Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,423 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! (4347 Views)

Can I Study Doctor In OAU With 106 JAMB Score?: Guy Asks; Gets Hilarious Replies / My Waec Gce Result Without Any Expo What Course Can I Study? / Private schools in Rwanda close down as public schools become more attractive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! by tymdan(m): 3:04am On Aug 04, 2021
I studied computer engineering at FUTMinna, before that i tried unsuccessfully to gain admission in FUTMinna between 2007-2009, i had to study intermediate/diploma in computing at the IC T Center at Gidan Kwano, then also had to undergo a Remedial program at the Remedial center, near back gate bosso campus when Dr. Sadauki was the Head of the Remedial center, i finally got admitted when Prof. M. S. Audu was VC after i pleaded with him while sending him all my previous JAMB/Post Jam b scores for the past 3years which i always met and surpassed the cut-off point. Most of my Indigenous friends then where admitted ahead of me. One Mrs Kolo at the DVC office in Boss advised me to go back to my state. Well i was finally admitted in 2010 for Computer engineering, i left in 2014, while in school i set up my own business registered with CAC in Markudi with main office in Abuja. In 2019 i arrived Rwanda to grab a bachelors in Enterprise management from institut de enseignement superiieur d'Ruhengeri (University of Applied Sciences).

While Rwanda is does not present you the many opportunities many students may seek in other climes, especially with those with study cum greener pastures in mind. Rwanda guarantees to offer you a study environment and study conditions you will not find in Nigeria, and as for the "greener pastures" well it is pathway to easily migrate to your dream destination if you are not in a hurry and plan well. I am graduating next year and continuing/furthering my studies too.

I personally do not have the patience to read posts that are somewhat in a semblance of epistles, hence i will leave you with a few points why you should consider studying here and leave you to ponder upon them and contact me if you want to make the right choice.

My reasons are based on the experience at my university INES-Ruhengeri www.ines.ac.rw and a few other universities i have visited and facilitate admissions for others who wish to come to Rwanda.

1. There are no academic strikes, Steady power supply, Rwanda is ranked as having the 3rd best roads in Africa and cleanest city Kigali.

2. Most universities are affiliated to universities in Europe and run Europe styled calendars, admitting twice or thrice yearly, while study methodology involves studying 1 course at a time, do the CAT/TEST and exam of that course, then move on to the next one. You are not overloaded with studying many things at the same time which causes failure, emphasis is on understanding and not passing, with most classes less than 40 students, utilizing the latest technologies.

3. Bye bye to JAMB, POST-JAMB or IJMB. Once you contact me all you need is WAEC or NECO, I check if you are qualified to study here, then i can start the process of the conversion into Rwanda educational system and do all the necessary arrangements on your behalf within 3weeks your admission letter should be out.

4. You don not require a visa until u arrive, flight it 4hours from Lagos, the visa fee for students is less than 20,000naira yearly, courses are as cheap as 250,000Naira per year. Off-campus accommodation is about 200,000Naira yearly for a 1-Bedroom apartment, (depending on the city), food is cheap, and you will rather cook by yourself as Rwandans do not like a lot of spices or even palm oil. Security is also guaranteed except for hoodrats who create holes in walls of houses to steal kitchen items, footwear and clothes in insecure neighbourhoods (so where u decide to stay matters). It is advisable to live a compound which is not 100% student occupied.

5. Weather in my city (Musanze) is so clement, i have never experienced any temperature above 23 Degrees centigrade (you can google it), you will rarely find electronic shops of Air conditioners, fan or fridge, as a matter of fact palm oil is sold in kilograms as most things are because it is always.

6. You will not get hourly paid jobs here as a student like europe, but the bright side is that is you have a skill and some little capital you can set up something, you can work for someone who needs your skill, if you are into any remote work, this is the place for you, cos steady power and internet and peace of mind comes in hand. There is a growing community of international students from different countries of the world.

7. If you have criminal intentions don't bother dreaming of coming to Rwanda. When you commit a crime here, prison is within 24hours, be you a citizen or not. Nothing like police case or waste of time for court processes. (most of the time) People are never be arrested if evidence has not been built against them in Rwanda. Security is quite efficient here and corruption is near zero.

I will drop a few pictures of a tour of our schools by some of my pals from 9ja, when they visited Rwanda, pictures of my class mates, eelctric motorcycle in Rwanda, my campus and many more...

I tweet at www.twitter.com/tymdan__ or c.h.at me on: plus two five zero seven eight four nine nine zero five four one.

