Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,458 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:23 AM

Need Explanation On This Result - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Need Explanation On This Result (235 Views)

5k For Anybody That Can Correctly Interpret This Result For Me / Please Drs In The House, Interpret This Result For Me / Doctors In The House Pls What Does This Result Means (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Explanation On This Result by BeastP: 12:21pm On Aug 02, 2021
Good day fam
please i need interpretation on this sperm analysis test
the test was taken 48 hours after abstinence from sex
Re: Need Explanation On This Result by Healthyway15: 6:10pm On Aug 02, 2021
The Sperm Volume is to primarily estimate the total number of sperm cells ejaculated.
For a normal result, the volume of semen should be greater than 2 mLs.

The pH level is to determine the acidity of the semen. For a normal result, the pH level should be between 7.2 and 7.8. When it's above 8.0, it could indicate the presence of an infection. When it's below 7.0 could indicate that the man’s ducts are blocked or maybe the specimen is contaminated.

Viscosity is to measure of how thick or watery the sample is. Highly viscous semen may hinder sperm motility and make it more difficult for sperm cells to reach an egg. For a normal result, the viscosity should be normal, not Low or High.

Regarding the Comment : Occasionally Progressive Motile Spermatozoa Seen,
Progressive Sperm motility determines how efficiently the sperm cells are swimming forward and traveling in a straight line to reach and fertilize an egg. Occasionally progressive sperm Motile indicates poor sperm motility.

You should see your doctor for better explanation.
I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Need Explanation On This Result by Healthyway15: 6:10pm On Aug 02, 2021
BeastP:
Good day fam
please i need interpretation on this sperm analysis test
the test was taken 48 hours after abstinence from sex

The Sperm Volume is to primarily estimate the total number of sperm cells ejaculated.

The pH level is to determine the acidity of the semen. For a normal result, the pH level should be between 7.2 and 7.8. When it's above 8.0, it could indicate the presence of an infection. When it's below 7.0 could indicate that the man’s ducts are blocked or maybe the specimen is contaminated.

Viscosity is to measure of how thick or watery the sample is. Highly viscous semen may hinder sperm motility and make it more difficult for sperm cells to reach an egg. For a normal result, the viscosity should be normal, not Low or High.

Progressive Sperm motility determines how efficiently the sperm cells are swimming forward and traveling in a straight line to reach and fertilize an egg. Occasionally progressive sperm Motile indicates poor sperm motility.

I hope this helps.
Re: Need Explanation On This Result by BeastP: 8:04pm On Aug 02, 2021
Healthyway15:

Viscosity is to measure of how thick or watery the sample is. Highly viscous semen may hinder sperm motility and make it more difficult for sperm cells to reach an egg. For a normal result, the viscosity should be normal, not Low or High.

Progressive Sperm motility determines how efficiently the sperm cells are swimming forward and traveling in a straight line to reach and fertilize an egg. Occasionally progressive sperm Motile indicates poor sperm motility.

I hope this helps.

thanks a lot
they are currently on strike
does this result shows impotency since the sperm count is low?
Re: Need Explanation On This Result by Healthyway15: 7:59am On Aug 03, 2021
BeastP:

thanks a lot
they are currently on strike
does this result shows impotency since the sperm count is low?

It's good to meet your doctor for better clarification.

(1) (Reply)

How Often Should You Use A Singing Bowl / Over 164,173 Birds Killed As Avian Influenza Hits Delta / Remedy For Low Sperm Count And Weak Erection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.