Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? (2392 Views)

Babatunde Raji Fashola Trends On Twitter Worldwide / My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah / Pics - Babatunde Raji Fashola Pays Lekki Toll Gate Fee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by guseman(m): 11:39am On May 16, 2011
I have been keeping this experience to myself for over four weeks now but i think it is high time i share this with you fellow Nigerians.

It is like passing through the eye of a needle every morning from College road to fagba then all through to Iju Ishaga. I am sure many Lagosians must have received query or sack letters for this act of negligence on the part of our beloved government or maybe we say the contractor working on that road.

A journey of 10mins can last up to four hours when you drive through that road. Please I want you to share your experience on this road.

Here are pictures of what the road looks like this morning 15/05/2011.

I hope this should serve as a reminder to our governor re-elect and our dear Otunba Ogunnusi

Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by guseman(m): 11:40am On May 16, 2011
Guys I will be glad if you can share your own experience on this road too,
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by guseman(m): 11:41am On May 16, 2011
here is another picture,

Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by guseman(m): 11:42am On May 16, 2011
here again

Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by Beaf: 11:43am On May 16, 2011
Abeg, give Fashola some rope. Anyone who hasn't heard of the man would think he is the most useless governor.
I'm sure there are other ways to draw his attention than a thread that is seeming to shame him.
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by guseman(m): 11:45am On May 16, 2011
again and again!!!
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by guseman(m): 11:53am On May 16, 2011
@beaf

Don't get it twisted, i am not beafing our dear gov, but i think what is happening on that road is NOT a way to say thank you to Lagosian for the trust we all had in BRF.

I remember that the contractor was seriously working on the road weeks before the election, now election is over, we are own our own!   
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by johnie: 12:42pm On May 16, 2011
I hope some Nlanders will not see themselves in those pictures else they might descend on you o!

wink

I feel your pain.

In a situation like this, who do we blame:

the government or the contractor?
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by Lagosboy: 1:02pm On May 16, 2011
@OP

Good job you did by posting hte thread, we have to bring these kind of issues to the attention of our leaders. We should never get carried away by the media praises. If your locailty does not reflect the praise on the governor, you have every right like you have dont to bring the issue to the public.
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by Mariory(m): 1:49pm On May 16, 2011
How long has the contractor been working on that road? By the way forward your complaints to the press with pictures and also to the relevant authorities in Lagos.

Nairaland has good as it is for discussion and information, is not really the place to post complaints.
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by johnie: 3:23pm On May 16, 2011
Guseman, not doubting your integrity but check the date/clock on your camera.

It seems to be a day slow.

That picture could not have been taken on May 15 2011- a Sunday. The school girl couldn't have been on her way to school on Sunday. Could she?

On a lighter note, I also could not help "seeing" the following in the pictures:

Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by tpia5: 3:25pm On May 16, 2011
the roads arent usually this crowded on sundays unless i'm out of touch.
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by Dede1(m): 3:33pm On May 16, 2011
Beaf:

Abeg, give Fashola some rope. Anyone who hasn't heard of the man would think he is the most useless governor.
I'm sure there are other ways to draw his attention than a thread that is seeming to shame him.

Any goat elected as the governor of Lagos State shall always look good and wonderful in the eyes of deluded electorates. Lagos was a mega city developed by federal government and turned into a state.

The original poster is not deluded but wonders how Lagos is a growing jungle amidst heaps of positive propaganda generated for Babatunde Raji Fashola.
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by EzeUche2(m): 3:34pm On May 16, 2011
Way too many people in Lagos. Give me Owerri or Enugu anyday! cool
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by johnie: 4:59pm On May 16, 2011
guseman:

I remember that the contractor was seriously working on the road weeks before the election, now election is over, we are own our own!   

Did you notice that weeks to the elections, LASTMA officials became uncharacteristically polite. When motorists beat traffic lights, they only shook their heads unlike before when they would hop on an okada and catch up with the offender at the next traffic light or go slow.

That lasted until exactly a week after the elections when they went back to their old ways.

Made me think 'So these people can actually be controlled?"

Someone up there must have warned them that getting involved with any motorist who decided to make a public spectacle of the government would mean trouble for them.

--------------------

I follow one way, LASTMA gave me a salute!
By Abimbola Adelakun[b], Published: Monday, March 07, 2011 [/b]

One of the best things about living in a developing country like Nigeria is not democracy, it is election year. It is a crucial time in the life of any government so they tend to be extra nice.

There is a road leading to my house that has been under repairs for close to three years. Since they brought a caterpillar to run over the road sometime last year, nothing much has happened. In the dry season, the mountain of dust that this road conjures is worse than Mount Vesuvius erupting all over again. My house is full of dust. I clean but it makes no difference.

Until the road is fixed completely, we will suffer untold hardships. The rainy season was worse. The road became so muddy that it is hell either driving or walking through. Your feet and your shoes get caked with mud. I wrecked several pairs of shoes on that road. My friends no longer visit because it is hell driving through a bad road while their car tyres are covered with mud.

Some weeks ago, I came back home and found workmen working on the road! As I type this, work has advanced on the road so much that in another one week, they should be pouring tar on it. And this is a road that has been abandoned for a long time!

See why I love democracy? See why I love election year? I plan to make a recommendation to National Assembly to amend the Constitution so that we can have an election every year. That way, things will get done quicker and we get away with everything more. Suddenly, I began to understand why, the other day in Ojota, as I was about to cross the road, one of the Kai officials came to whisper to me not to so that I would not be arrested. He told me to use the flyover. Previously, they would have waited for me to do so and march me into the Green Maria.

Funny, I began to understand why LASTMA guys are friendlier these days and only a few Policemen still halfheartedly pursue you for not wearing a helmet. I am sure if I drive on a one way route, rather than pursue me, they will give a smart salute and say, “Well done, Madam.”

