Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga (42145 Views)

FIFA Sanctions Nigeria Over World Cup Fracas In Abuja / Tokyo Olympics: PUMA Terminates Contract With Nigeria / Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga by rayvelez(m): 12:13am On Aug 05, 2021
Has anything been working in dis failed state Nigeria, ordinary Jersey that our aba boys go make within days they carried am go Qatar all because of embezzlement smh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga by stanliwise(m): 12:14am On Aug 05, 2021
NGpatriot:

Very silly of you not to show us the terms and conditions in the agreement before spewing your ignorant nonsense.

Get out jare you just like talking nonsense. We just always behave uncoordinated in the eyes of the world and a small company like puma is retracting contract from us. The sad part of the story is the we are the one that signed and breached the deal.

Get a life bro

11 Likes

Re: PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga by Doyou2019: 12:16am On Aug 05, 2021
NGpatriot:
It's safe to conclude that Nigeria raised too many uneducated and extremely ignorant youths. They don't read, they don't research and definitely are intellectually bankrupt, all they do is camp out on the internet to show the world how dumb and ignorant to they are.

Obviously many if the people talking rubbish in this thread are from the SE, but are they supporting the young man from the SE and the CEO of AFA sports and Nigeria for creating jobs in Nigeria? No, they are shedding tears for puma as if puma is putting bread on their table.

Nigeria really can do without many if you.

No, they're not, they're

Very sad.

Oh so this explains why an Olympic game finalist representing the country had only a jersey for all his troubles. As long as the AFA deal within grasp, it doesn't matter even if our athletes appear in their events naked or not, does it No, that deal is just enough to hide our shame at these games in the comity of nations.
You, my boy, are a smart one. I tell you, you're much smarter than those douchebags in the AFN grin

Alakori, afofungbemu BMC!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga by Godisfaithful: 12:18am On Aug 05, 2021
Anything attached to Buhari is always cursed. Presently, nothing is working in Nigeria and the way it is right now, it is going to keep getting worst and the world is laughing at us. This too shall pass soon. Time for everyone to go their separate ways and reset the beauty and glory of this great country (Biafra, Yoruba Nation, etc)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga by rayvelez(m): 12:20am On Aug 05, 2021
NGpatriot:
1. To start with, Pama knew Nigeria won't be wearing their products because Nigeria decided to go with Nigeria and a Nigeria sports apparel company called AFA sports so of what relevance is PUMA's contract termination?

2. The president himself unveiled Nigeria's Olympic team outfit as AFA sports,a Nigerian company with Nigerian workers and the first African apparel company to partner with the Olympics.

3. Below is the CEO of AFA Sports, Ugo Udezue.

4 It's always sad to see Nigerians and the usual suspects insult and abuse their own country for looking out for Nigerians and Nigerian workers.

5. Going with AFA sports means Nigerian workers are making Olympics team uniforms for Nigerians and getting paid to put food on the table here in Nigeria instead of families somewhere in Europe.

6. Hating your own country in favor of another country even when they are doing something good is sickness and kolo mentality.

7. Your own country produced the first sports apparel company to partner with the Olympics in the history of the Olympics and you are still sad, mad and upset, you are sitting here insulting and abusing your i n country when in fact you should be proud.

I applaud Nigeria and the president for making history by allowing a Nigerian company to be the first in African and to keep money and jobs right here in Africa.

I'm 100% other African countries are going to be our next customers.
Thank u partriotic citizen. So with all d epistles u type here can u now tell us who sign the PUMA contract?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga by Minjim: 12:20am On Aug 05, 2021
NGpatriot:
1. To start with, Pama knew Nigeria won't be wearing their products because Nigeria decided to go with Nigeria and a Nigeria sports apparel company called AFA sports so of what relevance is PUMA's contract termination?

2. The president himself unveiled Nigeria's Olympic team outfit as AFA sports,a Nigerian company with Nigerian workers and the first African apparel company to partner with the Olympics.

4 It's always sad to see Nigerians and the usual suspects insult and abuse their own country for looking out for Nigerians and Nigerian workers.

5. Going with AFA sports means Nigerian workers are making Olympics team uniforms for Nigerians and getting paid to put food on the table here in Nigeria instead of families somewhere in Europe.

6. Hating your own country in favor of another country even when they are doing something good is sickness and kolo mentality.

