Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,631 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 (8492 Views)

Your Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Sunday, The 30th Of September 2018 / Your Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Sunday, The 26th Of August 2018 / Your Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Sunday, 15/04/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 6:51am On Nov 07, 2021
Rhapsody Of Realities daily devotional. Sunday, November 7th

TOPIC: A “HEART AND MOUTH” PRINCIPLE

SCRIPTURE: For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation (Romans 10:10).

The Apostle Paul, in Romans 10:8-10, shows us this simple, yet so powerful, principle of salvation. When you confess that Jesus is Lord of your life, believing in your heart that He died for you and God raised Him from the dead, that declaration or proclamation of your faith catapults you into the realms of salvation: “…if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation” (Romans 10:9-10).

The confession part is so important, and that’s where some have missed it. In their heart, they know Jesus is Lord, but they’ve never consciously confessed His Lordship over their lives, and without that, there’s no salvation. So, in your evangelical work, explain this important reality to those you minister to. It’s a “Heart and Mouth” principle; you can’t take one and leave the other.

The preceding verse 8 to Romans 10:9-10 that we read earlier says, “But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach.” If you don’t say it, salvation will never be activated, for salvation is activated by your confession; not the confession of sins, but your affirmation and declaration of the Lordship of Jesus Christ.

Why do we need to confess the Lordship of Jesus? It’s because when you proclaim His Lordship over your life, you’re instantly translated into His spiritual kingdom and given eternal life, righteousness, protection, and all of the inheritance of the sons of God in Christ. He becomes the shepherd of your life, leading and guiding you through His Word and His Holy Spirit given to all who receive Him. Amen.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the miracle of salvation, and the righteousness that’s unveiled through the Gospel. Jesus is Lord of my life; therefore, I bask in His grace to save, heal, deliver, uplift and prosper me and all those who embrace His saving power. As the message of salvation gets into men’s hearts today, faith is ignited in them to receive the gift of righteousness, as eternal life is imparted to their spirits, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. ||

|| Matthew 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. ||

|| Mark 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. ||

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Hebrews 7 & Jeremiah 50-51

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 10:22-32 & 1 Chronicles 7
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 1:11pm On Nov 09, 2021
Rhapsody Of Realities daily devotional Monday, November 8th

TOPIC: ALL WRAPPED IN THE WORD

I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name (Psalm 138:2).

In the Old Testament, God revealed Himself through various names to the children of Israel. Generation after generation, they recognized Him with those names, for they depicted or described His character. Examples of such names are Jehovah Nissi (The Lord My Banner), Jehovah Raah (The Lord My Shepherd), Jehovah Rapha (The Lord That Heals), Jehovah Sabaoth (The Lord of Hosts), etc.

However, our theme verse says He’s magnified His Word above all the revelations of His names. Meaning that whether you knew Him as El shadai or as Adonai or as Jehovah Rapha or Jehovah Jireh—whatever you knew Him to be—He’s magnified His Word above all those revelations.

Those revelations were limited; they’re all wrapped up in the Word. If you know the Word of God, you’ll go beyond the man who knows God as Elshadai or Jehovah Rapha or any of the other revelations of Him in the Old Testament. John 1:1 says, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the word was God.” This is the Word that’s been magnified above all the revelations of God’s names.

You don’t need all of the Hebrew names of God now; the last of the revealed names was Jehovah Shammah—the Lord is present; and after that, He brought forth “Emmanuel”—God with us—which was Jesus in the midst of His people. But His desire was to be in us: “To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory” (Colossians 1:27).

Too many have lived in religion and haven’t received reality; they don’t know how to relate with God. Christianity is a living thing; a real relationship with a living heavenly Father and His Son Jesus through the person and power of the Holy Spirit. Get to know the Word and put it to work, and your life will be an unending stream of blessings and grace.

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for the revelation of your Word to my spirit. Forever, your Word is settled in my heart and in my life. I walk in success, victory and triumph; my life is an unending stream of blessings and grace in Christ Jesus. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Psalms 119:160 Thy word [is] true [from] the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments [endureth] for ever. ||

|| Isaiah 40:8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever. ||

|| Psalms 119:89 LAMED. For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. ||

Hebrews 8 & Jeremiah 52

John 10:33-42 & 1 Chronicles 8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 1:16pm On Nov 09, 2021
Rhapsody Of Realities Tuesday, November 9th.

TOPIC: TICKET TO THE WHOLE WORLD

SCRIPTURE: Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost (Matthew 28:19).

The Lord Jesus never gave ordinary instructions; His instructions came with the power to carry them out. So, you never need to worry about whether or not you have the ability to execute His instructions. The ability comes in the instruction. Think about His disciples: they weren’t even initially allowed to go to Samaria, but then Jesus instructed them to “Go and teach all nations.” This ought to make a great impression on you.

Jesus didn’t limit His instructions to the twelve apostles; they were for us all who believe in Him. He’s commissioned us to reach the whole world. That means we’re beyond borders. The extent of our reach and the impact of our success with the Gospel are limitless. We’re to take His Word to the ends of the earth, teaching all nations the way of righteousness.

“Teaching all nations” means to make pupils and students of the nations. He’s given us the ticket to the whole world. Then He gave us the power to achieve it: “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth” (Acts 1:cool. The world is our parish. The whole earth is given to us to fill it with the knowledge of Christ.

We’ve been sent. We’re on a mission to save and preserve lives: “…Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you” (John 20:21). What an instruction! We’ve been commissioned as Jesus was commissioned; as the Father commissioned Him. Be inspired by His instructions, and change your world.

Think about the fact that He trusts us enough to commit the nations of the world to us that we may bless them with the Gospel! Acts 3:26 says, “Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.” In Matthew 24:14, He said, “And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come” (Matthew 24:14). He’s counting on us to make it happen; to tell the whole world the news of His saving power. Let’s take this seriously and win souls every day.

CONFESSION
I’m strengthened with might by God’s Spirit in my inner man to courageously reach the unreached and make the mysteries of the Kingdom known to them. I go in the power of the Spirit today, proclaiming the Gospel, bringing men and women out of darkness into the glorious liberty of the sons of God. There’s a mighty haul of souls, as great grace for salvation is poured out upon the earth, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| 2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. ||

|| Daniel 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever. ||

|| Mark 16:15-16 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. ||

Hebrews 9:1-10 & Lamentations 1-2

John 11:1-13 & 1 Chronicles 9
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 11:33am On Nov 12, 2021
Rhapsody Of Realities daily devotional. Wednesday, November 10th.

TOPIC: OUR PRAYERS AND WORSHIP

SCRIPTURE: And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne (Revelation 8:3).

When you study the Book of Revelation, one of the many beautiful things you find is the power and spiritual import of our prayers and worship. Revelation 15:8, for example, describes something remarkable as revealed to John: it says, “And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled.”

This parallels what we read in the Old Testament when the priests entered into the temple built by Solomon. The Bible says when they began to sing and worship God with the instruments of music, the glory of God filled the house, that even the priests couldn’t stand to minister by reason of the cloud of God’s glory (2 Chronicles 5:14).

Our prayers and worship in the earth have great impact in heaven. When we pray, when we worship, how does God see it? We’re actually offering spiritual sacrifices. The Bible says, “And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints” (Revelation 5:cool.

When you’re praying here in the earth, it’s not a mere religious routine; it goes to Heaven as incense. That’s what David meant when he said, “Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice” (Psalm 141:2). David, being a prophet, had a revelation of the future. He saw that our prayers and sacrifices and the lifting up of our hands would replace these incense and sacrifices of the Old Testament.

Our theme verse says there’s an altar—a temple— in heaven, upon which the angel offers his incense, alongside the incense of our own prayers. How amazing that is! So, when you’re praying and worshipping the Lord, it’s important that you understand the spiritual significance of what you’re engaged in and do it with faith, hope and love. Praise God!

