Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Family Planning Does Not Reduce Population – Expert - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Planning Does Not Reduce Population – Expert (669 Views)

Help! Family Planning Keeps Failing Us, She Is Pregnant Twice This Year / Family Planning And Poverty Reduction / Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Planning Does Not Reduce Population – Expert by camri: 5:14pm On Aug 03, 2021
Prof. Josiah Mutihir of the department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, College of Health Sciences, University of Jos, has said that family planning is not a ploy to reduce population in the world.

Mutihir, who is also Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, with the Jos University Teaching Hospital (JUTH), said this while delivering the 98th Inaugural Lecture series of university on Tuesday in Jos.

The inaugural lecture has the theme “Family Planning and Contraception: The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth”.

The don explained that family planning only slows down population growth rate, adding that it enables the population to increase at a sustainable pace with available resources.

He maintained that none of the methods of family planning promote abortion or is used for termination of pregnancies.

He said that it is aimed at promoting child spacing that would ensure a healthy family and society.

According to him, effective family planning remains an essential tool toward the well-being of the child, insisting that it provides couples with ample opportunities and resources to cater for the needs of the child.

“Family planning is not abortion; It doesn’t tell you or limit the number of children to have.

“It does not kill or maim people; it is a not treatment for pregnancy. It does not encourage promiscuity.

“Family planning does not reduce population. It only slows down population growth rate which enables the population to increase at a sustainable pace with available resources,” he said.

Mutihir, said the family planning and use of contraceptives enable couples anticipate and attain their desired number of children, adding that it is the best for the health of the mother, her child and the family.

He further said that family planning minimises the risks involved in any pregnancy.

“In order words, having children not too early, too frequent, too may or too late.

“It has tremendous benefits to both the mother, child, family, the community and the nation at large,”he said.

He called on government, individuals, and groups to increase the level of awareness on the benefits of family planning, particularly at the rural communities

He urged government to also review the family planning policy with a view of making the services available and affordable at the various primary health cares.

Also, Prof. Gray Ejikeme, the Acting Vice-Chancellor of the university, described the inaugural lecture as “timely”

He said the lecture was intellectually and perceptually stimulating, adding it would contribute to the body of knowledge in the country.

“Inaugural lectures enable us to develop fresh knowledge and ways to apply it for the growth of the society,” Ejikeme said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/08/family-planning-does-not-reduce-population-expert/
Re: Family Planning Does Not Reduce Population – Expert by Tony3245(m): 5:25pm On Aug 03, 2021
Do wetin your power reach
Re: Family Planning Does Not Reduce Population – Expert by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 03, 2021
We have heard,I'll never do family planning,I'll have all my kids till I reach menopause not minding the numbers of kids I have
Re: Family Planning Does Not Reduce Population – Expert by BritishAirways: 6:04pm On Aug 03, 2021
Rozcol:
We have heard,I'll never do family planning,I'll have all my kids till I reach menopause not minding the numbers of kids I have

Congratulations, ensure you can cater for their feeding, morals and academics... No wahala

Life is all about numbers
Re: Family Planning Does Not Reduce Population – Expert by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 04, 2021
Honestly....

Human race is growing exponentially... We need to cut the birth rate..

PEOPLE won't die if THEY have just two kids.
Re: Family Planning Does Not Reduce Population – Expert by ezugegere(m): 11:30am On Aug 04, 2021
It's has high time government made is a policy. No man should more that 3 kids.
Re: Family Planning Does Not Reduce Population – Expert by Raalsalghul: 1:37pm On Aug 04, 2021
ezugegere:
It's has high time government made is a policy. No man should more that 3 kids.

Two preferably.
Re: Family Planning Does Not Reduce Population – Expert by Klass99(f): 3:32pm On Aug 04, 2021
smiley
Re: Family Planning Does Not Reduce Population – Expert by Polynek(m): 3:40pm On Aug 04, 2021
2 boys and 1 girl is okay 4 me
Re: Family Planning Does Not Reduce Population – Expert by Hathor5(f): 5:10pm On Aug 04, 2021
Klass99:
The whole point of family planning, is to have a number of kids, parents can take care of, without losing themselves in the process - my opinion.

I'm not sure it was ever about population control, but it ought to help with an explosive population, yet the good doctor says it doesn't even help with that.

Family planning = The fewer kids, the better for your mental, physical, spiritual and financial health as a parent.

The doctor never said that. The OP misquoted the doctor.
Re: Family Planning Does Not Reduce Population – Expert by Klass99(f): 5:16pm On Aug 04, 2021
smiley
Re: Family Planning Does Not Reduce Population – Expert by Hathor5(f): 5:17pm On Aug 04, 2021
Klass99:

Lol grin, I didn't read the original post myself I just responded to the topic without reading the entire post.

I only read it because the topic did not make any sense whatsoever.
Re: Family Planning Does Not Reduce Population – Expert by Klass99(f): 5:22pm On Aug 04, 2021
smiley

1 Like

Re: Family Planning Does Not Reduce Population – Expert by Hathor5(f): 5:25pm On Aug 04, 2021
Klass99:

So, after your post I went back to read it. The doctor did say somewhere that family planning doesn't reduce population it only slows it down.

Ayam even getting confused sef. grin. How have you been?

The doctor says that family planning makes a huge difference in terms of population growth, resource distribution and the well-being of kids and parents. That's all we need to know. The title of the thread is misleading.

I am fine dear and you?
Re: Family Planning Does Not Reduce Population – Expert by Klass99(f): 5:32pm On Aug 04, 2021
smiley
Re: Family Planning Does Not Reduce Population – Expert by crackhaus: 6:28pm On Aug 04, 2021

“Family planning is not abortion; It doesn’t tell you or limit the number of children to have.

“It does not kill or maim people; it is a not treatment for pregnancy. It does not encourage promiscuity.

“Family planning does not reduce population. It only slows down population growth rate which enables the population to increase at a sustainable pace with available resources,” he said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/08/family-planning-does-not-reduce-population-expert/

Re: Family Planning Does Not Reduce Population – Expert by Hathor5(f): 8:59pm On Aug 04, 2021
Klass99:

Okay thanks, your summary is appreciated.

I'm good, just exhausted and edgy today, from inadequate sleep.

I know this feeling. Feeling tired can make a person feel and behave anyhow. But the good news is, there is always another night. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Winco Foam Brand Highlight: Products Of The Week / Treating Fibroids Without Surgery! / Please Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.