Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Staying With Your Mother Inlaw - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Staying With Your Mother Inlaw (22815 Views)

Man Gifts Wife A Car For Staying With Him When He Had Just A Motorcycle / My Sister-In-Law Staying With Us Atimes Knows When We Are Making Love.Pls Advise / “my Sick Wife Denied Me Staying With Her. I Look After Her Business” – Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 06, 2021
Those women who don't want their mother in-law around are those planning to use their husband brain for ritual or manipulate them into dying early.

1 Like

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by shadeyinka(m): 3:33pm On Aug 06, 2021
prealjewel1993:
Good evening everyone
Please is it advisable to stay in the same company with your mother and wife
Here is the situation
I have a house , three flat , my mother stays in one of the flat
Me, i will getting married soon , some of my friends said i should go rent an apartment that i should not stay in the same company with my mother and my wife
Please i need your advice
Whether you like it or not, your mum and your wife will clash. It is better to separate them before they do. They don't easily forgive o!
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by frowland(m): 3:33pm On Aug 06, 2021
Rubbiish:

Cc frowland

Ah okay.
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Unrated900(m): 3:33pm On Aug 06, 2021
Kondomatic:
It's actually different.

Son inlaws rarely have issues with mother inlaws.

Daughter in laws rarely have issues with father in laws.

Son in laws don't have issues with father in laws but mother in laws and daughter in laws are always in the news.

There's a reason.

Mother thinks another woman is taking her son from her and wife thinks a married man should leave his mother and cling to his wife.

Who else in man's life will feel this way? Please this daughter inlaw and mother in law fight is different and will always be.

It's not for me to decide for the Op but if I have a house of 3 flats and the woman I want to marry says that I should move out of the house because of my mother who is living in one, I will leave her.

Any friend that advises me to do such will be unfriended too.

Women don't really leave their family after marriage the way they expect men to do. Most women are okay with their siblings visiting or even living with them, especially their last born.

Their mother can visit and stay for months but once the man's siblings or even mother stays for one week, she will start complaining.

SMH.

Marriage cannot make me a tenant when I am a landlord abeg.

Forget story
All
Mother in-laws
Are very trouble some
Including mine.
Everyday I no like your wife
I no like your wife
I no like your wife
My question is shey make I kill am for you niiii
So you can’t be comfortable unless
You want to marry your mother

4 Likes

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by duro4chang(m): 3:33pm On Aug 06, 2021
Go and rentyour house some where else. If you live very close to them, You will blame yourself later
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by OwenJesse27(m): 3:36pm On Aug 06, 2021
prealjewel1993:
Good evening everyone
Here is the situation
Me, i will getting married soon , some of my friends said i should go rent an apartment that i should not stay in the same company with my mother and my wife

Bro is either your mother leave or you leave if you want to have a happy ending ...woman matter Na die
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by AuroraB(f): 3:36pm On Aug 06, 2021
SonofGod231:
OP Please let's fix the "Headlines" and your English first. Before fixing the main problem here.Its really broken.
Referring to your own mum as mother-in-law.
Makes you sound like an elementary school child.its embarrassing
Till now, I can't make anything out of what he/she wrote sad
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Romanoff(f): 3:38pm On Aug 06, 2021
Baawahala:
Those women who don't want their mother in-law around are those planning to use their husband brain for ritual or manipulate them into dying early.

Any man that can be manipulated my a woman or any man who still needs his mum to in his life shouldn't get married.

There's a different place for a mother and a wife.

If you open your eye go marry any woman wey go manipulate you, then I guess it's okay for mummy to live with you and the wife so she can always be there to protect you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Lotusgoddess(f): 3:38pm On Aug 06, 2021
I don't see any use wasting money getting another place. You should marry a wife that get's along with your mom. I mean, it's not in the same flat abii, you'd be staying in different flats abii, so what's the problem here? Everyone should be able to get along and respect boundaries. It's not that difficult

1 Like

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by aku626(m): 3:40pm On Aug 06, 2021
Rent a place for your mother, if she knows what’s up she’d berthed one suggesting it sef.
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by lonelydora: 3:40pm On Aug 06, 2021
prealjewel1993:
Good evening everyone
Here is the situation

For your peace and sanity sake, go and rent another house, don't stay in that compound
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 06, 2021
Rozcol:
Go and rent a place for you and your wife alone before you pave way for seeds of discord between them.I can never agree to live with a mother in-law no matter how good she is,never.