CONFESSION
I lift my hands today in worship to the great God of glory, who has lavished His love on me and beautified my life with splendour. Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honour and power and might, be unto our God forever and ever! Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Revelation 8:3-4 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer [it] with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. And the smoke of the incense, [which came] with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand. ||

|| Hebrews 13:15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of [our] lips giving thanks to his name. ||

|| Revelation 5:8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four [and] twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints. ||

Hebrews 9:11-28 & Lamentations 3-5

John 11:14-23 & 1 Chronicles 10
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 11:38am On Nov 12, 2021
Rhapsody Of Realities daily
devotional. Thursday, November 11

TOPIC: WHO’S IN YOUR “HOUSE”?

SCRIPTURE: Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? (1 Corinthians 3:16).

God’s will is for you to walk in divine health; He didn’t create you for sickness. He said in 3 John 1:2, “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.” To guarantee your divine health, He sent the Holy Spirit to live in you. Romans 8:11 declares, “But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.”

This shows the result of having the Holy Spirit live in you: He’s quickened (given life to) your hitherto death-prone or death-doomed body. The preceding verse 10 says, “But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness” (Romans 8:10 ESV). The Holy Spirit in you is the life of your physical body. So, it’s about who’s living in you.

Some people are frail, weak, broken and sickly in their body because of who they’ve permitted to live in their body. Your body is your house; so, the question is, who’s in your “house”? Who have you allowed inside your body? Is it the Holy Spirit or demons? Do you realize that you’re the one to decide who indwells your body?

Paul makes a passionate appeal in Romans 12:1, saying, “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.” Then in 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, he emphasizes, “What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.”

If for any reason you’ve had demons tormenting you and causing all manner of pain, distress, infection and illness to be manifested in your body, you can free yourself even now by using the Name of Jesus! The Bible says, “And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils…” (Mark 16:17). It doesn’t matter for how long those wicked spirits may have troubled you; command them to leave you. Tell them to pack their sicknesses and diseases and get out of your body.

Colossians 1:27 says, “…Christ in you, the hope of glory.” Thanks be unto God! Your life is for the glory of God. Now that Christ has taken up His abode in you, you have peace and honour with God. God has separated you from sickness, evil and everything of darkness. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
I give no place to sickness, disease or infirmity in my body. The Holy Spirit lives in me, and He vitalizes, energizes, strengthens, and invigorates me, causing me to walk in perfect health, daily. I live triumphantly unto God, who has separated me to Himself for glory, excellence and beauty. Glory to His Name forever. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which [temple] ye are. ||

|| 2 Corinthians 6:14-16 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in [them]; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. ||

|| Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. ||

Hebrews 10:1-18 & Ezekiel 1-2

John 11:24-34 & 1 Chronicles 11
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 11:41am On Nov 12, 2021
Rhapsody Of Realities daily devotional. Friday, November 12th.

TOPIC: THERE’S HOPE FOR YOU

SCRIPTURE: But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you (Romans 8:11).

There’re people that science and medicine have given up to die. Medically, their chances to live are very slim because of an “incurable” sickness that has, maybe, ruined their lungs, affected their heart, kidney or other vital organs in their body. Some have been to the best medical centres, with the best therapies and medications, yet to no avail. If this is your story or that of a loved one, I want to let you know that there’s hope in Jesus Christ.

There’s a beautiful verse of scripture I’ll like you to meditate on: Romans 8:10; it says if Christ be in you, although your body may be dead because of sin, the Spirit gives it life because of righteousness. If your physical body has already been so battered, bruised, damaged and ravaged by sickness and disease, and sin has crippled it, the Holy Spirit will revitalize and restore life to it because of the righteousness of Christ.

It’s the righteousness of God for you to be in health. This is so powerful; think deeply on it! The Bible says, “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him” (2 Corinthians 5:21). The righteousness of Christ is what makes the difference in you. As a result of Christ’s righteousness, you’re accepted in the presence of God; you’re not condemned.

Romans 5:18 says, “Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.” You have a right to health, because Jesus paid for it. It doesn’t matter what manner of sickness has attacked your physical body; it can be reversed in the Name of Jesus.

Ponder again on what we read in our theme verse; that scripture is neither a promise nor something futuristic. If the Spirit of God who raised Jesus from death lives in you, He gives life to your body. Let this be your consciousness from now on.

CONFESSION
I’m vitalized, made alive, quickened and energized because of the righteousness of Jesus Christ. I live healthy and strong by the Holy Spirit. The God-life in me destroys sickness, disease and infirmities! Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:

|| 2 Corinthians 5:21 AMPC For our sake He made Christ [virtually] to be sin Who knew no sin, so that in and through Him we might become [endued with, viewed as being in, and examples of] the righteousness of God [what we ought to be, approved and acceptable and in right relationship with Him, by His goodness]. ||

|| Romans 8:10-13 And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. ||

|| Acts 9:32-34 And it came to pass, as Peter passed throughout all [quarters], he came down also to the saints which dwelt at Lydda. And there he found a certain man named Aeneas, which had kept his bed eight years, and was sick of the palsy. And Peter said unto him, Aeneas, Jesus Christ maketh thee whole: arise, and make thy bed. And he arose immediately. ||

Hebrews 10:19-39 & Ezekiel 3-4

John 11:35-46 & 1 Chronicles 12
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 6:48am On Nov 13, 2021
Rhapsody Of Realities. Saturday, November 13th.
HE’S WITH YOU AND IN YOU ALWAYS

SCRIPTURE: Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me (Psalm 23:4).

The Bible tells us of an encounter Jesus had with Jairus, the ruler of the synagogue, whose daughter died. He told Jairus, “…Fear not: believe only, and she shall be made whole” (Luke 8:50). In another instance, He admonished His listeners as He taught them God’s Word, “Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom” (Luke 12:32 NKJV).

Always, He charges us not to fear, because He’s with us to help us deal victoriously with the issues of life. He said in Matthew 28:20, “…lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.” Then, when He was to physically leave this world, He sent the Holy Spirit—to be in us and with us: “And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever; Even the Spirit of truth…for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless…” (John 14:16-18).

Take Him at His Word. The Holy Spirit came to take the place of the ascended Christ, and now, He lives in you. Be ever conscious of His presence in you; take advantage of His grace and power in your life. Since He says, “I’m with you always,” you should say, “Blessed be God! I can do all things through Christ that’s in me and with me. He’s all I need for an evervictorious and successful life!”

It doesn’t matter where you go in this world; the Lord is with you, morning, noon or night. This should enrich your fellowship with Him. Talk to Him with the consciousness that He’s really and truly with you. This should bring great excitement into your life because the One who really cares, the One who has all power—the great God of glory—is with you, and in you ALWAYS.

PRAYER
Righteous Father, what a blessing it is to know that you’re forever with me, and in me. I walk in the light and blessings of your indwelling presence, knowing that I’m mightily helped of you in all things, and energized for success. I walk in absolute victory today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| John 14:16-18 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. ||

|| 2 Corinthians 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, [be] with you all. Amen. ||

Hebrews 11:1-16 & Ezekiel 5-7

John 11:47-57 & 1 Chronicles 13
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 6:45am On Nov 14, 2021
Rhapsody Of Realities daily devotional.
Sunday, November 14th.
TOPIC: SEE SPIRITUALLY

SCRIPTURE: For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace (Romans 8:5-6).

The Lord Jesus manifested spirituality in all things: His views, words, actions, hope, faith and love. The apostles were the same. They were spiritually minded. They looked at the world from the spiritual perspective and responded to situations and circumstances from the standpoint of the Word.

