Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey( Pics, Video) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey( Pics, Video) (23936 Views)

Uncontrollable Wildfires Rage In Canada As Thousands Evacuate Cities ( Pics) / Hawaii Wildfires: At Least 89 Confirmed Dead After Deadliest US Blaze In 100yrs / Kaylen Ward Raises $60k For Victims Of Australia Wildfires In 24 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey( Pics, Video) by Gospelpreacher1: 10:57am On Jul 31, 2021
Four people have died and more than 180 injured as thousands of firefighters battled huge blazes spreading across the Mediterranean resort regions of Turkey's southern coast.

Officials also launched an investigation into suspicions that the fires that broke out Wednesday in four locations to the east of the tourist hotspot Antalya were the result of arson.

The fires first emerged across a sparsely populated region about 45 miles east of Antalya - a resort especially popular with Russian and other eastern European tourists.

But they are now creeping closer to sandy beaches dotted with hotels and resorts.

Images on social media and Turkish TV showed residents jumping out of their cars and running for their lives through smoke-filled streets lit up by orange flames.

The heavy clouds of smoke turned the sky dark orange over a beachfront hotel complex in the town of Manavgat.

At least 183 people were hospitalised.

Agriculture Minister Bekir Pakdemirli said a hotel was also being evacuated near the tourist city of Bodrum - some 300 kilometres west of Antalya - as new fires broke out across the southern coast.

The fires were raging with temperatures approaching 104F (40C) and wind gusts of 30 miles an hour.

But Antalya mayor Muhittin Bocek said he suspected foul play because the fires started in four locations at once.

'This suggests an arson attack, but we do not have clear information about that at this stage,' Bocek said.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said an investigation had already been launched.

The Russian embassy said Moscow had sent three giant firefighting aircraft to dump fire retardant on the burning forests to contain the flames.

Greece's foreign minister Nikos Dendias told his Turkish counterpart that Greece, whose ties with its neighbour are tense, was 'ready to help if needed,' the Turkish ministry said.
Azerbaijan also offered help.

More than 4,000 Turkish firefighters had been dispatched across the region to help contain the damage and search for people needing help.

They rescued 10 people on Thursday who were stranded on a boat in a lake that was surrounded by burning forest.

'All of the state's means have been mobilised,' Environment Minister Murat Kurum said. 'All our teams are in the field.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_EmKZkoDEE

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9840175/Three-people-killed-17-wildfires-rage-southern-Turkey.html

1 Like

Re: Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey( Pics, Video) by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 31, 2021
wahala everyday sha

1 Like

Re: Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey( Pics, Video) by Butterpie123: 6:57pm On Jul 31, 2021
Nawaooh

1 Like

Re: Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey( Pics, Video) by id4sho(m): 6:57pm On Jul 31, 2021
angry

1 Like

Re: Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey( Pics, Video) by FalseProphet1(m): 6:58pm On Jul 31, 2021
I see terrible wild fire raging in Nigeria, I see the wicked being roasted, I see a new Nigeria coming out of the fire, I see the glory of God overshadowing the new Nigeria.

This I have seen.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey( Pics, Video) by Odunharry(m): 6:58pm On Jul 31, 2021
People in Turkey please be safe..

5 Likes

Re: Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey( Pics, Video) by Sabadon(m): 6:58pm On Jul 31, 2021
Lasisi69 would say......end times things

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey( Pics, Video) by DropsMic(m): 6:58pm On Jul 31, 2021
The Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey is still better than the corruptleaders raging across Africa since time immemorial

11 Likes

Re: Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey( Pics, Video) by Xbee007(m): 6:58pm On Jul 31, 2021
Some people derive joy from calamitous news. I am not mentioning names but you know who.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey( Pics, Video) by Jaybnjamin(m): 6:58pm On Jul 31, 2021
Hey
Re: Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey( Pics, Video) by Nellybank(m): 6:58pm On Jul 31, 2021
Why this fire no dey visit Aso Rock angry angry angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey( Pics, Video) by FeliciaOja(f): 6:58pm On Jul 31, 2021
I think the reason Africa is not filled with natural disasters is because we are not developed.
The reason these advanced countries suffer environmental disasters is because of the side effects of advance technology dies to the atmosphere.
5G and 4G and other space missile tests that effect the atmosphere

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey( Pics, Video) by Guru1111(m): 6:58pm On Jul 31, 2021
shocked
Mysterious things keep happening there in the west that'd only make a Nigerian to go down on his knees to say -"Thank you baba God for creating and dumping me in Nigeria which is free from natural disaster like these" tongue

Just imagine am say this kind thing cor happen for Nigeria...Even fire extinguishers and fire fighters no dey reliable shocked
We go just die finish..

3 Likes

Re: Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey( Pics, Video) by Gospelpreacher1: 6:59pm On Jul 31, 2021
More

1 Like

Re: Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey( Pics, Video) by lessonotes(f): 6:59pm On Jul 31, 2021
End times, be prepared.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey( Pics, Video) by ChasinGood(m): 6:59pm On Jul 31, 2021
Where's the end time prophet? grin

1 Like

Re: Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey( Pics, Video) by Bukasint(f): 6:59pm On Jul 31, 2021
Jesus Christy

1 Like

Re: Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey( Pics, Video) by Savageman: 6:59pm On Jul 31, 2021
Issorite.. Make my client wey i dey bomb for Turkey no die ooh. Na there problem go dey b dat

I movveeeee

3 Likes

Re: Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey( Pics, Video) by Perfectbeing(m): 6:59pm On Jul 31, 2021
This is Johan's handiwork.. Police should be on the lookout of a Japanese man.
Re: Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey( Pics, Video) by arthurwillia(m): 7:00pm On Jul 31, 2021
But which kind fire be this one, what causes suchplease enlighten me

1 Like

Re: Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey( Pics, Video) by Wickedfact: 7:00pm On Jul 31, 2021
This is crazy

2 Likes

Re: Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey( Pics, Video) by sylve11: 7:00pm On Jul 31, 2021
Devastating.... sad cool

1 Like

Re: Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey( Pics, Video) by Cabble4(m): 7:00pm On Jul 31, 2021
Watch out for End time prophets storming here with prophetic fulfillment.
I couldn't just help but be sad why few fellows will see incidents such as this and went on celebration mode. Just imagine getting a call and you are told one of the people that died in this tragic incident is someone you love. Would you still jump in celebration? What you can't wish for yourself, don't wish for another. Love your neighbour as yourself.
May they be comforted. It will be well.

3 Likes

Re: Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey( Pics, Video) by Lumig: 7:00pm On Jul 31, 2021
FeliciaOja:
Bad
Go and set it on fire now. Ọmọ èṣù
Re: Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey( Pics, Video) by habiham: 7:01pm On Jul 31, 2021
Which kind fire be this again now

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coup Fails In Guinea Bissau: President Embalo Says Situation Under Control / Burundi President To Fire All Married Government Officials With Side-chicks / Cyril Ramaphosa Blames NATO For Ukraine Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.