Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,874 members, 7,817,572 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Why I Married My Wife? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why I Married My Wife? (37938 Views)

It's My 16th Wedding Anniversary, 16 Years Since I Married My Best Friend. / I Married My Daughter, Fathered Two Kids With Her, While My Dad Married Her Mum / Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Married My Wife? by Abujaexpress: 3:37am On Jul 30, 2021
grin
BiggyB242:

Oh bobs calm down for the loading

1 Like

Re: Why I Married My Wife? by MufasaLion: 4:38am On Jul 30, 2021
Lamanii22:

Even your mom or dad? Siblings?

Don't know.
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by NoToPile: 6:04am On Jul 30, 2021
BiggyB242:

And it ends well for unfaithful women. Lol, I know someone who was a damn player. He got married to the best woman bros they fresh everyday, with 3 lovely kids and changing car every year.
Players get the best woman, is the good guy that usually fall for the wrong woman.

Is there a statistical proof to this

1 Like

Re: Why I Married My Wife? by Muzikluva(m): 6:47am On Jul 30, 2021
Klass99:
This ought to be interesting cheesy.

Phemmy, please paragraph your post nah angry. I think I have told you this before on another thread (if I am not mistaking)

I'm smiling at your narrative, what were the other reasons why you married her?
“Mistaken”

1 Like

Re: Why I Married My Wife? by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 30, 2021
Mstick:
Wow it's alright! I've read someone's marriage criteria on nairaland and he wants a woman that knows how to use grinding stone, so you marrying from a family that the brother runs as fast as Hussein bolt and she withstands blows like Mike Tyson isn't such a bad reason to marry.

Hopefully the genes come to play in your kids and in the near future Olympic runners and boxing medalists will spring forth from your loins.
Chai.. grin grin
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by Klass99(f): 8:39am On Jul 30, 2021
smiley

1 Like

Re: Why I Married My Wife? by proclinician: 8:52am On Jul 30, 2021
mariahAngel:
Wow!

Sometimes, we never really know how much we love someone (and how far we can go for them) until we’re suddenly faced with the fear of losing that person.
If I were you op, I’d totally be devoted to her.

I told someone recently that the love of a woman is a powerful and a protective shield ( for her husband especially), but when you betray that love, you’d only be destroying yourself.
That is why it never ends well for unfaithful men.
When you cheat and hurt a woman who loves and is devoted to you, you’d only be hurting yourself.

So when a woman cheats the man who loves her, we just share the grace and it's like nothing happened?
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by THMT: 8:59am On Jul 30, 2021
passionberry:

Please tell them if they will hear ,I hate men that cheat ..no matter the love you show to some men they can never be satisfied..build up your woman the way you want her be for you alone .

I want to engage you on this if you don't mind but first, are you married or have been married before abroad or in Nigeria?

Secondly, building someone depends solely on the person involved to genuinely accept to adjust and change but for how long can both the person involved stay on the path of this new life styles and also for how long will the other party trying/implementing the changes endure the mistakes from the partner especially when dealing with slow learner's.....

These are factors that can affect the sacrifices of both parties involved and trust me, it's way more easier abroad than in a complex country like Nigeria.
I've been there and done that but at the end, one Party must surely be frustrated and may regret in the nearest future.

Thirdly, I've come to realise from personal experience that it's best to let people live the way they want and do what ever makes them happy, if you can not love them for who they are then there's no point taking the relationship to a better level.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Married My Wife? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 10:47am On Jul 30, 2021
Klass99:

It helps my eyes o! grin

You needed to have seen his first un-paragraphed post to understand my plea to him. I don't know if he edited it himself or if a mod did, before bringing it to front page.

The thing dey pain eye, e dey give me headache too, for one side of my head.

I don't know why I even bother to read such posts. I think I bother, when the topic interests me. Otherwise, na to jump and pass such headache inducing posts.

Headache inducing post grin grin grin adonmaaad

1 Like

Re: Why I Married My Wife? by mariahAngel(f): 11:38am On Jul 30, 2021
proclinician:

So when a woman cheats the man who loves her, we just share the grace and it's like nothing happened?

