Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,304 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician (20503 Views)

Poll: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician in the past 10 years

Tuface: 30% (255 votes)
Psquare: 15% (126 votes)
Dbanj: 12% (100 votes)
M.I.: 6% (57 votes)
Femi Kuti: 2% (20 votes)
Timaya: 1% (9 votes)
Asa: 11% (93 votes)
Faze: 1% (11 votes)
Wande Coal: 0% (6 votes)
Banky W: 1% (10 votes)
Terry G: 0% (4 votes)
Rugged Man: 0% (4 votes)
Bracket: 0% (4 votes)
eLDee: 1% (14 votes)
Darey Art-Alade: 2% (19 votes)
9ice: 6% (57 votes)
Flavour N'Abania: 0% (8 votes)
Mode Nine: 1% (9 votes)
Duncan Mighty: 1% (15 votes)
Nneka: 1% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Who Is Your Best Musician For The Year 2012 / Without Any Doubt 2face Is The Best Musician In Africa. / Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by tnthommie(m): 3:13pm On May 16, 2011
Obama of course,
Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by smile4kenn(m): 3:20pm On May 16, 2011
Wow Tuface is leading, Well I guess he remains Africa's finest musician.

1 Like

Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by Meldrick(m): 3:30pm On May 16, 2011
kabukabu50:

Femi Kuti, is the only one with a Grammy Award and international recognition, next behind him is P Square in terms of raw success.
Yeahhhhh!!! mogbe ohhhhh.
Abeg when did Femi Kuti win a grammy? Was he even nominated? grin grin Abeg get ur facts right before spitting false gist. KSA has been the only NIgerian nominated.
Back to topic.

For the past ten years, I give it to 2face idibia. Tubaba all the way.

1 Like

Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by mithel(m): 3:31pm On May 16, 2011
Guy,you fall my hand o.where is Sound Sultan now.to me,he comes second after tuface.

My top 3:
Tuface
sound sultan
eldee

i have learnt lessons from this guys' songs unlike dbanj,not taking anything away from him though.
Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by Phrankve1(m): 3:33pm On May 16, 2011
who else but the humble Multi Talent, even at reproduction grin

Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by baslone: 3:35pm On May 16, 2011
Africa's FINEST all the way!!!!!! wink
Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by dammizz(m): 3:37pm On May 16, 2011
kabukabu50:

Femi Kuti, is the only one with a Grammy Award and international recognition, next behind him is P Square in terms of raw success.

Brova, there is a difference btw winning grammy and being merely nominated for it.

Only one with International recog? dont make us laff at u nau, perhaps u were insinuating he's the only one with sole international recognition 'cos most pple dont even recognise him here in Naija as a musician.

Many of the highlighted artists are good but Tuface and Asa belong to the best category IMO, Nneka is great too

1 Like

Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by dammizz(m): 3:41pm On May 16, 2011
Meldrick:

Yeahhhhh!!! mogbe ohhhhh.
Abeg when did Femi Kuti win a grammy? Was he even nominated? grin grin Abeg get your facts right before spitting false gist. KSA has been the only NIgerian nominated.
Back to topic.

For the past ten years, I give it to 2face idibia. Tubaba all the way.

Femi was nominated for grammy 2 years back in one odd category buh he didnt win anywayz, the guy is good but definitely not the best
Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by smile4kenn(m): 3:42pm On May 16, 2011
Timaya just two votes?
Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by tblacker(m): 3:44pm On May 16, 2011
Stoooory, Tu-baba all the way,wotever criteria you bring on board,the constistency is awesome,lyrical were(madt) wink

1 Like

Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by dotman2(m): 4:06pm On May 16, 2011
where is eedriz
Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 16, 2011
in no particular order Tu BABA, Asa and one other person.

1 Like

Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by Dirichi: 4:47pm On May 16, 2011
the first and the best 2face, then Asa and the only Omawumi.

1 Like

Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by SanFranc(m): 5:00pm On May 16, 2011
I have this feeling that 9ice just has to put an end to his music career.
Listening to most of his songs on radio and I am like, why is this guy still singing? Much as i appreciate his lyrics, the delivery is horrible!!
Maybe he would do better as a song writer for other gifted artists.

1 Like

Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by Okaakoko(m): 5:28pm On May 16, 2011
as for me, I go for African China, Beautiful Nubia and Asa. They are the best for now.
Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by Limaoscar: 5:48pm On May 16, 2011
jay z n p diddy

you miss road come hia ni?
Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 16, 2011
Cant see Lagbaja there, why??
Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by BABE3: 7:23pm On May 16, 2011
This thread just affirmed my notion that Nigeria is a confused country. I was gonna vote for the best, but I couldn't~ why?

