Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,355 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger (21904 Views)

Chinedu Obidigwe Shares Meat Among Constituents In Anambra / Sokoto Lawmaker Dumps APC After Losing Primary / Sokoto Lawmaker: I Was Offered N13m By Tambuwal To Decamp From APC - NAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by ijustdey: 12:59pm On Aug 16, 2021
Nigeria Lawmaker In Tears After Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger Republic

A member of Sokoto State House of Assembly was moved to tears after he saw thousands of his constituents living in the Niger Republic as refugees.

The lawmaker met his constituents in a sorry state during a recent visit to an internally displaced persons' camp in the neighbouring country.

They were reportedly displaced by bandits and other insurgent activities in Nigeria.

Pictures obtained by SaharaReporters showed the lawmaker in an emotional state.

The Boko Haram insurgency has displaced nearly 2.4 million people in the Lake Chad Basin, a December 2020 report by UNHCR stated.

According to the report, Nigerian refugees totalled about 304,562 while there are about over 2.1 million internally displaced in Nigeria

Meanwhile, the UNHCR spokesperson, Babar Baloch, at a press briefing at the Palais des Nations in Geneva, said since April 2019, 25 per cent of the refugees who fled from relentless attacks by armed groups came from Sokoto, Zamfara, and Katsina states of Nigeria.

He said as a result of insecurity at the border region in Nigeria, an additional 19,000 Niger nationals have become displaced inside their own country.

The official also said the humanitarian agency is concerned about the influx of the refugees, “mainly desperate women and children, following the deteriorating security and attacks inside Nigeria’s Katsina, Sokoto and Zamfara states, also the risk of armed incursions spilling over into Niger.”

http://saharareporters.com/2021/08/16/nigerian-lawmaker-tears-after-seeing-thousands-constituents-refugee-camps-niger-republic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by Fahdiga(m): 12:59pm On Aug 16, 2021
Crocodile tears. As if he didn't know they were living there in the first place. This picture made me remember how I shed tears when I saw millions of Yorubas in Benin Republic IDP back then. I wept like a baby uncontrollably and I pray it doesn't happen again

229 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by Moferere: 1:01pm On Aug 16, 2021
Crocodile tears

Nansense undecided

38 Likes

Re: Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by IgweOfNnewi: 1:02pm On Aug 16, 2021
Ok
Re: Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by duro4chang(m): 1:03pm On Aug 16, 2021
Crocodile tear.

30 Likes

Re: Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by rejoice4eva(m): 1:04pm On Aug 16, 2021
I hope it's not what I'm thinking, 'the way they always SHED CROCODILE TEARS'

35 Likes

Re: Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by CaptainAyub: 1:05pm On Aug 16, 2021
Just look at what Nnamdi Kanu is causing grin
No forking pity to waste mehn,cancel d 2019 elections and these abokkis will still vote sheikh buhari again.
#BiafraExit!

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by CodeTemplar: 1:07pm On Aug 16, 2021
Beware of northern cry. It always leads to more oyel money for them.
Check northern education , healthcare and business environment to see if it has improved since they started collecting huge allocations. Instead those aspect of northern life are going down while they agitate for more funds with it.

42 Likes

Re: Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by AntiBeEmCe(m): 1:25pm On Aug 16, 2021
Crocodile tears.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by Racoon(m): 1:27pm On Aug 16, 2021
Crocodile tears.The only way he can truly appreciate the pain his constituent is suffering is for him to resign from representing in the state HOR as he has failed them.Then pack his kaya from there to go live with them in the IDP camp.

38 Likes

Re: Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 16, 2021
Fahdiga:
Crocodile tears. As if he didn't know they were living there in the first place. This picture made me remember how I shed tears when I saw millions of Yorubas in Benin Republic IDP. I wept like a baby uncontrollably and I pray it doesn't happen again

Fraudster. This is why many hate Igbos ala the notion 'hate begets hate'. All you people do is spread hate, enmity, division and insults against others 24/7, using all divisive and evil
means necessary, to then be complaining that all Nigerians hate you.

