Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,992 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Why I Married My Wife? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why I Married My Wife? (37898 Views)

It's My 16th Wedding Anniversary, 16 Years Since I Married My Best Friend. / I Married My Daughter, Fathered Two Kids With Her, While My Dad Married Her Mum / Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Married My Wife? by Hassanmaye(m): 4:50pm On Jul 29, 2021
phemmylink:
Mine is such an unfortunate scenerio, I remember a particular night when I was courting my wife, the picture is still very much clear in my memory. I went to visit and it was getting late for me to leave, she suggested I sleep over at her dad's, I refused coz I had work to do when I get home.
While we were on our way to the bus stop to pick a cab, at the tail end of the junction we noticed some group of people shouting thief, and some dudes running after another, as a sharp Yoruba boy in Jtown were Hausa was the common language, I told her and her brother that we should let em chase whoever it is they are chasing and let's just go about our business ones they run past us.

Before I could say John Thomas, her brother took off after them, and those Hausa dudes left the main thief and took off after him, my dear the whole thing tired to a Roya rumble, my wife to be also took off after the idiot boy calling his name to stop running, my brother, I had to follow suit as a good brother in law to be, the boy was running as if some demons where pursuing him, he kept on running and we kept running after him till they lost hope because they couldn't catch up with Hussein Bolt. When they noticed they couldn't get him, they decended on me, I was the only foreigner in their angwa, it wasn't a joke, they started speaking profusely in Hausa language, I didn't understand what they were says and before I knew what's up, clubs and sticks descended on me, they said I muddled in between them that I was actually the thief and my brother in-law was my accomplice.

I received the beating of my life that day. But all through this beatings, this girl didn't leave my side, she was taking the blows for me all through before they discovered her brother in-law hiding in the poultry and due to the rukus cause by the chase her mom came to our aid and because it was night they later discovered they were residents in the area, but before that time, they have beating me wella, I can't forget this day, these amongst many reasons is why I married my wife. We later discovered that the thief was one of those boys in the area, he ran into the area to hide and his friends used me as cover up for his acts.

She took some blows for me, shielded me and made sure those dudes know I was not a thief even though I didn't hear anything they were saying... It's a day to remember for me, and any time she does something nasty to me now, i make myself remember this day before I act or do something irrational.
Wow
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 29, 2021
She is my best friend. We met in secondary school where I even had girlfriend. She helped me get into a good university. When polygamous issues scattered my house she supported me with no questions.

From the beginning I already knew she was my wife. That’s why I cannot identify with all the mad stories on this platform. I thank God for grace even as a Muslim by the Grace of God I can never practice polygamy legitimately or otherwise it truly destroys families and children.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Married My Wife? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 29, 2021
phemmylink:
Mine is such an unfortunate scenerio, I remember a particular night when I was courting my wife, the picture is still very much clear in my memory. I went to visit and it was getting late for me to leave, she suggested I sleep over at her dad's, I refused coz I had work to do when I get home.
While we were on our way to the bus stop to pick a cab, at the tail end of the junction we noticed some group of people shouting thief, and some dudes running after another, as a sharp Yoruba boy in Jtown were Hausa was the common language, I told her and her brother that we should let em chase whoever it is they are chasing and let's just go about our business ones they run past us.

Before I could say John Thomas, her brother took off after them, and those Hausa dudes left the main thief and took off after him, my dear the whole thing tired to a Roya rumble, my wife to be also took off after the idiot boy calling his name to stop running, my brother, I had to follow suit as a good brother in law to be, the boy was running as if some demons where pursuing him, he kept on running and we kept running after him till they lost hope because they couldn't catch up with Hussein Bolt. When they noticed they couldn't get him, they decended on me, I was the only foreigner in their angwa, it wasn't a joke, they started speaking profusely in Hausa language, I didn't understand what they were says and before I knew what's up, clubs and sticks descended on me, they said I muddled in between them that I was actually the thief and my brother in-law was my accomplice.