Consider how Jesus dealt with certain situations! Until He came, no one knew that an evil spirit could be responsible for the conditions in which some people found themselves; and even when they knew, no one could change that situation. But Jesus cast out evil spirits with His words: ”When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick” (Matthew 8:16).

Mark 9:25 says, “When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.” Mark 1:23-26 says, “And there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit…And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him. And when the unclean spirit had torn him, and cried with a loud voice, he came out of him.” How about the demoniac at Gadara who was bound with chains and fetters? He broke the chains and inflicted wounds on his own body. Until Jesus came through that same road, he wallowed in that pitiable state. The Master commanded the evil spirit to come out of the man and he was restored (Read Mark 5:1–13).

Jesus put a premium on words. He spoke words as “Get up! Pick up your bed and walk!” and someone who had been paralyzed from birth could be healed. Read the account of the man who was sick for thirtyeight years, and lay by the Pool of Bethesda. Jesus said to him, “…Rise, take up thy bed, and walk” (John 5:cool. He taught that words were spirit (John 6:63).

Jesus saw life from the realm of the spirit. As far as He was concerned, everything was controlled from the realm of the spirit. And as a child of God, that’s the realm you’re expected to see and live from. Interpret life from the spirit realm, and you’ll always win.

CONFESSION
I operate in this world by kingdom principles. I see by the Word; I see spiritually and live above the elements, failures, frustrations, darkness and corruption in this physical world. I walk in victory and dominion always. Amen.

FURTHER

|| Mark 9:25 AMPC But when Jesus noticed that a crowd [of people] came running together, He rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, You dumb and deaf spirit, I charge you to come out of him and never go into him again. ||

|| Mark 1:22-26 And they were astonished at his doctrine: for he taught them as one that had authority, and not as the scribes. And there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit; and he cried out, Saying, Let [us] alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God. And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him. And when the unclean spirit had torn him, and cried with a loud voice, he came out of him. ||

Hebrews 11:17-40 & Ezekiel 8-10

John 12:1-11 & 1 Chronicles 14
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 4:40pm On Nov 15, 2021
Rhapsody Of Realities daily devotional. Monday, November 15th

TOPIC: WALKING IN HIS LOVE

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love (1 John 4:7-cool.

The Apostle John gives an encapsulated version of the revelation of the Pauline doctrine in 1 John 4:16: “And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.” So, you in Christ, and Christ in you is about His love seen in you and expressed through you!

God is love, and as His children, we’re to love as Christ loved us. The Bible says, “THEREFORE BE imitators of God [copy Him and follow His example], as well-beloved children [imitate their father]. And walk in love, [esteeming and delighting in one another] as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us, a slain offering and sacrifice to God [for you, so that it became] a sweet fragrance” (Ephesians 5:1-2 AMPC).

Jesus showed us a good example by loving everyone, including His accusers and those who unjustly put Him on the Cross. We ought to emulate the Master by loving everyone unconditionally.

Love makes you give of yourself to others without thinking of what you’ll get in return. It makes you think of others and accept them just as they are. They don’t have to act to deserve your love, for love is unselfish and doesn’t seek its own. It breaks the barriers of race, ethnicity and social status. It makes it possible for you to see the beauty in others and appreciate them for who they are.

The new creature in Christ is born anew after the image of God (Colossians 3:10) and is imbued with the divine ability to express divine love. Let God’s love in you come alive; it’ll lift you to a new level of life and you’d be glad this happened. The Christian life is a life of love, freely given to us of God. Manifest that same love to others.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the revelation of your love to my spirit, and the ability to express and manifest your love to others. Love is the greatest power in the universe, and that love radiates through me today, to everyone in my world. Thank you for your glory in my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| 1 John 4:17-18 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. ||

|| John 13:35 By this shall all [men] know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. ||

Hebrews 12:1-13 & Ezekiel 11-12

John 12:12-19 & 1 Chronicles 15
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 8:02am On Nov 16, 2021
Rhapsody Of Realities daily devotional. Tuesday, November 16th

TOPIC: LIVING BY THE SPIRIT

SCRIPTURE: How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? (Hebrews 9:14).
It’s impossible to live the authentic Christian life without the Holy Spirit. He’s the One to guide you, teach you the things of God, and instruct you in the way you should go. At the Rapture of the Church, the Bible says in a twinkling of an eye, the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then, we who are alive and remain shall be caught up with them—to meet the Lord in the air (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17).

But how is this going to happen? It’ll be by the power of the Holy Spirit! We’re in the last days, and more than ever before, God is calling men to repentance. Regardless of the destruction, hatred, killings, murders, wickedness and violence in the world today orchestrated by Satan, the will of God is revealed in 2 Peter 3:9. It says, “The Lord is not … willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.”

However, without the Holy Spirit, they can’t live the life that God wants them to live. Living a life that glorifies and honours God is by the power of the Holy Spirit. He alone can bring men to repentance and the acknowledging of the truth about salvation in Christ Jesus. Jesus said in John 16:8, “And when he (the Holy Spirit) is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment.”

Living by the Spirit is the way for the child of God. The way of the Spirit is the way of success, victory and ever-increasing glory. So, don’t ignore the Holy Spirit. Yield yourself to His influence and guidance by consciously acting on God’s Word. He’s the One with the blueprint for your success; He created you and knows everything about your life and future. He’s committed to seeing you finish your course gloriously, fulfilling the will of God with joy.

Perhaps you’re reading this and you haven’t received the Holy Spirit, you can receive Him even now; it’s very easy. You can have someone who’s full of the Spirit lay hands on you, and you’ll receive. You can also simply ask and receive Him into you by faith, trusting in God. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
I yield myself to the influence and guidance of the Holy Spirit at all times. He’s my all-time Helper, Teacher and Guide, who continually reveals Christ Jesus to me and through me. He sanctifies my service to the Lord, and guides me in the path of righteousness. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Luke 11:11-13 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if [he ask] a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall [your] heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him? ||

|| Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. ||

|| Romans 8:1-4 [There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. ||

Hebrews 12:14-29 & Ezekiel 13-15

John 12:20-29 & 1 Chronicles 16
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 10:02am On Nov 17, 2021
Rhapsody Of Realities daily devotional. Wednesday, November 17th.

TOPIC: DON’T BOW TO HUMAN SOLUTIONS

SCRIPTURE: So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed (Acts 19:20).

When it comes to your health, God’s plan is for you to use the Word to keep your body in divine health and not to bow to human solutions. His Word is medicine; the Bible says it produces health in your physical body: “My son, attend to my words… they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh” (Proverbs 4:20-22). The word “health” is the Hebrew “marpe”; it means medicine.

This means you can apply the Word as you would a prescription drug. But the difference is, God’s Word is far more effective; it never fails. Perhaps you suddenly discovered a growth in your body that seems to be getting larger and diagnosed to be malignant; don’t get into a frenzy.

First, recognize that you’re not an ordinary person; you’re born again; you have the life of God in you. Acknowledge and affirm this consciously and every so often. Then, affirm scriptures, such as Acts 19:20: “So mightily grew the Word of God and prevailed.” This is talking about the Word growing mightily in Ephesus and prevailing over religion, darkness and everything contrary to the Gospel, righteousness and the life of the Kingdom.

If the Word could work so mightily and prevail in a city as Ephesus, it’ll do the same in your physical body. Meditate and affirm the Word; declare that the Word of God is growing in your mind, your heart, your blood, your brain, and every fibre of your being. Talk to the growth and say, “Growth, you can’t stay in my body, because the Word of God is the life of my body; the Word of God is prevailing against you; you have no option but to dematerialize!”

This is how you use the Word against sickness and disease. You have to learn to always use the Word, because if sickness causes you to bow to human solutions, it’ll dominate you. Before long, you could be faced with something humanly incurable. All health challenges are opportunities to use the Word of God.

