Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager (10603 Views)

South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali / Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' / Real Madrid Re-Appoints Zinedine Zidane As Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager by Bekermann(m): 12:25am On Aug 05, 2021
Yes I agree, they weren't big names. I do tell Barca fans that it's Guardiola that helped Pique. He was sold to Barca because Sir Alex felt Johnny Evans was a better defender.

Ayo2004:

Pique wasn't a big name (I don't think he played up to 10 games in the league for man u sef),neither was Alves,pep must have seen talent in them..

2 Likes

Re: Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager by Ayo2004: 12:34am On Aug 05, 2021
Bekermann:
Yes I agree, they weren't big names. I do tell Barca fans that it's Guardiola that helped Pique. He was sold to Barca because Sir Alex felt Johnny Evans was a better defender.

Yeah...
I started watching football in 2009
2009 Barcelona remains the best team I have ever watched and I believe Guardiola played a big influence
I don't know why any real football fan can say that guy is an oil money fraud

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager by Sebu414: 12:37am On Aug 05, 2021
Ok
Re: Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager by Bekermann(m): 12:46am On Aug 05, 2021
Ayo2004:

Yeah...
I started watching football in 2009
2009 Barcelona remains the best team I have ever watched and I believe Guardiola played a big influence
I don't know why any real football fan can say that guy is an oil money fraud

Lol. He's a genius no doubt, but his tinkering sometimes is too much. That FC Bayern team of 2020 is the best I've seen.

1 Like

Re: Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager by Shegzy8(m): 2:43am On Aug 05, 2021
Gwizatasie:
When Pep Guardiola conquered europe by winning the sextuple in 2008/2009 season can you tell me the big player he bought or the big money move he had?, this was at time barcelona went trophyless a season before. He had to make do with what he has by bringing out the best in his players available to him and also giving guys in the academy like Sergio Bousquet, Pedro, Pique etc chance to proof themselves, who later turned out to be world class, Iniesta and co weren't really renowned not until Guardiola gave them more playing, many of you usually think Guardiola only performs when given cash to buy players forgetting he made history by building one of the world finest squad to grace the game without really spending much and also coming with no prior top team coaching career as he was only the coach of Barcelona B before he was appointed to be the head coach of Barcelona FC.

Also sold world class players!! Ronaldinho and Eto

3 Likes

Re: Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager by Emperormartin(m): 3:54am On Aug 05, 2021
Shegzy8:

Also sold world class players!! Ronaldinho and Eto
Including Deco.
The main matter here is man utd fans don't like pep guardiola. It still surprises them to this day that a young Barcelona coach in his early 30's can beat an all round experience Ferguson not once but twice in champions league final...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager by manunitedbabes: 5:03am On Aug 05, 2021
Good luck to him
Re: Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager by Sunkyapogee(m): 5:13am On Aug 05, 2021
Emperormartin:
He's a world class gaffer but man utd fans don't like him
He sold Rafael, chicarito, Van Persie, Nani..who does that

1 Like

Re: Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager by tishbite41(m): 5:16am On Aug 05, 2021
Sunkyapogee:

This was the beginning of Man U's problems.
If Mou met these guys, the story would have been different.
Re: Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager by tishbite41(m): 5:17am On Aug 05, 2021
Emperormartin:

Including Deco.
The main matter here is man utd fans don't like pep guardiola. It still surprises them to this day that a young Barcelona coach in his early 30's can beat an all round experience Ferguson not once but twice in champions league final...
Tuchel just schooled him free of charge.