It goes both ways, but I was inspired to write about it from that angle at that moment, and there’s nothing wrong with that.
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by mariahAngel(f): 11:42am On Jul 30, 2021
NoToPile:

Don’t even bother. Just like I didn’t. grin
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by queenitee(f): 1:10pm On Jul 30, 2021
Ishilove:

Feelings ko, fila ni. Ekuse, Dr Phil.

Me too I have the Feelings that you are the nosy type that always want to chook his big nose into his brother's marriage, that's why she called you an evil nosy parker. Nosa. Mind your business and face your lane.
This comment, I love it. I was about quoting on your behalf

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Married My Wife? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 2:57pm On Jul 30, 2021
Ishilove:
Lol. When you come to knock on my door, na my oga go open smiley

I know a thousand ways to face him
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by Ishilove: 5:53pm On Jul 30, 2021
SyrusdeHansome:

I know a thousand ways to face him
You think? He's very formidable o cheesy
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by jayriginal: 7:10pm On Jul 30, 2021
phemmylink:

She took some blows for me, shielded me and made sure those dudes know I was not a thief even though I didn't hear anything they were saying... It's a day to remember for me, and any time she does something nasty to me now, i make myself remember this day before I act or do something irrational.

Nice. I have a similar story where I was robbed at gun point. One of the thieves had raised his gun to hit me in the head and she threw herself in front of the blow.

The similarity in the story ends there cos she is married to someone else cheesy
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by jayriginal: 7:12pm On Jul 30, 2021
Hathor5:

Would you take blows for the one you love?

Why not?

I have several times and I will. In those situations it's not even something anyone needs to think about. Your protective instincts will kick in intuitively.
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by jayriginal: 7:12pm On Jul 30, 2021
Ishilove:

Hey you wink
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by Ishilove: 7:15pm On Jul 30, 2021
jayriginal:

Hey you wink
Jaaaaaay! Long time dear. Where on earth have you been? cheesy cheesy
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by jayriginal: 7:30pm On Jul 30, 2021
Ishilove:

Jaaaaaay! Long time dear. Where on earth have you been? cheesy cheesy

Hey love grin

I signed out because NL was messing up my time management. There's always the temptation to start one long argument. grin
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 9:10pm On Jul 30, 2021
Ishilove:

And that wouldn't still discourage me.
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:49am On Jul 31, 2021
cococandy:

Y’all are waiting for me tell you it’s wrong to kill people extrajudicially? undecided
so nothing?
Issokay
Unu go de alright laslas
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:48pm On Aug 04, 2021
cococandy:

Y’all are waiting for me tell you it’s wrong to kill people extrajudicially? undecided
so nothing?
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by iamL(f): 4:15pm On Aug 05, 2021
Chinny024:
Taking a blow for one another doesn't guaranty an everlasting marriage.I'm talking of love that would be able to withstand pressures in the case of adversity. Many marriage are crashing because of human factors that would have been prevented.
For instance, did you take note of her temperament?.. Is it the one you can handle?. Do you also considered her family, nuclear and extended inclusive. Are they the ones that expect much from in-laws? and what about if you didn't meet up their expectations, how can these affect the love,attention and care she gives your family including your children.

What about you/she being the flex flexing type,can flexing be subdued when children and school fees takes over the priority. How in turn do you both handle a lot of change that are abound with saying I do.
Conclusively, marriage is a Union of surprises. Time of rain,sun,and harmattan are all embedded in it. These and many more should have been in your flash card and not receiving a mere blow.
Congratulations, I wish you all the best.

Shift abeg! Pepper eye! go look for a husband.
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by iamL(f): 4:28pm On Aug 05, 2021
nijaomegacode:

Forget story. Nothing special in what she did. It's just conscience not love. I would do same for people I don't even know.

I cant and won't take beatings for anyone expect my siblings. So what she did is pure love and I salute her.
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by Chinny024(f): 5:14pm On Aug 05, 2021
iamL:

Shift abeg! Pepper eye! go look for a husband.
I am comfortably happily,buoyantly and legally married with 4 children.
In case you don't know.

1 Like

Re: Why I Married My Wife? by Magnoliaa(f): 6:39pm On Aug 05, 2021
Mstick:
Wow it's alright! I've read someone's marriage criteria on nairaland and he wants a woman that knows how to use grinding stone, so you marrying from a family that the brother runs as fast as Hussein bolt and she withstands blows like Mike Tyson isn't such a bad reason to marry.