If a Christian doesn’t practise using the Word against headaches, migraines, colds and fevers, what would he or she do if cancer, diabetes, arthritis or some terminal diseases strike? So, use the Word. No matter how little you think the anomaly is, use the Word, and take charge of your health. Give no place to the devil (Ephesians 4:27).

CONFESSION
The Word of God is medicine to my body; it has gained the ascendancy and mastery in my life. By the Spirit of God, the Word brings forth life, health and prosperity in me. It has produced health in my bones, purified my blood, perfected my heart, cleansed my skin and established me in divine health. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Matthew 8:16 When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with [his] word, and healed all that were sick: ||

|| Psalms 107:17-20 Fools because of their transgression, and because of their iniquities, are afflicted. Their soul abhorreth all manner of meat; and they draw near unto the gates of death. Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, [and] he saveth them out of their distresses. He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered [them] from their destructions. ||

|| Proverbs 4:20-22 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they [are] life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. ||

Hebrews 13 & Ezekiel 16

John 12:30-41 & 1 Chronicles 17
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 3:55pm On Nov 18, 2021
Rhapsody Of Realities daily devotional. Thursday, November 18th.

TOPIC: WE ARE LIGHTS

SCRIPTURE: Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness (1 Thessalonians 5:5).

In Ephesians 5:8, the Bible says, “For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light.” And our theme verse says, “Ye are all the children of light….” You’re a child of light, and if you’re a child of light, you’re light. That’s exactly what the Scripture says. Hallelujah!

The Lord Jesus, talking to the Jews, said, “While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light...” (John 12:36). He told them to believe in the light, that they may be the children of light. But they didn’t. We believed, and we received eternal life and became children of light. Glory to God!

John 8:12 says, “Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.” This is amazing. Also, think about the words of Jesus in John 9:5; He declared, “As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

What does He want your life to be like? He shows us in Matthew 5:16: “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” Philippians 2:15 says, “That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world.”

We shine as lights in a dark world. We have the heart of the Father. John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son….” Therefore, we must love the people with the Father’s love. It’s part of shining as lights in the world.

When Jesus said to let the world “see your good works,” He was talking about works of righteousness. Put your best into preaching the Gospel, turning men from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God. That’s the true solution to all human challenges: the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believes. Glory to God!

CONFESSION
I’m a light in a dark world, and my light shines everywhere! I’m wholly committed to interceding for the souls of men around the world and the spread of the Gospel, knowing that the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Romans 12:11 TPT Be enthusiastic to serve the Lord, keeping your passion toward him boiling hot! Radiate with the glow of the Holy Spirit and let him fill you with excitement as you serve him. ||

|| Isaiah 60:1-3 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising. ||

James 1 & Ezekiel 17-19

John 12:42-50 & 1 Chronicles 18
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 6:10am On Nov 19, 2021
Rhapsody Of Realities daily devotional. Friday, November 19th.

TOPIC: SPIRITUAL UNDERSTANDING

SCRIPTURE: For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding (Colossians 1:9).

Evidently, God wants us to have spiritual understanding. Truth is reality, and it’s spiritual. All things hail from the spiritual. We must live from that perspective, and we can only do that by the insights given to us by the Holy Spirit, through the Word. Let’s examine a particular dialogue between Jesus and the Jews in John 8. Jesus said, “I know that ye are Abraham’s seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you” (John 8:37).

Now, they didn’t think their attempt to kill Him had anything to do with His Word not being in them; but Jesus knew. He pinpointed the root cause of their actions to something spiritual, because He was thinking spiritually. He said, “I know that ye are Abraham’s seed….” He didn’t take that away from them. But in a seemingly self-contradictory statement, He said, “...If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham” (John 8:39). He was talking spiritually.

Factually, Abraham was their father, but in action, they were children of the devil. While they were thinking factually (carnally) and arguing with Jesus, He was using the Word of God to interpret their thoughts and actions, because the Word of God is truth. He stood firmly on truth. And that’s how we must live.

In Luke 22, on the occasion of His arrest, He said, “…this is your hour, and the power of darkness” (Luke 22:53). Everybody else looked at the arrest from the natural, factual point of view, but Jesus interpreted it spiritually. He said the power of darkness was behind it.

It’s like the crises going on in the world today, which started in 2020. Many are being deceived because they don’t know the truth. They’re not seeing from the spiritual perspective; rather, they’re following the carnal dictates of men. Through the knowledge of the Word, we can easily recognize the work of God and distinguish it from Satan’s work. Remember the words of Jesus in John 16:2: “They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.” He made it clear that some would think that when they kill God’s people they’re rendering Him service. They’ll have wrong interpretations and judgement, because they judge after the flesh. His Word has no place in them. We who are born of the Spirit of God must feed on the Word continually. The Holy Spirit through the Word gives us Spiritual insight and understanding in all things.

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for giving me the ability to live in and by the truth. In all circumstances, I have peace and rest; peace with prosperity, health, strength and joy, because my mind is stayed on the truth of your Word always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Ephesians 1:15-18 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints, Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers; That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, ||

|| 2 John 1:1-4 The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth; For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever. Grace be with you, mercy, [and] peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love. I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father. ||

|| Colossians 1:9 AMPC For this reason we also, from the day we heard of it, have not ceased to pray and make [special] request for you, [asking] that you may be filled with the full (deep and clear) knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom [in comprehensive insight into the ways and purposes of God] and in understanding and discernment of spiritual things— ||

James 2-3:1-13 & Ezekiel 20-21

John 13:1-11 & 1 Chronicles 19
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 7:23am On Nov 21, 2021
Rhapsody Of Realities daily devotional. Saturday, November 20th.

TOPIC: BORN FROM ABOVE

SCRIPTURE: And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world (John 8:23).

When the Lord Jesus said to the Jews in John 8:23, “I’m from above,” He was referring to His divine origin; He’s the Lord from heaven: “The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven” (1 Corinthians 15:47). The Lord Jesus made this distinction because everyone on earth received life through their earthly parents, but His life came from God—He is the Word made flesh. Every human person born into this world has the natural human life. That life, however, is corruptible life; it’s mortal.

This became man’s lot when Adam sinned against God and lost his authority to Satan in the Garden of Eden. As a result, death came into the world: “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned” (Romans 5:12).

Sin came into the world by Adam’s disobedience, and death followed. “Death” here is separation from God: a life of darkness and spiritual blindness. That’s the life of the unregenerate man, whom the Word describes as alienated from the life of God, and a stranger from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world (Ephesians 2:12).

However, being born again, you’ve been brought into “deathlessness.” You’re not born after the image of the first man Adam, but after Christ, who is the Lord from heaven; and as He is, so are you in this world (1 John 4:17). 1 Corinthians 15:48 explains it. It says, “…as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.”

You have in you the immortal life of God. 1 Peter 1:23 declares, “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever.” You’re the offspring of the Word, just as Jesus is the Word made flesh. Like Him, you’re from above; born from heaven, with the incorruptible and immortal life of God in you. Glory to God!

CONFESSION
Dear Father, thank you for the sure guidance I receive from your Word and the light it unveils to my spirit. Your Word is my life, and by my faith in your Word, I rule over circumstances; I live in victory, conscious of the indestructible life of Christ in me. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:

|| John 3:31 He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all. ||

|| 1 Corinthians 15:47-49 The first man [is] of the earth, earthy: the second man [is] the Lord from heaven. As [is] the earthy, such [are] they also that are earthy: and as [is] the heavenly, such [are] they also that are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. ||

James 3:14-4:1-12 & Ezekiel 22-23

John 13:12-20 & 1 Chronicles 20
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 7:26am On Nov 21, 2021
Rhapsody Of Realities daily devotional. Sunday, November 21st.

TOPIC: BEYOND THE CROSS

SCRIPTURE: Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life (Romans 6:4).