7. Your own country produced the first sports apparel company to partner with the Olympics in the history of the Olympics and you are still sad, mad and upset, you are sitting here insulting and abusing your i n country when in fact you should be proud.

I applaud Nigeria and the president for making history by allowing a Nigerian company to be the first in African and to keep money and jobs right here in Africa.

I don't think you have the facts of this matter.

1. Why are our basketball team wearing Peak? Check the logo

2. When did we sign the Puma contract and when did we sign the AFA?

3. Which faction of the AFN signed the Puma contract?

4.Did the AFN carry the Ministry along in signing the contract?

What I see here is lack of synergy between the Ministry and various Federations.

5 Likes

Re: PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga by Germi9: 12:27am On Aug 05, 2021
Buhari government are full of shit,they got no style

1 Like

Re: PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga by Minjim: 12:27am On Aug 05, 2021
NGpatriot:

I don't think you have the facts of this matter.

1. Why are our basketball team wearing Peak? Check the logo

2. When did we sign the Puma contract and when did we sign the AFA?

3. Which faction of the AFN signed the Puma contract?

4.Did the AFN carry the Ministry along in signing the contract?

What I see here is lack of synergy between the Ministry and various Federations. What see here is corruption.
The Ministry was unhappy with the Puma contract because it wasn't privy to it.
One contract should have been signed for the whole Olympic team .

1 Like

Re: PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga by habsydiamond(m): 12:28am On Aug 05, 2021
Nigeria even ur head no fit collect free money... Please how Sabi the number of China president make we kuku sell this country give him.... Though I know say with the borrow borrow we don do with them... Even if we sell Nigeria to do, we go still give the more money on top... I pity this jungle mehn
Re: PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga by Sebu414: 12:43am On Aug 05, 2021
Hello
Re: PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga by Splitmind: 12:58am On Aug 05, 2021
This stupid ipobian boy has cost Nigeria millions because of his selfish action. This is why Nigeria should keep Ibos away from anything in this country, they will embarrass us because they hate us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga by Josblack35(m): 1:52am On Aug 05, 2021
Ha everything is failling apart cos the center can not hold..
Re: PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga by nwakibie3(m): 1:57am On Aug 05, 2021
Splitmind:
This stupid ipobian boy has cost Nigeria millions because of his selfish action. This is why Nigeria should keep Ibos away from anything in this country, they will embarrass us because they hate us.

You are senseless

3 Likes

Re: PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga by Totilopussylick(m): 2:00am On Aug 05, 2021
Kolaboluv7:
cry

Why me....?

With all the countries wey full this world na for Nigeria i come find myself..

the last time I checked, the road to other kuntries still are open cheesy
Re: PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga by DoctorStylish: 2:02am On Aug 05, 2021
Everything about this Daft Fulani mans administration is just terrible. A zombie stubborn master. The country itself currently in bad imageboth home and abroad . These so called officials who rejected the offer mostly did that for their own personal gains. If care is not taken we might find it hard to even travel to fellow African countries. This is see finish . Month never even start well.
Meanwhile Abba kyria no drop soap abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga by CHARLOE(m): 2:05am On Aug 05, 2021
Sadly, nobody may be punished and we wonder why things are going from bad to worse! If nobody goes to prison/loses their job after this embarrassment and daylight looting, then i know this country is finished and it's time for a revolution!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga by CSTRR: 2:31am On Aug 05, 2021
Sunday dare is an empty suit.
Re: PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga by samnaija: 2:42am On Aug 05, 2021
NGpatriot:

So is that reason why an athlete has one jersey. You don't get the reason why people are disgusted one jersey to represent Nigeria.
You have even made the athletic federation look bad more so two sponsors and in the end only one jersey for an athlete .. haba

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga by olmoRoc: 3:24am On Aug 05, 2021
tony0806:
The current constitution is our problem. Corruption everywhere

The constitution does not force people to be corrupt. Me thinks Nigerians are just inherently corrupt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga by Aganju849: 3:28am On Aug 05, 2021
NGpatriot:

Very silly of you not to show us the terms and conditions in the agreement before spewing your ignorant nonsense.

Why sign a contract you've got no intention to honour?

Dishonest demons incarnate like yourself are precisely the problem with Nigeria. Always supporting foolishness, stupidity and evil because of your empty belly.

