Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,206 members, 7,836,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 (37003 Views)

See The Plate Of Rice I Bought For #400 / High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 / Corn And Pear Cake Designed By A Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by Omoluabi16(m): 7:19pm On Sep 18, 2021
Yes oh! That's how they shed it. I made that mistake of visiting the market for this pear.The Avocado is even worse. Just one seed ranges between 250 and 400. For a perishable good, you would think these traders go ginger to sell cheaper.
Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by joelsteron: 7:20pm On Sep 18, 2021
If they can't utilized this eNaira they want to launch to minimize the oppression n poverty in this country, Like make 1eNaira equal to 2dollars or so.

Then I will conclude its for selfish interest not for Nigerians.

I'm also hoping they will launch the currency by giving giving out Airdrops (just like other new digital money does) to Nigerian university student with the school's database.

If not just look for a way to leave the country.
Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by boom99(m): 7:20pm On Sep 18, 2021
It's good for 400 na. It's more than 500 here
Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by Bngf: 7:20pm On Sep 18, 2021
Hmmm
Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by Femijohn198: 7:23pm On Sep 18, 2021
Bros that #400, Na 4m for here, buhari don scatter Nigeria ooo
Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 18, 2021
It is costly in your area. I bought up to 20 pieces of pear for just #100 naira in enugu
Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by Lastmankc(m): 7:26pm On Sep 18, 2021
You should be probe for affording #400 to buy that stuff
Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by Mypeople2(m): 7:26pm On Sep 18, 2021
Nbotee:
Talk true, where u see 400 take buy only pear??
Hahahahaha He is not even happy that he has N400 to buy it when government is paying graduate N30k, that is meant for transportation .Where will such a person have N400 to buy pear ?

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by sylve11: 7:27pm On Sep 18, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
At that rate you're supposed to wear full isi agu regalia, wrapper & staff before eating that delicacy because right now, you are the only one on Nairaland with such money...

grin cool
Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by Angelfrost(m): 7:27pm On Sep 18, 2021
400 Naira wey most Nigerians dey find to take knack "better" one "square" meal na Op finish on top pear...

This is ostentatious living! Complete show-off in these harsh times. undecided

2 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by November24(f): 7:29pm On Sep 18, 2021
TheGiftedOne:
I love eating cooked corn with African pear, hence I use to buy raw ones to save cost. I feel that corn sellers sell prepared ones for inflated prices because customers have no choice than to buy from them. So I buy raw ones and take home with cooked corn, to sit down and enjoy myself.

Today I bought the ones in these pictures, twelve(12) in pieces for #400. It was told #500 initially but my bargain brought it to #400. Na so things come dey cost? This country tire person ooo. If not for the love of it I for no buy seriously. Anyway I'm in Benin presently, how much would this same amount and size cost in your area?

Dem cheat you bros. I'm in same Benin.
I won't buy that at New Benin for 300 naira.
Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by tnerro1(m): 7:29pm On Sep 18, 2021
Mercychen:
Where Biko?

I like this thing?? Especially with cooked corn.

Chai, I like mine with roasted corn, we even have the tree in the compound in the village, grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by Slizzords: 7:32pm On Sep 18, 2021
I say make I jog enter market today na him I say make I whine the trader , seller come tell me say 5kg of ororo na 5k . Haaa shocked shocked omorr I shock o, I jejely buy 1/2 bottle of 350naira. This country is fvcked

2 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by agabaI23(m): 7:32pm On Sep 18, 2021
TheGiftedOne:
I love eating cooked corn with African pear, hence I use to buy raw ones to save cost. I feel that corn sellers sell prepared ones for inflated prices because customers have no choice than to buy from them. So I buy raw ones and take home with cooked corn, to sit down and enjoy myself.

Today I bought the ones in these pictures, twelve(12) in pieces for #400. It was told #500 initially but my bargain brought it to #400. Na so things come dey cost? This country tire person ooo. If not for the love of it I for no buy seriously. Anyway I'm in Benin presently, how much would this same amount and size cost in your area?

