Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,885 members, 7,813,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses (20294 Views)

Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy / Malami: I Didn’t Buy ₦300 Million Abuja House For My Son / Malami: "I Deliberately Referred To Abacha Loot As "Abacha's Assets" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses by nairavsdollars(f): 12:48pm On Aug 03, 2021
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Abubakar Malami SAN, Attorney General and Minister of Justice, has denied reports that he ignored presidential directives on the ward congresses of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

It was reported that Vice President Yemi Osinbajo in a meeting convened in his office to deliberate on the ruling of the Supreme Court on the Ondo governorship election with all the lawyers in President Muhammadu Buhari’s cabinet had agreed that the congresses which held last Saturday should be suspended.

However, Malami rejected the submission of other lawyers and insisted that the congresses must go ahead.
However, in a statement signed by Umar Gwandu, his Special Assistant on Media and Publicity said the conduct of the congresses is entirely the affairs of the APC and has nothing to do with the Minister.

“It is important to put the record straight that congresses and the conduct thereof are a function of a political party and not the office of the Attorney General.

“The Honourable Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice is not responsible for the implementation of directives relating to party administration as it is rightly known.

“It is, therefore, incongruous and antithetical to common sense to think that the Honourable Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice refusing to obey directives over which he has no legal responsibility to execute”.

“The allegation does not represent the true position of things, please.
“It is a common knowledge that the two eminent personalities are both lawyers, hence could be entitled to their respective opinions within the context of Section 39 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria that upholds freedom of expression.

“It is a tradition and normal experience in life that lawyers express divergent opinions which in some cases are not rooted in the majority decision of the Supreme Court on speculations and insinuations.

“The Honourable Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice is not bound by any conclusion put across which should naturally be persuasive and not binding.

“The Honourable Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice remain law-abiding and wholeheartedly abiding by presidential directives.”
https://independent.ng/i-didnt-ignore-osinbajos-directives-on-apc-ward-congresses-malami/

5 Likes

Re: Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 03, 2021
God be with osinbanjo in the weeks ahead.

29 Likes

Re: Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses by Moferere: 12:52pm On Aug 03, 2021
You see the way fake news spread in this country eeehn. It kills faster than BH & IPoB terrorists combined.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses by Tony3245(m): 12:54pm On Aug 03, 2021
They are always quick to deny.

Their headache anyway.

Check my signature....you don't wan to miss out cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses by orikoku: 12:59pm On Aug 03, 2021
See devil. If u don't fear this man devil must be your friend.

5 Likes

Re: Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses by ogododo: 1:01pm On Aug 03, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Abubakar Malami SAN, Attorney General and Minister of Justice, has denied reports that he ignored presidential directives on the ward congresses of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

It was reported that Vice President Yemi Osinbajo in a meeting convened in his office to deliberate on the ruling of the Supreme Court on the Ondo governorship election with all the lawyers in President Muhammadu Buhari’s cabinet had agreed that the congresses which held last Saturday should be suspended.

However, Malami rejected the submission of other lawyers and insisted that the congresses must go ahead.
However, in a statement signed by Umar Gwandu, his Special Assistant on Media and Publicity said the conduct of the congresses is entirely the affairs of the APC and has nothing to do with the Minister.

“It is important to put the record straight that congresses and the conduct thereof are a function of a political party and not the office of the Attorney General.

“The Honourable Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice is not responsible for the implementation of directives relating to party administration as it is rightly known.

“It is, therefore, incongruous and antithetical to common sense to think that the Honourable Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice refusing to obey directives over which he has no legal responsibility to execute”.

“The allegation does not represent the true position of things, please.
“It is a common knowledge that the two eminent personalities are both lawyers, hence could be entitled to their respective opinions within the context of Section 39 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria that upholds freedom of expression.

“It is a tradition and normal experience in life that lawyers express divergent opinions which in some cases are not rooted in the majority decision of the Supreme Court on speculations and insinuations.

“The Honourable Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice is not bound by any conclusion put across which should naturally be persuasive and not binding.

“The Honourable Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice remain law-abiding and wholeheartedly abiding by presidential directives.”
https://independent.ng/i-didnt-ignore-osinbajos-directives-on-apc-ward-congresses-malami/
BTW ward congresses were done in some states, abi wetin happen?
Re: Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses by nairavsdollars(f): 1:06pm On Aug 03, 2021
done in all states
ogododo:

BTW ward congresses were done in some states, abi wetin happen?
Re: Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses by jowhyte(m): 1:15pm On Aug 03, 2021
orikoku:
See devil. If u don't fear this man devil must be your friend.