I received the beating of my life that day. But all through this beatings, this girl didn't leave my side, she was taking the blows for me all through before they discovered her brother in-law hiding in the poultry and due to the rukus cause by the chase her mom came to our aid and because it was night they later discovered they were residents in the area, but before that time, they have beating me wella, I can't forget this day, these amongst many reasons is why I married my wife. We later discovered that the thief was one of those boys in the area, he ran into the area to hide and his friends used me as cover up for his acts.

She took some blows for me, shielded me and made sure those dudes know I was not a thief even though I didn't hear anything they were saying... It's a day to remember for me, and any time she does something nasty to me now, i make myself remember this day before I act or do something irrational.
nonsense. You just liked her. Because I know I've done so much more but he chose someone else.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Married My Wife? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 29, 2021
Polydoctor1:
I actually marry her cos i pray to GOD that my wife to be should be within d same context as my work in church as a chorister,she is also a hard working lady cos she learn a very good trade from her parent and she support me financially while courting.we have married for 7years plus nw wit 3 sound boys n i av neva regret marrying her.
not choristers and ushers doing sentimental nonsense. Do you guys have singing competition every day. Mtchew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Married My Wife? by shadeyinka(m): 5:25pm On Jul 29, 2021
phemmylink:

This is how some innocent dudes are roasted with car tires by the mob!
Thank God you are still alive.

Since it happened once, it can happen again. Pray especially when you have a dream about it. Ask God for grace and mercy!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Married My Wife? by angelfallz(m): 5:34pm On Jul 29, 2021
Interesting she is Hausa?

phemmylink:

Re: Why I Married My Wife? by DanielAlhassan(m): 5:38pm On Jul 29, 2021
777Likes9Shares:
Makes no sense to me tho
do you even have sense
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by CsRockefeller(m): 5:39pm On Jul 29, 2021
Stevyne:
You still never sell this phone

Lol. I changed my mind last month.
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by Chinny024(f): 5:41pm On Jul 29, 2021
Taking a blow for one another doesn't guaranty an everlasting marriage.I'm talking of love that would be able to withstand pressures in the case of adversity. Many marriage are crashing because of human factors that would have been prevented.
For instance, did you take note of her temperament?.. Is it the one you can handle?. Do you also considered her family, nuclear and extended inclusive. Are they the ones that expect much from in-laws? and what about if you didn't meet up their expectations, how can these affect the love,attention and care she gives your family including your children.

What about you/she being the flex flexing type,can flexing be subdued when children and school fees takes over the priority. How in turn do you both handle a lot of change that are abound with saying I do.
Conclusively, marriage is a Union of surprises. Time of rain,sun,and harmattan are all embedded in it. These and many more should have been in your flash card and not receiving a mere blow.
Congratulations, I wish you all the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Married My Wife? by seyz91(m): 5:44pm On Jul 29, 2021
wink me too
777Likes9Shares:
Makes no sense to me tho
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by Abujaexpress: 5:45pm On Jul 29, 2021
I married my wife because I saw in her that she was fruitful. Within 7 years of marriage now, 4 kids and still loading. Isn't God great? grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Married My Wife? by GIdiata(m): 5:53pm On Jul 29, 2021
Rozcol:
So receiving blows on his behalf is the only thing I can do to prove my love for him abi? I'll help him shout and cry but I can't take blows,its painful.

but a man is expected to take blows for u abi?

the highlighted only came because someone quoted. It was never in your mind.

1 Like

Re: Why I Married My Wife? by sheepheart(f): 5:58pm On Jul 29, 2021
Interesting Story.
Waiting for my hubby to come and answer this question
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 29, 2021
GIdiata:

but a man is expected to take blows for u abi?

the highlighted only came because someone quoted. It was never in your mind.
If they are plenty I'll run to the police station but if they are few beating him I'll help him shout and cry for help.Yes a man can take blows because they are more powerful physically so its no big deal.No man should even expect a woman to receive blows on his behalf

1 Like

Re: Why I Married My Wife? by NerdyAboki(m): 6:01pm On Jul 29, 2021
Ishilove:

Something happened in my presence. My male cousins are always at loggerheads with each other because the younger one is a complete jerk with no respect for anyone. His brother is older by 5 years, but that doesn't deter Cousin Jerk from being disrespectful. Cousin Jerk vandalised his older brother's vehicle because he is a wicked person, and it took their parents intervention for the older one not to 'murderlize' Cousin Jerk for this evil act.

