Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,400 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Can I Combine Studying Medicine, Surgery And Work At The Same Time ? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can I Combine Studying Medicine, Surgery And Work At The Same Time ? (14349 Views)

What Are The Disadavantages Of Studying Medicine At Age 29 / What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? / Should I Continue Studying Medicine In Nigeria Or Should I Start Afresh Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Combine Studying Medicine, Surgery And Work At The Same Time ? by Gfskw: 9:01pm On Aug 04, 2021
No
Re: Can I Combine Studying Medicine, Surgery And Work At The Same Time ? by Razzness(m): 9:35pm On Aug 04, 2021
stayclearofme:

How do u know I am not a Doctor or a medical student?
U wouldn't have said am lying, trust me
Re: Can I Combine Studying Medicine, Surgery And Work At The Same Time ? by magzey: 9:50pm On Aug 04, 2021
Your own na joke ,even if you are on weed you can't think of that
Re: Can I Combine Studying Medicine, Surgery And Work At The Same Time ? by frozen70(f): 9:50pm On Aug 04, 2021
Itidicious:
I need your advise seriously,i am an under graduate and i am so passionate about furthering my education.

After reading more on the internet i noticed that medicine and surgery is stressful and needs a lot of serious dedication to succeed, from my finding you can be expelled if you fail twice or when you are not able to meet up to the expected standard.i need to be careful because i don't just want to make a wrong decision in my life since am the one sponsoring myself..

I really needs to be sincere,for work i am a cryptocurrency trader ,i don't read chart but have join a v.i.p signal group,i make 50 k Monthly with trading ,i am also learning other digital skill ,i am also an electrician but i don't concentrate so much in that ,i only make small money with it to gather for my basic needs. I have 200 k in my account for a start.. for accommodation i live with my Aunt.

I have free accommodation,food and enough time,

please with all this is it possible to concentrate and succeed if i decide to go for medicine and surgery ? Your advice will be highly appreciated.

I think the best for you is to concentrate on getting into medical school now that you have the interest and passion

Don't derail with all you mentioned pls

Take them one after another
Re: Can I Combine Studying Medicine, Surgery And Work At The Same Time ? by juniorstar(m): 10:18pm On Aug 04, 2021
You can combine hustle and medicine...the thing is you need to dedicate a lot of time to reading. You reading schedule should be regular at least 3hours everyday
Re: Can I Combine Studying Medicine, Surgery And Work At The Same Time ? by Drone95(m): 10:25pm On Aug 04, 2021
eedimo:
Outside Nigeria I don't know but in UNIMAID COLLEGE OF MEDICINE it's gonna be tough on you.
If you love Medicine save enough income from your hustles then seek collaborative sponsorship from family and friends, in that way your hustles can wait while you concentrate on med school.
God help you
exactly bro, it won't be so easy in Nigeria unis especially federal & state, private .it will be tough & rough , repeat & resits are inevitable if his attention is divided. Pls bro I sent you a mail. Need to find out some Information about unimaid med college
Modified
Can I get ur WhatsApp digits, . you can mail me on adegbite.michael23@yahoo.com
Re: Can I Combine Studying Medicine, Surgery And Work At The Same Time ? by joyousever(f): 10:33pm On Aug 04, 2021
You can do and achieve whatever you want as long as you're determined! Since your hustle is an online one, it wouldn't hinder your academic success provided you're serious. Don't be discouraged by naysayers. You could set up a business with the 200k you have, like a fast moving consumer goods store, before you know it you'll be super financially comfortable alongside schooling. Wishing you well.
Itidicious:
I need your advise seriously,i am an under graduate and i am so passionate about furthering my education.

After reading more on the internet i noticed that medicine and surgery is stressful and needs a lot of serious dedication to succeed, from my finding you can be expelled if you fail twice or when you are not able to meet up to the expected standard.i need to be careful because i don't just want to make a wrong decision in my life since am the one sponsoring myself..

