Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,378 members, 7,829,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Will You Allow Your Mother To Come And Live With You And Your Wife At Home? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Allow Your Mother To Come And Live With You And Your Wife At Home? (1671 Views)

How To Live With a contentious woman / Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter / Will You Allow Your Wife Use intimacy gadgets When You Are Away? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Allow Your Mother To Come And Live With You And Your Wife At Home? by Bigtee(m): 10:31pm On Feb 10, 2006
HI,

Complicated stuff here.
Will you allow your mother to live with you?
Know well that Wifes and mothers usually have beef(i wonder why, maybe is a girly thingy, Chics help me out here).
Any way, as for me its only for "OMUGO"(for the non-easterners this means when the mother comes over to take care of the new born child of a couple) that i'll allow my momsie to stay with me.

Whats your take. (chics especially)

Be good always!
Re: Will You Allow Your Mother To Come And Live With You And Your Wife At Home? by hotangel2(f): 10:38pm On Feb 10, 2006
I wanna take care of my own child. No mother should come and live with me.
Re: Will You Allow Your Mother To Come And Live With You And Your Wife At Home? by clarissa(f): 10:54pm On Feb 10, 2006
i think its ok for ur mom to see u and ur child when u give birth like she could help u out it in takin care of the baby cos it might be a little stress u know
Re: Will You Allow Your Mother To Come And Live With You And Your Wife At Home? by hotangel2(f): 11:49pm On Feb 10, 2006
She can come first and stay for like a week. But she should leave after that.
Re: Will You Allow Your Mother To Come And Live With You And Your Wife At Home? by Z4M4eva(f): 11:55pm On Feb 10, 2006
When I get married and have my baby...I wouldn't mind at all if my mum came to visit and helped in taking care of the baby, but Obviously she's not going to stay in my house for like "Forever" she has to leave @ some point later. She can stay how long she wants, I can't make her leave, afterall she's my mum.
Re: Will You Allow Your Mother To Come And Live With You And Your Wife At Home? by princeonx: 12:00am On Feb 11, 2006
Sometime having you mum live with you and your wife is like having a second wife! you might start having problem or issues with things that never bordered you before! Visiting is fine but living with us NO! same goes to her mum.
Re: Will You Allow Your Mother To Come And Live With You And Your Wife At Home? by clarissa(f): 12:23am On Feb 11, 2006
yeah she'll stay for a short while if she stays like FOREVER i wouldn't like it smiley
Re: Will You Allow Your Mother To Come And Live With You And Your Wife At Home? by Bigtee(m): 1:08pm On Feb 11, 2006
prince_onx , Please can u expantiate on the problems involved in allowing ur mum to come and stay. I need to know. Thanx
Re: Will You Allow Your Mother To Come And Live With You And Your Wife At Home? by IAH(f): 2:09pm On Feb 11, 2006
No! No!! No!!! I don't like that idea at all.
Re: Will You Allow Your Mother To Come And Live With You And Your Wife At Home? by OluAbuja(m): 4:42pm On Feb 11, 2006
You guys make me laugh. Mama is above 80years and it will not be funny at all. My wife loves my mother but i will not allow her to stay more than 3months.

On the other hand, i prefer my mother in-law (60+). She keeps my wife on her toes. She does not tolerate nonsense from my wife and always want my wife to please me. I know that if my mother in-law stays with us, i will always be like a king grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Will You Allow Your Mother To Come And Live With You And Your Wife At Home? by Rhodalyn(f): 12:19am On Feb 18, 2006
if ma mom dsnt behave nicely den i wld ask her 2 leave
bt i knw ma mom aint like dat
Re: Will You Allow Your Mother To Come And Live With You And Your Wife At Home? by Rhodalyn(f): 12:20am On Feb 18, 2006
Olu Abuja:

You guys make me laugh. Mama is above 80years and it will not be funny at all. My wife loves my mother but i will not allow her to stay more than 3months.

On the other hand, i prefer my mother in-law (60+). She keeps my wife on her toes. She does not tolerate nonsense from my wife and always want my wife to please me. I know that if my mother in-law stays with us, i will always be like a king grin grin grin

king indeed cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Will You Allow Your Mother To Come And Live With You And Your Wife At Home? by Grizzly(m): 1:18am On Feb 18, 2006
Some mums can be impossible,
Re: Will You Allow Your Mother To Come And Live With You And Your Wife At Home? by eveseh(f): 3:22pm On Apr 28, 2006
hmmmmmmmmmm,nice topic but am not a man and i dont have a wife

but if i was a man,my mother would spend more than obne wee to my place ,
if i know she and my wife are not friendly.

1 Like

Re: Will You Allow Your Mother To Come And Live With You And Your Wife At Home? by Izzo(m): 9:05am On Jul 24, 2006
Yeah! I would allow her to come stay with me and my wife only if she doesn't try to run my family by her rules . because i'm getting sek and tired of such parents. angry angry
Re: Will You Allow Your Mother To Come And Live With You And Your Wife At Home? by mamaput(f): 9:39am On Jul 24, 2006
Any one comming here has to tell me when they are going.
Re: Will You Allow Your Mother To Come And Live With You And Your Wife At Home? by Afribiz(f): 10:08am On May 22, 2009
Visiting - fine

Living/Residing - No

Reason: It takes hard work for a husband and wife to be able to live together. Accepting any other person ( be it mother, sister, brother, cousin, and so on) into ur home is like nurturing some foreign bodies into ur body system. The fact therefore is that, whether you realise it or not, the peace of ur home will surely be tampered with, and if not carefully handled, could completely damage your marriage.
Re: Will You Allow Your Mother To Come And Live With You And Your Wife At Home? by Eaglebabe: 2:14pm On Dec 11, 2009
Unless she is coming asa house help.

(1) (Reply)

Going Home To Look For A Spouse / If Your Wife Is Unfaithful / She Has Not Seen Her Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.