So one Sunday, the family went to church except for the enfant terriblé of the family who stayed behind to forment evil. The family were driving back from the service when they saw Cousin Jerk in the midst of some hooligans. He had gone to meet them to see if he could take some of them to go and beat up a clergyman who had the effrontery to report his misdeeds to his mother. However, it seemed like Cousin Jerk, in the process of trying to pay them, had started giving them orders. This did not go down well with the thugs. They started roughing up Cousin Jerk. One brought out a butcher knife and was about to strike Cousin Jerk when his older brother sprang like James Bond from the vehicle and tackled the thug to the ground. Mind you, Cousin Jerk and his brother were not on talking terms. His older brother had disowned him and vowed that even if he sees his younger brother in trouble, he will not intervene because the boy was a wicked and evil person. The damage this boy did to his brothers car was worth more than 100k and his older brother was still very bitter about it.

All na mouth. When danger came knocking, older brother instinctively fought danger to protect his blood. Instinct. That's what love does. It breaks down barriers. When older brother jumped in defence of his satanically evil sibling, his phone fell and one leg of his pam sandals flew to one corner, but he did not notice it because all his attention was focused on not allowing that butcher knife touch his brother. I'm the one who exited the vehicle to pick the phone and slippers.

That's love.

Stanford Professor Robert Sapolsky explains this instinct to protect blood in his [url=https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DNNnIGh9g6fA&ved=2ahUKEwig47iI4IjyAhWUTcAKHRMiCAgQxa8BegQICxAE&usg=AOvVaw3hrdPISEMTxk8ChDU56_5I]Human Behavioural Biology[/url] course. It's one of the most fun and entertaining courses I've taken and I'd recommend it to anyone interested in an evolutionary perspective into the foundations of our behaviour.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Married My Wife? by okwadatigbogal: 6:11pm On Jul 29, 2021
this is one of the reasons I will never subscribe to jungle justice. A lot of people have died like this- false accusation... What if they beat you to death or decided to set you on fire? That is how your memory would have been branded a thief for life...

2 Likes

Re: Why I Married My Wife? by prince22607(m): 6:15pm On Jul 29, 2021
You are from India in Nigeria; I guess. She has other stuff that added to it and not just blowing or beating stuff.
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by Nickymichy(m): 6:20pm On Jul 29, 2021
I surely know that a time will come that i Will need someone to manage me (i can be foolish atimes) my empire and my home(especially when am away to fend for the family). A good mother and a companion...to God be the glory, i got one

2 Likes

Re: Why I Married My Wife? by friendl: 6:22pm On Jul 29, 2021
My wife is my mentor

2 Likes

Re: Why I Married My Wife? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 29, 2021
phemmylink:

That's why anytime I hear 'Thief THIEF...and see people running one way, me I get going the other way...because for all I know they may be mad people catching cruise....
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by Yaks02(m): 6:33pm On Jul 29, 2021
phemmylink:

Which area 4 Jos b dat na
Maybe na Apata cos na dia Yoruba plenty. Apart from that, I know u had good memories of Jos. Jtown all d way
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by ford101: 6:39pm On Jul 29, 2021
Ishilove:

Something happened in my presence. My male cousins are always at loggerheads with each other because the younger one is a complete jerk with no respect for anyone. His brother is older by 5 years, but that doesn't deter Cousin Jerk from being disrespectful. Cousin Jerk vandalised his older brother's vehicle because he is a wicked person, and it took their parents intervention for the older one not to 'murderlize' Cousin Jerk for this evil act.