Mou schooled him with an old Inter. Don't forget that.
Re: Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager by Caseless: 6:05am On Aug 05, 2021
Visocrate:
Hope you move the club forward and bring trophies home
club?
Re: Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager by Caseless: 6:06am On Aug 05, 2021
paulolee:
wish him well....some coaches are perfectly made for just country sides n others for club sides
its hard to find such coach dt can perform well in both country n club
Marcelo lippi did it. Guus Hiddink did it.
Re: Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager by Doyou2019: 6:16am On Aug 05, 2021
Visocrate:

Nigerians don't read.
Re: Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager by paulolee(m): 6:30am On Aug 05, 2021
Gwizatasie:
When Pep Guardiola conquered europe by winning the sextuple in 2008/2009 season can you tell me the big player he bought or the big money move he had?, this was at time barcelona went trophyless a season before. He had to make do with what he has by bringing out the best in his players available to him and also giving guys in the academy like Sergio Bousquet, Pedro, Pique etc chance to proof themselves, who later turned out to be world class, Iniesta and co weren't really renowned not until Guardiola gave them more playing, many of you usually think Guardiola only performs when given cash to buy players forgetting he made history by building one of the world finest squad to grace the game without really spending much and also coming with no prior top team coaching career as he was only the coach of Barcelona B before he was appointed to be the head coach of Barcelona FC.
sure but those legs were at their peak n having a younger messi, Xavi, iniesta, busquets, alves, puyol n pique was a big advantage
even Enrique did treble too, d late Tito vialanova won trophies too, barca were so superb n can better an average coach
dt barca is a big different from a gathering of jokers we currently have right now..
pep really did well in placing more trust in young stars BT such gamble hardly works now dt money have taken over....
d Same pep just landed grealish for 100m to jus his star studded city n d same pep hardly promote fielders in dis city regime apart from foden...all his first eleven are bought with cash or at u telling me dt d same city dt Garcia n Sancho was sold from don't av quality fielders??
pep did a gamble bk den in barca, he knew almost all those LA masia kids, he trusted DM n d gamble paid off
Re: Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager by amstamon: 6:44am On Aug 05, 2021
Gwizatasie:
Na rubbish u dey yarn. Same guadiola dat met a ready made team and even excess that he had to let some players like Ronaldinho, deco, even eto but the African get strong head so he chose to stay.
U sef think am, how person no go buy players and still pursue some players away? Na because better players at their peak plenty for ground na.
OK now tell me, why u think say him japa? Na simply because the players are tired, real Madrid and athletico are in form and trophies are not coming in, even barca sef no get much money to spent on big players after wasting money on zlatan deal.
Same thing with bayern where he ran to, those one no ready to buy big names outside bundesliga because dey own the league, hence the scarcity of champion league trophies.
Pep no sabi nothing except money dey. If e sure for am make him leave mancity go arsenal grin.
Stupid coach dat has no plan B. Imagine the tactics a whole coach used in the final with chelsea? Parading a team without natural '4' and '9' and u Wan win? Only fools would do such.
Still wondering why mancity still keeping him after greanlish 100million proposal. U no win CL u still Wan buy 100m over hyped player after all the millions club don spent. Try that with Madrid if dem born u well grin grin
Re: Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager by nwajesus12(m): 6:48am On Aug 05, 2021
EbenezerTriumph:
long overdue.
I hope he revamps this dead team.
I miss Arjen Robben, RVP, Dirk Kuyt and Klas Jan Huntelaar
sneider embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager by BakingPowder247: 6:55am On Aug 05, 2021
He's is good coach
Re: Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager by amstamon: 7:30am On Aug 05, 2021
Bekermann:

And he's still a better defender than pique even till now. Still an important player with liecester

1 Like

Re: Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager by EbenezerTriumph: 8:01am On Aug 05, 2021
nwajesus12:
sneider embarassed
I hate that guy, he missed penalty against Argentina that saw them lost out in the world cup semi finals.
that thing still dey pain me ehn embarassed
Re: Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager by OgaNurse: 8:25am On Aug 05, 2021
I just hope he won't recall Van Presie and Arjen Robben back to win.
Re: Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager by Bekermann(m): 8:43am On Aug 05, 2021
Sunkyapogee:

Van Persie was aging, Chicharito wasn't so good on the ball (reason he signed Marcos Rojo and Daley Blind. They're ball-playing center-backs) Darmian brought in to replace Rafael has more defensive discipline and Di Maria no doubt is a better player than Nani, but he could cope with the English weather and tradition, hence he flopped.
Re: Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager by themanderon: 9:00am On Aug 05, 2021
paulolee:
wish him well....some coaches are perfectly made for just country sides n others for club sides
its hard to find such coach dt can perform well in both country n club