This is the middle of September ffs. You don't expect to get a basket of it for400.

Use another example sir that fits

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by Mypeople2(m): 7:34pm On Sep 18, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Waste of money lipsrsealed. That 400h wey you take buy that rubbish,na half basket of garri money be that for warri lipsrsealed

Bros where you say see N400 as half basket of garri?
Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by nurudeen181(m): 7:36pm On Sep 18, 2021
how much you dey buy am before?
Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by fortune1968: 7:37pm On Sep 18, 2021
inoki247:
Na around August b diz post when Dollar neva hit 570 go try buy am for market now maybe them go give you reach 4...
Wetin konsan dollar for this now ? African pear na import ?
Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by Bukden16(m): 7:38pm On Sep 18, 2021
Isn't these "Plenti"...?

Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by bunnae(f): 7:40pm On Sep 18, 2021
Munzy14:

Still cheap....cheesy

It is 50naira per one in my area.
Nigeria is so hard at the moment. I buy 3 for 50 naira here and i dey always vex with the seller. People just dey lose weight anyhow for my area. Hungerbad!

2 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by Adeolaeniola(m): 7:43pm On Sep 18, 2021
Oga go check the price again,e go don increase because na Sept we dey so

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by bunnae(f): 7:43pm On Sep 18, 2021
fortune1968:
Wetin konsan dollar for this now ? African pear na import ?
So you don't know that the consistent fall in the naira affects all goods. Will the pear seller not buy other goods from the money he gets from his pear? If his selling price doesn't rise according to the rise in the dollar how would he survive? Everything is expensive, its even hard to blame the traders at the moment sef.
Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by chatinent: 7:46pm On Sep 18, 2021
It's ₦300 in my location.

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by Lavisha(f): 7:48pm On Sep 18, 2021
SimplyFacts:

Here is another food combination I find so weird.
The OP wan form poch, but e don cast.
Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by HEAVEN4444: 7:49pm On Sep 18, 2021
so a man farmed and watched this thing grow for many months and then transported it to the market and hawked it and you bought all 12 pairs for only 400 naira ? so how do you expect the seller to survive when you bought 12 for only 400 naira and yet you are still complaining ? i will be willing to give the guy 1000 for everything you just bought. maybe i need to move away from lagos. i know people who eat lunch in this lagos with 20,000 naira. just one meal in fancy restaurant.

2 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by Munzy14(m): 7:54pm On Sep 18, 2021
bunnae:

Nigeria is so hard at the moment. I buy 3 for 50 naira here and i dey always vex with the seller. People just dey lose weight anyhow for my area. Hungerbad!
The situation is scary....I wonder how beggars are surviving...

Too many cooperate beggars on the street.

Way back that pear, 100 naira you go lick pear tire...

But this year is something else...Av stopped eating corn and pear when it became addiction...Literally I was doing daily contribution for the woman that sell corn and pear at the junction..grin

3 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by Yuneehk(f): 7:54pm On Sep 18, 2021
PointZerom:
You're right even here in Okota we buy 3 for #100.
That's because it's Okota. I'm sure there are other places you'll get more for that price, e.g. Cele.
Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by Blissbath(f): 7:55pm On Sep 18, 2021
Op,where do u stay?? because our side dat pearr is 100 naira n is more dan dat
TheGiftedOne:

Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by Lewisdinho(m): 7:56pm On Sep 18, 2021
For Uyo this na 100 naira
Even used it with coconut rice days ago grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by Lewisdinho(m): 7:58pm On Sep 18, 2021
That's one of my favourite
SimplyFacts:

Here is another food combination I find so weird.
Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by Southeast21: 7:58pm On Sep 18, 2021
You go soon hear cut corn for me.
Nobody dey eat full corn for Nija
Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by Yuhnick(m): 8:01pm On Sep 18, 2021
I brought times two of this for #200 last week.
Re: High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 by Yuhnick(m): 8:02pm On Sep 18, 2021
Na you them scam!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Onion I Bought For #100 / Cowbell Or Peak Milk? / How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.