Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,726 members, 7,813,397 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Please Am Confused - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Am Confused (1256 Views)

Confused!.do I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Europe / The Uk Or Nigeria?am Confused Ooooo / Pls Am Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Am Confused by aduke4real: 2:41am On Jun 22, 2011
I just found out that my spouse settlement visa have been refused because:according to them they found out that i was serve a deportation paper in ireland in 2007
I had my baby in ireland 2004,and left a month after to nigeria and ever since i have been travelling from Lagos-UK-US without any problem but not ireland.
My question is it possible to serve a deportation to someone who doesn't reside there and claim no recourse to public fund?
I have all the necessary documents to prove my claims and should i go ahead to appeal or start a new application again.
thanks
Re: Please Am Confused by worry246(m): 5:58am On Jun 22, 2011
Looks like someone has stolel your identity!
Have you used agent
or
let anyone else use your papers
Have you relatives who might have stolen your papers?
Re: Please Am Confused by aduke4real: 12:06pm On Jun 22, 2011
@Worry236,I did not use an agent,I claimed 'ADURO'in ireland so when I got my child pasport I left immediately without giving them any notice.
Re: Please Am Confused by worry246(m): 12:16pm On Jun 22, 2011
So it's quite obviouse when you post the truth.
You were told you would be deported.
That has been recorded
You then FALSLY claimed aduro
Then left whithout notifying them.
I really do not see what you are complaining about.
You are illegal as far as your documentation is recorded.
YOU know that what you did was wrong but still you think you should not receive a ban
Truth is you have ban.
Make too much wahalla & ban might extend to UK.
Re: Please Am Confused by aduke4real: 12:54pm On Jun 22, 2011
@worry246,I claimed aduro immediately I got to ireland,no notice of deportation whatsoever,I never lived there just got my child pasport and I left before they could even call me for interview.I applied for UK spousal visa.I have documents to proof to them that I have been living in nigeira all these while.thanks
Re: Please Am Confused by Davedavy: 10:13am On Jun 23, 2011
aduke4real:

@worry246,I claimed aduro immediately I got to ireland,no notice of deportation whatsoever,I never lived there just got my child pasport and I left before they could even call me for interview.I applied for UK spousal visa.I have documents to proof to them that I have been living in nigeira all these while.thanks

The moment you seek asylum in any EU country,your information is recorded in a database accessible to all the participants according to the  Common European Asylum System (CEAS),that is why it is not possible to seek asylum in two countries within the EU.Once your case is denied by a member state,you are not eligible to travel to any other participant country to seek asylum.

Now in your case, Ireland has flagged you as an absconder, they have issued a removal notice and updated your information in their system as an absconder and failed asylum seeker. Reason why you are faced with this problem.

My advice,request for any information the Irish Immigration is holding on you, do this under section 3 of the Data Protection Act.

[i] Individuals may make a request from Data Ireland as follows:
Right to establish existence of personal data (section 3 Data Protection Acts).
Under section 3 of the Data Protection Acts an individual may write to us asking whether we keep any personal data on him or her. Where we hold such personal data on you, we shall respond within 21 days of receipt of the request, giving you a description of the data we hold on you and the purposes for which it is kept.

You do not have to pay a fee for making a request of this type under section 3 of the Data Protection Acts. Please make your request in writing to us at: Data Protection Co-ordinator, Data Ireland, 3rd Floor, Chapel House, 21-26 Parnell St., Dublin 1 stating that you are making your request under section 3 of the Data Protection Acts. Please note that before we respond to your request we may require that you provide us with satisfactory evidence of your identity and address.
We do not accept section 3 requests via telephone, email or text message
[/i].”

Once you know what they have on file about you, you can then proceed to seek legal advice as to what to do if you think it isn’t correct.

1 Like

Re: Please Am Confused by OmoTier1(m): 2:02pm On Jun 23, 2011
aduke4real:

I just found out that my spouse settlement visa have been refused because:according to them they found out that i was serve a deportation paper in ireland in 2007
I had my baby in ireland 2004,and left a month after to nigeria and ever since i have been travelling from Lagos-UK-US without any problem but not ireland.
My question is it possible to serve a deportation to someone who doesn't reside there and claim no recourse to public fund?
I have all the necessary documents to prove my claims and should i go ahead to appeal or start a new application again.
thanks
Seriously, you need an immigration solicitors to speed things up for you. Reapplying will earn you same ban, so I would advise to get a solicitor, explain the whole truth to them and they will tell you a way out.

By the way, did you explain all thesd information with your application?

To answer your question, the answer is yes! They can serve deportation papers on you even after you have left the country, however what you need to do is prove to them that the deportation papers were done in error since your immigration records showed you left the country voluntarily, hence msy not have broken any immigration law.

But then if you failed to provide this info in your UK interview, then you attempted to make false representation to the UK authorities which will earn you a refusal.

(1) (Reply)

Barbados / Sept '11 Resumption: Endless Wait For Uk Student Visa. / Need Assistance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.