So if his mother is old and can't help herself what would your husband do then??

Your comment is making my heart to bleed!

You can't live with someone that raised your husband

finally make God forgive me because na CONTRACT MARRIAGE I GO DO

AS A WOMAN YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO LOVE YOUR HUBAND'S FAMILY JUST LIKE YOUR BIRTH FAMILY.

HUMANITY IS FINISHED!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Romanoff(f): 3:40pm On Aug 06, 2021
Unrated900:

Forget story
All
Mother in-laws
Are very trouble some
Including mine.
Everyday I no like your wife
I no like your wife
I no like your wife
My question is shey make I kill am for you niiii
So you can’t be comfortable unless
You want to marry your mother

God will bless your honesty.

Even good mother in-laws will clash with their DILs one day and they hardly forgive.

Na so them go carry the matter tell your other husband siblings, your husband's siblings won't ask you for explanations, they'd just start putting up attitude.

If you ask most wives who have cordial relationships with their MILs, the MILs are far away. Na only phone calls and holiday visits dey join them together. Just send them money and foodstuff, check on them via phone calls and dey your lane.

Over familiarity dey bring wahala o.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 06, 2021
nniero11:

So if his mother is old and can't help herself what would your husband do then??

Your comment is making my heart to bleed!

You can't live with someone that raised your husband

finally make God forgive me because na CONTRACT MARRIAGE I GO DO

AS A WOMAN YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO LOVE YOUR HUBAND'S FAMILY JUST LIKE YOUR BIRTH FAMILY.

HUMANITY IS FINISHED!
What happen to living with any of her daughters? and where did I state that I won't love my husband's family?
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Anfieldboss: 3:47pm On Aug 06, 2021
frozen70:

If it's your house, you can stay there and rent a mini flat for your mother

If it's a family house, then prepare to get your own apartment

Only God knows why mother inlaws and daughter inlaws don't get along

If you are his mother, how will you feel if your son ejects you from a house he built for you and move you to a rented apartment (mini flat for that matter), just because he is getting married

Women should always remember that one day they will become mother in-laws to their son's wife.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by McOluOmo: 3:47pm On Aug 06, 2021
deal with it

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by ebukason3(m): 3:48pm On Aug 06, 2021
I think one need to understand their family before making decisions.

In a family that's United they prefer to stay together, though the new wife may nag for a while but Las Las she will calm down and join the unity.

If it's because he owns the property, it is still not a big deal, one man from my kindred have houses in the city but is still living in the same rented apartment since he came to the city over two decades ago.
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by SonofGod231: 3:49pm On Aug 06, 2021
AuroraB:
Till now, I can't make anything out of what he/she wrote sad
A He..Living with the mum in the same compound different apartments.Asking if his mum and wife can coexist. grin But this topic don old naw.na now ona see am?
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by frozen70(f): 3:50pm On Aug 06, 2021
Anfieldboss:

If you are his mother, how will you feel if your son ejects you from a house he built for you and move you to a rented apartment (mini flat for that matter), just because he is getting married

Women should always remember that one day they will become mother in-laws to their son's wife.

Why not ask him why he brought this to the forum
If it was something he could handle by keeping his mum, he won't bring it up
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by BROWNEMMANUEL26: 3:52pm On Aug 06, 2021
Rubbiish:

Do u mean 3 bedroom or 3 block of flats??
U want to go & rent when u have two empty flats because u want to get married?? Who are raising these kind of weak things called men? I already feel sorry for your mom
That's the type of men we have this day, so so useless to the core
How will I have space and still be talking about renting bcs I want to marry queen of the universe.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by house10studio: 3:53pm On Aug 06, 2021
SonofGod231:
OP Please let's fix the "Headlines" and your English first. Before fixing the main problem here.Its really broken.
Referring to your own mum as mother-in-law.
Makes you sound like an elementary school child.its embarrassing

ur attribute is not needed.
head back to class n teach people who need correction, ITK.