Being born again, you have the resurrection life; life beyond the Cross. I would to God you’d catch this. The new creation wasn’t “delivered” from the hand of the enemy, neither does he need deliverance, for he’s superior to Satan.

Deliverance was accomplished at the Cross. It was for the whole world. But there’s a resurrection life beyond the Cross. That’s the life of the new creation, and in that life, you’re not the “delivered,” neither are you the “set free” or “redeemed”; rather, you’re the recreated! The recreated man in Christ isn’t of this world; so the forces of this world have no power over him. In Christ, he has overcome the world and all its elements.

The Bible calls us “...more than conquerors...” (Romans 8:37). We’re indestructible and invincible. Then, most beautifully, He calls us saints (1 Corinthians 6:2, 14:33, 2 Corinthians 1:1, Ephesians 1:1 etc.). The sinner died with Christ; the sinner was buried with Christ; but a new creature, a saint, arose with Christ. This is your new nature. The Christian is the man who believes that God raised Jesus Christ from the dead and confesses His Lordship; he identifies with the resurrected Christ. He’s a new type of man: “...If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature, old things are passed away, behold, all things are become new” (2 Corinthians 5:17).

I’m showing you who you really are. The biggest thing to grasp about the Christian is the fact that he is absolutely a new creature. The unrecreated man, the natural human being, needed deliverance from the devil and God gave it to him. He needed remission of sin and God gave it to him. Jesus died to pay the price for his redemption.

The new creation, on the other hand, is not a product of the Cross. The Cross was enough to pay the price for redemption and salvation, but it didn’t produce a new life. If Jesus had never risen from the dead, we would still have been redeemed, but continually subject to sin. The blood He shed brought us eternal redemption and salvation. But we wouldn’t have been new creatures. The new creation is a product of the resurrection of Jesus Christ! The resurrection gave us eternal life. It gave us the righteousness of God, and made us joint-heirs with Christ.

CONFESSION
I’m a new creature in Christ Jesus—infused with life and immortality; impregnable to infections, superior to Satan and the debilitating elements and rudiments of this world. I’m called to a life of glory, victory, success, prosperity, hope and blessed assurance. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Galatians 6:14-16 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. And as many as walk according to this rule, peace [be] on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God. ||

|| John 1:12-13 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. ||

|| Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. ||

James 4:13-5:1-20 & Ezekiel 24-26

John 13:21-30 & 1 Chronicles 21
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 12:28pm On Nov 22, 2021
Rhapsody Of Realities daily devotional. Monday, November 22nd.
TOPIC: A PECULIAR KINGDOM

SCRIPTURE: Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God (Ephesians 2:19).

We’re not of this world; we’re the peculiar people of a heavenly Kingdom. Though we live in the earth, our citizenship—the Kingdom to which we belong and from which we operate—is in heaven. It’s a royal and glorious Kingdom of priests. You were born into that Kingdom the day you were born again (Colossians 1:12-13).

It doesn’t matter that you were diagnosed with an incurable hereditary disease. It makes no difference that you were said to have a chronic heart condition. Now that you’re born again, sickness is alien to your nature; it’s an anomaly in our kingdom. Therefore, refuse to accept or accommodate it in your body.

Maybe your forbears died of a certain disease, and you’re told that’s how it’s been in your family. You now belong in a heavenly family, where Jesus is the head. You belong to a Kingdom where all things are possible and operates by the law of the Spirit of life. In this Kingdom, everyone is blessed and everything you do prospers; our joy never ends. We rejoice in adversity.

In this eternal Kingdom, we don’t allow the things which are seen to determine and control the quality of our lives. We see and live by faith. We’re confident that whatever we see that we don’t like, is subject to change: “For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal (subject to change); but the things which are not seen are eternal” (2 Corinthians 4:17-18). This is life in our Kingdom: we’re unmovable; we’re in dominion. We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. We’re forever victorious. Glory to God!

CONFESSION
I belong in the Kingdom of light, a royal and glorious Kingdom of supermen, where sin, sickness, disease, depression, poverty, frustrations and everything associated with Satan and darkness are alien. I shine and reign gloriously by grace, through righteousness. My journey in life is upward and forward, to please the Lord in all things. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Colossians 1:12-14 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated [us] into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, [even] the forgiveness of sins: ||

|| 1 Peter 2:9 AMPC But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God’s] own purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. ||

1 Peter 1:1-21 & Ezekiel 27-28

John 13:31-38 & 1 Chronicles 22
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 8:19am On Nov 23, 2021
Rhapsody Of Realities daily devotional. Tuesday, November 23rd

TOPIC: YOU’RE GOD’S DREAM

SCRIPTURE: Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures (James 1:18).

The new creature is God’s dream! He is everything God ever wanted. God created the heavens, the earth and everything therein, but He couldn’t be one with any of those things. He couldn’t fellowship with any of the animals or things He created except man. His purpose for sending Jesus was to make it possible for man to be brought into oneness with God. So, you’re very special to God.

Read our theme verse again; it says you’re the first and the best of all that God created; His excellently crafted handiwork. How could anyone know this and still think failure? You couldn’t know this and live in defeat, poverty and misery; it’s not possible! You were born in the throne room and you live right in the presence of God. Everything in this world is yours. Paul understood it and declared, “… all things are yours…the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours” (1 Corinthians 3:2122). Hallelujah!

There’s something different about you. You’re the one who can shout, “I’ve got the whole world!” even if your account balance is seemingly in minus, because you walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh. You walk by faith, not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7).

In the Old Testament, they couldn’t fulfil His dream; they were men and women of the senses. He had said to them, “Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine” (Exodus 19:5). But they couldn’t obey Him.

However, in our case, He didn’t require us to first “obey” His commandments; rather, He made us new creations and called us obedient children (1 Peter 1:14). As a result, what He promised to make them (a peculiar treasure) if they obeyed Him, we became by the New Birth.

Now that you’re born again, you’re God’s peculiar treasure. It’s what Jesus did in your behalf. The Bible says “Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works” (Titus 2:14). 1 Peter 2:9 says, “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.” Blessed be God!

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the fullness of the blessings of the Gospel, which I enjoy today as a result of Christ’s sacrifice in my behalf. Through Christ’s obedience, I’ve become a sharer and participator in the divine life and Kingdom benefits. In Christ, all your promises are fulfilled in my life, and I live in total fulfilment, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. ||

|| 1 Peter 2:9 AMPC But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God’s] own purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. ||

|| 1 Peter 1:14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: ||

1 Peter 1:22-2:1-25 & Ezekiel 29-30

John 14:1-9 & 1 Chronicles 23
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 7:58am On Nov 24, 2021
Rhapsody Of Realities daily devotional.Wednesday, November 24th.

TOPIC: WE WIN ONLY AND ALWAYS

SCRIPTURE: For…they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ (Romans 5:17).

Blessed be God! The life we have in Christ is one of absolute mastery and dominion over circumstances. We win only and always! It makes no difference what’s happening around you, maintain the mindset of a victor. Jesus said all things are possible to him that believes; that’s you. This is the testimony of Jesus concerning you. That simply makes you a superman in Christ!

You have what it takes to fix any problem and help others out of trouble. That’s part of the essence of being filled with the Spirit and having the Word of God in your heart and in your mouth. You become unshakeable.

God doesn’t want you to live as a victim of life or circumstances. He’s placed you in charge and in control. He wants you to use the Word of God to keep Satan in subjection. He wants you to use the Word to keep your body in health and keep yourself in prosperity. He wants you to discipline every situation with the Word of God.

God knows that as long as you’re in your physical body, you’re going to face crises in life. You’re going to contend with forces of darkness. But they’re not a factor, because He says, “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world” (1 John 4:4).

