Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,297 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

RCCG Pastor, Bolanle Ibrahim Killed Inside Church In Lagos (Photo) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG Pastor, Bolanle Ibrahim Killed Inside Church In Lagos (Photo) (72805 Views)

Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) / Lagos Socialite - Kayode Badru Burnt Inside Church / 'Hot Slap Parade' Inside Church By Boys And Girls (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

RCCG Pastor, Bolanle Ibrahim Killed Inside Church In Lagos (Photo) by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 9:21am On Aug 04, 2021
Gunmen Kill RCCG Pastor On Pulpit In Lagos
Posted

A Pastor with the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Bolanle Ibrahim has been killed by suspected assailants in his church at the Mile 12 area of Lagos State. The deceased, who was an assistant pastor at the King of King parish of the Church, at Maidan village, was said to be praying for mothers and their children during their child dedication when the suspected assailants stormed the church.

It was gathered that the gunmen went into the church during the service, tried to drag Ibrahim out, but another senior pastor in the church approached them and demanded what they wanted from him. The deceased aunt, Mrs. Justina Alebiosu who spoke with our correspondent said when the senior pastor was asking the assailants who they were; they hit him with the butt of their gun in his mouth.

Alebiosu said what happened to her brother was a clear case of hired assassination, “even before they killed him, they showed him his picture to identify if he was actually the right person they came for.” She said: “his death was an unfortunate one, we have lost a gentleman, it was true we were born as Muslims, but we converted to Christianity. My thinking is that my brother had busi-ness transaction with someone.

“I was told when the assailants wanted to drag him out of the pulpit where he was praying for women who brought their children for dedication, he begged them to kill him there and that was where he was eventually killed by the gunmen.” She added that, “the assailants also threatened to shoot any of the members of the church who dare come close to them.

“We still have an aged mother, and his wife just gave birth, his children are still young. I am appealing to the state Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu to release his remains for us to bury, presently we are all down morally, because of his sudden death.” The distraught wife of the deceased, Mrs. Kudirat Ibrahim said on the fateful day her husband was killed, he was fasting. She said for the period they courted she never suspected her husband to be a cultist, wondering where people heard that he was a cult member, “what they are saying about him are blatant lies, my late husband was a man of God and he served him to his death.

“I wasn’t at home on the fateful day of the incident, I went to take care of my sick mother at the hospital, I had no premonition about his death, after the deed was done, nobody called to inform me. “I never knew my husband had been killed, I was still busy calling him to bring something for me from home, not knowing that he had already been killed, whenever I called him the person who is picking his call kept telling me my husband is preaching, it was later around 7pm that my elder brother came to break the news to me about the gruesome murder of my beloved husband.”

The bereaved age mother, Mrs. Agnes Ogunowo who spoke with our correspondent said the gunmen have taken away her son and her friend from her. Ogunowo said they bid each bye when they were going to church on the fateful Sunday. “I am a member of Catholic, but he attends Redeemed Christian Church of God and he was the assis-tant pastor of the Church, I still don’t understand why they killed my son. He was an easy going person. “My son has a new baby we are yet to take to church for dedication, now my son is no more. I want to appeal to the police to get involved in my son’s death, arrest and prosecute them.

I want God to expose those behind it, I cannot bear his death.”

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/gunmen-kill-rccg-pastor-on-pulpit-in-lagos/

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Pastor, Bolanle Ibrahim Killed Inside Church In Lagos (Photo) by gentlestdude(m): 9:23am On Aug 04, 2021
NaijaCoverBlog:
Update From . COM

Source:
what's this abi you don drink kaikai this early morning.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Pastor, Bolanle Ibrahim Killed Inside Church In Lagos (Photo) by Hezzyluv: 9:24am On Aug 04, 2021
NaijaCoverBlog:
Update From . COM

Source:

9ja cover don land

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RCCG Pastor, Bolanle Ibrahim Killed Inside Church In Lagos (Photo) by DoctorDree(m): 9:35am On Aug 04, 2021
RIP
Re: RCCG Pastor, Bolanle Ibrahim Killed Inside Church In Lagos (Photo) by lkillbrokehoes: 10:01am On Aug 04, 2021
If you have money just leave that Godforsaken country, the only thing Nigeria have to offer is early death.

94 Likes

Re: RCCG Pastor, Bolanle Ibrahim Killed Inside Church In Lagos (Photo) by paulolee(m): 10:51am On Aug 04, 2021
killing a pastor inside a church on top d alter??
our GOD is a merciful GOD indeed....
this wickedness hardly happen to a common herbalist in his shrine...
sometimes I think its better for GOD to strike them
down immediately because this act is too barbaric....
what's d fate of his members knowing dt thier own pastor leader was killed
inside the church on d alter of d lord??
I don't see any need waiting for karma or letta for dis act to b punished or was d pastor a
fake MOG??
they say our GOD works in a mysterious way, vengeance is of the
Lord and the ways of GOD aint d ways of men...wat do I know?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Pastor, Bolanle Ibrahim Killed Inside Church In Lagos (Photo) by Karlovych: 10:52am On Aug 04, 2021
embarassed embarassed Despite his conversion and fasting he was still killed inside his church which is supposed to be a refuge according to the holy book, RIP to him and may his family have the strength to bear the loss. Abrahamic religions won't save you

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: RCCG Pastor, Bolanle Ibrahim Killed Inside Church In Lagos (Photo) by paulolee(m): 10:52am On Aug 04, 2021
NaijaCoverBlog:

See More Photos Via www.. com
click to see.more photo n news of bad news abi?? no need bcoz even d country generally na bad news full am n we don tire

15 Likes

Re: RCCG Pastor, Bolanle Ibrahim Killed Inside Church In Lagos (Photo) by paulolee(m): 10:53am On Aug 04, 2021
SuccessForce:
Udoka and bad news are like 5 and 6
na hustle bro...d same way footballers dey hustle do bar, at least e use e PC n data run hustle legally than to use am bomb China agents online..

