Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,029 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Why Do Pentecostal Churches Like Noise - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pentecostal Churches Like Noise (669 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Pentecostal Churches With The Best Choir/Music Department / Why Do Pentecostal Churches Lay More Emphasis ''repent'' / Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Pentecostal Churches Like Noise by Kiddo01(m): 10:25am On Aug 01, 2021
Hello fellow NL, happy New month to everyone out there.
Have you noticed the way the so called Pentecostal Churches Make noise in the neighborhood? Sometimes I begin to imagine imagine if these congregants are really in their right senses. With their louspeakers disturbing the neighborhood. What is your individual experience? Do you feel happy been disturbed with the loud speakers used by these religious organization?
Should there be a law by the government controlling the use of high sounding mega phone in churches within the neighborhood?
Share your opinion
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Churches Like Noise by greenguy: 10:27am On Aug 01, 2021
Honestly as a Christian I still believe the government needs to check this especially now that there's a fierce competition among churches for members and branches.

Before it gets out of hand, a law should be established and enforced. You hardly go three blocks in Lagos now and won't find a church or mosque. I wonder how people living close cope with the daily noise.
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Churches Like Noise by RiyadhGoddess(f): 10:30am On Aug 01, 2021
Most churches now use sound proof. Dominion city does not disturb the neighborhood. You will never hear a sound even at the entrance not until you go into the auditorium.
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Churches Like Noise by Aidejay(m): 10:30am On Aug 01, 2021
Firstly a church isn't meant to be located in a residential area.
Secondly they're not meant to be making that much noice it's not necessary.
In rwanda 2018 over 700 churches were shut down for being unsafe and noisy. In a normal country that's what happens.
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Churches Like Noise by chatinent: 10:58am On Aug 01, 2021
How else do you expect tithes, offerings, first seeds and other sums to be extorted?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Churches Like Noise by dingbang(m): 11:00am On Aug 01, 2021
chatinent:
How else do you expect tithes, offerings, first seeds and other sums to be extorted?
because sheeples are moved by loud prayers. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Churches Like Noise by gsmphoneseller: 1:39pm On Aug 01, 2021
Mosques are the worst

The senseless people use that horne speaker mounted outside the mosques to start disturbing public peace as early as 3-4am
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Churches Like Noise by Kiddo01(m): 4:55pm On Aug 01, 2021
greenguy:
Honestly as a Christian I still believe the government needs to check this especially now that there's a fierce competition among churches for members and branches.

Before it gets out of hand, a law should be established and enforced. You hardly go three blocks in Lagos now and won't find a church or mosque. I wonder how people living close cope with the daily noise.
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Churches Like Noise by Kiddo01(m): 7:37pm On Aug 01, 2021
greenguy:

It's very unfortunate that these churches now see noise making as a way of worshipping God the right way
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Churches Like Noise by Kiddo01(m): 7:39pm On Aug 01, 2021
Aidejay:
Firstly a church isn't meant to be located in a residential area.
Secondly they're not meant to be making that much noice it's not necessary.
In rwanda 2018 over 700 churches were shut down for being unsafe and noisy. In a normal country that's what happens.
Not in Port Harcourt ooo my dear, churches now rent single room inside a compound where people live and set their speakers outside the street, disturbing the neighborhood

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Churches Like Noise by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 7:45pm On Aug 01, 2021
RiyadhGoddess:
Most churches now use sound proof. Dominion city does not disturb the neighborhood. You will never hear a sound even at the entrance not until you go into the auditorium.
Which one is "most churches" sad
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Churches Like Noise by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 7:46pm On Aug 01, 2021
gsmphoneseller:
Mosques are the worst

The senseless people use that horne speaker mounted outside the mosques to start disturbing public peace as early as 3-4am
Dey deceive yourself dia
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Churches Like Noise by Ajibade123(m): 9:22am On Aug 02, 2021
by the left of my house is an Apostolic church, by the right is a mosque at the back is a cherubim church, opposite the road a CAC church
last Friday of the month sleep is cancelled
Sunday you must wake when dy wake and absorb the noise
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Churches Like Noise by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 02, 2021
gsmphoneseller:
Mosques are the worst

Lol.. you took the words right out of .y mouth.

Theirs cannot be compared to churches because the sound from churches is mostly sound-proof or balanced with quality speakers to some extent but that their megaphone is more disturbing the way it pierces through the ears and considering the hour of the day they do it.

(1) (Reply)

TB Joshua Was Killed, I Have Details Of Those Responsible – Bishop Owusu(video) / Does Anyone Know Anything About This Picture? / Prophecy: Tinubu Will Soon Die From His Illness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.