I really needs to be sincere,for work i am a cryptocurrency trader ,i don't read chart but have join a v.i.p signal group,i make 50 k Monthly with trading ,i am also learning other digital skill ,i am also an electrician but i don't concentrate so much in that ,i only make small money with it to gather for my basic needs. I have 200 k in my account for a start.. for accommodation i live with my Aunt.

I have free accommodation,food and enough time,

please with all this is it possible to concentrate and succeed if i decide to go for medicine and surgery ? Your advice will be highly appreciated.
Re: Can I Combine Studying Medicine, Surgery And Work At The Same Time ? by Drone95(m): 10:40pm On Aug 04, 2021
Nwaezehopr:
You can't combine the two unless if it's a digital business. I'm study the course though as my 2nd degree but I planned for the journey for years before getting the admission. I have four different businesses which gives me money weekly without being there. You need to be in school even when others are not in session. Here is a battle field mostly when preparing for mbbs exams. Just look for a sponsor because you can't combine the course with side hustling. I can't even remember the last day I entered my office. Medicine and surgery no be moi moi.
studying is interesting if there's money, if there's money you don't have to read with empty stomach (hunger). Pls bro which sch are you & what's the criteria for holder of BSC in Basic medical sciences?
Re: Can I Combine Studying Medicine, Surgery And Work At The Same Time ? by Hormonhyee93: 10:41pm On Aug 04, 2021
As someone with experience of how the medical school runs though still an undergraduate buh already in the clinical race.....I think it's possible to juggle a side hustle with medicine buh be careful,the hustle must be something centred within the medical race and career like selling medical textbooks and accessories, taking tutorial classes for IJMB or JUPEB students,if you are good with photography,it will be a cool thing as you can be called by your mates or students from other faculties to take a group photo mind you,it's not going to be termed a full time job as this is a step to going home.....never will I rule out the place of techs,the almighty tech really helps you a lot as it's a good thing to juggle buh mind you again,this techs might involve you graphics designing for the medical students,photocopying and printing materials is something enough to earn you a lot as we spend at least 2k per week printing materials buh AGAIN don't be carried away by the financial accruement and benefits as someone had already said earlier on cos this might really affect you a long way,to be honest with you, medical school isn't for the brilliant cos 99.9 percents of students there were either the best in their town,local government,states or their country as this is a den of competing champions,so being brilliant won't really help you BUH like my late professor(proof adesokan of blessed memory) medical students are the smartest I have seen,they can think easily outside the box whilst maintaining mental health.....you will be faced with a lot,the number is limitless buh being smart is what's going to make your go through,again my simple advice is that you observe the race first before venturing into anything that might cause distractions
Re: Can I Combine Studying Medicine, Surgery And Work At The Same Time ? by stayclearofme: 11:54pm On Aug 04, 2021
Razzness:

U wouldn't have said am lying, trust me
Ok u exaggerated is that better?
Re: Can I Combine Studying Medicine, Surgery And Work At The Same Time ? by vickydevoka(m): 12:23am On Aug 05, 2021
Pk01:
Sincerely speaking you can't join medicine and sug with hustling the two can't just move together..

Everything Na money their textbooks, that 200k won't carry go anywhere.. Dem dey read like craze... I fear who no fear that course.. Out 200 student for my school now currently in 300l but Na only 16 student qualified to 300l...our 500l Na 4student..

Baba..go for computer science.. You will enjoy the course.. Hope say you Sabi maths

I want learn crypto trading bro.. Should I sent a dm?
Wow!! Wic skul
Re: Can I Combine Studying Medicine, Surgery And Work At The Same Time ? by vickydevoka(m): 3:23am On Aug 05, 2021
Highshow05:
Bro,con teach me cryptocurrency.
Use ur head o. Let me teach u something. B4 u give or collect money, information or idea from someone on nairaland check his profile. How long has he being hear. If he's not up to 2 years, be careful.
Re: Can I Combine Studying Medicine, Surgery And Work At The Same Time ? by Mkingz(m): 7:44am On Aug 05, 2021
Combining Medicine and crypto is feasible but the question you would have to ask yourself is, “Can i handle the stress of med school and the stress of possibly losing money while trading in the crypto market”?...If the answer is NO,best thing is to research on tokens that have good use cases and HODL...Also look for a less strenous side hustle like Whatsapp Marketing..Irrespective of how stressful med school is, we all average at least 4hours on whatsapp daily...so why not turn that time to income...shoot me a mail or whatsapp my number in my bio to get started.