Mancini did it for both Italy and man city.
Re: Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager by Tecno66: 10:25am On Aug 05, 2021
Visocrate:
Club?
Re: Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager by Hapinex01: 10:34am On Aug 05, 2021
Mr philosophy
Re: Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager by Gwizatasie: 12:03pm On Aug 05, 2021
amstamon:

Na rubbish u dey yarn. Same guadiola dat met a ready made team and even excess that he had to let some players like Ronaldinho, deco, even eto but the African get strong head so he chose to stay.
U sef think am, how person no go buy players and still pursue some players away? Na because better players at their peak plenty for ground na.
OK now tell me, why u think say him japa? Na simply because the players are tired, real Madrid and athletico are in form and trophies are not coming in, even barca sef no get much money to spent on big players after wasting money on zlatan deal.
Same thing with bayern where he ran to, those one no ready to buy big names outside bundesliga because dey own the league, hence the scarcity of champion league trophies.
Pep no sabi nothing except money dey. If e sure for am make him leave mancity go arsenal grin.
Stupid coach dat has no plan B. Imagine the tactics a whole coach used in the final with chelsea? Parading a team without natural '4' and '9' and u Wan win? Only fools would do such.
Still wondering why mancity still keeping him after greanlish 100million proposal. U no win CL u still Wan buy 100m over hyped player after all the millions club don spent. Try that with Madrid if dem born u well grin grin
Is like you've not been following up with the thread from the beginning. You talked about a ready made team? A team that came third in the league not even second for a barcelona level. Someone that chased the top players then, Ronaldinho Deco etc, (the main hearts of the team at that particular point in time. Someone that later later chased Yaya Toure for a yet to be established Sergio. The Dani Alves he bought was the major signing he made that year and Daniel Alves at that time wasn't really fully established. Even as at when he came The king Messi was yet to win a Balloon D'or Pique was a returned loanee from Manchester United. Iniesta and Xavi started becoming a force to reckon with in the world as a result of his tactics and brilliance even those guys still say it till tommorow, bringing up guys he has worked with in Lamasia to the first team. It was during Guardiola's time as coach most of those players became more popular and forces to reckon with in the football world. Òmó anyways you're entitled to your opinion, Zlantan deal was a swap deal and some million dollars added. The gist is that when you're big you're big. If those big teams don't see something they like in guardiola they won't call for his services because they feel that he has what he got to take their team to the next level. You talked about him coaching arsenal, if Arsenal has his money to pay and are guaranteed of european football y not? Na people like you dey always get mindset of you have to struggle unnecessarily hard before you make it. Òmó guardiola is good and he has proven that overtime, personally I think he is the best tactician the game has ever seen, those if una wey criticize am say y him no use DM and pure 9 for final against if to say that formula work you no go dey talk all this. It is just football you don't win always.

1 Like

Re: Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager by mushroomFarm: 1:16pm On Aug 05, 2021
paulolee:

ur opinion BT I tink winning trophies isnt a good yardstick to measure d success of a coach bcoz some coach met a made team n others met a hard one
do example pep won trophies with barca easily bcoz d players were on their peak n d Same PEp would struggle to win one if he returns to this current barca. why u tink say Xavi de run from barca??
You be mumu.
Re: Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager by BROWNEMMANUEL26: 3:57pm On Aug 05, 2021
Emperormartin:

If pep goes back to Barca he knows the type of players to assemble to enable win trophies.
A good coach is a good coach.
Na u get time to dey reply that man u fan, van gal spent how many years and won a trophy but how has ole won.
The same thing the did mou and yet ole is yet to win a cup not talk of trophy

1 Like

Re: Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager by Shegzy8(m): 4:12pm On Aug 05, 2021
Emperormartin:

Including Deco.

Lol...quite true

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

NPFL Winner To Pocket N80m / Meet Apollo Crews. The Future WWE Champion Who Is NIGERIAN / Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.