You were born a victor. Let that be the standpoint from which you view life. You’re more than a conqueror; you’re the blessed of God! You’ve been adequately furnished with every good and necessary thing you require for life and for godliness (2 Peter 1:3). So, stand up tall in Christ! You can never be disadvantaged. It’s victory for you all the way—in all things and in every place: “Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place” (2 Corinthians 2:14).

CONFESSION
I exercise my authority in Christ over all the power, strategies and manipulations of the adversary, and I’m eternally triumphant. I’m in charge always; I’ve overcome the world and its systems, its troubles and temptations, because greater is He that’s in me, than he that’s in the world. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:

|| 1 Corinthians 15:57 But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. ||

|| John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. ||

|| 1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. ||

1 Peter 3 & Ezekiel 31-32

John 14:10-21 & 1 Chronicles 24
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 1:54pm On Nov 25, 2021
Rhapsody Of Realities 25 November 2021

TOPIC: A Life Of Praise

SCRIPTURE: From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the LORD’s name is to be praised (Psalm 113:3).

When you come to know who you really are in Christ, your life will be full of praise. Your times of prayer will be times of praise and excitement in the presence of God. Think for a moment: what could you possibly be in need of that the Lord hasn’t already granted you? Absolutely nothing!

The Bible says, “For God has proved his love by giving us his greatest treasure, the gift of his Son. And since God freely offered him up as the sacrifice for us all, he certainly won’t withhold from us anything else he has to give” (Romans 8:32 TPT). He isn’t withholding anything from you. That’s why Paul said in 1 Corinthians 3:21, “…all things are yours.”

Then 2 Peter 1:3 says, “According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness….”Since this is true, what more, therefore, than to praise Him all your life! Even your prayer and intercession should be with a heart full of gratitude and praise because you know you’re siding with Him to cause His will to be established.

Learn to praise God. In the midst of challenges, praise Him. Be a wild praiser. Remember Paul and Silas? They were falsely accused, stripped, beaten and thrown into a maximum-security dungeon (Acts 16:19-24). But the Bible tells us that at midnight, they went wild with praise:

“And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them. And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one’s bands were loosed” (Acts 16:25-26).

Even now, forget about whatever may seem to trouble you and praise God lavishly. Tell Him how great and loving He is; sing songs of praise and adoration to Him. Celebrate the Lord right there where you are, for He’s gracious and kind, righteous, holy, faithful and ever true. Let your heart be full of praise to Him, not just today, but always. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for all you’ve done in my life; I thank you for your love, mercy and grace towards me and my loved ones. Thank you for all the victories you’ve granted me. You’re my provider, the supplier of all good things, and you’re greater than all. Even now, your glory is revealed in me, and around me. I’m eternally grateful for your presence in my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

2 Chronicles 5:13
It came even to pass, as the trumpeters and singers [were] as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the LORD; and when they lifted up [their] voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of musick, and praised the LORD, [saying], For [he is] good; for his mercy [endureth] for ever: that [then] the house was filled with a cloud, [even] the house of the LORD;

Hebrews 13:15
By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of [our] lips giving thanks to his name.

Psalm 150:1-6
Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power. 2 Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness. 3 Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp. 4 Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs. 5 Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals. 6 Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
1 Peter 4 & Ezekiel 33-34

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
John 14:22-31 & 1 Chronicles 25
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 1:26pm On Nov 27, 2021
TOPIC: Trust In Him Alone (Rhapsody of Realities 27 November 2021)

SCRIPTURE: Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God (Psalm 20:7).

2 Chronicles 14-16 tells us about Asa, King of Judah, who did what was good and right in the sight of the Lord. He commanded Judah to seek the Lord and to obey the law and the commandment, and his kingdom was at peace.

Once, Zerah, the Ethiopian King, invaded Judah with an army of a million men and three hundred chariots. Asa cried out to the Lord for supernatural intervention. The Bible says, “So the LORD smote the Ethiopians before Asa, and before Judah; and the Ethiopians fled” (2 Chronicles 14:12). Remarkable!

In the 36th year of his reign, another event occurred. Baasha, the King of Israel, made hostile threats against Judah. But this time, instead of seeking the Lord, King Asa sought a military alliance with Ben- Hadad, the King of Syria. He took silver and gold from the treasuries of the temple and the royal palace and sent them as gifts to the Syrian king. The King of Israel abandoned his plans, but the Lord was displeased with King Asa.

God sent a prophet to him to remind him of how He (God) intervened when he fought against a million soldiers from Ethiopia and other lands. Instead of listening to the message from God, the king was angry

with the prophet, and he began to oppress the people. Two years later, Asa developed a severe disease in his feet for which he sought the help of physicians, not the Lord (2 Chronicles 16:12). Can you imagine that? After thirty-five years of a wealthy, successful and productive reign, he turned his back on God. Now, he had enough money to pay mercenaries and physicians. Sadly, he died of that disease two years later. The Bible specifically tells us that the reason Asa died of that disease wasn’t because the disease was deadly, but because Asa refused to seek the Lord (2 Chronicles 16:12). That’s a major problem with some people today; they trust so much in their wealth and riches and have lost sight of who truly matters in their affairs, because they think it’s all about money.

Never let anything take your attention away from the Lord. Let the Spirit have pre-eminence in your life. Make it a principle for yourself, and one to live by, that you’ll trust the Lord only and always.

PRAYER

Dear Father, I trust you wholeheartedly in all things; you alone matter, and I delight only in your instructions, in your Word. I’m fully convinced that you have the best plans for my life; you’re more interested in and passionate for my success than I could ever be. For this, I’m grateful, and live to love you, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Proverbs 3:5-6:
5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Psalm 28:7:
7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

2 Peter 1 & Ezekiel 37-38

John 15:11-19 & 1 Chronicles 27
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 5:00pm On Nov 29, 2021
TOPIC: Focus On The Spiritual (Rhapsody of Realities 29 November 2021)

SCRIPTURE: Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth (Colossians 3:2).

In Luke 22, the Bible tells us how Jesus announced His impending death as He had Communion with His disciples. He used the occasion to reveal that one of them—Judas Iscariot—would betray Him. Shortly afterwards, Judas approached the priests and scribes and agreed to lead them to Jesus in exchange for money.

When they got to Jesus, He said to them, “When I was daily with you in the temple, ye stretched forth no hands against me: but this is your hour, and the power of darkness” (Luke 22:53). Why did Jesus say, “…this is your hour, and the power of darkness” even though the prophetic word stated clearly that He’d be arrested? He was drawing our attention to something spiritual, which is the fact that the power of darkness was behind His arrest.

This gives us a perfect example as to being spiritually alert. How conscious are you of who’s controlling your thoughts and actions? When you make a decision, who’s responsible? Always focus on the spiritual, and not on the things you perceive with your physical senses. Be sure that your actions, thoughts and desires are always God-inspired. Let the Holy Spirit lead and guide you in all things. Set your affections on Him. Colossians 3:2 says, “Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.”

Set your mind on the eternal Word of God and let the Holy Spirit be your teacher. The Bible says, “For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace” (Romans 8:5-6).

PRAYER

Dear Father, by the power of your Spirit, I consciously exercise my mind to focus on the spiritual realities of the Word, things that are honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous and praiseworthy. I’m spiritually minded, allowing only the thoughts guided by the Word, to the praise and glory of your Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Romans 8:5-6 (KJV)
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

2 Corinthians 4:17-18 (KJV)
17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; 18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Philippians 3:20 (KJV)
For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

2 Peter 3 & Ezekiel 41-42

John 16:1-11 & 1 Chronicles 29
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 9:28am On Nov 30, 2021
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 30TH

TOPIC:WE’RE IN A WARFARE

For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does (2 Corinthians 10:3 NIV).