Hopefully the genes come to play in your kids and in the near future Olympic runners and boxing medalists will spring forth from your loins.

grin grin grin
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by Magnoliaa(f): 6:45pm On Aug 05, 2021
Rozcol:
She's strong to have taken blows for you sha,if its me I'll let them beat you but I will take care of your Injuries and help you heal

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Married My Wife? by Magnoliaa(f): 6:46pm On Aug 05, 2021
NoToPile:

Source: Trust me, sis. I said it.
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by Magnoliaa(f): 7:10pm On Aug 05, 2021
Ishilove:

Something happened in my presence. My male cousins are always at loggerheads with each other because the younger one is a complete jerk with no respect for anyone. His brother is older by 5 years, but that doesn't deter Cousin Jerk from being disrespectful. Cousin Jerk vandalised his older brother's vehicle because he is a wicked person, and it took their parents intervention for the older one not to 'murderlize' Cousin Jerk for this evil act.

So one Sunday, the family went to church except for the enfant terriblé of the family who stayed behind to foment evil. The family were driving back from the service when they saw Cousin Jerk in the midst of some hooligans. He had gone to meet them to see if he could take some of them to go and beat up a clergyman who had the effrontery to report his misdeeds to his mother. However, it seemed like Cousin Jerk, in the process of trying to pay them, had started giving them orders. This did not go down well with the thugs. They started roughing up Cousin Jerk. One brought out a butcher knife and was about to strike Cousin Jerk when his older brother sprang like James Bond from the vehicle and tackled the thug to the ground. Mind you, Cousin Jerk and his brother were not on talking terms. His older brother had disowned him and vowed that even if he sees his younger brother in trouble, he will not intervene because the boy was a wicked and evil person. The damage this boy did to his brothers car was worth more than 100k and his older brother was still very bitter about it.

All na mouth. When danger came knocking, older brother instinctively fought danger to protect his blood. Instinct. That's what love does. It breaks down barriers. When older brother jumped in defence of his satanically evil sibling, his phone fell and one leg of his pam sandals flew to one corner, but he did not notice it because all his attention was focused on not allowing that butcher knife touch his brother. I'm the one who exited the vehicle to pick the phone and slippers.

That's love.

cheesy LMAOOO. This is ...?
But may I present to you The Nolia and Mango's Society E-Award for Breathtaking, Hiccoughs- and Burps-Inducing Writing? grin

And I see what you did with the ending. You narrated your cousin's defense and ended with your actions and called it 'love.' Is it what your brother did or what you did or what you both did?
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by Magnoliaa(f): 7:47pm On Aug 05, 2021
Lollittaa:

nonsense. You just liked her. Because I know I've done so much more but he chose someone else.

cry Painful. I like like this angle, because with the way it seems everyone is suddenly making "chopping beating and collecting bullets" to be a standard and given to show love ehn. Hmmmmm. A once wise said man Chinese, I won't say.

shadeyinka:

This is how some innocent dudes are roasted with car tires by the mob!
Thank God you are still alive.

Since it happened once, it can happen again. Pray especially when you have a dream about it. Ask God for grace and mercy!

What's the implication of dreaming about that??
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by shadeyinka(m): 9:30pm On Aug 05, 2021
Magnoliaa:

cry Painful. I like like this angle, because with the way it seems everyone is suddenly making "chopping beating and collecting bullets" to be a standard and given to show love ehn. Hmmmmm. A once wise said man Chinese, I won't say.

What's the implication of dreaming about that??

A dream sometimes tell us what is happening in our spiritual environment
Dreams are parables speaking about our physical realities
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by Magnoliaa(f): 9:33pm On Aug 05, 2021
shadeyinka:

A dream sometimes tell us what is happening in our spiritual environment
Dreams are parables speaking about our physical realities

Really? Shey sometimes? Because... it seems... there's this kind of dream I happen to have regularly. Always recurring. Like a particular place. Or a period/point in my life. What could that mean?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kola Edokpayi Hails Man Marrying 2 Women A Day 'To Avoid Being Chidinmanized' / How A Custom Officer Impregnated, Kidnapped And Eloped With Wife & Four Children / I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.