So one Sunday, the family went to church except for the enfant terriblé of the family who stayed behind to forment evil. The family were driving back from the service when they saw Cousin Jerk in the midst of some hooligans. He had gone to meet them to see if he could take some of them to go and beat up a clergyman who had the effrontery to report his misdeeds to his mother. However, it seemed like Cousin Jerk, in the process of trying to pay them, had started giving them orders. This did not go down well with the thugs. They started roughing up Cousin Jerk. One brought out a butcher knife and was about to strike Cousin Jerk when his older brother sprang like James Bond from the vehicle and tackled the thug to the ground. Mind you, Cousin Jerk and his brother were not on talking terms. His older brother had disowned him and vowed that even if he sees his younger brother in trouble, he will not intervene because the boy was a wicked and evil person. The damage this boy did to his brothers car was worth more than 100k and his older brother was still very bitter about it.

All na mouth. When danger came knocking, older brother instinctively fought danger to protect his blood. Instinct. That's what love does. It breaks down barriers. When older brother jumped in defence of his satanically evil sibling, his phone fell and one leg of his pam sandals flew to one corner, but he did not notice it because all his attention was focused on not allowing that butcher knife touch his brother. I'm the one who exited the vehicle to pick the phone and slippers.

That's love.
I have the Feelings that you are the bad blood between this brother's.even the way you call the younger brother evil.just like my older brothers wife will like to discribe me.only that my older brother is as weak as a woman.he can't fight and can't defend any body in a fight.women are always the problem we men have
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by Angelinastto(f): 6:49pm On Jul 29, 2021
Ishilove:

His point is she joined in receiving the beating. There is a difference between staying behind but avoiding beating, and staying behind and willingly chopping beating.
Hmmmmmmm. Hi sis smiley
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by GIdiata(m): 7:00pm On Jul 29, 2021
Rozcol:
If they are plenty I'll run to the police station but if they are few beating him I'll help him shout and cry for help. Yes a man can take blows because they are more powerful physically so its no big deal.No man should even expect a woman to receive blows on his behalf

For a woman? grin grin
interesting
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by Ishilove: 7:13pm On Jul 29, 2021
ford101:
I have the Feelings that you are the bad blood between this brother's.even the way you call the younger brother evil.just like my older brothers wife will like to discribe me.only that my older brother is as weak as a woman.he can't fight and can't defend any body in a fight.women are always the problem we men have
Feelings ko, fila ni. Ekuse, Dr Phil.

Me too I have the Feelings that you are the nosy type that always want to chook his big nose into his brother's marriage, that's why she called you an evil nosy parker. Nosa. Mind your business and face your lane.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Married My Wife? by ThothHermes: 7:15pm On Jul 29, 2021
Ishilove:

That's love.
Foment. Common errors in English.
Couldn't resist. Sorry.

1 Like

Re: Why I Married My Wife? by Ishilove: 7:16pm On Jul 29, 2021
Angelinastto:

Hmmmmmmm. Hi sis smiley
Hello smiley
Re: Why I Married My Wife? by Ishilove: 7:17pm On Jul 29, 2021
ThothHermes:
Foment. Common errors in English.
Couldn't resist. Sorry.
Thanks. I appreciate it smiley

1 Like

Re: Why I Married My Wife? by CsRockefeller(m): 7:23pm On Jul 29, 2021
Abba114:
redmi7a 30k r u a thieffffff? dat phone wey i buy 18k 2years ago

Keep at this lifestyle, in a few years time you will know what you have done to yourself. Then, it will be just you and the man in the mirror.

1 Like

Re: Why I Married My Wife? by MightyHand(m): 7:34pm On Jul 29, 2021
Karleb:
This would be the reason why I would not marry her.

The brother ran for what?

I wouldn't have joined the chase, lai lai!

You've said my mind walahi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fire Burn Survivor Whose Baby Bump pics went viral gives Birth. / I Caught Her Sex Chatting. / I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 188
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.