2 Likes

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by house10studio: 3:55pm On Aug 06, 2021
prealjewel1993:
Good evening everyone
Here is the situation
u have money nahh if not u won't b thinking like this.

when u n ur wife finally stay alone i give it 1 yr b4 her family member moves in

1 Like

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Skullano(m): 3:55pm On Aug 06, 2021
This mother in law and daughter in law staying together matter nah why some guys never still marry till today even when they have the funds..

Women eeeeeh, una matter tire the world oooh.

2 Likes

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 06, 2021
Peaceadebu:
As long as I can stay with my mother, I see no reason why I can't stay with my mother inlaw, the same woman that birth my husband.

WALAHI!

PEOPLE LIKE U NO DEY NIGERIA AGAIN

2 Likes

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 06, 2021
Rozcol:
What happen to living with any of her daughters? and where did I state that I won't love my husband's family?

ARE U A CHILD WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING?

YOUR COMMENT SAID IT ALL!

YOU WOULD BE A MOTHER IN-LAW TOO THEN YOUR SON WILL SHIP YOU OUT TO GO AND LIVE IN ANOTHER MAN'S HOUSE LIKE A REFUGEE

AT LEAST THERE IS ONE SENSIBLE GIRL ON THIS THREAD.

PEACE STH I PRAY SHE FINDS A SUPER GOOD MAN

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by SonofGod231: 3:59pm On Aug 06, 2021
house10studio:

ur attribute is not needed.
head back to class n teach people who need correction, ITK.
No vex ooo. Na correction Noted.
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by bukolabeauty09(f): 4:02pm On Aug 06, 2021
Kondomatic:

Women don't really leave their family after marriage the way they expect men to do. Most women are okay with their siblings visiting or even living with them, especially their last born.

Their mother can visit and stay for months but once the man's siblings or even mother stays for one week, she will start complaining.

Reasons for this is because the wife can address her siblings anyhow she wants, she can send them on errands either the mum, the younger or older siblings but you see those in laws, they see themselves as small god, you can't send them any errand, they will rather give you works to do and even complain that you are not respectful enough.

Let inlaws come and visit 3-5 days that's enough and go back to their house....As a wife you can ask your mum or siblings to go back when their trouble is much but you dear not tell your inlaws that, not even the ones you are older than.

Yorubas will say oro ni ana....inlaws are to be worshipped even more than your husband.

4 Likes

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Maobichek: 4:03pm On Aug 06, 2021
Rubbiish:

Do u mean 3 bedroom or 3 block of flats??
U want to go & rent when u have two empty flats because u want to get married?? Who are raising these kind of weak things called men? I already feel sorry for your mom

Hahahaaa! Easy na, most young ppl of these days are something else, imagine!

2 Likes

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by house10studio: 4:03pm On Aug 06, 2021
SonofGod231:

No vex ooo. Na correction Noted.
who ask u? if u not gonna give advice stay one side.

this is a childish act

1 Like

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 06, 2021
nniero11:

ARE U A CHILD WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING?

YOUR COMMENT SAID IT ALL!

YOU WOULD BE A MOTHER IN-LAW TOO THEN YOUR SON WILL SHIP YOU OUT TO GO AND LIVE IN ANOTHER MAN'S HOUSE LIKE A REFUGEE

AT LEAST THERE IS ONE SENSIBLE GIRL ON THIS THREAD.

PEACE STH I PRAY SHE FINDS A SUPER GOOD MAN
Yes I'll be a motherinlaw someday that will not go and live in his son's house with his wife and monitor their life's like a monitoring spirit,I'm a realist and I don't pretend

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 06, 2021
Rozcol:
You are a rubbish person as your Monika depicts so run along

Accept his intervention as fact, please. His words are more wisdom-laden than yours.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Anambra Woman Gives Birth To Quadruplets After 16 Years Of Marriage (Photos) / Man Declines Family’s Sanction On Wife’s Adulterous Act In Delta / How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.