Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,494 members, 7,836,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership (4439 Views)

Appeal Court’s Certified Judgment Affirms Governor Abba’s Election - Kano AG / APC National Convention: CCEPC Zones Party Offices (See List) / Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by garfield1: 10:46pm On Aug 06, 2021
fergie001:

Then they should pull out S.153 then.... From now onwards, none will be obeyed.

No,they should amend it and strike out those alien to our statutes
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by fergie001: 10:53pm On Aug 06, 2021
garfield1:
No,they should amend it and strike out those alien to our statutes
No, unless they put the guidelines in the Electoral Act, black and white.

To ammend it will amount to the same thing...If you want signatures, put it there; if you want anything....let it be there.
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by garfield1: 10:57pm On Aug 06, 2021
fergie001:

No, unless they put the guidelines in the Electoral Act, black and white.

To ammend it will amount to the same thing...If you want signatures, put it there; if you want anything....let it be there.

I told you that some of those guidelines are in the constitution and the supreme court has affirmed some other guidelines like the one governing actual elections,collation,supplementary polls etc
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by fergie001: 11:14pm On Aug 06, 2021
garfield1:

I told you that some of those guidelines are in the constitution and the supreme court has affirmed some other guidelines like the one governing actual elections,collation,supplementary polls etc
That's what I am saying....
The signatures are not in the electoral act, so they should ensure that they just don't put guidelines but state the guidelines in the Electoral Act.

Ehen....I will want to know....Can you take an "oath of office" and still be Acting?
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by garfield1: 11:17pm On Aug 06, 2021
fergie001:

That's what I am saying....
The signatures are not in the electoral act, so they should ensure that they just don't put guidelines but state the guidelines in the Electoral Act.

Ehen....I will want to know....Can you take an "oath of office" and still be Acting?

According to the supreme court,yes...
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by fergie001: 11:18pm On Aug 06, 2021
garfield1:
According to the supreme court,yes...
Alright oooo grin
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:28pm On Aug 06, 2021
garfield1:

I can't forget the way fergie001 argued with me on this matter....cc Agboriotejoye, anigbajumo

Two things.

If the SC judgment truly endorses the position of Buni, then it indicates that the division in APC is tending towards ballistic as the ACN wing of the party are now obviously desperate they want to use any means including ambush to kick out the Buni led leadership. I thought you are supporter of the Tinubu camp. If you are, then I really don't see what you are rejoicing about because if it is indeed true that Osinbajo called for a suspension like Keyamo did, then he will be at the losing end of the political stick and the CPC arm will take full and total control of the party going forward and will ruthlessly implement their agenda whatever it may be.

Secondly, if the SC endorses a governor acting as a national chairman (by which they have also given governors the fillip to act out of the constitution) and claim that a form used to submit names is not a legal document with effect, then they have unwittingly whittled down the powers of INEC just as they did with the Imo case. It now seems as if the courts especially SC want to remove the Independent from INEC and put them firmly under the court's control. The constitution gives INEC powers to conduct elections and to release guidelines and procedures for elections. The SC has been systematically chipping away this sweeping powers such that now, even qualification of a candidate which the constitution gives INEC prerogative over has been taken away from them. Where they are going with this I will wait to see.
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by engineerboat(m): 11:29pm On Aug 06, 2021
kahal29:

Make I welcome you back with some snippets of the judgement

You can do better by providing the full majority judgement
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by fergie001: 11:32pm On Aug 06, 2021
Agboriotejoye:
Secondly, if the SC endorses a governor acting as a national chairman (by which they have also given governors the fillip to act out of the constitution) and claim that a form used to submit names is not a legal document with effect, then they have unwittingly whittled down the powers of INEC just as they did with the Imo case.

It now seems as if the courts especially SC want to remove the Independent from INEC and put them firmly under the Court's control. The constitution gives INEC powers to conduct elections and to release guidelines and procedures for elections. The SC has been systematically chipping away this sweeping powers such that now, even qualification of a candidate which the constitution gives INEC prerogative over has been taken away from them. Where they are going with this I will wait to see.
I am baffled.

Even one can take an "oath of office" yet, the position is temporary, let me hope the former Chief Justice of Swaziland didn't author this.
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by garfield1: 11:33pm On Aug 06, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Two things.

If the SC judgment truly endorses the position of Buni, then it indicates that the division in APC is tending towards ballistic as the ACN wing of the party are now obviously desperate they want to use any means including ambush to kick out the Buni led leadership. I thought you are supporter of the Tinubu camp. If you are, then I really don't see what you are rejoicing about because if it is indeed true that Osinbajo called for a suspension like Keyamo did, then he will be at the losing end of the political stick and the CPC arm will take full and total control of the party going forward and will ruthlessly implement their agenda whatever it may be.

Secondly, if the SC endorses a governor acting as a national chairman (by which they have also given governors the fillip to act out of the constitution) and claim that a form used to submit names is not a legal document with effect, then they have unwittingly whittled down the powers of INEC just as they did with the Imo case. It now seems as if the courts especially SC want to remove the Independent from INEC and put them firmly under the court's control. The constitution gives INEC powers to conduct elections and to release guidelines and procedures for elections. The SC has been systematically chipping away this sweeping powers such that now, even qualification of a candidate which the constitution gives INEC prerogative over has been taken away from them. Where they are going with this I will wait to see.

The camp which I am supporting does not matter,what matters is the interest of apc.in summary,the supreme court has vindicated me.I was right after all and you were brutally wrong.shikena
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:35pm On Aug 06, 2021
fergie001:

Alright oooo grin

Of course I agree. You can take oath of office and still be acting. But for me, the fact is that being in acting position itself is like occupying the office albeit temporarily. So I don't understand why the SC will say occupying office temporarily does not mean you have taken two employments. They seem to forget the other word of executive office. The constitution they rely upon never mentioned temporary or permanent. It just said "NO EXECUTIVE OFFICE".

