Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Staying With Your Mother Inlaw - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Staying With Your Mother Inlaw (22814 Views)

Man Gifts Wife A Car For Staying With Him When He Had Just A Motorcycle / My Sister-In-Law Staying With Us Atimes Knows When We Are Making Love.Pls Advise / “my Sick Wife Denied Me Staying With Her. I Look After Her Business” – Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by prealjewel1993: 8:02pm On Jul 31, 2021
Good evening everyone
Please is it advisable to stay in the same company with your mother and wife
Here is the situation
I have a house , three flat , my mother stays in one of the flat
Me, i will getting married soon , some of my friends said i should go rent an apartment that i should not stay in the same company with my mother and my wife
Please i need your advice

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 31, 2021
Go and rent a place for you and your wife alone before you pave way for seeds of discord between them.I can never agree to live with a mother in-law no matter how good she is,never.

135 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by mariahAngel(f): 8:19pm On Jul 31, 2021
What about your dad?

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by debbydams(f): 8:45pm On Jul 31, 2021
Hummm
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by greenie77: 8:50pm On Jul 31, 2021
You mean compound? Like someone already asked, what about your father?

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Bluntguy: 9:16pm On Jul 31, 2021
Ask them to give you money to pay for the new flat because me I cannot have something and leave it to go and pay for what I already have. That to me is nonsense.

Just being Blunt!

173 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by SonofGod231: 9:29pm On Jul 31, 2021
OP Please let's fix the "Headlines" and your English first. Before fixing the main problem here.Its really broken.
Referring to your own mum as mother-in-law.
Makes you sound like an elementary school child.its embarrassing

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Moji12(f): 8:02am On Aug 01, 2021
SonofGod231:
OP Please let's fix the "Headlines" and your English first. Before fixing the main problem here.Its really broken.
Referring to your own mum as mother-in-law.
Makes you sound like an elementary school child.its embarrassing

lol cheesy I think he is asking from the female's perspective.

70 Likes

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by 777Likes9Shares: 8:20am On Aug 01, 2021
Op read your post and correct yourself
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Rubbiish(m): 8:46am On Aug 01, 2021
prealjewel1993:
Good evening everyone
Here is the situation
Me, i will getting married soon , some of my friends said i should go rent an apartment that i should not stay in the same company with my mother and my wife
Do u mean 3 bedroom or 3 block of flats??
U want to go & rent when u have two empty flats because u want to get married?? Who are raising these kind of weak things called men? I already feel sorry for your mom

88 Likes 1 Share

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Rubbiish(m): 8:48am On Aug 01, 2021
Rozcol:
Go and rent a place for you and your wife alone before you pave way for seeds of discord between them.I can never agree to live with a mother in-law no matter how good she is,never.
U want someone to leave his own house & become a tenant simply because he wants to get married? Can u afford one bag of cement?
Senseless thing!

130 Likes 1 Share

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 01, 2021
Rubbiish:

U want someone to leave his own house & become a tenant simply because he wants to get married? Can u afford one bag of cement?
Senseless thing!
Men of immense wisdom understood my statement perfectly well,if your half-life induced brain fails then its no business of mine.Rubbish ow that's even your monika

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by LadySarah: 9:04am On Aug 01, 2021
If they will be occupying different flats/apartments then its OK. It makes no sense to waste money elsewhere.

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Rubbiish(m): 9:17am On Aug 01, 2021
Rozcol:
Men of immense wisdom understood my statement perfectly well,if your half-life induced brain fails then its no business of mine.Rubbish ow that's even your monika
Go build the foundation of a single room, then come back & quote me, only then u can sound sensible! U think building a house is buying makeup kits? That u want a landlord to become a tenant just because he wants to get married? Senseless thing!

127 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 01, 2021
Rubbiish:

Go build the foundation of a single room, then come back & quote me, only then u can sound sensible! U think building a house is buying makeup kits? That u want a landlord to become a tenant just because he wants to get married? Senseless thing!
You are a rubbish person as your Monika depicts so run along

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Rubbiish(m): 9:28am On Aug 01, 2021
Rozcol:
[s]You are a rubbish person as your Monika depicts so run along[/s]
Try get small sense!

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by ImaIma1(f): 10:45am On Aug 01, 2021
Most people usually prefer to rent outside, especially those who want privacy and to be away from their mother's watchful eyes.

A family friend of mine left the building his mum built when he got married. He could easily have a flat to himself there. But he said he couldn't be with his mother all his life. Sometimes, it's not always about the wife.

