Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,085 members, 7,953,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:53 PM

Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer (1455 Views)

Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger / Igboho Didn't Surrender Himself - THE PUNCH Replies Igboho's Lawyer / Benin Republic Has Not Released Igboho - Lawyer, Sowore Speak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by SATANICALLY: 5:28pm On Jul 28, 2021
Int’l refugee law permits Igboho to enter any country even with fake passport –Agitator’s lawyer | Punch

He (Igboho) has chosen to flee the country for the preservation of his life and international law permits him to do that whether legally or illegally, you have the right to preserve your life first.

The International Refugee Law permits Yoruba Nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo aka Sunday Igboho, to enter any country even with a “fake passport”, Olasupo Ojo, Coordinator, Legal Affairs for the agitator, has said.

Article 31 of the 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees provides thus: “The Contracting States shall not impose penalties, on account of their illegal entry or presence, on refugees who, coming directly from a territory where their life or freedom was threatened in the sense of Article 1, enter or are present in their territory without authorisation, provided they present themselves without delay to the authorities and show good cause for their illegal entry or presence.

“The Contracting States shall not apply to the movements of such refugees restrictions other than those which are necessary and such restrictions shall only be applied until their status in the country is regularised or they obtain admission into another country.

“The Contracting States shall allow such refugees a reasonable period and all the necessary facilities to obtain admission into another country.”

Speaking on Wednesday while featuring on PUNCH Online interview programme, The Roundtable, Igboho’s lawyer, however, said his client didn’t obtain a fake Beninese Passport as reported by some section of the media.

Ojo said Igboho’s life was under threat by the State Security Service, hence, the activist felt the need to run for his life.

According to the lawyer, Igboho, having fled Nigeria, photocopies of his German residential permit and his Nigerian passport were enough for him to travel under international law. “So, he didn’t obtain any fake passport,” he said.

“Anybody fleeing for his life is protected under international law and the fact that he has even applied for asylum makes him untouchable,” the lawyer stressed.

Igboho, an arrowhead of the secessionist agitation for Yoruba nation, has been in detention since July 19, 2021 when he was arrested round 8pm by Interpol at the Cadjèhoun Airport in Cotonou, Benin Republic.

The secret police in Nigeria had raided his Ibadan residence some three weeks before he was arrested in Cotonou.

The secret police had said it killed two of his associates and arrest about 12 others during the bloody raid around 1am on July 1, 2021.

Igboho was arrested in Cotonou when he tried to catch a flight to Germany after the Nigerian Government notified Interpol that he should be hunted.

Speaking on PUNCH Roundtable, Ojo said the secret police acted illegally by raiding his client’s house and by declaring him wanted without a court order.

The lawyer said, “Anybody faced with such situation is entitled to take necessary steps to protect his life. He (Igboho) has chosen to flee the country for the preservation of his life and international law permits him to do that whether legally or illegally, you have the right to preserve your life first.

“Even if you enter any country illegally, that seeming illegality is legalised by the international refugee law that anybody who is fearful of his life has the right to go out of any country anyhow and enter any country anyhow and apply for asylum.

“Even if you have a fake passport, the moment you get to that country and you apply for asylum, and you explain that ‘this is why I did this’, you have not committed any crime.

“In addition to that, this is ECOWAS (Economic Community of West African States), any citizen of West African can enter any country in the region without a visa.”

https://punchng.com/breaking-intl-refugee-law-permits-igboho-to-enter-any-country-even-with-fake-passport-agitators-lawyer/

4 Likes

Re: Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by Monogamy: 5:30pm On Jul 28, 2021
Nigeria government and Benin have reached an agreement about Igboho's repatriation...

His lawyers can continue lying to Igboho's supporters

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by PrinceOfLagos: 5:31pm On Jul 28, 2021
Honestly , I'm beginning to feel sympathy for this guy

His supporters on Nairaland got him so many enemies with their utterances

They talk as if they are superior to others but end up being disgraced.

One even boasted that Igboho cannot be touched by Buhari because the government knw the consequences and I ask which useless consequences grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:43pm On Jul 28, 2021
Monogamy:
Nigeria government and Benin have reached an agreement about Igboho's repatriation...

When will Buhari and Gumi reach an agreement on when to end banditary

Look at the extra mile Buhari is taking to capture those protecting their people against the fulani killers undecided

If he has taken such moves earlier will ESN result to carrying gun Will Igboho take up arms to protect his people

Please tell us the truth, we want to hear from you, Mr 2 faced

3 Likes

Re: Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by Monogamy: 5:45pm On Jul 28, 2021
Wiseandtrue:

When will Buhari and Gumi reach an agreement on when to end banditary

Look at the extra mile Buhari is taking to capture those protecting their people against the fulani killers undecided

If he has taken such moves earlier will ESN result to carrying gun Will Igboho take up arms to protect his people

Please tell us the truth, we want to hear from you, Mr 2 faced

When the thread is about insecurities in North, you can mention me.

This thread is about Igboho

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by Monogamy: 5:46pm On Jul 28, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

One even boasted that Igboho cannot be touched by Buhari because the government knw the consequences and I ask which useless consequences grin

Kanu's supporters are even more worse than Igboho's supporters..