I love election year, ha-ha!!

Holy Mallam the comedian sang, “I follow one way, LASTMA find me reach house….”

Poor guy, he should have done it in an election year.

Right now, I plan to push my luck a little bit farther. I will put up a car sticker that says ‘I follow one way, LASTMA gave me a salute!”

http://www.google.punchontheweb.com/blog_read.aspx?read=241
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by TONJOLO: 5:01pm On May 16, 2011
It is indeed not a pleasant experience. Apart from spending  reasonable hours on the road, you still spend fortune transport wise. It is surely not a good way of paying back the massive electorate on this route.
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by dapachez: 8:22pm On May 16, 2011
@ poster true talk,i almost gave my secretary a query today cos she came by ten when she was supposed to have resumed by eight.she stays in that zone and complains daily. The contractor should be held responsible. Go and see the job done at ogba road by mobil with an underground drainage tunnel,it took barely a month. Fair enough the governor has risen to the occassion. The contractors should be held responsible
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by safariman(m): 8:27pm On May 16, 2011
Yet, some people are arguing against BRF for bringing trains to Lagos on another thread
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by henry101(m): 5:27am On May 17, 2011
Haha, dnt let Eko Ile the butt licker set his eye on this thread.
He comes with insults and curses,
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by Nobody: 5:46am On May 17, 2011
When ppl start going back to their region, Lagos will be less congested. Too much people indeed.

Anywaz, poster, everything takes time. You surely cant be foo-lish enough to expect a quick modification of all Lagos street and roads in less than 10 years.

Why dont you get a group of people together to volunteer to clean up Lagos. That will go a long way. Do something and others will follow. You could clean up the gutters and rubbish around Lagos for starters.

Your back no dey bend yet because you no dey hunger for change.
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by smile11s(m): 6:58am On May 17, 2011
wow
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by friedrice1: 11:06am On May 17, 2011
this place looks like Aba to me,
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by stormm: 11:25am On May 17, 2011
wink Now where is Eko Ile and Gbawe? You won't find them when you need them most. To whom it may concern: The governor is busy inspecting metroline coaches being refurbished in Canada. The inspection is very important as the governor cannot delegate such huge responsibility to any commissioner or special assistant. Iju/Ishaga people, pls bear with us.
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 17, 2011
stormm:

wink Now where is Eko Ile and Gbawe? You won't find them when you need them most. To whom it may concern: The governor is busy inspecting metroline coaches being refurbished in Canada. The inspection is very important as the governor cannot delegate such huge responsibility to any commissioner or special assistant. Iju/Ishaga people, pls bear with us.

Why not just clone Fashola so that he can be at every spot at the same time?
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by jmaine: 7:26pm On May 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Meaning
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 17, 2011
jmaine:

Meaning

He cant be everywhere at the same time.
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by GODSON2009(m): 7:44pm On May 17, 2011
governance is a continuous process so the fact that you voted for brf doesnt mean he will miraculously wave his magic wand and make everything perfect.however i support highlighting what needs being done but it has to be channeled through the proper route, instead of going on about brf the commissioner is the one responsible for this in a proper line of complaint, contractor, your councillor, local govt chairman/woman, commissioner , before getting to brf
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by jmaine: 7:51pm On May 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

He cant be everywhere at the same time.

I felt what he was trying to say is that fashola had more to do at home than go on some metroline coaches inspection in canada . . .
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by Fhemmmy: 7:54pm On May 17, 2011
I cant imagine someone going through this on a daily basis.
I am sure the drainage of that area and the road being fixed would help and fix the problem . . . . .
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by stormm: 3:44am On May 18, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

@ Ileke-Idi, read that again. Did you make any sense?

jmaine:

I felt what he was trying to say is that fashola had more to do at home than go on some metroline coaches inspection in canada . . .
Do you know that road? From the pix, sure you can hazard guesses as per the importance of that road.

GODSON2009:
governance is a continuous process so the fact that you voted for brf doesnt mean he will miraculously wave his magic wand

Clap for yourself.
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by guseman(m): 10:05am On May 18, 2011
@all
I really appreciate your comments on this thread. TO MY GREATEST SUPRISE,ON MY WAY BACK ON MONDAY THE CONTRACTOR HAS STARTED WORKING ON THE ROAD AGAIN. CAN YOU IMAGINE?

johnie:

Guseman, not doubting your integrity but check the date/clock on your camera.

It seems to be a day slow.

That picture could not have been taken on May 15 2011- a Sunday. The school girl couldn't have been on her way to school on Sunday. Could she?

On a lighter note, I also could not help "seeing" the following in the pictures:

Yeah, the time on the watch was a day slow. It was monday morning 16/05/11 at 8:07 am

I was passing through the road this morning and i saw a camera man working with a TV station interviewing motorists. i hope you see the clips on TV soon,
Re: Babatunde Raji Fashola San, Why? by johnie: 10:09am On May 18, 2011
guseman:

@all
I really appreciate your comments on this thread. TO MY GREATEST SUPRISE,ON MY WAY BACK ON MONDAY THE CONTRACTOR HAS STARTED WORKING ON THE ROAD AGAIN. CAN YOU IMAGINE?

Yeah, the time on the watch was a day slow. It was monday morning 16/05/11 at 8:07 am

I was passing through the road this morning and i saw a camera man working with a TV station interviewing motorists. i hope you see the clips on TV soon,

Good.

Shows that we are not just ranting on Nairaland!

grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Niger Rep Opens New Refinery : Very Close To Nigeria’s Border / Literacy Map Of Nigeria / APGA GUBER Primaries- Delegates are still voting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.