Even though we live in the world, we’re engaged in a spiritual warfare. In Ephesians 6:12, the Apostle Paul tells us about the spirituality of this warfare. He says, “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”

Notice that the conflict is always on, and he also referenced “the evil day,” helping you understand the difference between a war and its battles. A war is the declaration of a state of hostilities. 1 Corinthians 14:8 AMPC tells us, “And if the war bugle gives an uncertain (indistinct) call, who will prepare for battle?”

A battle is the actual fight of a war; when the actual fight begins, that’s the “battle” of the war. Another expression for war is when you’re contending for something; it’s more passionate, and you don’t necessarily use arms. The point is that we have an adversary that we are up against—Satan.

Certain times, people get confused and say, “I thought I had conquered this thing”; the truth is you’re in a war. The devil doesn’t just go to sleep. Consider the temptation of Jesus. The Bible says, “And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season” (Luke 4:13).

The devil left him until an opportune time (NIV). Satan knew he was defeated at that occasion, so he left Him for another time that he felt he’d have a chance. 1 Peter 5:8-9 says, “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour. Whom resist stedfast in the faith….”

It doesn’t matter that there’s an adversary who’s all out to oppose the Gospel and God’s children; he’s under our feet. Ephesians 6:10-11 says, “…be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.”

You have the dominion and authority over principalities, powers, the rulers of the darkness of this world, and spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Use the spiritual weapons at your disposal (Read Ephesians 6:14-18) to keep them at bay, to frustrate their stratagems and wiles, and foil all their evil works. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
Thank you, blessed Father, for the authority given me in Christ to keep Satan and his cohorts at bay. I’m fully equipped and fortified with the whole armour of God, strong in the Lord and in the power of His might to triumph in the evil day. I’m eternally grateful for your love and kindness. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
4 (For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

1 Peter 5:8-9 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan
1 John 1-2:1-14 & Ezekiel 43-44

2-Year Bible Reading Plan
John 16:12-22 & 2 Chronicles 1-2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 2:28pm On Dec 01, 2021
TOPIC: There’s Enough Power In You (Rhapsody of Realities 1 December 2021)

SCRIPTURE: “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth” (Acts 1:cool.

Some years ago, a young man came to me and said he suddenly woke up one day to discover half of his body had become numb. He had lost feeling on that side of his body, including his face. This happened overnight. When he talked to me about it, I knew he had to swing into action immediately.

So, I asked him to go over to a certain side of the platform, kneel there, and for an hour nonstop; he should pray in tongues as fast, hard, and as loud as he could. I told him to do this repeatedly for a few days and monitored him while he was at it. I knew it was serious business, but he didn’t need anybody to lay hands on him.

After some days of praying in the Holy Ghost like that, all the symptoms disappeared and he was completely healed. Hallelujah! After you’re born again, everything in your body is already touched by the power of the Holy Spirit. There’s life in you. You can’t be a failure or be diseased. You can’t be said to be barren.

It doesn’t matter what you go through in life, take advantage of the power in you for the change and miracle you require. That power is activated as you pray in tongues, and it’s dynamic in its working. We read in our theme verse, “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you….” That power is “dunamis” (Greek)—the dynamic ability to cause changes.

There’s no situation you can’t change by yourself! The inherent power to do exceedingly abundantly above all that you could ask, think or imagine isn’t in heaven; it’s in you. You may have been told that you were born with an incurable disease; it doesn’t make any difference now, because you can change it! Put the Word to work; activate the power in you for a miracle. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Thank you, blessed Father, for the authority given me in Christ to keep Satan and his cohorts at bay. I’m fully equipped and fortified with the whole armour of God, strong in the Lord and in the power of His might to triumph in the evil day. I’m eternally grateful for your love and kindness. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 (KJV)
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: 4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink 5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

1 Peter 5:8-9 (KJV)
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

1 John 1-2:1-14; Ezekiel 43-44

John 16:12-22; 2 Chronicles 1-2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 4:14pm On Dec 02, 2021
Rhapsody Of Realities daily devotional. Thursday, December 2nd.

TOPIC: HE’LL MAKE IT HAPPEN FOR YOU

SCRIPTURE: Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full (John 16:23-24).

The phrase “…he will give it you” in the verse above is “dido mi” in Greek, and it means God will grant you what you require; He’ll make it happen for you. What Jesus said there gives us an open invitation to ask anything in His Name and expect to receive answers.

Sadly, some people aren’t putting this to work, yet they whine and gripe over their predicaments. He said, “…ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.” He doesn’t want you struggling through life, angry and miserable. He wants you joyful ALWAYS, and He knows one of the ways to make that happen is having your requests granted, you being in surplus and abundance.

Perhaps today, your business is failing or has failed, or your investments have gone down the drain; perhaps you’re facing serious challenges in any area of your life; the Lord is saying, “Ask what you will, and I’ll make it happen for you!” Whatever it is that you want, don’t cry; don’t beg; don’t gripe. Just act on His Word; ask and receive.

The Lord loves you. He’s more passionate and determined for your success than you could ever be. So, whatever troubles you, present it to Him as He has said. In Philippians 4:6-7, He said, “Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”

He’s made more than enough provisions for you—to make you joyful and fulfilled in life. The Bible says He gives us all things freely to enjoy (1 Timothy 6:17); yours is to simply trust Him; ask in faith, in the Name of Jesus, and receive.

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for this open invitation to ask anything in the Name of Jesus and receive answers. You’ve proven time and time again that it’s your delight to answer my prayers and graciously grant my heart’s desires. I know I have all I require for life and godliness, for you’ve already made them available to me in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| John 16:23-24 TPT For here is eternal truth: When that time comes you won’t need to ask me for anything, but instead you will go directly to the Father and ask him for anything you desire and he will give it to you, because of your relationship with me. 24 Until now you’ve not been bold enough to ask the Father for a single thing in my name, but now you can ask, and keep on asking him! And you can be sure that you’ll receive what you ask for, and your joy will have no limits! ||

|| Matthew 7:7-8 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. ||

1 John 3:11-24 & Ezekiel 47-48

John 17:1-10 & 2 Chronicles 5-6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 11:10am On Dec 03, 2021
Rhapsody Of Realities daily devotional.
Friday, December 3rd

TOPIC: FASTING—A VITAL CONDITION FOR EFFECTIVE PRAYING

SCRIPTURE: And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes (Daniel 9:3).

Fasting is a spiritual exercise, and it’s one of the vital conditions necessary for effective praying. Fasting isn’t the same as a hunger strike. It’s not about avoiding meals. After all, there’re folks who sometimes wouldn’t eat over a long period of time, probably because they’re busy; that doesn’t mean they’re fasting. Fasting means turning your attention away from food, and turning it to God.

Some people turn away from the food only to busy themselves with activities that don’t enhance their human spirit or help them to focus on God. For your fasting to be effective, you must set your heart on the Lord, on His Word, throughout the duration of the fast, and give quality time to praying in the Spirit.

Fasting, however, isn’t a way of persuading God to do something in your behalf. Fasting doesn’t change God; it changes you; it positions you spiritually so you can receive from Him. For instance, the instruction from the Lord to the apostles that Barnabas and Saul (who later became Paul) should be consecrated to the work of the ministry came as the apostles fasted and prayed: “As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them” (Acts 13:2).

The apostles could hear the voice of the Holy Spirit clearly, and they understood Him, because they were praying and fasting. Fasting gets you attuned to God; it’s a way of turning your spirit and mind away from the carnal things of this world in order to focus them on the Lord. That means you put away the secular magazines, films, TV shows etc., and set your heart and your mind on the Word in study, meditation and prayer.

As you do this, the flesh is subdued as your spirit fellowships with God. Therefore, when you pray, you’re able to utter words inspired of the Holy Spirit. Fasting basically reconditions your human spirit and makes you receptive to God’s guidance. He may have tried to lead or guide you in a certain way, yet you failed to decipher His signals. But when you fast and pray, you’re repositioned, and your spiritual re-orientation allows the Holy Spirit to minister to you in line with His perfect will.