Upon how they were hailing UGM abi na UGU, FG has decimated Kanu and his group all together..

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by vedaxcool(m): 5:51pm On Jul 28, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Like ipob like Igboho both fools finally understood the big difference between being a PDP thug snatching ballot boxes and money induced sedition.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by Dovegrey: 5:54pm On Jul 28, 2021
Monogamy:

The chairman of zombie association of narialand (CZAN)

Always typing trash

Sometime i wonder if you dey earn 7k daily here

2 Likes

Re: Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by 360degreess(m): 5:55pm On Jul 28, 2021
Please I am still asking this question.Why couldn't he disappear with his juju?.. Buhari has finally settled federal character principle of dealing with criminals..El zakzaky(North), Cownu (east), Igboho (west)..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by 360degreess(m): 5:56pm On Jul 28, 2021
vedaxcool:

Like ipob like Igboho both fools finally understood the big difference between being a PDP thug snatching ballot boxes and money induced sedition.
.. Correct

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by Monogamy: 5:57pm On Jul 28, 2021
Dovegrey:

The chairman of zombie association of narialand (CZAN)

Always typing trash

Sometime i wonder if you dey earn 7k daily here

What do you have to say about this thread before attacking personality?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by Asgard73: 5:58pm On Jul 28, 2021
This IGBOHO lawyers just Dey cash out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by BeardedMeat(m): 6:01pm On Jul 28, 2021
Igboho will triumph. He has some of the best brains on his side.
Re: Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by nairalandankrah: 6:02pm On Jul 28, 2021
Nairaland Bar Association, shey unah don hear am?. You never saw this coming did you? grin

Olodo! They do not even know anything about law..all they know is cow, shoot, kill, and hit head for ground in the name of prayer. Prayer wey no dey cross ceiling.
Igboho is free! All you BMC can do is cry!
Re: Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by Dovegrey: 6:02pm On Jul 28, 2021
Monogamy:

What do you have to say about this thread before attacking personality?
Nigga repent Why are you always supporting evil?
Re: Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:03pm On Jul 28, 2021
Monogamy:

Shouldn't you remove the log in your eyes first

You carry Igboho matter for head when the North is burning
Re: Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by Monogamy: 6:07pm On Jul 28, 2021
Wiseandtrue:

Shouldn't you remove the log in your eyes first

You carry Igboho matter for head when the North is burning

And why should insecurity in the north be my headache? What's the the connection?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by Monogamy: 6:09pm On Jul 28, 2021
Dovegrey:

Nigga repent
Why are you always supporting evil?

I am talking about your opinion on this thread.. We can discuss about me later.

1,2,3 set go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by Jostoman: 6:09pm On Jul 28, 2021
Monogamy:

were you there or you 've talked to BENIN REPUBLIC president where you are drinking garri and sugar in your room. You think Benin republic is like a lawless country like Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by Monogamy: 6:11pm On Jul 28, 2021
Jostoman:
were you there or you 've talked to BENIN REPUBLIC president where you are drinking garri and sugar in your room.

Go to BBC Yoruba page and stay updated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by newbornmacho(m): 6:12pm On Jul 28, 2021
Monogamy:

Hypocrisy
Re: Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:14pm On Jul 28, 2021
Monogamy:

And why should insecurity in the north be my headache? What's the the connection?
Zombies dey real shall undecided

Igboho is not the problem!!!
Re: Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by unbitchable(m): 6:18pm On Jul 28, 2021
What's d big deal. The prophet who fled from Mecca to Medina.
Re: Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by Monogamy: 6:23pm On Jul 28, 2021
Wiseandtrue:

Zombies dey real shall undecided

Igboho is not the problem!!!

Vampire, where did you see me saying. Igboho is the problem oof the north?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by Dapson73(m): 7:09pm On Jul 28, 2021
All I know is that Federal Government will be put to shame on Igboho matter.
You can bet with cash if you disagree with my submission.
Re: Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by Mayng01(m): 8:00pm On Jul 28, 2021
This gives me one hell of hibigibigibijibies
Re: Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:00pm On Jul 28, 2021
Monogamy:

Deadbeat paid agent, why you carry him matter for had like gala
Re: Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by forgiveness: 8:07pm On Jul 28, 2021
Fear the learned colleagues.

See as dem counter Benin charges. Wow! Law good ooo.
Re: Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by 360degreess(m): 10:09pm On Jul 28, 2021
Monogamy:

..See finishing

Re: Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by favor914: 10:11pm On Jul 28, 2021
Monogamy:

They must pay him his attorney fees before the fugitive is extradited back home, fear fear Secessionist.
Re: Igboho: International Refugee Law Permits Fraud - Igboho's Lawyer by favor914: 10:13pm On Jul 28, 2021
forgiveness:
Fear the learned colleagues.

See as dem counter Benin charges. Wow! Law good ooo.
Even the spirits of Gani & Rotimi Williams combined can stop Republic du Benin from repatriating that ethnic Secessionist back home to Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Benue IDP Where Women Smoke ‘To Stay Alive’ / Drugs From South West Responsible For Banditry, Insecurity – Katsina NAFDAC MD / How Tinubu Presidency Will Lead To 24 Years Of Uninterrupted Muslim Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.