Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,796 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Kalahari Red Crossbreeds - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Kalahari Red Crossbreeds (3475 Views)

Kalahari Red Hybrid Project, Nigeria By Ccpellerinternational Ltd / Goat Farming Business: Facts About Kalahari Red Goat / Kalahari Red Goats Farming In Nigeria - All You Should Know Before Starting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by Volat101: 11:05pm On Aug 04, 2021
Kalahari red is an exotic breed of goat from South Africa. Kalahari red is a good breed of goat for meat purpose.
We are breeder farm located in Oyo State with the mind of improving our local breeds with this exotic breeds of Kalahari red and Boer goats.
We have our Kalahari crosses with our local breeds for sales; such as Kalahari cross with Red Sokoto, Kalahari cross with WAD and Kalahari cross with Sahel. These crossbreed are of different ages. Every farmers that have intention of increasing their goat growth rate by improving on their breed needs a Kalahari crossbreed provided they can't afford the price pure breed Kalahari red and Boer goats.
These crossbreeds are available at affordable price.
You can contact us on www.osodefarms.com
You can call or WhatsApp on +2348064858951

Note: You will come to our farm to see the goats yourself before making payment.

Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by ekene101: 4:30am On Aug 05, 2021
grin grin grin grin
Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by Volat101: 8:02am On Aug 05, 2021
ekene101:
Scammer tunde grin grin grin grin

Note that not everyone advertising online are scammers. From the writeup, you should notice that you will visit the farm before any form of payment is done. Also the website and address of the farm is stated there.

1 Like

Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by Volat101: 8:07am On Aug 05, 2021
ekene101:

As a farmer, I later come to realize that most scammed victims are greedy because you want to buy a pure Boer or Kalahari red goat that worth 800,000 with shipping from South Africa at the rate of 30,000. That's greediness.
How can you buy a goat that worth 400,000 in South Africa after conversion to naira for 30,000? Is that not greediness?

Let's visit farm to see the animals first before buying.

3 Likes

Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by mfm04622: 9:41am On Aug 05, 2021
ekene101:

I can vouch for him. I bought an F1 male from him last year. And he delivered to me in Kaduna
Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by Volat101: 7:37pm On Aug 05, 2021
mfm04622:

I can vouch for him. I bought an F1 male from him last year. And he delivered to me in Kaduna

Thank you sir for the recommendations
I lost your contact, can you pls pchat me on WhatsApp sir.
Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by Popo97: 10:50pm On Aug 05, 2021
Volat is 100% real
Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by Volat101: 6:44pm On Aug 08, 2021
Popo97:
Volat is 100% real

Thank you sir
Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by Volat101: 11:57pm On Oct 12, 2021
Good selection (genetic) of your buck is very important for a good breeder.

Below is some of our progenies from Kalahari and our local breeds

Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by Volat101: 7:43am On Oct 30, 2021
Glad to be one of the exhibitors in the concluded Oyo Agribusiness summit. #Teamwork #Improvedbreedusinglatesttechnology

1 Like

Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by felixzo1(m): 2:57pm On Nov 21, 2021
Volat101:
Glad to be one of the exhibitors in the concluded Oyo Agribusiness summit. #Teamwork #Improvedbreedusinglatesttechnology
wow that's great. how much are the cost of your cross
Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by SLOVFO(m): 2:37pm On Nov 22, 2021
Volat101:

As a farmer, I later come to realize that most scammed victims are greedy because you want to buy a pure Boer or Kalahari red goat that worth 800,000 with shipping from South Africa at the rate of 30,000. That's greediness.
How can you buy a goat that worth 400,000 in South Africa after conversion to naira for 30,000? Is that not greediness?

Let's visit farm to see the animals first before buying.

Which kind goat is worth 400K? Na Messi or abi Ronaldo grin

1 Like

Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by felixzo1(m): 3:39pm On Nov 22, 2021
SLOVFO:

Which kind goat is worth 400K? Na Messi or abi Ronaldo grin
boar goat is about a $1000 in Nigeria, that is if you are lucky to see it. this are breeds for genetic improvement purposes and in worth it for people with investment in goat breeding. I have personally bought a 2 months old pig for 130k.frisain cow is over a million naira in Nigeria. they pass over their growth trait to their offspring and are usually used to improve our local breeds.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by SLOVFO(m): 8:45pm On Nov 22, 2021
felixzo1:
boar goat is about a $1000 in Nigeria, that is if you are lucky to see it. this are breeds for genetic improvement purposes and in worth it for people with investment in goat breeding. I have personally bought a 2 months old pig for 130k.frisain cow is over a million naira in Nigeria. they pass over their growth trait to their offspring and are usually used to improve our local breeds.