What do you ever do that will make anyone like you? Is it your fraudulent 24/7 antics here done for the purpose of insulting the Yorubas that you hate as the typical ethnocentric Igbo bigot that you are?

If I were you I would worry more about what is becoming of the South East rather than obsessing over how to shade Yorubas 24/7.

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by Fahdiga(m): 1:40pm On Aug 16, 2021
Grayoso:

Fraudster. This is why many hate Igbos ala the notion 'hate begets hate'. All you people do is spread hate, enmity, division and insults against others 24/7, using all divisive and evil
means necessary, to then be complaining that all Nigerians hate you.

What do you ever do that will make anyone like you? Is it your fraudulent 24/7 antics here done for the purpose of insulting the Yorubas that you hate as the typical ethnocentric Igbo bigot that you are?
Someone sympathized with your people and you called him a hater and a fraudster. I tire o

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by Bbbwings: 6:07pm On Aug 16, 2021
Fahdiga:
Crocodile tears. As if he didn't know they were living there in the first place. This picture made me remember how I shed tears when I saw millions of Yorubas in Benin Republic IDP back then. I wept like a baby uncontrollably and I pray it doesn't happen again
I tell you. Werey dey disguise. grin grin grin

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by babyfaceafrica: 6:08pm On Aug 16, 2021
Fake tears

4 Likes

Re: Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by McOluOmo: 6:08pm On Aug 16, 2021
Yeye politicians, election don dey near, we know all Una formats

Cry cry kee u dia

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

7 Likes

Re: Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 16, 2021
Nnh...
Currently running a promo, get your website designed for free, chat me up on WhatsApp or send a pm
Re: Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by Starboytwo(m): 6:08pm On Aug 16, 2021
Tears of joy abi kini?

Yahoo tears.

Yinmu

4 Likes

Re: Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by Mopolchi: 6:09pm On Aug 16, 2021
Crocodile tears

4 Likes

Re: Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by Mayng01(m): 6:09pm On Aug 16, 2021
Almajiri crying for almajiris

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by myrrtle(m): 6:09pm On Aug 16, 2021
Fulani bandits never even start. Shey una dey support dem before grin

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by EmmanuelBanks: 6:09pm On Aug 16, 2021
Fools, like say they dont know...

Abeg wetin concern me

3 Likes

Re: Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by MICHEALADEX(m): 6:09pm On Aug 16, 2021
Fahdiga:

How does the second paragraph made you feel?

Short time madding thinz

3 Likes

Re: Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:09pm On Aug 16, 2021
Fahdiga:
We all know where all liars are going to.

Anyways,
Collectii for your blatant lies.....

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by tellsblinks(m): 6:09pm On Aug 16, 2021
Oga pose small make we snap you!!

Ok hope say this style good?

E de okay, we go manage am

Oya upload that one.

Maaaaddd country!! I don't trust media again undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 16, 2021
Fahdiga:

5 Likes

Re: Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by josielewa(m): 6:10pm On Aug 16, 2021
So you can cry....una never see anything. As long you keep playing politics with security and bringing religion into it, you will cry river Niger.. When the north turns to Taliban state like Afghanistan, then you will cry blood

3 Likes

Re: Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by sinkhole: 6:10pm On Aug 16, 2021
I really can't understand the people in this country!
If you don't like your people being in this situation, then take action and stop all these playing to the gallery thing angry
So, after all these crying now, his people will now go back to their homes?

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by Sunnybay7: 6:10pm On Aug 16, 2021
Lol monkey tears, is he not in this country?

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by Ogaga87(m): 6:10pm On Aug 16, 2021
Oppression and all just taking over these guys.. If he insult the mumu today, they would remove him from his position

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by JoeEeL(m): 6:11pm On Aug 16, 2021
FAKE TEARS.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Lawmaker Cries Seeing Thousands Of Constituents In Refugee Camps In Niger by sharpwriter(m): 6:11pm On Aug 16, 2021
Ogaga87:
Was he blind before?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shangisa Landlords Responsible For Magodo Take-Over, Not Lagos Govt Or Tinubu / How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob / Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.