Oops
Re: Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses by jowhyte(m): 1:18pm On Aug 03, 2021
Moferere:
You see the way fake news spread in this country eeehn. It kills faster than BH & IPoB terrorists combined.

How is it fake news? Did he deny that he didn’t disagree with the VP?

57 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses by BruncleZuma: 1:21pm On Aug 03, 2021
grin grin grin grin
Re: Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses by FarahAideed: 1:21pm On Aug 03, 2021
We
Re: Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses by Higgies(m): 1:21pm On Aug 03, 2021
Better

1 Like

Re: Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses by MrMcJay(m): 1:21pm On Aug 03, 2021
This denial should also come from Osinbajo, not only Malami. Personally, I won't believe Malami on this without corroboration by Osinbajo.

2 Likes

Re: Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses by damosky12(m): 1:21pm On Aug 03, 2021
Osinbajo: a brilliant progressive man in the midst of dull bigoted people.

16 Likes

Re: Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses by Dagger111(m): 1:22pm On Aug 03, 2021
Are you sure?
Re: Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses by Passionate888: 1:24pm On Aug 03, 2021
Like Abba Kyari like Malami like Pantami angry

2 Likes

Re: Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses by DEROX: 1:24pm On Aug 03, 2021
smiley TINUBU should watch out but am sure he is wiser

1 Like

Re: Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 1:25pm On Aug 03, 2021
jowhyte:

Ignore him, na BMC member without pay and common sense.

13 Likes

Re: Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses by kuuljay(m): 1:25pm On Aug 03, 2021
Moferere:
Saharareporters may have to be shut down cos they are becoming something else,their sole aim is now to attract attention and not give facts,

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses by BigYash: 1:25pm On Aug 03, 2021
jowhyte:

Let am,allow them dey use he head play table tennis.. As if APC and its members know wetin be truth before

7 Likes

Re: Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses by TheRareGem1(f): 1:26pm On Aug 03, 2021
grin grin grin grin. I thought Malami defied the VP. Where are those people na.

Another one :
Buni rushes to Osinbajo, explains view on APC Congresses

https://www.chronicle.ng/2021/08/buni-rushes-to-osinbajo-apc-congresses/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses by osimataylor(m): 1:26pm On Aug 03, 2021
You are very observant
jowhyte:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses by seborrhic: 1:26pm On Aug 03, 2021
See how throughout the statement he never mentioned or even hinted at mentioning that 'he respects the office of the VP and Osinbajo",as is expected of such press releases,even if the story was denied.
But he still went ahead to acknowledge divergent opinions is common with lawyers without still showing respect to the office or person of Osinbajo.
That shows the contempt to which Osinbajo is held by malami.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses by bykmyk(m): 1:27pm On Aug 03, 2021
Every Animal is playing safe in the wilderness...
Re: Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses by aviara: 1:27pm On Aug 03, 2021
Whatever Malami says or does has the full backing of Buhari and most of the Northern elites. How come its only the southern lawyers and politicians that are very concerned about the pronouncement of the supreme court as regards the position of Malam Buni as chairman of caretaker committee of APC.

4 Likes

Re: Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses by obembet(f): 1:30pm On Aug 03, 2021
Terriost in power.

The evil man that replace Abba Kyari, not Oga Tailor

2 Likes

Re: Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses by vedaxcool(m): 1:30pm On Aug 03, 2021
grin Southern bigots will lie, steal and cheat just to disrespect his excellency, Professor Yemi Osinbajo just to hate on PMB. Why lie against such a good man? Why denigrate and individual that all your progeny can only dream to ever reach his level.

3 Likes

Re: Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses by Person2person(m): 1:33pm On Aug 03, 2021
Ok
Re: Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses by joefelin2345: 1:35pm On Aug 03, 2021
damosky12:
Osinbajo: a brilliant progressive man in the midst of dull bigoted people.

Prof Osinbajo, eronu epada wa sile koto pe ju. Eni awifun, Oba je kogbo o. Eranti oun ti osele si Ogagun Oladipo Diya o. Eranti ogagun Benjamin Adekunle ati awon miran Beebe lo. Bi anbati fi apari isu han alejo, owe ile to lo niyen o.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan: African Leaders Plotting Political Coups To Remain In Power / 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Will Speak In January - Fashola / FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.