Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,521 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Here Is Hushpuppi’s Last Statement Before He Was Arrested - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Here Is Hushpuppi’s Last Statement Before He Was Arrested (2752 Views)

Hushpuppi's Last Post On Instagram Before His Arrest (Picture) / If Okeke Could Go Down, Who Is Hushpuppi To Remain Afloat / Now That Mompha Is Gone, Is Hushpuppi Next? - By Alexander Ubani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Is Hushpuppi’s Last Statement Before He Was Arrested by Sundaland: 5:49pm On Jul 29, 2021
A Nigerian Instagram celebrity, Ramon Abbas, known as "Hushpuppi" has admitted his involvement in a conspiracy to defraud a Qatari businessman of more than $1m, the U.S. Justice Department has said.

Abbas, 37, also admitted to laundering money "through bank accounts around the world," including "several other cyber and business email compromise schemes that cumulatively caused more than $24 million in losses," the statement released Wednesday added.

He pleaded guilty to the charges on April 20, according to court documents which were only unsealed Wednesday.

Abbas was arrested in the United Arab Emirates in June last year after local police raided his Dubai apartment.

Nearly $41 million in cash, 13 luxury cars valued at around $6.8 million, and phone and computer evidence containing more than 100,000 fraud files and the addresses of nearly two million possible victims were found during the raid, according to Dubai Police.

“May success and prosperity not be a “once upon a time” story in your life…”, the fraudster wrote in his last Instagram post before his arrest.

Read more

https://dailypostngr.com/2021/07/nigerias-insta-star-hushpuppi-pleads-guilty-to-conspiracy-to-engage-in-money-laundering-faces-up-to-20-years-in-u-s-prison/

Re: Here Is Hushpuppi’s Last Statement Before He Was Arrested by Sundaland: 5:49pm On Jul 29, 2021
Hhmm...
Re: Here Is Hushpuppi’s Last Statement Before He Was Arrested by tito44: 5:50pm On Jul 29, 2021
Baba lifeless just like Hushbingo is a thief

2 Likes

Re: Here Is Hushpuppi’s Last Statement Before He Was Arrested by MEGA4BILLION(m): 5:51pm On Jul 29, 2021
Motivational speaker gang

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Is Hushpuppi’s Last Statement Before He Was Arrested by Sundaland: 5:52pm On Jul 29, 2021
“once upon a time” millionaire fraudster grin
Re: Here Is Hushpuppi’s Last Statement Before He Was Arrested by arthurwillia(m): 7:22pm On Jul 29, 2021
E say na success
Re: Here Is Hushpuppi’s Last Statement Before He Was Arrested by Lanretoye(m): 7:27pm On Jul 29, 2021
Him don take him lavish life style kobalize robo cop now.

1 Like

Re: Here Is Hushpuppi’s Last Statement Before He Was Arrested by Mayng01(m): 7:42pm On Jul 29, 2021
And that it has now become for him. Soothsayer hush
Re: Here Is Hushpuppi’s Last Statement Before He Was Arrested by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:44pm On Jul 29, 2021
This is now Hushstory
Re: Here Is Hushpuppi’s Last Statement Before He Was Arrested by gulfer: 8:28pm On Jul 29, 2021
Beware of motivational speakers, I started fr beer parlour angry angry angry

Re: Here Is Hushpuppi’s Last Statement Before He Was Arrested by Onyenna(m): 9:16pm On Jul 29, 2021
Hehehee.....

Once upon a time.........

Ike gwuru.....
Re: Here Is Hushpuppi’s Last Statement Before He Was Arrested by Idiotmod: 9:33pm On Jul 29, 2021
Na greediness kee am
Re: Here Is Hushpuppi’s Last Statement Before He Was Arrested by CheedyJ(m): 10:31pm On Jul 29, 2021
At least he don chop life small, some people no go even smell Benz 1990 till dem die but hushpussy don cruise rolls Royce , e don try ...

2 Likes

Re: Here Is Hushpuppi’s Last Statement Before He Was Arrested by yuping(m): 10:43pm On Jul 29, 2021
Husg
Re: Here Is Hushpuppi’s Last Statement Before He Was Arrested by TONYE001(m): 11:21pm On Jul 29, 2021
Sad.

I keep wondering how some people can come out to defend these fraudsters. Their usual excuse is that they are not responsible for the current Nigerian situation. They'd be quick to ask you about our thieving politicians.

Well, they (fraudsters) ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM! They are! Absolutely.

I personally hope that this man and all others that would be eventually caught would suffer the FULL blow of the law. Maybe a life sentence in the worst dungeon on earth.

Can you imagine the degree of pain they have caused families? Can you imagine the multitudes they must have tilted into clinical depression? How about those that may have ended up committing suicide? How about the image of our country? They make things difficult for honest Nigerians doing their honest struggles to make a living. It is now tough to access some visas. As a Nigerian, you'd be subjected to ridiculous searches at borders, airports and what have you. I recall what I went through on my way to Liberia from Sierra Leone.

Scammers are evil. They are wicked! They must all be traced and dealt with. They are part of the bigger problem.

No one should ask me about the politicians and leaders. This discussion is about internet fraudsters (thieves), let it remain so. Whenever a discussion about the politicians pops out, we'd focus on that.

If Kyari is found guilty, he should be delivered to the USA and made to face the tune of the music. By the way, that excuse he put out is about the lamest I've read in recent times. It goes to show the distance between is IQ and the position he occupies.

5 Likes

Re: Here Is Hushpuppi’s Last Statement Before He Was Arrested by puppie017: 12:55am On Jul 30, 2021
It bounced back
Re: Here Is Hushpuppi’s Last Statement Before He Was Arrested by phemmyfour: 5:40am On Jul 30, 2021
The mumu didn't invest the stolen money in the country

1 Like

Re: Here Is Hushpuppi’s Last Statement Before He Was Arrested by MufasaLion: 6:33am On Jul 30, 2021
phemmyfour:
The mumu didn't invest the stole money in the country

He really messed up

1 Like

Re: Here Is Hushpuppi’s Last Statement Before He Was Arrested by fukNaija(m): 7:01am On Jul 30, 2021
Dear hushpuppi. The street still loves you.. I no by the time you will be out- some of us niggas would have quit scam. But never mind- Our kids go give you good update so you go bounce back and live like a senior man. BTW: your crypto account go don burst to trillions by then. We miss you baba

(1) (Reply)

The Murder That Shocked Japan / Oga Why You Dey Beat Me - Zinoleesky And Mohbad Cries Out In Pain As NDLEA Break / Video Pastor Bathing His Female Church Members Naked In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.