You're such a horrible, infernal creature and mark it, that your hunger will never be satisfied

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga by kingreign(m): 3:29am On Aug 05, 2021
olmoRoc:

The constitution does not force people to be corrupt. Me thinks Nigerians are just inherently corrupt.
Nigerians are desperately wicked, shockingly deceitful and extremely corrupt that even the devil will be as clean and saintly as Christ when compared to them.
Tufiakwa!
Tueh!

3 Likes

Re: PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga by Rilwayne001: 3:50am On Aug 05, 2021
Na for Aba dem go dey make our jersey now
Re: PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga by Fejoku: 3:50am On Aug 05, 2021
[s]
NGpatriot:
It's safe to conclude that Nigeria raised too many uneducated and extremely ignorant youths. They don't read, they don't research and definitely are intellectually bankrupt, all they do is camp out on the internet to show the world how dumb and ignorant to they are.

Obviously many if the people talking rubbish in this thread are from the SE, but are they supporting the young man from the SE and the CEO of AFA sports and Nigeria for creating jobs in Nigeria? No, they are shedding tears for puma as if puma is putting bread on their table.

No, they're not, they're

Very sad.
[/s]
Your useless hatred for the SE can't diminish them by any means. If your greedy management had issued the so called AFA outfit to the athlete, would he have had to depend on just one jersey for an international event? Have Nigerians not faced similar or even worse treatment of neglect from government agencies over the years to believe the possibility of the current allegation? The onus lies of Olympic committee to prove that AFA had fulfilled her obligation to them and show that the claims of the athlete is false on the one hand while on the other, they should absolve Puma of any allegations of not abiding by the contract that was still effective until this current scandal.
Nigeria has proven to be a failed country by all induces of categorisation. There's no single government agency that is working up to even 50% efficiency.

3 Likes

Re: PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga by Cnach: 3:58am On Aug 05, 2021
NGpatriot:

No, they're not, they're

Very sad.
Supporting AFA or not supporting them is that a reason y an athlete should be given a jersey ? And as a reasonable person u claimed aren't u aware that having issues with a company as big as puma has some negative regards to Nigeria sports body?
Some of u claimed to be messiah of education and intellectual but think so straightforward.

2 Likes

Re: PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga by Wokenaija: 4:41am On Aug 05, 2021
Different types of embarrassment because of mismanagement and greed! Everything needs to be changed even the f$&ᴋɪɴɢ name Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:09am On Aug 05, 2021
Lanretoye:
The samsung phone saga self is enough to disqualify nigeria from the Olympics.
Them carry their greed go outside the country

The Jersey not worn might be kept by them to use as a gift back home!

Abokis knows nothing about improvement and development and na them full everywhere!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga by lanocfoods: 5:10am On Aug 05, 2021
Abokis are hellbent on running this country to the ground. Chai 2023 still far oh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga by manunitedbabes: 5:15am On Aug 05, 2021
Fasindo:
shocked

Everything about Nigeria is terminating.

Herdmen are terminating lifes of innocent farmers.
Bandits are terminating lives of travellers and students in Northwest
Boko Haram/ISWAP are terminating lives of innocent people and in North East.
Army/Police are terminating lives of un armed Nigerian youths.
Buhari is terminating the economy and security structure of Nigeria

Now PUMA has joined them to terminate our jerseys contract.

Buhari is hell-bent in terminating the country entirely.

What Buhari can not destroy does not exist

Hahaha abeg easy does it.
Hahahaha it does not exist. Niger wahala pass wahala it self

1 Like

Re: PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga by vicfajeze: 5:19am On Aug 05, 2021
Fasindo:
shocked

Everything about Nigeria is terminating.
Herdmen are terminating lifes of innocent farmers. Bandits are terminating lives of travellers and students in Northwest Boko Haram/ISWAP are terminating lives of innocent people and in North East. Army/Police are terminating lives of un armed Nigerian youths. Buhari is terminating the economy and security structure of Nigeria
Now PUMA has joined them to terminate our jerseys contract.
Buhari is hell-bent in terminating the country entirely.
What Buhari can not destroy does not exist
can he destroy God?

1 Like

Re: PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga by PeachtreeReside(f): 5:27am On Aug 05, 2021
I can't wait to read their defence.

When selfishness and greed is the order of an organisation, this is what happens.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Eden Hazard Blamed For Chelsea’s 6 – 0 Loss To Man City / Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? / Breakdown Of Inter Miami FC's Astounding Offer To Leo Messi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.