Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,645 members, 7,861,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:37 AM

Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) (36937 Views)

Meet Mohammed Akanbi, KWASU VC: The Youngest Vice Chancellor In Nigeria / What Is The Role Of A University Chancellor? / First Female Vice Chancellor In Nigeria: Prof. Grace Alele-williams Biography (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by geemd434: 12:04pm On Jul 31, 2021
Seerade029:

Igbo dey bear Yekemi?
Lol what does it means grin
She is Itsekiri not yoruba
Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by Darevofpeace(m): 12:04pm On Jul 31, 2021
uBuNiT:
She grow up and schoolled in EAST. Never tasted ewedu, no wonder she is bright like us
How old are you?
Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by Darevofpeace(m): 12:08pm On Jul 31, 2021
geemd434:

Are you normal?
An itsekiri from Kwara State
Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by Seerade029: 12:13pm On Jul 31, 2021
geemd434:

Someone that came from Oke ero in Kwara state?? grin

Wahala dey oo grin
Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by geemd434: 12:14pm On Jul 31, 2021
Seerade029:

Someone that came from Oke ero in Kwara state?? grin

Wahala dey oo grin

You are right. I didn't see that
Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by geemd434: 12:15pm On Jul 31, 2021
Darevofpeace:

Are you normal?
An itsekiri from Kwara State

You are right
Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by mechanics(m): 12:37pm On Jul 31, 2021
Congrats to her.
Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by joedave(m): 1:13pm On Jul 31, 2021
ManirBK:
Congratulations to her, this is where brain work .Proudly Naija of Kwara accent!
wishes her the Best...
A super cop also will soon be president inside U.S prison.

Your last salvo was an uppercut!
Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by Carbonated: 1:34pm On Jul 31, 2021
Congratulations cute one, Keep soaring high..
Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by KingOdart(m): 1:39pm On Jul 31, 2021
geemd434:

It was written in her profile that she was born in kwara state and you still called her itshekiri

You are really fatuous and dorky
Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by KingOdart(m): 1:43pm On Jul 31, 2021
jahsharon:
Very brilliant lady. Bravo!

But, that's not enough reason for her to be this ugly. There are several beauty with brains, how come this one is brain without beauty?

Omo Yoruba ni mi.

I wish we can see your profile picture

I am sure a baboon would look more sensible and preferable than you
Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by Obamaofusa: 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2021
uBuNiT:
She grow up and schoolled in EAST. Never tasted ewedu, no wonder she is bright like us

fulani terrorist.
Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by Hotspotbro(m): 2:39pm On Jul 31, 2021
Don't be influenced by the "woke" libs out there.
Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by kkonyeji(m): 2:45pm On Jul 31, 2021
YoungLionken:
Congrats to the real slay queen cool..

I can only be convinced about feminism, "future is female" agitation from women like this, not some cheap slut without results..

The funny thing is, this kind of women are the most submissive women you can ever come across, no noise making and all. But you see the busy body set of ladies grin grin..

PS
Dear girls, if you must sleep with someone for support, then let it be more than the worth..

It is better to sleep around for a key position in an organization, to get an exotic car, mansion and others in like, than to spread your legs for phones, hairs, wears or worse still, for food and revenge...

I concur

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by kkonyeji(m): 2:48pm On Jul 31, 2021
Sebastine1994:
it won't last, oyibo are racist.

she was retained by the school after graduation, it's their product.

I am not impressed

...U should be ooo. Mind you the school is not in Nigeria. Can a Nigerian University do that?
C'mon VC, region, tribe & state of origin are put into consideration.
Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by IgboWarlord(m): 2:52pm On Jul 31, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Na small small nah, because right now, a Nigerian lady of yoruba descent is a senior staff in the British Royal family. No black had ever been so elevated in the Royal family . A Yoruba lady had also been a princess in the british empire before. Have you heard of Sarah Forbes Omoba Bonetta born in Yewa, Ogun State?