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Pastor, Bolanle Ibrahim Killed Inside Church In Lagos (Photo) by paulolee(m): 10:54am On Aug 04, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
If you have money just leave that Godforsaken country, the only thing Nigeria have to offer is early death.
easier said than done,...person never see food chop na to de plan traveling tinz....na small small shaa

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RCCG Pastor, Bolanle Ibrahim Killed Inside Church In Lagos (Photo) by sunshineV(f): 11:12am On Aug 04, 2021
it safe to say religion offers zero protection.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RCCG Pastor, Bolanle Ibrahim Killed Inside Church In Lagos (Photo) by tutudesz: 11:56am On Aug 04, 2021
shocked
Re: RCCG Pastor, Bolanle Ibrahim Killed Inside Church In Lagos (Photo) by Revolva(m): 11:56am On Aug 04, 2021
Maybe sharing formula gone wrong

7 Likes

Re: RCCG Pastor, Bolanle Ibrahim Killed Inside Church In Lagos (Photo) by JosephXavier: 11:56am On Aug 04, 2021
This is the height of it all

A thorough investigation should be conducted to fish out what might have been the reason for such an extreme measure

Killing a pastor inside the church while service us going on?

8 Likes

Re: RCCG Pastor, Bolanle Ibrahim Killed Inside Church In Lagos (Photo) by Joshintua(m): 11:56am On Aug 04, 2021
That’s seriously serious. RIP to the dead.
Re: RCCG Pastor, Bolanle Ibrahim Killed Inside Church In Lagos (Photo) by Tobinrobin(m): 11:56am On Aug 04, 2021
Wow that’s crazy
Re: RCCG Pastor, Bolanle Ibrahim Killed Inside Church In Lagos (Photo) by EricSmallz(m): 11:56am On Aug 04, 2021
This particular News Reporters should change their name to BadNews 9ja

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RCCG Pastor, Bolanle Ibrahim Killed Inside Church In Lagos (Photo) by BobbyZrealist(m): 11:57am On Aug 04, 2021
Naija!!

A country where the citizens are killed,kidnapped and harassed.
And the Thieves,terrorists and killers are celebrated and shielded.
What a shame!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Pastor, Bolanle Ibrahim Killed Inside Church In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 04, 2021
Hmmmmm!

Humans are evil... Especially in this part of the world!

1 Like

Re: RCCG Pastor, Bolanle Ibrahim Killed Inside Church In Lagos (Photo) by TheEnygma(m): 11:57am On Aug 04, 2021
Na wah oh
Re: RCCG Pastor, Bolanle Ibrahim Killed Inside Church In Lagos (Photo) by Triangles1(m): 11:57am On Aug 04, 2021
Some people believes forgiveness is a sin, only God know what went wrong.
Re: RCCG Pastor, Bolanle Ibrahim Killed Inside Church In Lagos (Photo) by freshkpomo(m): 11:57am On Aug 04, 2021

lipsrsealed

Same thing happened in Edo some 5 - 6 years back, and he was not the first. But it was a winners Pastor. Then I discovered something, these big churches run their system like the way our normal politics is. If you are too good and you get in their way,they will pluck you out either by transfer to another branch or by transfer to heaven because there is so much money involved and people get angry if you get in their way. I saw this too with some MFM elders and CHURCH OF GOD MISSION (Idahosa's Church).

Alternatively, he might have been a case of a retired cultist who later repented. Those who killed him will not know peace though, their death will be more painful in the hands of herdsmen.

Amen.

Please support my signature, let's do this together.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Pastor, Bolanle Ibrahim Killed Inside Church In Lagos (Photo) by inoki247: 11:57am On Aug 04, 2021
Assassin a Pastor shey dem wan colet him post ni or he get info for hand....

1 Like

Re: RCCG Pastor, Bolanle Ibrahim Killed Inside Church In Lagos (Photo) by Cof1ex(m): 11:57am On Aug 04, 2021
cry
Re: RCCG Pastor, Bolanle Ibrahim Killed Inside Church In Lagos (Photo) by airminem(f): 11:57am On Aug 04, 2021
This is what happens when there is too much hunger in the land

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Pastor, Bolanle Ibrahim Killed Inside Church In Lagos (Photo) by Mopolchi: 11:57am On Aug 04, 2021
Chai
Re: RCCG Pastor, Bolanle Ibrahim Killed Inside Church In Lagos (Photo) by LaSenior: 11:57am On Aug 04, 2021
angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Acquires New Helicopter Worth N2.5 Billion / Bishop David Oyedepo Dancing Azonto (PHOTO) / Video Of How Synagogue Church Guest House Collasped Plus Aircraft Hovering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.