Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Help Out : Police Confiscated My Desktop - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help Out : Police Confiscated My Desktop (393 Views)

What Happens To Confiscated Drugs / Lady Calls Out Police After Her POS Worker Was Arrested For Illegal Withdrawal / Hisbah Confiscated 308 Bottles Of Assorted Alcoholic Beverages, Suspects Flee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Out : Police Confiscated My Desktop by Wizklynd23(m): 3:18am On Jul 30, 2021
Hello everyone, my story is a long one but I will try to keep it short.
I bought a Desktop two months ago from a friend which happens a College of Education here did upgrade and brought new computers
in their labs and sold off the old ones issuing
receipt to every person that bought it
So I also came and bought the Desktop from a
friend and at the time of purchased I was nonchalant about the receipt and paid for the Desktop anyway.
Fast forward, one month ago a friend took the Desktop and traveled with it to do some work in where he resides Adamawa State, somehow I got into a messed I needed money to pay up
and I told him to sell the Desktop, only for him few days after given him the directive to call and informed me am needed in the Police Station narrating to me how my Desktop was confiscated by some men which the matter escalated rendering my Desktop to land with the security men reasons that, their have been
cases where Desktop was stolen from schools
and mine carried school logo on the wallpaper.
He narrated everything to them how he got the Desktop and my ownership but they insist
according to him I must come with a receipt to prove its not a stolen Computer.

I got devastated hearing that almost gave up on the case , because as of that time am penniless and was facing serious financial crisis that made me nearly lose my senses, I
wouldn't like to add anything to myself.

After due consideration, I have collected the receipt now, I am making plans to travel from Taraba to Adamawa to claim my Computer .

My first question is : Can the Police men easily release my Desktop for me or is there any process , could that incur me some money ?
and many more, please experience people should advised me.

Secondly: I made a suggestion I web bil the receipt to him and he present to them but he objected I must be there, so I am thinking is it possible someone should represent me ?

Meanwhile today is my birthday , wish me well cool
Re: Help Out : Police Confiscated My Desktop by chukwuibuipob: 3:40am On Jul 30, 2021
sad undecided
Re: Help Out : Police Confiscated My Desktop by zeuss: 3:54am On Jul 30, 2021
Its ok to go get it.....but it will help if you get a letter and contact number from the school you purchased it from with all docs boldly tell them you don't have cash to give and insist on collecting you property ..make them no turn turn you waste time.

1 Like

Re: Help Out : Police Confiscated My Desktop by Wizklynd23(m): 4:14am On Jul 30, 2021
zeuss:
It it's go get it.....but it will help if you get a letter and contact number from the school you purchased it from with all docs bold tell them you don't have cash to give and insist on collecting you property ..make them no turn turn you waste time.

Thank you, I will ensure that before I go

(1) (Reply)

Smuggler Reportedly Kills Custom Officer In Ogun / 10 More Abducted Bethel Baptist High School Students Regain Freedom / #mysarsstory: How SARS Killed Solomon Yellowe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.