The music/musicians don't  have a particular genre. They are all over the place. It's freaking confusing. Wande Coal is singing "Jehova" today tomorrow he's singing "You bad". 2 face is singing "African queen" today, tomorrow he's singing "Implication".

The only consistent genre in Nigerian music is RAP and M.I. is the best rapper.  wink
Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by blackmale(m): 7:26pm On May 16, 2011
DAGRIN, no doubt,,,,,,,
Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 16, 2011
Whoever knows Asa's standing will give her his/her Vote. That girl is so good, my American\white female friend couldn't get her songs off her head when i played it for her.
Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by donpeluchi(m): 9:45pm On May 16, 2011
Tubaba is the one. So original with his lyrics and beats and always drops an outstanding song every year

1 Like

Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by MeGaStReEt: 9:53pm On May 16, 2011
If 9ice is on the list, you should also include'

Pasuma Wonder
Obesere

and all other fuji musicians

If you are talking of the past 10years, these should be the top lists

Tuface
P'square
African China
Sound Sultan
Eedris
Faze
Ruggedman
Asa

1 Like

Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by infofta(m): 9:53pm On May 16, 2011
2 face. The guy is good and too humble. No forming. I respect him so much for that. He non send you. I wish Timaya can be like him.

1 Like

Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by seedord247(m): 12:41am On May 17, 2011
Thanks for posting the pics, 2baba all d way
Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by smile4kenn(m): 3:02am On May 17, 2011
some people actually voted for modenine?
Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by Larrey(f): 6:51am On May 17, 2011
2babaaaaaaaaaa ,sound sultan,Asa

1 Like

Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by Kaponanty(m): 7:19am On May 17, 2011
D best 3 ar 2 baba. 9ice and d banj. The best lerycs goes to both 9ice and 2baba but vocal 1 belongs to 9ice alone, he is unchallengable and undefeatable 4 that. But stage performance belongs to psquare and dbanj. As far as music industry is consine in Nigeria.
Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by Samjay009(m): 8:15am On May 17, 2011
tuface is the undisputed best. i give it to him for his consistency, lyric and delivery. dbanj, wande coal, 9ice, asa are doing great. nobody mentioned majek fashek

1 Like

Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by reenapayel: 12:48pm On May 17, 2011
One of Nigeria’s best-known musician, Sikiru Ayinde Ololalde Balogun (Barrister), is dead. The fuji musician died this morning at the St. Mary’s Hospital, London, after a protracted illness, which saw him admitted to hospitals in Nigeria, India and the United Kingdom. He was 62. He celebrated his 60th birthday in London and the United States in 2008.
Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by baslone: 1:34pm On May 17, 2011
In fact all dem artiste needed him at one point or the other to help push their careers.

Africa- Mode 9&2face
No b smal tin - Ayzee&2face
U re d one - Black tribe&2face
Chinweke - Esther&2face
Street cred - 9ice&2face
Luvin u efryday - African China&2face
Wan flow - J harzel&2face
Orun ni ile -  Bounty&2face
Who am i - Jim iyke&2face
King meets king - Beenie man, Reggie rockstone&2face
Prayer - Sound sultan&2face
Bushmeat - Sound sultan&2face
Possibility - Psquare&2face
My kind of girl - sway&2fface
Boyfriend - Fragrance&2face
Because of u- Rugged Man,M.I &2face
Love -  Tinny&2face
Forgive n forget - Eboni&2face
Carry dey go - Dare art alade&2face
Se ti gbo - Dare art alade&2face

Sip easy - Freestyle&2face
Sodi e - Baba dee&2face
Stylee - Dj jimmy jatt&2face
Heart robber - Kaha&2face
Jawonsi - Konga&2face
Glad we made it - Wyclef&2face
Proud 2 be african - Wyclef&2face
Bad sharp guy - Odogwu&2face
My kind of woman - Tetuila&2face
Super mario - Kolly b&2face
Heavy weight champion - Dr Fresh&2face
Mumu button - Nyore&2face
Baba baba - Daddy fresh&2face
Feel it-Lineo&2face
Fimile-Kas, Dbanj&2face
Yori Yori- Bracket&2face
One in a million -Solid star &2face
Nobody talks about u- M.I&2face
My kind of girl -Sway& 2face

Infact BAba sef don lose count!!! Big ups to 9ice, the only artiste 2baba didnt murder on his own track!!  grin

1 Like

Re: Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician by MrCork17: 3:33pm On May 17, 2011
they all cant even spek english!! angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

These Are The Top Latest Nigerian Songs To Vibe Through The Christmas / Got The Full Album Of 2face Idibia (grass 2 Grace)! / Nairalanders: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.