Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,747 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

True Story: How A Project Of $22-33M Was Inflated To Over $100m In NNPC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / True Story: How A Project Of $22-33M Was Inflated To Over $100m In NNPC (861 Views)

Fear In NNPC As Dangote Struggles To Get Approval To Operate Refinery / Haba! 40% Of $22.7BN Loan To pay loan Consultants! / Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Spending Plan: $1.25bn For Abuja Rail, $500m For NTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Story: How A Project Of $22-33M Was Inflated To Over $100m In NNPC by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 04, 2021
I recently met up with a friend who worked for a Contractor that handled a project for NNPC in 2013 and he told me about the funny story about how they quoted a price of between $22-$23 million dollars for the scope of the project that was to be delivered.

On the date the project was awarded to them and approved by Management it was approved for over a $100 million dollars. He sat there in shock and couldn't believe what was transpiring before his eyes.

Now you know why the average NNPC staff has hotels,filling stations,nightclubs, houses all over the country and a garage full of luxury cars.

This story just came back to me when I saw the amounts that were approved for the rehabilitation of the refineries in Port Harcourt,Warri and Kaduna.Some staff in NNPC and the Ministry of Petroleum are about to buy private jets,Yachts and houses in Dubai,London,Miami,New York,Los Angeles and Cape Town.
Re: True Story: How A Project Of $22-33M Was Inflated To Over $100m In NNPC by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 05, 2021
We can all guess who was Minister of Petroleum at the time and the GMD in 2013.

Have things changed now the Pharoah and incorruptible general that defends Ganduje,Bagudu and Abacha has appointed himself as substantive Minister of Petroleum since 2015 is the question.

When Nigerians say money was flowing during the GEJ regime this is what they were referring to.

helinues
Monogamy
LegendHero
NGpatriot
TonyeBarcanista
yarimo
seunmsg
Simplyleo
Racoon
sarrki
TinubuAdvocate
NgeneUkwenu
CilicMarin
Omenka
Nlpolicewoman
candidtalk
Re: True Story: How A Project Of $22-33M Was Inflated To Over $100m In NNPC by Nobody: 12:22am On Aug 05, 2021
Any NNPC contractors or staff have similar stories about the fantastical corruption that takes place in the corporation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg7lfHL_l1w
Re: True Story: How A Project Of $22-33M Was Inflated To Over $100m In NNPC by ayo84(m): 1:42am On Aug 05, 2021
So in fact , buhari's government is not different from the rest , truly yaradua and obasanjo's regime were different but obasanjo's government clearly did not have any succession plan
Re: True Story: How A Project Of $22-33M Was Inflated To Over $100m In NNPC by Nobody: 1:45am On Aug 05, 2021
ayo84:
So in fact , buhari's government is not different from the rest , truly yaradua and obasanjo's regime were different but obasanjo's government clearly did not have any succession plan
What made Yardua and OBJ government different?OBJ was Minister of Petroleum for 8 years and Buhari has chosen to follow the same path.

These former military generals have an appetite for the Minister of Petroleum portfolio, that they choose to be the substantive Minister and appoint a ceremonial Minister of State.
Re: True Story: How A Project Of $22-33M Was Inflated To Over $100m In NNPC by Nobody: 2:45am On Aug 05, 2021
Frontpage Lalasticlala,Mynd44,Dominique
Re: True Story: How A Project Of $22-33M Was Inflated To Over $100m In NNPC by Nobody: 3:11am On Aug 05, 2021
AdeOri99:
Mnnh...

Re: True Story: How A Project Of $22-33M Was Inflated To Over $100m In NNPC by overall90: 6:00am On Aug 05, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:
Frontpage Lalasticlala,Mynd44,Dominique

You are calling moderators to move this gossip to front-page.
I expected you to at least provide some basic details about the said contract.
though not exonerating the NNPC from the cesspool that it is.

1 Like

Re: True Story: How A Project Of $22-33M Was Inflated To Over $100m In NNPC by CodeTemplar: 7:33am On Aug 05, 2021
This moniker bashes Tinubu regularly and now you suddenly heard a 2013 story about corruption in NNPC. Just tell us you work for a northern APC presidential aspirant.

1 Like

Re: True Story: How A Project Of $22-33M Was Inflated To Over $100m In NNPC by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 05, 2021
Nahunger:
I see hunger every where in the land
Hunger in the air
Hunger in the ocean..
Hunger in Rainbow Colours.
Re: True Story: How A Project Of $22-33M Was Inflated To Over $100m In NNPC by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 05, 2021
CodeTemplar:
This moniker bashes Tinubu regularly and now you suddenly heard a 2013 story about corruption in NNPC. Just tell us you work for a northern APC presidential aspirant.
\
I can never be bought and paid for. I come from a background that produces millionaires in dollars.
Re: True Story: How A Project Of $22-33M Was Inflated To Over $100m In NNPC by Abohboy: 6:19pm On Aug 15, 2021
This is why Mr Sylva is able to send his children to top british schools like one that I visisted was surprised to see both of his sons there and the school fees amount to over 50k pounds per year so i'm just wondering where did he get the moeny from can only be through corruption
Re: True Story: How A Project Of $22-33M Was Inflated To Over $100m In NNPC by Nobody: 2:45am On Aug 20, 2021
Abohboy:
This is why Mr Sylva is able to send his children to top british schools like one that I visisted was surprised to see both of his sons there and the school fees amount to over 50k pounds per year so i'm just wondering where did he get the moeny from can only be through corruption

https://www.nairaland.com/4029275/timipre-sylva-chills-abuja-mansion/4#104978527

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Bandits Break Into Nigerian Defence Academy, Kill Officer, Kidnap / Sowore Explains Why He Will Not Attend Brother's Burial / Power Goes To The South In 2023, Anyone Against This Is Nigeria's Enemy -igbokwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.