Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,282 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Keke & Dee-one: African Entertainment Icons - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Keke & Dee-one: African Entertainment Icons (1313 Views)

African Entertainment Awards - Malaysia 2011 (aea Awards) Nomination List Out / Dj Dee Money Presents Naija Gbedu Part 1-12 / Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keke & Dee-one: African Entertainment Icons by Bigtee(m): 10:29pm On Feb 10, 2006
Hi,

This peice here is a tribute to KEKE and DEE-ONE (Kennis music and primetime entertainment Founders).
THis guys have tried (thumbs up), they've brought African music/entertainment into international limelight.
2Face Idibia, VIP, Tony tetula, Eedris Abulkareem to mention a few have all represented Naija and Africa in many international events ( and they held there ground well).
From the MTV best African artiste to Kora winners, all this achievement in the NAija music/entertainment industry has a link(direct/indirect) with this dynamic duo.
Lets give 'em a RAIN clap they've done us proud.

All the best y'all.
Re: Keke & Dee-one: African Entertainment Icons by ababoy1(m): 10:06pm On Feb 11, 2006
Are these the same guys on BEN TV?

If they are and I have only seen them twice - I will hold back my observations.

But if you say they have brought a lot to the entertainment industry in Nigeria then yes they deserve a mention.
Re: Keke & Dee-one: African Entertainment Icons by dready(f): 9:26pm On May 07, 2008
@ababoy1
Omo you harsh oo wetin the guys do na?
Re: Keke & Dee-one: African Entertainment Icons by skingo(m): 9:44pm On May 07, 2008
these guys are icons whether u like or not, they dont represent well and put us on the map well but hey they r historical
nothin do them. they jus need better videos for their artists!
Re: Keke & Dee-one: African Entertainment Icons by lucabrasi(m): 1:43am On May 08, 2008
they are icons we agree but they have received more than enough tributes,both in form of awaeds,financially and otherwise, personally i dont like them but they tried no doubt
Re: Keke & Dee-one: African Entertainment Icons by dominique(f): 11:01am On May 08, 2008
they've played a major role in music development in naija. they deserve 3 gbosas.
Re: Keke & Dee-one: African Entertainment Icons by Effa(m): 12:03pm On May 08, 2008
Few pple dont feel them, But so manyu pple feel them
As for me i do feel them and they really deserve everything that has come there way.
Money,Fame and whatsoever you can mention or think of.

Kudos to Primetime Entertainment,Nigeruian Music Industry,Keke and D1

They really have done good for the Nigerian Industry.
Love you guys
Re: Keke & Dee-one: African Entertainment Icons by abdurrazaq(m): 5:53pm On May 08, 2008
There is no argument on this topic. They are truly icons.
Re: Keke & Dee-one: African Entertainment Icons by 9ja4eva: 8:33pm On May 08, 2008
I beg to differ
Re: Keke & Dee-one: African Entertainment Icons by oyesema: 12:10pm On May 09, 2008
I wonder why some people are not objective in their contribution to topical issues.No matter what anybody think about them Keke and D1 rejuvenate the conteporary music industry in Nigeria take it or leave it.For music pundit, remember blacky, Lt Shortguns, Alex O. and the likes of the 80s and early 90s this guys were good but then No"Keni&D1"to bring the business aspect of the game to live, where are this people today?but look at 2face, Eedris abdukareem, Tetuila and the like Even My main man 9ice and Mode9 all this guys would never have realise the enormous business potential industry were it not for keny and D1 that started this game Via Raypower and AIT in the mid 90s. so my people lets give it to this guys and leave sentiment. The brought live to conteporary Nigeria music industry.
Re: Keke & Dee-one: African Entertainment Icons by dready(f): 5:06pm On May 09, 2008
@ Effa you say few people dont feel them but many dey feel them,
make i tell you something call 100 people for inside the 100 people na only 5-10 dey feel dem the rest hate them
but with time people go grow come dey see them as their own person.
Re: Keke & Dee-one: African Entertainment Icons by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 10, 2008
Big ups to Keke & D1.Am a big fan walahi.
Re: Keke & Dee-one: African Entertainment Icons by fastmoney(m): 9:50pm On May 10, 2008
ehhmm, i used to hate on them for that ruggedman shit but then i was much younger, right now im into the music production and promotion and i can see tht they didnt really too bad. they investe in the industry and it paid for them, besides ruggedman is kinda a ho ass nigga now so im riding with kenny and the other skinny ass nigga now. people were dissing them for there too much hype but right now everybody telling more lies than kenny ever told (imagine p-square xpectin me to believe they went platinum in six days, even interscope and defjam couldnt do that with fif and gay ass kanye).
ID on the street is still a ho tho.

(1) (Reply)

Modenine Brings Another Level; mixtape, mixtapes, mixtapes... / Why Gospel Stars Are Loosing Their Credibility: Fast! / Tony Okoroji Writes To Banky W, Eldee And Reuben Abati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.