Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:37 AM

How Much Can $2 Afford You In The USA? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Much Can $2 Afford You In The USA? (1306 Views)

Should I Still Travel To The USA? / Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer / Morocco Gets Africa’s First Fastest Train Worth $2.5 Billion (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Can $2 Afford You In The USA? by love2017(m): 8:43am On Aug 03, 2021
With $2, Can you be able to buy food for your breakfast? People planning to travel to the state should bear this in mind so that they will be able to know how they are going to hustle tight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Can $2 Afford You In The USA? by NOGRUDGES(m): 9:14am On Aug 03, 2021
So you are earning unskilled pay of minimum $8 per hour vs NGN 2500 full day which comes to NGN 2500/8hr, roughly NGN 312 per hour.

What can buy $8 in US vs
Ans. ? A standard meal at McDonalds or burger king. Na chop tight be DAT even if you don't kpoli

What can NGN 312 in Nigeria
Ans. Doughnut and water for Genesis, I no sure say e reach self.
Re: How Much Can $2 Afford You In The USA? by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 03, 2021
love2017:
With $2, Can you be able to buy food for your breakfast? People planning to travel to the state should bear this in mind so that they will be able to know how they are going to hustle tight.
minumum wage in a state like Texas is 7.50 usd per hour, so what is your point
Re: How Much Can $2 Afford You In The USA? by JohnBullMySon: 9:54am On Aug 03, 2021
Lagbaja88:
minumum wage in a state like Texas is 7.50 usd per hour, so what is your point
Lol. minimum wage will not matter when you're working illegally. Maybe that's the angle OP is coming from grin
Re: How Much Can $2 Afford You In The USA? by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 03, 2021
love2017:
lol wetin u smoke this morning bros? No unskilled job in the US will pay you 2$per hour. Now I know many unskilled jobs in nigeria that pays less than 1k a whole day. So have I explained your Ignorance ?
Re: How Much Can $2 Afford You In The USA? by Limassol(m): 3:28pm On Aug 03, 2021
It can get you 2 litres of milk, that cost around 2500 in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How Much Can $2 Afford You In The USA? by BlackSan: 5:15pm On Aug 03, 2021
love2017:

So these days anyone can wake up, type nonsense and have it pushed to front page? Seriously?

What kind of dumb question is this? Only illegal immigrants would bother with this irrelevant question because you can't get a job as an illegal immigrants so survival in USA will be tough unless the person indulge in illegal means to make money. No job will ever pay you $2 so get your fact right.
Re: How Much Can $2 Afford You In The USA? by Limassol(m): 9:05pm On Aug 03, 2021
BlackSan:

So these days anyone can wake up, type nonsense and have it pushed to front page? Seriously?

What kind of dumb question is this? Only illegal immigrants would bother with this irrelevant question because you can't get a job as an illegal immigrants so survival in USA will be tough unless the person indulge in illegal means to make money. No job will ever pay you $2 so get your fact right.
sometimes it makes me to wonder if some of this people live under a rock. Imagine the ridiculousness of the question!
Re: How Much Can $2 Afford You In The USA? by Karleb(m): 10:07pm On Aug 03, 2021
love2017:

US minimum wage is $7.25 per hour and some companies pay more than the minimum wage just like some companies do in Nigeria but they don't usually pay less because they have law. I don't need to be in America to know this.

40 hours per week makes it $290.

$290 can buy you 828 condoms in America.
Which is like spending N82, 800 on condoms @ N100 each in Nigeria.
Re: How Much Can $2 Afford You In The USA? by lordally(m): 10:12pm On Aug 03, 2021
Karleb:

US minimum wage is $7.25 per hour and some companies pay more than the minimum wage just like some companies do in Nigeria but they don't usually pay less because they have law. I don't need to be in America to know this.

40 hours per week makes it $290.

$290 can buy you 828 condoms in America.
Which is like spending N82, 800 on condoms @ N100 each in Nigeria.

Karleb na Bastard!! grin grin grin grin
Re: How Much Can $2 Afford You In The USA? by Karleb(m): 10:17pm On Aug 03, 2021
lordally:

Karleb na Bastard!! grin grin grin grin

grin grin

I guess that didn't come out the way I expected it. sad

1 Like

Re: How Much Can $2 Afford You In The USA? by Adapapaokoye: 8:43am On Aug 05, 2021
This question is funny

(1) (Reply)

Uk Vs Usa,canada,france,etc / Pls: Help: I Was Refused A Student Visa And My Valid Visit's Visa Was Cancelled / Please Am Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.