The young lady adopted by Queen Victoria that got married to one insanely rich Nigerian in the 19th century?
Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by Gfskw: 4:45pm On Jul 31, 2021
Good
Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by humility33(m): 4:47pm On Jul 31, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Na small small nah, because right now, a Nigerian lady of yoruba descent is a senior staff in the British Royal family. No black had ever been so elevated in the Royal family . A Yoruba lady had also been a princess in the british empire before. Have you heard of Sarah Forbes Omoba Bonetta born in Yewa, Ogun State?
The lady in Buckingham palace is itsekiri not Yoruba
Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by Obidiugwu: 5:41pm On Jul 31, 2021
Congratulations...Dm us for different type of Male/Female Fabrics as well as Curtains/Beddings at affordable prices..ZeroEightOneThreeFourThreeFiveOneSixThreeSix
Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by Joetttimua1811(m): 6:22pm On Jul 31, 2021
Congratulations to her
Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by Eriokanmi: 6:35pm On Jul 31, 2021
humility33:

The lady in Buckingham palace is itsekiri not Yoruba
Oh yes! Itsekiri is part of us. They migrated from Ondo. All their names reflect ours and of same meaning. Yoruba accent is evident in their dialect too.

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by humility33(m): 6:51pm On Jul 31, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Oh yes! Itsekiri is part of us. They migrated from Ondo. All their names reflect ours and of same meaning. Yoruba accent is evident in their dialect too.

Ohh okay never knew
You just give me something to research about
Do you have any site or online literatures that can help in this regard pls
Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by Eriokanmi: 7:23pm On Jul 31, 2021
humility33:

Ohh okay never knew
You just give me something to research about
Do you have any site or online literatures that can help in this regard pls
You can Google. Have you heard of Omagbemi( omogbemi) omatsola( omosola) Oritsebemigho( orisabamowo) ,.oritsegbemi( orisagbemi) orisa means god in yoruba same in itsekiri. If you've listened to omawumi song, you'd know better. She's speaks in itsekiri dialect which any yoruba can understand. Do you know the name of the new olu( oba) of warri? His name is Tsola( sola) Emiko. Historically, they migrated from Ondo. You could get all the materials on Google to know much more
Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by humility33(m): 7:28pm On Jul 31, 2021
Eriokanmi:
You can Google. Have you heard if Omagbemi( omogbemi) omatsola( omosola) Oritsebemigho( orisabamowo) ,.oritsegbemi( orisagbemi) orisa means god in yoruba same in itsekiri. If you've listened to omawumi song, you'd know better. She's speaks in itsekiri dialect which any yoruba can understand. Do you know the name of the new olu( oba) of warri? His name is Tsola( sola) Emiko. Historically, they migrated from Ondo. You could get all the materials in Google to know much

Awww that's revealing thanks
Will check them out
Is omawumi itsekiri?
Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by Eriokanmi: 7:52pm On Jul 31, 2021
humility33:

Awww that's revealing thanks
Will check them out
Is omawumi itsekiri?
Yes, she is
Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by humility33(m): 7:57pm On Jul 31, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Yes, she is

thats great we have yoruba speaking edos too we call them mainly Usen part of benin

Think waje is from there ever since i read she is from edo state
Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by Eriokanmi: 3:07am On Aug 01, 2021
humility33:

thats great we have yoruba speaking edos too we call them mainly Usen part of benin

Also akoko edo people are mostly yorubas. l served there in my nysc days so I know this for a fact. Ovia people too. Their oba bears a yoruba name they speak the language too. Whether edo in it's entirety is yoruba or not, by the time Nigeria breaks up( because we know this would happen in view of the goings on in the country ) , we shall know where they'd lean on. Many had come up with disputed views and history about the ancestry of edo people.

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by Stoplying: 2:53pm On Aug 01, 2021
humility33:

Eriokanmi:
Also akoko edo people are mostly yorubas. l served there in my nysc days so I know this for a fact. Ovia people too. Their oba bears a yoruba name they speak the language too. Whether edo in it's entirety is yoruba or not, by the time Nigeria breaks up( because we know this would happen in view of the goings on in the country ) , we shall know where they'd lean on. Many had come up with disputed views and history about the ancestry of edo people.

How I wish you yoruba would stop obsessing about us Edos. Look, we are not yoruba and any of us who happens to speak yoruba learnt it for his or her own convenience.
An equal number of us also speak igbo and haussa for the same reason.
Why can't you guys just leave us alone, what is it with you ?