See a video courses at my school here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpNELReXQfw

2 Likes

Re: I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! by tymdan(m): 3:05am On Aug 04, 2021
More pics

Re: I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! by tymdan(m): 3:06am On Aug 04, 2021
more pics

Re: I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! by tymdan(m): 3:08am On Aug 04, 2021
more pics

Re: I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! by tymdan(m): 3:10am On Aug 04, 2021
more pics

Re: I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! by Emmanuel909090: 5:34am On Aug 04, 2021
Nice
Re: I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! by Jestin: 5:35am On Aug 04, 2021
Na to come furrk their girls there na.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! by phemmyfour: 5:43am On Aug 04, 2021
Very neat and conducive atmosphere...naija which way

11 Likes

Re: I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! by Onyenna(m): 5:57am On Aug 04, 2021
Neat....Conducive and serene environment......

7 Likes

Re: I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! by LordofNaija: 6:14am On Aug 04, 2021
Rwanda kwa, na so the matter don't reach?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! by taretoofine(m): 6:16am On Aug 04, 2021
The difference between Nigeria and Rwanda is vision

Naija still dey battle ASUU strike

5 Likes

Re: I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! by BigYash: 6:45am On Aug 04, 2021
This one wen you don dey count their girls so,come cut hair like Benin chiefs grin Op go just dey sing Tekno's song for him mind,after reading my comment.. grin
Allow me to enjoyment myself.. Allow me to enjoy myself..
On a more serious note.. Op that environment looks good.. Congratulations op, for escaping assu strike and this useless government policies over here ...

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! by WoeBetide666: 6:52am On Aug 04, 2021
Rwanda? Haba naw

3 Likes

Re: I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! by RomanGreen: 7:10am On Aug 04, 2021
WoeBetide666:
Rwanda? Haba naw

Yes Rwanda, you need to see the magic of Paul Kagame and that's why the west hates him but then again, Paul Kagame has been able to transform his country with little resources while Nigerian politicians are busy buying properties abroad. Honestly Nigerian leaders are cursed, how they amass wealth they can't consume even till the 3rd generation baffles me.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! by Daevid(m): 7:18am On Aug 04, 2021
Hey bro, can we talk about this? I wish to visit Rwanda for study
Re: I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! by NengiWIDEtoto: 8:06am On Aug 04, 2021
Bro which kind hair style be dis? Abeg barb am

9 Likes

Re: I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! by mikeeze(m): 8:09am On Aug 04, 2021
What are the requirements (cost and documentation ) for msc in Rwanda?
Re: I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! by TheWolfen(m): 8:09am On Aug 04, 2021
Nice
Re: I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! by tymdan(m): 9:15am On Aug 04, 2021
Daevid:
Hey bro, can we talk about this? I wish to visit Rwanda for study

How To reach me dey the post na

1 Like

Re: I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! by tymdan(m): 9:15am On Aug 04, 2021
mikeeze:
What are the requirements (cost and documentation ) for msc in Rwanda?

How to reach me is open for everyone to see buddy
Re: I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! by lkillbrokehoes: 9:16am On Aug 04, 2021
WoeBetide666:
Rwanda? Haba naw
Rwanda is much safer, cleaner and better than Nigeria that have oil resources, just imagine little war torn Rwanda of yesterday? I wish that country had the kind of resources Nigeria have, it would have been competing with top European countries

Our leaders have failed us whole fully.

12 Likes

Re: I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! by tymdan(m): 9:16am On Aug 04, 2021
WoeBetide666:
Rwanda? Haba naw

Well i answer is: "travel n see"
Re: I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! by tymdan(m): 9:17am On Aug 04, 2021
Jestin:
Na to come furrk their girls there na.

Werey �

1 Like

Re: I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! by tymdan(m): 9:39am On Aug 04, 2021
LordofNaija:
Rwanda kwa, na so the matter don't reach?

Read between the lines, there are even Europeans from Italy, Netherlands, etc in my university.

Does it mean the education reading or standard is better overall?

I guess no!

Everything is about choice, study environment and learning outcomes.

If what you need is inside a hole won't you dig down? Get It and leave the hole?
Re: I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! by Nuelito: 10:48am On Aug 04, 2021
Nice article... thanks for sharing

1 Like

Re: I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! by Coldie(m): 11:05am On Aug 04, 2021
Why can't Rwandans come and study in Nigeria
Re: I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! by falcon01: 11:11am On Aug 04, 2021
No
Re: I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! by tymdan(m): 11:14am On Aug 04, 2021
Coldie:
Why can't Rwandans come and study in Nigeria

You have the access to internet just as they have.

Showcase what u have to offer.

Let people make their choices.

Have a nice day.

2 Likes

Re: I Study In Rwanda, You Should Too! by porthouse7(f): 12:32pm On Aug 04, 2021
I transit via air Rwanda from Jo'burg years back, from wat I saw glancing d city from d airport I knw d country mean business

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra State University, Uli. Ansu / Nigerian Students Visit To Tank Bund "Statue Of Budha" In India (pics) / A Student Scores 107 In Jamb And Gets Admission To Study Med/sug In Obafemi Awol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.