Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

I Think Fireboy Is 57 Years Old — Olamide - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Think Fireboy Is 57 Years Old — Olamide (1798 Views)

Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today / Fireboy’s Is Bigger Than Wande Coal’s Whole Career’ – (see Reasons) / Fireboy Is Young King & Rema Is My Favorite- Wizkid Says. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think Fireboy Is 57 Years Old — Olamide by Sheynex(m): 7:00am On Jul 29, 2021
YBNL chief Olamide, has hailed his protégé Fireboy for the kind of music he makes.

Olamide and Fireboy spoke with OkayAfrica’s Nadia Neophytou in an interview. While Fireboy spoke on the first time he met Olamide, the YBNL boss spoke on Fireboy’s sound.

Fireboy said he would always remember when he met Olamide because it was a big moment for him.

“I remember. Because that was a big moment for me. I met him for the first time in person at a hotel in Lekki. We exchanged a few words — he’s a man of few words. But I think we started recording that same day, working on the album.”

Olamide in turn, said the fast riser does not sound his age.

Olamide looks on, smiling assuredly. Since signing Fireboy to his YBNL Nation label in 2018, he’s watched the soulful young singer rise to become one of Nigeria’s most talked-about artists — from his breakout single, “Jealous,” to his debut album Laughter, Tears & Goosebumps, hit collabs with D.Smoke and Cuppy, and his sophomore release, Apollo, last year.

Even while he shares his own latest record, UY Scuti, with the world, Olamide nurtures Fireboy’s career with as much care and attention as he does his own, oscillating between his two roles of artist and label exec seamlessly. His 2020 album Carpe Diem is the most streamed album ever by an African rap artist, according to Audiomack, hitting over 140 million streams. When Olamide signed a joint venture with US-based record label and distribution company, Empire, in February last year he did so through his label, bringing Fireboy and any other artist he decides to sign along for the ride, and establishing one of the most noteworthy deals on the continent.

Below, Olamide & Fireboy DML speak to OkayAfrica about their mutual admiration for each other, what makes them get up in the morning and how they switch off.

https://exclusivebase.com.ng/i-think-fireboy-is-57-years-old-olamide/

Re: I Think Fireboy Is 57 Years Old — Olamide by chidiebube107: 7:04am On Jul 29, 2021
ok
Re: I Think Fireboy Is 57 Years Old — Olamide by bmdmix6: 7:33am On Jul 29, 2021
not 58? undecided

HELLO, ARE YOU INTO MUSIC? CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: I Think Fireboy Is 57 Years Old — Olamide by phemmyfour: 7:43am On Jul 29, 2021
Damọla don old o
Re: I Think Fireboy Is 57 Years Old — Olamide by DoggoneDogg: 8:24am On Jul 29, 2021
Olamide please help us confirm this man's age too

2 Likes

Re: I Think Fireboy Is 57 Years Old — Olamide by WallStreetfx(m): 8:37am On Jul 29, 2021
When you are have retired from weed for so long and you decided to give it a try one day, this what it will cause
Re: I Think Fireboy Is 57 Years Old — Olamide by Africana1123(m): 12:33pm On Jul 29, 2021
O

(1) (Reply)

JMK Screams After Meeting Angel's Hot Mother / Balogun & Mustafa Chike-obi; Why The Legendary Mathematician So Named His Sons / Gisele Bundchen And Tom Bradey Welcome Baby Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.