By the way, which office is permanent in the true sense. The SC is just a bunch of jokers if this snippets are actually true.

Osinbajo is also the biggest loser here if it is true he called Buni to call off the congress
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:39pm On Aug 06, 2021
garfield1:

The camp which I am supporting does not matter,what matters is the interest of apc.in summary,the supreme court has vindicated me.I was right after all and you were brutally wrong.shikena

You were not right bros. Your argument was that only an APC member could sue the APC. You claimed it was an internal matter of the party. The SC might have said Buni's position is ok to them but that was never your argument.
Stop being clever by a quarter.

BTW, what and who is the APC? Is it Buni or Tinubu, Buhari or Osinbajo?
I already told you you're just an urchin shouting APC. You don't seem to understand anything about the party itself
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by fergie001: 11:42pm On Aug 06, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Of course I agree. You can take oath of office and still be acting. But for me, the fact is that being in acting position itself is like occupying the office albeit temporarily. So I don't understand why the SC will say occupying office temporarily does not mean you have taken two employments. They seem to forget the other word of executive office. The constitution they rely upon never mentioned temporary or permanent. It just said "NO EXECUTIVE OFFICE".

By the way, which office is permanent in the true sense. The SC is just a bunch of jokers if this snippets are actually true.

Osinbajo is also the biggest loser here if it is true he called Buni to call off the Congress
Whether the VP loses or wins, I don't see him as a different politician....I "bunch" them together.

My point is strictly on the bolded, that is 1.

What is the reason for an "oath of office"? "

Agim agreed that it was an Executive Office but started distinguishing types of Executive Office....Did Constitution ask you that one? grin

This is my point..."You take an oath of office to assume the duties of an Office"......what is the acting or temporary there?

Your office is determined and encapsulated in that Oath.
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:43pm On Aug 06, 2021
fergie001:

I am baffled.

Even one can take an "oath of office" yet, the position is temporary, let me hope the former Chief Justice of Swaziland didn't author this.

Lol. I suspect it's the Chief Justice of the gwara gwara
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by garfield1: 11:43pm On Aug 06, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

You were not right bros. Your argument was that only an APC member could sue the APC. You claimed it was an internal matter of the party. The SC might have said Buni's position is ok to them but that was never your argument.
Stop being clever by a quarter.

Funny,am totally clever by the way.the factbis that no one can take buni to court except he becomes the substantive chairman.learn to manage and accept intellectual defeats mr
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by fergie001: 11:46pm On Aug 06, 2021
Agboriotejoye:
Lol. I suspect it's the Chief Justice of the gwara gwara
Agim used to be in the Gambia Supreme Court and a former Chief Justice of the Swaziland.

He went ahead of AGUBE who should be leaving in 2023.
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:58pm On Aug 06, 2021
garfield1:

Funny,am totally clever by the way.the factbis that no one can take buni to court except he becomes the substantive chairman.learn to manage and accept intellectual defeats mr

Not that I have seen. Even on this thread, while arguing with fergie, you changed position twice till someone came to bail you out with copies of the judgment.
Don't forget you opened this thread dressing someone's opinion as the SC judgement.

Again, the SC said Buni should have been joined in the case which was instituted by PDP so I don't see how that see how buttresses your position.

Why add the issue of substantive chairman by the way? Is it because the SC has committed another blunder based on that? I ask you, does section 183 say the employment prohibited is the permanent one? If that is the case, our governors can be on the board of companies. Those are temporary employments as well as part-time not so?
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:00am On Aug 07, 2021
fergie001:

Agim used to be in the Gambia Supreme Court and a former Chief Justice of the Swaziland.

He went ahead of AGUBE who should be leaving in 2023.

grin grin

I see now. Thanx for that piece of info.

One only wonders what other legal rigmaroles he bequeathed on those poor unfortunate souls in Swazi.

It seems Swaziland is in love with Nigerian judges then
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by garfield1: 12:03am On Aug 07, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Not that I have seen. Even on this thread, while arguing with fergie, you changed position twice till someone came to bail you out with copies of the judgment.
Don't forget you opened this thread dressing someone's opinion as the SC judgement.

Again, the SC said Buni should have been joined in the case which was instituted by PDP so I don't see how that see how buttresses your position.

Why add the issue of substantive chairman by the way? Is it because the SC has committed another blunder based on that? I ask you, does section 183 say the employment prohibited is the permanent one? If that is the case, our governors can be on the board of companies. Those are temporary employments as well as part-time not so?

The supreme court has spoken.up up apccc. bye felicia grin
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by OBUKSBAYELSA: 4:26am On Aug 07, 2021
fergie001:

The judgement didn't touch the issue at all....The judgement dwelt on the Non-Joinder.

I have not seen nor read the judgement but rather clips from the majority and minority judgement are in public domain, the minority judgement seems to suggest that once the party is joined no need for the person to be included while the majority judgement suggest you must join the individual involved. My take in looking at majority judgement is that Jegede failed because Buni was not added if that is the case then there is trouble ahead.
The PDP could test the judgement by asking its candidates who ran bye Elections for election conducted by Inec in which its candidates lost to APC to go to court but I doubt if the PDP will want to do that as a tactics. Indeed, interesting legal times are ahead of us. Good Morning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Don't Give Your Life To Men - Seun Osewa Advices Women Not To Join Nigerian Army / :( Mehn See As Bandits Dey Chill For Zamfara State High Way / Tinubu's Presidency: The Disrespect From Other African Countries Have Started

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.