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for the blessings and spiritual benefits of prayer and fasting, which help me to be effective in the things of the Spirit; my ability to hear and receive from you is sharpened. I’m more attuned to the finer signals and instructions of the Spirit that I need for a higher level of life; a life of continuous glory and success, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Acts 13:2 TPT While they were worshiping as priests before the Lord in prayer and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “I have called Barnabas and Saul to do an important work for me. Now, release them to go and fulfill it.” ||

|| Daniel 9:3 And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes: ||

|| Acts 14:23 And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed. ||

1 John 4 & Daniel 1-2

John 17:11-21 & 2 Chronicles 7-8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 11:05am On Dec 04, 2021
TOPIC: Building A Strong Desire (Rhapsody of Realities 4 December 2021)

SCRIPTURE: Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled (Matthew 5:6).

Sequel to our previous study, something else that fasting does for you is that it helps you build a strong desire. Fasting helps nurse your spiritual hunger or desire for whatever you’re praying about. Gradually, your desire moves from the soul realm to the spirit realm; it becomes a yearning of the spirit.

Perhaps, you’re a cell leader, fellowship coordinator or church Pastor and you’re praying for growth in your church or group; there has to be a strong desire for the increase you’re expecting; otherwise, it may never happen. A strong desire attracts to you whatever the subject of that desire is. Fasting without a definite and clear desire will achieve nothing. Because of your focus in a time of fasting, you’re able to attract through the Spirit, the finer signals, messages and visions of the higher planes of the spiritual.

As your spirit is thus inspired, you’d be quick to receive His Word and follow the guidance He gives you. The Bible says: “The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple” (Psalm 119:130). His Word will light up in your spirit and illuminate your path. Suddenly, you just know what to do, the steps to take that’ll bring about the results you desire.

In the preceding verse of scripture, the word “understanding” is translated from a Hebrew word that means or connotes “the ability to apprehend.” When God’s Word enters your heart, it gives you the ability to understand diverse subjects and circumstances, such that you’d know exactly what steps to take. Learn to develop a strong desire through fasting, prayer, and an unrelenting commitment to studying and meditating on the Word of God.

PRAYER

Dear Father, I’m positioned rightly to receive the instructions, directions and guidance that come to me through the Word as I pray and fast. My spirit is attuned to your signals, and my desire for the propagation of the Gospel and the salvation of souls around the world is fanned aflame; your zeal in me glows even more. I’m sensitive to your direction for my next level of life and ministry, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Romans 12:11 (AMPC)
Never lag in zeal and in earnest endeavor; be aglow and burning with the Spirit, serving the Lord.

Nehemiah 1:4 (KJV)
And it came to pass, when I heard these words, that I sat down and wept, and mourned certain days, and fasted, and prayed before the God of heaven,

1 John 5 & Daniel 3-4

John 17:22-26 & 2 Chronicles 9-10
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 6:56pm On Dec 09, 2021
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 9TH
TOPIC: IMPACT OF THE WORD IN YOUR SPIRIT

SCRIPTURE: Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord (Colossians 3:16).

The Word of God has to be deeply rooted in you for you to enjoy the life of endless victories the Bible talks about. When you’re deeply rooted in the Word, nothing shakes you; you’ll always win, irrespective of the adversities you face. It’s not enough to merely get excited when you hear or study the Word; take some time to meditate.

When you get excited outwardly, let it be because of the victory you’ve seen and obtained in your spirit, and the impact the Word has made on your spirit. The Word impacting your spirit is where the glory is. Consider Moses: After spending forty days and forty nights with God on Mount Sinai receiving the Commandments, the skin of his face shone by reason of the glory of the Word he received from God. To Moses, the commandments weren’t just laws; they were life.

When you deeply contemplate and meditate on the Word, the Word will take a hold of your spirit and impact your physical body, so much so that the glory of God will literally beam from you. 2 Corinthians 3:18 says, “But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.” As you receive the Word, the intensity of the glory in your life is increased!

Read our theme verse again; it says, “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom…” (Colossians 3:16). This is the way to keep yourself afire, living in victory always, unshakeable and unmovable, established in Him. Colossians 2:7 AMPC says, “Have the roots [of your being] firmly and deeply planted [in Him, fixed and founded in Him], being continually built up in Him, becoming increasingly more confirmed and established in the faith, just as you were taught, and abounding and overflowing in it with thanksgiving.”

CONFESSION

I cultivate a deep appetite for the Word, in study and meditation. The Word gains the ascendancy in my spirit and causes the glory, excellence, beauties and perfections of God to be seen in and through me. The Word puts me over in life; with the Word in my spirit, and coming forth from my mouth, I serve the Lord faithfully and bring Him glory now and forever, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

Colossians 2:7 NLT Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.

Colossians 3:16 AMPC Let the word [spoken by] Christ (the Messiah) have its home [in your hearts and minds] and dwell in you in [all its] richness, as you teach and admonish and train one another in all insight and intelligence and wisdom [in spiritual things, and as you sing] psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, making melody to God with [His] grace in your hearts.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan
Revelation 2:1-17 & Hosea 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan
John 19:1-12 & 2 Chronicles 19-20
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 9:14am On Dec 13, 2021
TOPIC: The Blessing Of The Scriptures
Rhapsody of Realities 13 December

Scripture: Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all (1 Timothy 4:15).

Some people admit to having “blue days”; they’re excited sometimes, and at some other times they’re depressed, unhappy and wish they could end it all. If only such folks could get a hold of the Word and draw their inspiration from the Scriptures; it’ll make all the difference. I’m always inspired and blessed by the Word; I don’t have any blue or down days; I’m on top always; ever inspired!

The Bible says, “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness” (2 Timothy 3:16). Think about that! The Scripture is given by the inspiration of God; that means it’s God breathed. Then it says it’s profitable; meaning it gives you the advantage.

It’s also for doctrine, meaning it teaches and conditions you. It’s for reproof and correction: the Word moulds your character and gives you a new mindset. Finally, it’s an instruction manual for the life of righteousness. No other material could be this good for life. No other material could give you the advantage and inspiration you need to win in life every day.

The seventeenth verse further tells us the result of imbibing the Scriptures, applying yourself diligently to the Scriptures. It says, “That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.” The Blessing of the Holy Scriptures! They were given to position you to be very successful, thoroughly furnished unto all good works—excellence; nothing is left out.

I knew from a very young age that I was going to be excellent in my life. I found some things in the Scriptures that gave me the impression—the absolute understanding—that I was going to be very successful. It was like a programmed projectile; I knew where I was going. The Word was given to programme my life for success, for excellence, for prosperity in everything. Didn’t you read about Abraham, Moses and David? These men were successful in everything, through God’s Word.

Likewise, through the inspiration of the Word, you too can be successful, and there’s no question about it. Study the Word for yourself. Give time to meditating on the Scriptures; the result is a life of undeniable success, ever-increasing glory, and unending prosperity. (Read Joshua 1:8 AMPC)

PRAYER

Dear Father, I’m inspired and propelled by your Word; I’m yielded to it, for it’s profitable to me for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. The Word brings perfection, excellence, distinction and quality into my spirit, and with joy, I draw from all the blessings of Christ inherent in the deep recesses of my spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: Joshua 1:8 AMPC; Psalm 119:15-16; Psalm 119:47-48

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Revelation 5 & Joel 1-3

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: John 20:1-10 & 2 Chronicles 26-27

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Once A Christian...unsure...questioning. A Thread For Questions. / Pope Francis Urges Nigerians To Imbibe Religious Tolerance / Chris Oyakhilome, Is He A Man From Satan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 269
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.