Interesting. Please pardon my ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by Volat101: 5:15pm On Nov 26, 2021
felixzo1:
wow that's great. how much are the cost of your cross

Currently, our ongoing discount prices is still on and most farmers have benefited from it. Discount price is #3,500/kg of live weight for crossbreed of Kalahari with Red sokoto or WAS
Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by akenzua74: 5:38pm On Nov 26, 2021
Pls where is your farm located and will your promoo runs through February? Do you also sell high breeds cows?
Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by AgricMaster: 7:31pm On Nov 27, 2021
felixzo1:

if you need it i can connect you to a farm in east that has it.
it was sold before but i don't know the current price now
finally contact him and he said his goat were poisoned. currently do not have

modified
Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by felixzo1(m): 7:38pm On Nov 27, 2021
AgricMaster:

it was sold 60-80k before but i don't know the current price now
please sent me a link or phone number, I will contact them .sent mail to info@felixandangela.com
Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by Volat101: 6:54am On Nov 28, 2021
AgricMaster:

it was sold 60-80k before but i don't know the current price now

Do you mean a pure boer and Kalahari red for 60 to 80k in a farm in the East? Have you visited the farm yourself before ascertaining that price?
I doubt that price for a pure breed

2 Likes

Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by Volat101: 6:57am On Nov 28, 2021
felixzo1:
please sent me a link or phone number, I will contact them .sent mail to info@felixandangela.com

My advise is that you should be careful. Don't just fall for pictures but always ensure you see the picture of the person with the animals or do a video call while the person is on the farm if you can't visits the farm.
Also, don't be a victim of buying diluted breed as pure

2 Likes

Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by Volat101: 6:59am On Nov 28, 2021
akenzua74:
Pls where is your farm located and will your promoo runs through February? Do you also sell high breeds cows?

We are located at Iseyin in Oyo state. I'm not sure if the promo will run till February but I'm sure that it will run till December.
Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by felixzo1(m): 8:39am On Nov 28, 2021
Volat101:

My advise is that you should be careful. Don't just fall for pictures but always ensure you see the picture of the person with the animals or do a video call while the person is on the farm if you can't visits the farm.
Also, don't be a victim of buying diluted breed as pure
thanks a million

1 Like

Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by AgricMaster: 8:43pm On Nov 28, 2021
felixzo1:
he said his goat were poisoned. currently do not have
Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by felixzo1(m): 3:27am On Nov 29, 2021
AgricMaster:

he said his goat were poisoned. currently do not have
i read the story online in the past. gelanest: 4:55pm On Feb 12, 2018
A Polish politician of Nigerian descent, Hon. John Godson, has lamented after losing 17 Boer goats and 3 Boerboel Dogs to poisoning. The former and first black lawmaker in Poland who is the Founder and CEO of Pilgrim Ranch in Umuahia, Abia state - revealed that an investigation is underway to uncover those behind the poisoning as he lost over 15 million naira in the process.

Below is what he shared on his social media page;

I am sad to inform that at the Pilgrim Ranch we have lost 17 Boer goats and 3 Boerboel Dogs to poisoning. The dead goats include our premier stud buck- King George while the Dogs include Blacky, Cherry and Clara. We are presently conducting investigations to find out who is behind this dastardly sabotage.

The total loss in monetary terms is more than 15 million naira. Despite these setbacks, we will always be thankful to God and we are pressing on with the vision of establishing one of the best ranches in this part of Africa.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/polish-politician-loses-n15m-goats-dogs-poisoned-abia-photos.html

2 Likes

Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by Volat101: 6:26am On Dec 02, 2021
Our Kalahari crossed with red sokoto was taken to a new home.

1 Like

Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by felixzo1(m): 7:12am On Dec 02, 2021
Volat101:
how much does this size go for, the average weight and age
Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by mfm04622: 7:13am On Dec 02, 2021
Volat101:

How old is this? And what is the weight? F1?
Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by Volat101: 12:05am On Dec 03, 2021
mfm04622:

How old is this? And what is the weight? F1?

The guy is a 20months old, 35kg and he is F1

1 Like

Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by Volat101: 8:15pm On Dec 17, 2021
Every ruminant farmers should always prefer quality animals over quantity. It's not about the numbers of animals on the farm but the quality of the animals. A good quality animals with good nutrition and management will always make farmers to smiles to market earlier than others.

We breed and sell quality Kalahari red and Boer crossbreeds to farmers to improve their herds thereby making them to achieve optimal growth earlier thereby smiling to market earlier.

The picture below depicts a crossbreed of Kalahari and WAD that was sold to one of our customers at 6months while the second picture is that same buck at 16months weighing over 48kg.

Quality over quantity is the key....

1 Like

Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by Volat101: 12:03am On Jan 05, 2022
Vaccinate your goats against PPR.
PPR (Peste des Petits Ruminants) is a highly contagious viral diseases in small ruminants especially in goats and sheep. It is also known as goat plague which can wipe out a whole herds if not discovered early or well manage. There is no cure for this viral disease but it can be managed. The good news is that it can be prevented through vaccination. The disease outbreak is always common around this period of the year but it is not limited to this season. Some of the clinical signs of PPR are discharge from the nose, sore mouth, high temperature (fever) etc
However, some farms have started recording outbreak of PPR on their farms and this is the reason while it is very necessary for farmers to vaccinate against it early.

For further discussion on it and how to vaccinate, whatsapp or call +2348064858951
Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by Volat101: 6:25am On Apr 15, 2022
Pasture establishment is key if you want to practice a successful livestock production. Plant fodders that will provide all the necessary nutritional requirements for your animals especially this raining season. Some of the fodder that can be planted on the farms are bracheria, Stylo, Gamba, pennisetum, lablab centrosema etc.

Plan to establish your pasture this year.
Contact us to get your pasture seeds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kalahari Red Crossbreeds by orogodoganyin(m): 6:08pm On Apr 15, 2022
Volat101:

Na how much

(1) (Reply)

Encouraging Turkeys To Lay in Nest / ABUJA Poultry : From Day Old To Table-chickens And Turkeys / 5 Deadly Diseases Affecting Turkeys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.