Untill the 19th century there was no such thing as yoruba and when the term was born, it only meant people from oyo kingdom.

Awolowo and his political group among others created what you guys now call yoruba today. And us Edo are not part of it. Nor are our Itsikiri brothers. We all voted to not be part of the yoruba dominated western region.

The yoruba of today is either a former dahomian, a slave returnee or an oyo, or some other indigenous tribesman who accepted the yoruba tag. We are not yoruba, we are Edo, that is our ethnicity and it predates yours.

Needless to say, Akoko-Edo are Edo (and not yoruba) like their name suggests.

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by Eriokanmi: 5:10pm On Aug 01, 2021
Stoplying:

How I wish you yoruba would stop obsessing about us Edos. Look, we are not yoruba and any of us who happens to speak yoruba learnt it for his or her own convenience.

Untill the 19th century there was no such thing as yoruba and when the term was born, it only meant people from oyo kingdom.

Awolowo and his political group among others created what you guys now call yoruba today. And us Edo are not part of it. Nor are our Itsikiri brothers. We all voted to not be part of the yoruba dominated western region.

The yoruba of today is either a former dahomian, a slave returnee or an oyo, or some other indigenous tribesman who accepted the yoruba tag. We are not yoruba, we are Edo, that is our ethnicity and it predates yours.

I don't even have the strength to read all you've posted. I'm Edo/Yoruba and I do know better. Check my profile. We are from yoruba ancestry and anybody who tells you a different story is merely giving you a warped version. Shebi you saw all the artefacts which Germans are about returning to us, look at their heads and making, then compare them with Oduduwa's head or statue. Those artefacts are nearly 1000 years old. The slave traders saw them centuries ago and carted all of them away. Believe this or not, all akoko edos, had their roots traceable to bini and binis migrated from yorubaland. Take care

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by Stoplying: 5:27pm On Aug 01, 2021
Eriokanmi:
I don't even have the strength to read all you've posted. I'm Edo/Yoruba and I do know better. Check my profile. We are from yoruba ancestry and anybody who tells you a different story is merely giving you a warped version. Shebi you saw all the artefacts which Germans are about returning to us, look at their heads and making, then compare them with Oduduwa's head or statue. Those artefacts are nearly 1000 years old. The slave traders saw them centuries ago and carted all of them away. Believe this or not, all akoko edos, had their roots traceable to bini and binis migrated from yorubaland. Take care
Yet an other identity thief.
For your information, oduduwa is a fictional character invented by awolowo.
Once again:

Stoplying:

Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by Stoplying: 5:38pm On Aug 01, 2021
Eriokanmi:
The slave traders saw them centuries ago and carted all of them away.

Actually Benin bronze was taken by the British in 1897 after Benin and britain fought each other in a war and britain won.
You don't even know what you are talking about. I just keep wondering why every ignoramus just believes himself to be a professor in nairaland ?
Re: Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) by Stoplying: 6:05pm On Aug 01, 2021
This is how the mind of a lazy liar works:
Eriokanmi:
Also akoko edo people are mostly yorubas. l served there in my nysc days so I know this for a fact.

Eriokanmi:
I'm Edo/Yoruba and I do know better. Check my profile.

First you claimed my people Akoko-Edo were yoruba and to "prove it" you then claimed to have done your nyse in the region. Then when me, an actual Edo, came to cirrect you and your fellow yoruba dreamers, you started claiming to be Edo in order to "prove" your new claims. Also, there is no such thing as Edo/yoruba, this only shows you have probably never been to the southsouth.
You are just one of those yoruba who believe they emulate igbo land-grabbing tactics and turn the fabrication "Delta-igbo" into "Edo-yoruba".
Look, just leave us alone. We have already voted to not be with you guys. Leave our artefacts alone as well. Focus on your own people, especially the ones in illorin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

JAMB Admission Status Out... Jamb.org.ng / What Can Make You Treat Your Pen This Way? #Hilarious photo / Oluwamayo Ojumah Makes First-Class From UNILAG After 16 Years In 4 Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.