Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,385 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership (4438 Views)

Appeal Court’s Certified Judgment Affirms Governor Abba’s Election - Kano AG / APC National Convention: CCEPC Zones Party Offices (See List) / Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by wickyyolo: 12:48pm On Aug 05, 2021
garfield1:
Once again,I am the greatest legal and political analyst here

Stick to National politics.
PYO will emerge in 2023.
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by garfield1: 12:48pm On Aug 05, 2021
wickyyolo:

Stick to National politics.
PYO will emerge in 2023.

Yes oh
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by chiefobdk(m): 12:51pm On Aug 05, 2021
Monogamy:

Pdp are only feeling too big to change their party name, the name Pdp alone is a big turn off to reasonable Nigerians.

Should Apc zone their presidency to North, new party would emerge, comprises of disgruntled Apc and Pdp members.

More like Southern Political party..

Afonja political party

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by seunmsg(m): 1:29pm On Aug 05, 2021
fergie001:

They are just looking for somebody from the ANPP or CPC block to take over. Past Chairmen, Odigie-Oyegun & Oshiomhole came from the ACN. Buni was ANPP.
They really want to control this thing.

Oyegun was from ANPP.
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by fergie001: 1:30pm On Aug 05, 2021
seunmsg:

Oyegun was from ANPP.
Thanks jareh.....Soludo is about to crash.
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by abrat: 4:38pm On Aug 05, 2021
So if truly the CCEPC is illegally constituted, then all its activity right from inception is null and void.
1. He constituted and Inaugurated caretaker committee in all the states (June 2020)
2.Even those that contested and won Govership election during his tenure
3.Directly or indirectly, the states caretaker committee he inaugurated is illegal, therefore the L.G elections conducted recently in Lagos and Ogun states can not be won by APC (by law) because the illegal caretaker chairmen in those states signed APC candidates form (illegally) submitted to SIEC.. hnmmmmmmm. This is a serious issue
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by engineerboat(m): 7:57pm On Aug 06, 2021
garfield1:

But in a full judgment of the Supreme Court extrated and a copy made available to newsmen by a member of the CECPC, Prof. Tahir Mamman SAN, the apex court held that “the law is and still remain that the provisions that govern sponsorship and nomination of candidates in an election are: Sections 31 and 87 of the Electoral Act, 2010 as amended.

This is low and disappointing from you.so if you see the full judgment,you will pay for damages?

Old habit die hard.

Stop it
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by engineerboat(m): 7:58pm On Aug 06, 2021
fergie001:

I know you want to rile me up, old habits die hard. It's too early.

The dissenting is below.....Please, if you have the copy, can you post it for us?

He will never because of same purpose.

Long time
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by garfield1: 7:58pm On Aug 06, 2021
engineerboat:

Old habit die hard.

Stop it

Up up apc
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by fergie001: 8:00pm On Aug 06, 2021
engineerboat:

He will never because of same purpose. Long time
Really long time oooo. I thought you were using an alt sef.....How things nah?
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by engineerboat(m): 8:18pm On Aug 06, 2021
fergie001:

Really long time oooo. I thought you were using an alt sef.....How things nah?

Really long time.

Nop

I was deeply occupied.
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by engineerboat(m): 8:19pm On Aug 06, 2021
garfield1:

Up up apc

Post the full judgement

Is that too hard for.

You think osinbajo is making move for fun
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by fergie001: 8:20pm On Aug 06, 2021
engineerboat:

Really long time.

Nop

I was deeply occupied.
Ok....Welcome back.
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by engineerboat(m): 8:21pm On Aug 06, 2021
fergie001:

Ok....Welcome back.

Just a pity my comeback had to be this issue.

APC should be bold enough to release the full judgement.

I'm sure it's with them already
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by OBUKSBAYELSA: 8:26pm On Aug 06, 2021
fergie001:

I even thought you will post the copy here...Instead you are posting what a Professor Tahir said.

Please post the leading judgement let me read. I have the dissenting.

This news is a regurgitation of an old news which is not the copy of the Supreme Court.....

Fergie001 and my brother Garfield long time no see but, my take here is that we need a true copy of the Supreme Court judgement to make a valued analysis of the judgement for now my fingers are crossed.
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by kahal29: 8:38pm On Aug 06, 2021
engineerboat:

Post the full judgement

Is that too hard for.

You think osinbajo is making move for fun

Make I welcome you back with some snippets of the judgement

Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by fergie001: 9:09pm On Aug 06, 2021
OBUKSBAYELSA:
Fer.gie001 and my brother Garfield long time no see but, my take here is that we need a true copy of the Supreme Court judgement to make a valued analysis of the judgement for now my fingers are crossed.
The judgement didn't touch the issue at all....The judgement dwelt on the Non-Joinder.
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by kahal29: 9:13pm On Aug 06, 2021
fergie001:

The judgement didn't touch the issue at all....The judgement dwelt on the Non-Joinder.

Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by garfield1: 9:44pm On Aug 06, 2021
fergie001:

Fergie001, now that you have seen the judgment,can you apologise and pay for damages?
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by garfield1: 9:49pm On Aug 06, 2021
kahal29:

Make I welcome you back with some snippets of the judgement

I can't forget the way fergie001 argued with me on this matter....cc Agboriotejoye, anigbajumo
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by garfield1: 9:49pm On Aug 06, 2021
[quote author=kahal29 post=104506350][/quote]

Please,help me with the link sir
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by garfield1: 9:54pm On Aug 06, 2021
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by fergie001: 9:55pm On Aug 06, 2021
kahal29:
Akomaye JSC has said a few things that will come up later as we move on...

1. When you take an "oath of office", it can be for a temporary role if it is so mentioned.

2. Taking an oath doesn't mean you are holding the office.

3.. The Party need not sign a forwarded letter to INEC presenting her candidates to the body, not doing so brings no repercussions.

4. An invalid signature does not invalidate a document.

Ekiti is next year......
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by fergie001: 9:58pm On Aug 06, 2021
garfield1:
Fer.gie001, now that you have seen the judgment,can you apologise and pay for damages?
I will do that after you apologise for Giadom and Diri grin

I don't like to take it out on Judges but there are areas he was contradictory. Trust me, INEC will be worse hit by this.

Anyways, it is still in INEC's powers to reject or accept it. If they say they won't take it......Nothing will happen. (Signature)
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by garfield1: 10:05pm On Aug 06, 2021
fergie001:

I will do that after you apologise for Giadom and Diri grin

I don't like to take it out on Judges but there are areas he was contradictory. Trust me, INEC will be worse hit by this.

Giadom and diri how? That diri on was 50 50 but here was clear.they were never going to remove aketi whether buni signed or not.all my words were prophetic from when I said the word ACTING will come to play to inec not having any powers to exclude based on nomination form....plus only a secretary can sign.infact,no signature is needed...this judgment has clearly told inec that they cannot reject any form.

Again,this restores Andy uba as the governor of anambra..
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by fergie001: 10:19pm On Aug 06, 2021
garfield1:
Giadom and diri how? That diri own was 50 50 but here was clear. They were never going to remove aketi whether buni signed or not.
FACT

all my words were prophetic from when I said the word ACTING will come to play
Do you take an oath of office in Acting Capacity?
This is the first time I am hearing such.

to inec not having any powers to exclude based on nomination form....plus only a secretary can sign.infact,no signature is needed...this judgment has clearly told inec that they cannot reject any form.
The Court said any or no signature doesn't invalidate the document (that's where I am baffled), but a previous judgement of the SC was clear that the electoral act is a product of the National Assembly, who is vested with the responsibility of making laws which must stand unless it comes in conflict with the Constitution.

Now S.153 of this Act still states that INEC has the right to make Guidelines & Regulations to suit its administration wrt election. Isn't that contradictory?

What makes you think other guidelines will hold any water?
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by garfield1: 10:35pm On Aug 06, 2021
fergie001:

FACT

Do you take an oath of office in Acting Capacity?
This is the first time I am hearing such.

The Court said any or no signature doesn't invalidate the document (that's where I am baffled), but a previous judgement of the SC was clear that the electoral act is a product of the National Assembly, who is vested with the responsibility of making laws which must stand unless it comes in conflict with the Constitution.

Now S.153 of this Act still states that INEC has the right to make Guidelines & Regulations to suit its administration wrt election. Isn't that contradictory?

What makes you think other guidelines will hold any water?

I told you earlier that when it comes to qualifications and disq,the supreme court are predictable.they usually look at 177 and 182 and then the electoral act.any other law will not stand.inec though has powers but this power is heavily limited esp when it concerns disq or qualifications.again,the electoral act said a lot of things about nominations yet refused to talk about signatures.if inec does not have powers to use common card reader,why would they do so based on signatures? The supreme court is predictable,they refused to remove a governor because of fake age,fake nysc etc.they will always find a way to protect governors.
The guidelines that can only hold water are those that are clearly provided by the electoral act.anything outside that is mere formalities
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership by fergie001: 10:36pm On Aug 06, 2021
garfield1:
I told you earlier that when it comes to qualifications and disq,the supreme court are predictable.they usually look at 177 and 182 and then the electoral act. any other law will not stand.inec though has powers but this power is heavily limited esp when it concerns disq or qualifications.again,the electoral act said a lot of things about nominations yet refused to talk about signatures. if inec does not have powers to use common card reader,why would they do so based on signatures? The supreme court is predictable,they refused to remove a governor because of fake age,fake nysc etc.they will always find a way to protect governors.
The guidelines that can only hold water are those that are clearly provided by the electoral act.anything outside that is mere formalities
Then they should pull out S.153 then.... From now onwards, none will be obeyed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The 'spartacus COVID Letter' That's Gone Viral / Tinubu's Presidency: The Disrespect From Other African Countries Have Started / Rights Activists Criticize SDP/Achuba's Call For Protest In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.