Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,107 members, 7,818,306 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

5 Scientific Discoveries Made After The Inventors Saw It In A Dream - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Scientific Discoveries Made After The Inventors Saw It In A Dream (234 Views)

I Never Knew That Lion's Also Eat Grass Till I Saw It With My Eyes. See Why / Top 5 Scientific Discoveries Ever / Top 5 Scientific Discoveries Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Scientific Discoveries Made After The Inventors Saw It In A Dream by Uptownerd: 11:46am On Aug 02, 2021

What is really the difference between a dream and a thought? I mean, when you look at it, they both exist in the same abstract realm although access depends on the frame of mind.

Anyway, that’s by the way. Here, we present to you some popular inventions that were conceived in a dream but has materialised in the real world and is helping mankind.

https://uptownerd.com/2021/08/02/5-scientific-discoveries-made-after-the-inventors-saw-it-in-a-dream/

Re: 5 Scientific Discoveries Made After The Inventors Saw It In A Dream by Uptownerd: 11:49am On Aug 02, 2021

1. Dmitri Mendeleev

Invention: Periodic Table

Dmitri's quest to organize the 65 known elements into a standard table remained elusive for years. But, he is said to have earlier realized that it's organisation has something to do with atomic weights of the elements.

His obsession with solving the puzzle probably fused it's manifestations deep into his neurotransmitters and made him dream about it. He is quoted as saying -

Re: 5 Scientific Discoveries Made After The Inventors Saw It In A Dream by Uptownerd: 11:50am On Aug 02, 2021

2. Niels Bohr

Invention/Discovery: Atomic Model

According to a paper titled “Pillow-Talk: Seamless Interface for Dream Priming Recalling and Playback,” written by Edwina Portocarrero at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Niels Bohr was quoted as saying that he
got the idea to develop the atomic model in a dream.

In the dream, he "developed the model of the atom based on a dream of sitting on the sun with all the planets hissing around on tiny cords.”

Re: 5 Scientific Discoveries Made After The Inventors Saw It In A Dream by Uptownerd: 11:56am On Aug 25, 2021
Have you checked this out yet?
Re: 5 Scientific Discoveries Made After The Inventors Saw It In A Dream by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 25, 2021
shocked
This is interesting

(1) (Reply)

How Do We Apply For Hall 3 In UNIBEN / Pls Someone Should Help Me Solve This Question Will Be Happy / University Of Calabar Students Accused SUG Of Betrayal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.