110 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Rubbiish(m): 12:04pm On Aug 01, 2021
ImaIma1:
Most people usually prefer to rent outside, especially those who want privacy and to be away from their mother's watchful eyes.

A family friend of mine left the building his mum built when he got married. He could easily have a flat to himself there. But he said he couldn't be with his mother all his life. Sometimes, it's not always about the wife.
This is different from op case
Op stated he is the owner of the house, it is very different from a house built by his mom or dad.

35 Likes

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by ImaIma1(f): 12:20pm On Aug 01, 2021
Rubbiish:

This is different from op case
Op stated he is the owner of the house, it is very different from a house built by his mom or dad.

A man can make decisions as long as it is what he feels it's best for the family. Not every guy wants to be married and still be under the same roof with his parents. Abi you want him to tell his mum to leave?

He can rent out his place and decide to rent another place to stay.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by frozen70(f): 12:23pm On Aug 01, 2021
prealjewel1993:
Good evening everyone
Here is the situation

If it's your house, you can stay there and rent a mini flat for your mother

If it's a family house, then prepare to get your own apartment

Only God knows why mother inlaws and daughter inlaws don't get along

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Rubbiish(m): 12:32pm On Aug 01, 2021
ImaIma1:

A man can make decisions as long as it is what he feels it's best for the family. Not every guy wants to be married and still be under the same roof with his parents. Abi you want him to tell his mum to leave?

He can rent out his place and decide to rent another place to stay.
@ first bold Why would he tell his mum to leave??
Will someone die if his mother live with them?
Are u saying if his mum have no other place to stay & that was the only apartment available, are u saying the mother can't live with them?? The kind of hatred u ladies have for mother in law is something else!

@ second bold Only on the condition that house was built by his parents or siblings & not by him. If a man is moving out of the house he built himself not on the Condition of work due to location, just because he wants to get married, then definitely that marriage is cursed & such a woman advising her husband of such when that money could be channeled into other useful things can never improve the life of that man. The only reason a man should come up with such decision is if the house was built by his parents.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Rubbiish(m): 12:39pm On Aug 01, 2021
frozen70:

@bold How do u mean only God knows? Something u & i know, u are saying only God knows? It is obviously because of selfishness!

Using u as an example, u are suggesting he rent a mini flat for his mum because that is the same thing u would have told your husband to do! Now if that woman was your mother would u have suggested same? My friend's wife mum has been living with them ever since they got married & everything has been peaceful, but I am very sure if reversed was the case, that marriage won't be the way it is now.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by 24kmagic: 12:39pm On Aug 01, 2021
Is the OP a man or a woman?

The title of the thread shows the OP is a woman, whereas the body of shows otherwise.

If you're a man, like someone already said, I feel sorry for your mum

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by frozen70(f): 12:42pm On Aug 01, 2021
Rubbiish:

@bold How do u mean only God knows? Something u & i know, u are saying only God knows? It is obviously because of selfishness!

Using u as an example, u are suggesting he rent a mini flat for his mum because that is the same thing u would have told your husband to do! Now if that woman was your mother would u have suggested same? My friend's wife mum has been living with them ever since they got married & everything has been peaceful, but I am very sure if reversed was the case, that marriage won't be the way it is now.

He brought his matter to the forum because he feels there may be issues if they all live together
So if it was an easy do, he wouldn't have brought it here
He still have the right to keep his mum

The final decision remains with him
All you are asked to do is to advise him and not to counter my suggestion

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Rubbiish(m): 12:58pm On Aug 01, 2021
frozen70:

He brought his matter to the forum because he feels there may be issues if they all live together
So if it was an easy do, he wouldn't have brought it here
He still have the right to keep his mum

The final decision remains with him
All you are asked to do is to advise him and not to counter my suggestion
Is this the thank u I am getting for answering your question? U asked the question in quote "Only God knows why mother inlaws and daughter inlaws don't get along". I only answered your question, telling u the answer is selfishness & used u as a case study! What u ladies will never do to your mothers in your dream, u happily do it someone's mother.

At this point I honestly do think the concept of marriage is flawed & if I have my way I will end it! Now a man has struggled to build a house, a woman coming into his life is supposed to be a complement, but her coming into his life has already brought about the topic of him moving out of his own house he built with his hard earned money & all the women on this thread are suggesting he should move out, ok fine! The evil thing here is; this woman(his wife) in question, will not be contributing a dime towards this moving out caused by herself, is this man not already inviting trouble into his life?

frozen70 please can u answer the bold question below;
Is this kind of move progress or retrogression??