1 Like

Re: Can I Combine Studying Medicine, Surgery And Work At The Same Time ? by Suremikky(m): 8:59am On Aug 05, 2021
for North even person wey no fit speak English dey graduate as a doctor, so if na for any of the northern uni e go dey very possible, infact u fit grad as one of the best.. but my brother ee no go fit work for other part of the country
Re: Can I Combine Studying Medicine, Surgery And Work At The Same Time ? by venmotors(m): 10:10am On Aug 05, 2021
Hizzy:

I want to study radiography and I still want to learn how to play guitar, keyboards and Teekay promised to teach me music production can I combine both thanks
Yes it is doable
I no someone in same radiography that is a DJ
Any party in school he is normally the DJ to call
You can achieve any highest U want to achieve only if u stay focus and work hard

Gud luck
Re: Can I Combine Studying Medicine, Surgery And Work At The Same Time ? by ManOfCompetence(m): 6:15pm On Aug 05, 2021
Acecards:
they wrote their last exams about 2 months back. His name is Efe Erhus. Had Distinctions in Anatomy, physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Medicine, Surgery. He is regarded as the GOAT (Greatest of All Time) in Uniben medical school history.

Wow.... that's nice.... seems you still dy uniben medical school?
Re: Can I Combine Studying Medicine, Surgery And Work At The Same Time ? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 05, 2021
ManOfCompetence:

Wow.... that's nice.... seems you still dy uniben medical school?
Yeah boss
Re: Can I Combine Studying Medicine, Surgery And Work At The Same Time ? by Ashiru97(m): 7:47pm On Aug 05, 2021
Itidicious:
digital trading can be bann anytime,is not reliable that is why
have been trying to reply your mail, but i don't know what's happening have not been able to do it, Thanks for replying me, you said something about crypto VIP signal group, please i will really like to know about that, can you please send your WhatsApp contact to my mail so that i can message you their. Thanks
Re: Can I Combine Studying Medicine, Surgery And Work At The Same Time ? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 05, 2021
venmotors:

Yes it is doable
I no someone in same radiography that is a DJ
Any party in school he is normally the DJ to call
You can achieve any highest U want to achieve only if u stay focus and work hard

Gud luck
Thanks sir and God bless you
Re: Can I Combine Studying Medicine, Surgery And Work At The Same Time ? by Itidicious: 6:06pm On Aug 06, 2021
Ashiru97:
have been trying to reply your mail, but i don't know what's happening have not been able to do it, Thanks for replying me, you said something about crypto VIP signal group, please i will really like to know about that, can you please send your WhatsApp contact to my mail so that i can message you their. Thanks
Re: Can I Combine Studying Medicine, Surgery And Work At The Same Time ? by Joshuazedd(m): 8:09pm On Aug 14, 2021
Razzness:

Mbbs, pharmacy and vet medicine are unclassified degrees, but they all have cgpa and a cgpa less than 2.4 is placed under probation
Probation because of cgpa? What is that? That's not how medical school is run.
You either pass a course or you repeat or withdraw. Where does 2.4cpga come in? 100level?
Re: Can I Combine Studying Medicine, Surgery And Work At The Same Time ? by Blurpy: 9:19pm On Aug 14, 2021
Some Pharmacy schools do not do resit system e.g uniben. They do probation
Joshuazedd:

Probation because of cgpa? What is that? That's not how medical school is run.
You either pass a course or you repeat or withdraw. Where does 2.4cpga come in? 100level?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lawyers' Bench: Court Matters & Ors / Poor Remuneration: Mass Exodus Of Officers May Hit Customs / Building A Career In Investment Banking: Please Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.