechanics(m): 12:34pm On Jul 31, 2021
They have not yet arrived.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Limassol(m): 12:35pm On Jul 31, 2021
Newton85:
Honestly, I have no problem with the vast majority of the team being Igbo bro. I mean, deciding to represent Nigeria despite Nigeria's incompetent sport administrators and shambolic treatment of Nigeria's athletes isn't easy. A bunch of chestbeating clowns on Nairaland won't get me to hate a Nigerian team just because its Igbo-dominated. The Igbo chaps in the team never offended me, and were only out there to do what they knew how to do best for themselves and country. But what I had a problem with is how plenty Igbos on here would be crying blue murder about "Igbo marginalization" if a Nigerian team is dominated by another ethnic group.
i am afraid you are right.

1 Like

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by herlecks(m): 12:46pm On Jul 31, 2021
Good day guys, I'm Alex. I've been trying to reach my sis through whatsapp but couldn't due to no data, I'd have called her but I have no credit either. I'm very broke, currently chatting with opera 50mb. All I need from generous soul is 20mb data or #50 credit to this number 0 9121023708. God bless you richly.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 31, 2021
bomb24:

mumu oshi, the prestige u're enjoying today in the world of sports is because of Igbos.

say we win atlantic olympics 96 na Igbos..if it that easy they should flood yorubas in either football or basketball tournament let see if the coneheads will win a trophy more or less pass the group stage.

Which prestige.

Since you claim they are all igbos then the Igbo's have won only 3 gold since nigeria started participating in the Olympic since 1954 Jamaica on the other hand has won 22 gold.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by chocboi78(m): 1:40pm On Jul 31, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
victor oladipo, bam adebayo, giannis adetokunbo
and what makes u think they deserve a spot on the team
U get their player card To know their ratings?
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by chocboi78(m): 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2021
Tonyx5:

Ogbeni stfu and stop sounding so pained. I can name about 15 of them, are you kidding me
oga shout up.. You’re the one who is pained Coz ur tribesmen couldn’t make the team.
Support team Nigeria or get lost
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by chocboi78(m): 1:43pm On Jul 31, 2021
Dextre:

What he said was unnecessary but where did he make any reference to tribe?
what is “quota system” ?
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by starlingbawa(m): 1:47pm On Jul 31, 2021
So what then was all the hype about beating highly ranked USA & Argentina in warm up games only to lose to less fancied sides in the games proper?

Perennial underachievers no doubt!!!!!!!!
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Dextre(m): 2:16pm On Jul 31, 2021
chocboi78:
what is “quota system” ?

Oh my bad, i didn’t see that

1 Like

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Femeto: 2:16pm On Jul 31, 2021
codemaniacs:

Nope you don't know....

This is the best team we can field at this time. We had over 65 players from across Europe and America in camp before it was trimmed down to 15. We haven't had a basketball league running in Nigeria for almost 2 years now.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Femeto: 2:19pm On Jul 31, 2021
chocboi78:
and what makes u think they deserve a spot on the team
U get their player card To know their ratings?
grin grin No mind am people wey dey represent another country. He even sounds like they are accountable to Nigeria. What impact has Nigeria done in their life.

1 Like

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by codemaniacs: 2:22pm On Jul 31, 2021
Femeto:
This is the best team we can field at this time. We had over 65 players from across Europe and America in camp before it was trimmed down to 15. We haven't had a basketball league running in Nigeria for almost 2 years now.

best team with bad performance is not the best team..
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by arome1234(m): 2:34pm On Jul 31, 2021
Well they should come back home,every day loosing haba na.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:51pm On Jul 31, 2021
Boudiccao:

mad man why did u reply... I guess rashidi yekini,yakubu aiyegbeni, Vincent Enyeama, Sunday bada, Aruna quadri, Ahmed musa,falilat ogunkoya, Daniel amokachi etc are Igbos bastards who thinks na Dem bin better folk's for Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Boudiccao: 2:56pm On Jul 31, 2021
OGHENAOGIE:
mad man why did u reply... I guess rashidi yekini,yakubu aiyegbeni, Vincent Enyeama, Sunday bada, Aruna quadri, Ahmed musa,falilat ogunkoya, Daniel amokachi etc are Igbos bastards who thinks na Dem bin better folk's for Nigeria

These names you are mentioning, if I mention all the Igbo footballers and athletes you will see you can't compete with Igbos and Igbos are naturally the best that is why they always get to represent Nigeria in everything. So shut the Bleep up.
Shameless fool, Igbos living rent free in your twisted head.
Come and talk when your daughter win.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 31, 2021
toseenjessey:
loosing 4th quater again why cant we hold on to 4th quater

Please who's we?
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by theTranscriber: 3:12pm On Jul 31, 2021
Boudiccao:

adegoke is a sprinter
He won his race
Itsekiri is also a runner

He got third

Fvck off with your "Igbophobia" trash

Oghenaogie stop talking with this ipob fools
Everything is Igbophobia to them undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now / Pools draws; Drop Your One Banker: One Banker Room - www.ukfootballpools.com / Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Set To Retire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.