34 Likes

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Fountainofyouth(f): 1:09pm On Aug 01, 2021
frozen70:

Everybody on the face of the earth don't get along with each other, that is the simple fact, siblings fight, friends fight, husband and wife fight, even parents have misunderstanding with their children, even if a person is said to be the best of behavior, there is no how there won't be conflict when staying together for long, daughter and mother in law conflict is no different, so they should stay away from each other to completely avoid misunderstanding cos it is bound to happen.

It is mischief makers that keep making it seem as if mother and daughter in law relationship is a big deal when they are not different from every other human being.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by ImaIma1(f): 1:11pm On Aug 01, 2021
Rubbiish:

@ first bold Why would he tell his mum to leave??
Will someone die if his mother live with them?
Are u saying if his mum has no other place to stay & that was the only apartment available, are u saying the mother can't live with them?? The kind of hatred u ladies have for mother in law is something else!

@ second bold Only on the condition that house was built by his parents or siblings & not by him. If a man is moving out of the house he built himself not on the Condition of work due to location, just because he wants to get married, then definitely that marriage is cursed & such a woman advising her husband of such when that money could be channeled into other useful things can never improve the life of that man. The only reason a man should come up with such decision is if the house was built by his parents.

That's why it is his decision. He can decide that he doesn't want to live there. Perhaps he knows what kind of mum he has or he just wants to be on his own.

It's not about dying if he lives with his mum. It's what he's comfortable with as long as he can afford it.

Besides, people should not make decisions based on what others think or how they will react. It's his life and his money, he should do what he is ok with whether it makes sense to outsiders or not.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by mardis: 1:16pm On Aug 01, 2021
If your mum and wife are peaceful people and very tolerant, then i see no reason why you can't. When you have a loving and peaceful mother-in-law then, believe me that your marriage or marital life is settled and would be a bliss.

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by ImaIma1(f): 2:02pm On Aug 01, 2021
frozen70:

Perhaps because they are both women. Many guys always want to blame the wives, forgetting that the MIL is also a woman and an older one for that matter, and should be more mature with her dealings with her DIL.

But some mums still can't deal with the fact that another woman now has her son's attention even more than her. So also, some ladies enter a marriage with a mindset about MILs even without getting to.know them.

But the basic thing is two women competing against each other or trying to show their dominance in the guy's life.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by MufasaLion: 2:16pm On Aug 01, 2021
frozen70:

Smart response.
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Kondomatic(m): 4:23pm On Aug 01, 2021
Fountainofyouth:

Everybody in the face of the earth don't get along with each other, that is the simple fact, siblings fight, friends fight, husband and wife fight, even parents have misunderstanding with their children, even if a person is said to be the best of behavior, there is no how there won't be conflict when staying together for long, daughter and mother in law conflict is no different, so they should stay away from each other to completely avoid misunderstanding cos it is bound to happen.

It is mischief makers that keep making it seem as if mother and daughter in law relationship is a big deal when they are not different from every other human being.
It's actually different.

Son inlaws rarely have issues with mother inlaws.

Daughter in laws rarely have issues with father in laws.

Son in laws don't have issues with father in laws but mother in laws and daughter in laws are always in the news.

There's a reason.

Mother thinks another woman is taking her son from her and wife thinks a married man should leave his mother and cling to his wife.

Who else in man's life will feel this way? Please this daughter inlaw and mother in law fight is different and will always be.

It's not for me to decide for the Op but if I have a house of 3 flats and the woman I want to marry says that I should move out of the house because of my mother who is living in one, I will leave her.

Any friend that advises me to do such will be unfriended too.

Women don't really leave their family after marriage the way they expect men to do. Most women are okay with their siblings visiting or even living with them, especially their last born.

Their mother can visit and stay for months but once the man's siblings or even mother stays for one week, she will start complaining.

SMH.

Marriage cannot make me a tenant when I am a landlord abeg.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by mariahAngel(f): 4:43pm On Aug 01, 2021
prealjewel1993:
Good evening everyone
Here is the situation

Three flats and not a three bedroom flat?
You need new friends.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? / Anambra Woman Gives Birth To Quadruplets After 16 Years Of Marriage (Photos) / Man Declines Family’s Sanction On Wife’s Adulterous Act In Delta

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63