Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

How Fraduster Scam Me Because I Did Not Understand Land Titles(part 4) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Fraduster Scam Me Because I Did Not Understand Land Titles(part 4) (142 Views)

How Fraduster Scam Me Because I Did Not Understand Land Titles(part 3) / How Fraduster Scammed Me Because I Did Not Understand Land Titles (part 2) / How Fraduster Scam Me Because I Did Not Understand Land Titles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Fraduster Scam Me Because I Did Not Understand Land Titles(part 4) by Ibrahimakeem95(m): 1:21pm On Aug 02, 2021
✅ *CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY*
A certificate of occupancy, also know as the C of O is a document issued by state governments in Nigeria to landowners and property buyers as a legitimate proof of Ownership.This document explained what the land can be used for, may be residential, Commercial or mixed development.

The government is constructionally mandated to issue the Certificate of Occupancy because all lands in the state are vested in the Governor of the state. This is clearly spelt out in the Land Use Act of 1978

✅ *Benefits of Certificate of Occupancy*
�It makes the person named on the document the exclusive owner of the land.
�It Prevents a situation where a single Property is claimed by multiple owners
�It is an acceptable as a security or collateral for loans from banks and other financial institutions.
�It is widely used to resolve land disputes that arise from ownership tussle.
�It is a very crucial document during mortgage transactions.

*What is Governor's Consent:*
A Governor's Consent can only be processed on a land with either Gazette or an Existing certificate of Occupancy ( C of O), if a person has a land with certificate of Occupancy decides to sell his land,the only Documents that can give the new buyer or every other subsequent buyer's the right of occupancy or ownership is *Governor's Consent*

To be continued with freehold Tomorrow, for more information or free consultation on your Real estate investment Contact Oluwanisola Consult on 09035487771 or chat with us on 08137813780 or message us @ oluwanisolaconsult02@gmail.com.

(1) (Reply)

4 Bedroom Semi Detached House For Rent / 4bedrooms Semi-detached Duplex House With BQ For Sale In Chevron Lekki Lagos / A Storey Building Of 2unit Of 2bedroom Flat Down With 2unit Of 3bedroom Up And W

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.