Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,221 members, 7,836,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? (2402 Views)

Babatunde Raji Fashola Trends On Twitter Worldwide / My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah / Pics - Babatunde Raji Fashola Pays Lekki Toll Gate Fee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by guseman(m): 10:16am On May 18, 2011
johnie:

Did you notice that weeks to the elections, LASTMA officials became uncharacteristically polite. When motorists beat traffic lights, they only shook their heads unlike before when they would hop on an okada and catch up with the offender at the next traffic light or go slow.

That lasted until exactly a week after the elections when they went back to their old ways.

Made me think 'So these people can actually be controlled?"

Someone up there must have warned them that getting involved with any motorist who decided to make a public spectacle of the government would mean trouble for them.

--------------------

I follow one way, LASTMA gave me a salute!
By Abimbola Adelakun[b], Published: Monday, March 07, 2011 [/b]

One of the best things about living in a developing country like Nigeria is not democracy, it is election year. It is a crucial time in the life of any government so they tend to be extra nice.

There is a road leading to my house that has been under repairs for close to three years. Since they brought a caterpillar to run over the road sometime last year, nothing much has happened. In the dry season, the mountain of dust that this road conjures is worse than Mount Vesuvius erupting all over again. My house is full of dust. I clean but it makes no difference.

Until the road is fixed completely, we will suffer untold hardships. The rainy season was worse. The road became so muddy that it is hell either driving or walking through. Your feet and your shoes get caked with mud. I wrecked several pairs of shoes on that road. My friends no longer visit because it is hell driving through a bad road while their car tyres are covered with mud.

Some weeks ago, I came back home and found workmen working on the road! As I type this, work has advanced on the road so much that in another one week, they should be pouring tar on it. And this is a road that has been abandoned for a long time!

See why I love democracy? See why I love election year? I plan to make a recommendation to National Assembly to amend the Constitution so that we can have an election every year. That way, things will get done quicker and we get away with everything more. Suddenly, I began to understand why, the other day in Ojota, as I was about to cross the road, one of the Kai officials came to whisper to me not to so that I would not be arrested. He told me to use the flyover. Previously, they would have waited for me to do so and march me into the Green Maria.

Funny, I began to understand why LASTMA guys are friendlier these days and only a few Policemen still halfheartedly pursue you for not wearing a helmet. I am sure if I drive on a one way route, rather than pursue me, they will give a smart salute and say, “Well done, Madam.”

I love election year, ha-ha!!

Holy Mallam the comedian sang, “I follow one way, LASTMA find me reach house….”

Poor guy, he should have done it in an election year.

Right now, I plan to push my luck a little bit farther. I will put up a car sticker that says ‘I follow one way, LASTMA gave me a salute!”

http://www.google.punchontheweb.com/blog_read.aspx?read=241
[b][/b]
@all

I think the grace LASTMA is given to motorists will soon expired. I have witnessed danfo drivers driving through BRT lanes a week before gubernutorial election and they were not arrested.

I think the story will change after swearing in ceremony on 29th may, so we should expect more action from those MARKETERS!!!
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by guseman(m): 10:22am On May 18, 2011
johnie:

Good.

Shows that we are not just ranting on Nairaland!

grin

@Johnie
Nairaland is the most visited naija website. (i stand to be corrected)
The guy wearing white pants in that pictures sitting on that slab was knocked down by an okada man trying to avoid not to fall in that muddy water!
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by johnie: 12:18pm On May 18, 2011
The grace is over o!

I have seen them chase and catch up with motorists who "beat" traffic lights between 1004 and Falomo recently (after the elections).

As for the guy in white pants, what can I say but "poor guy!"
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by T9ksy(m): 5:38pm On May 18, 2011
johnie:

[b]The grace is over o![/b]I have seen them chase and catch up with motorists who "beat" traffic lights between 1004 and Falomo recently (after the elections).

As for the guy in white pants, what can I say but "poor guy!"

Yes O, the grace is over!!!

One of my brothers was arrested, monday night for accidentally going through a one way street.
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by guseman(m): 11:39pm On May 18, 2011
@all
I see them back in action this evening at Anthony making arrest. I am just praying they wont go too wild this time around.

Another four years of LASTMA palaver!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tompolo’s Private Jet And Other APC-Orchestrated Lies / Wike Is In Trouble As Education Agency Makes Damming Revelation / To Igbos: What Does This Seven Days Rain Mean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.