Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Uber Wan Kill Me. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Uber Wan Kill Me. (702 Views)

Urgent 2k From Family Wan Kill Me / I Need Help, Cac Registration Wan Kill Me / Taxify/uber Partners And Drivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uber Wan Kill Me. by Mist100: 7:58pm On Aug 01, 2021
UBER WAN KILL ME.

Kola writes about his uber driver experience from Ikeja,Lagos:
"I got a Toyota corolla 2010 in May with the intention of placing it on uber for extra income to supplement my Job as a medical doctor. The agreement was for Saliu to deliver 25K weekly as is the case for many drivers/owner agreement. He protested that he could only do 20k, after going back and forth I agreed and handed the keys to him on a Monday.
=============================
On wednesday he complained of some issues with the vehicle. I had my mechanic check and changed the fuel pump, tyres, linkage and a host of other things. I tested this car before purchase all was fine except for the tyres. That week no delivery was made instead I incurred expenses. The following Tuesday I gave him 10k to buy fuel, after 3 days Saliu returned the vehicle with the tank empty. He practically drove on a drop of fuel. I had my mechanic check again, the fuel pump was damaged for the 2nd time in just 3 weeks. I had to park the car until I find some one reliable or I sell the car off for peace of mind."
=================================
Uber runs a super business model that benefits all. However drivers are increasingly becoming greedy and notorious. Share your employee/employer experience here
=====
Business owners can now get accurate balance sheet and other financial reports. For your FREE Accounting/HR Solution, please visit our stand https://mailchi.mp/7a731fef56c5/kobo
Re: Uber Wan Kill Me. by Skyfornia(m): 8:00pm On Aug 01, 2021
My neighbour bought a Nigerian used Toyota Camry (big for nothing)..he gave it out to someone for Uber, in 3 months the guy delivered 300k and we were all happy, two weeks ago the engine went bad and mechanic is requesting for N400k for another engine. The car is currently parked and my neighbour is in agony...he made 300k and about to spend 400k.

No be juju be that? shocked

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber Wan Kill Me. by Mist100: 8:11pm On Aug 01, 2021
Skyfornia:
My neighbour bought a Nigerian used Toyota Camry (big for nothing)..he gave it out to someone for Uber, in 3 months the guy delivered 300k and we were all happy, two weeks ago the engine went bad and mechanic is requesting for N400k for another engine. The car is currently parked and my neighbour is in agony...he made 300k and about to spend 400k.

That your agony phrase got me cracking. I know of one that even used black condemned engine oil as power steering fluid until the steering parked.
Re: Uber Wan Kill Me. by Zico777(m): 9:10pm On Aug 01, 2021
Mist100:

That your agony phrase got me cracking. I know of one that even used black condemned engine oil as power steering fluid until the steering parked.
Na wah o shocked!
Re: Uber Wan Kill Me. by biggy4joe(m): 12:31am On Aug 02, 2021
Good day sir,my name is Joe tried sending a DM but am not sure it went through,would love to talked to u about the uber bizness sir,don't know if I can call u or maybe message u sir.
Re: Uber Wan Kill Me. by Mist100: 8:31am On Aug 02, 2021
biggy4joe:
Good day sir,my name is Joe tried sending a DM but am not sure it went through,would love to talked to u about the uber bizness sir,don't know if I can call u or maybe message u sir.

Please send a mail.

maxwellisioro@gmail.com
Re: Uber Wan Kill Me. by Burgerlomo: 8:43am On Aug 02, 2021
Skyfornia:

Lack of maintenance such as changing the oil regularly and some other stuff may contribute to the sudden break down of the vehicle.
Re: Uber Wan Kill Me. by Mist100: 10:43am On Aug 02, 2021
Burgerlomo:

Lack of maintenance such as changing the oil regularly and some other stuff may contribute to the sudden break down of the vehicle.

whose responsibility is it to maintain the vehicle?
Re: Uber Wan Kill Me. by Burgerlomo: 11:08am On Aug 02, 2021
Mist100:

It should be the person driving the vehicle but it's not a bad idea if the owner too is involved because he or she will be the one in serious agony if something is wrong with the vehicle.
Re: Uber Wan Kill Me. by Fathai(m): 11:47am On Aug 02, 2021
Mist100:
UBER WAN KILL ME.

Kola writes about his uber driver experience from Ikeja,Lagos:
"I got a Toyota corolla 2010 in May with the intention of placing it on uber for extra income to supplement my Job as a medical doctor. The agreement was for Saliu to deliver 25K weekly as is the case for many drivers/owner agreement. He protested that he could only do 20k, after going back and forth I agreed and handed the keys to him on a Monday.
=============================
On wednesday he complained of some issues with the vehicle. I had my mechanic check and changed the fuel pump, tyres, linkage and a host of other things. I tested this car before purchase all was fine except for the tyres. That week no delivery was made instead I incurred expenses. The following Tuesday I gave him 10k to buy fuel, after 3 days Saliu returned the vehicle with the tank empty. He practically drove on a drop of fuel. I had my mechanic check again, the fuel pump was damaged for the 2nd time in just 3 weeks. I had to park the car until I find some one reliable or I sell the car off for peace of mind."
=================================
Uber runs a super business model that benefits all. However drivers are increasingly becoming greedy and notorious. Share your employee/employer experience here
=====
Business owners can now get accurate balance sheet and other financial reports. For your FREE Accounting/HR Solution, please visit our stand https://mailchi.mp/7a731fef56c5/kobo
big lies every where
Re: Uber Wan Kill Me. by Legithustle: 2:57pm On Aug 02, 2021
angry
Re: Uber Wan Kill Me. by mrsage(m): 3:13pm On Aug 02, 2021
Mist100:

Subject to the type of arrangement in place

(1) (Reply)

Distressed Sale!! 5bedroom Lekki Phase 2 call Eunice Ekaette +2348029562694 / What Business Can I Start With 1million Naira? / How To Get Mtn 5GB Data4me Data Bundle.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.