Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

WARNING ⚠ Major Security Flaws In Bolt Ride App And How To Delete Your Account - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / WARNING ⚠ Major Security Flaws In Bolt Ride App And How To Delete Your Account (381 Views)

Permanently Delete Your Name And Number From Truecaller / Google Records Everything You Say Around Your Phone. Learn How To Delete Them / "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

WARNING ⚠ Major Security Flaws In Bolt Ride App And How To Delete Your Account by Smartdepotng: 1:05pm On Jul 29, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBhMzNZEV5s

The Bolt Ride is making a lot of waves in Nigeria and uses One Time Password (OTP) to secure your account.
When one of my team members reported to me that their Bolt account could be compromised, my first thought was, how's that even possible?
My first advice was delete your saved credit cards and log out of the app.
That was done but someone was still taking rides with the account and pays with cash.

So I investigated the issue and found some major security flaws that I explained in details in the video.
Bolt's support or responses were in most occasions, very poor.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Pls How Can I Change Edge To 3g Network On Nokia E71? / Iphone12 Pro Max// 256gb //ba3 Health � / 8 Extremely Useful Iphone Features You Might Not Know About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.