Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,977 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Which ICT Course Do I Pursue? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Which ICT Course Do I Pursue? (362 Views)

ICT Jobs Only Whatsapp Group (details Inside) / ICT Companies In Ijebu Ode / Where Can I Do ICT Training In Lag Or Ekiti? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which ICT Course Do I Pursue? by passyciao(m): 11:04am On Aug 05, 2021
Am a novicewhen it comes to ICT, but the interest to pursue a career is there. Pls i need your suggestions/help in making my decision as to what aspect to focus on. Which area of ICT guarantees employment & good pay? Your opinions will help a great deal in choosing my career path. Thanks!
Re: Which ICT Course Do I Pursue? by yuping(m): 11:06am On Aug 05, 2021
Networking and softwares engineer

1 Like

Re: Which ICT Course Do I Pursue? by passyciao(m): 11:07am On Aug 05, 2021
Pls your suggestions will be well appreciated if they come with reasons & possible duration of study!
Re: Which ICT Course Do I Pursue? by passyciao(m): 11:09am On Aug 05, 2021
[quote author=yuping post=104450862]Networking and softwares engineer Pls give an overview of what this entails
Re: Which ICT Course Do I Pursue? by spice123(m): 11:14am On Aug 05, 2021
passyciao:
Am a novicewhen it comes to ICT, but the interest to pursue a career is there. Pls i need your suggestions/help in making my decision as to what aspect to focus on. Which area of ICT guarantees employment & good pay? Your opinions will help a great deal in choosing my career path. Thanks!
I would advise you choose your passion. I.T is vast.
Hardware - Networking and computer engineering
Software - Programming languages, web design, graphic design, software development
Cloud Computing - AWS, Azure, Office365
Database - Oracle, and so on.
There are so many branches so choose your passion and we go from there.

1 Like

Re: Which ICT Course Do I Pursue? by passyciao(m): 11:20am On Aug 05, 2021
Software - Programming languages, web design, graphic design, software development
There are so many branches so choose your passion and we go from there. Thanks,but considering that am a novice,how am i suppose to know where my passion lie,without an understanding of what each of the mentione courses entails?
Re: Which ICT Course Do I Pursue? by zexy2030(m): 2:34pm On Aug 06, 2021
passyciao:
There are so many branches so choose your passion and we go from there. Thanks,but considering that am a novice,how am i suppose to know where my passion lie,without an understanding of what each of the mentione courses entails?
Let me help you:

Are you a graduate?

What did you study?

Ok.. now hardware engineering makes you interact with cables and physical electronics, it makes you dirty. So if u don't like dirty or getting sweaty always. Stay away.

Software engineering is having to do with personality, if u r a shy person and likes to be alone but u r creative that's the atmoaphere for you. But you must be patient and willing to cram codes.

Cloud computing & data base: how good are you with arithmetics? If very good. Go here.

1 Like

Re: Which ICT Course Do I Pursue? by passyciao(m): 6:05pm On Aug 06, 2021
Thank You for this. I am looking at between Python Programming & Ethical Hacking. Pls I need ur overview on these!

(1) (Reply)

Facebook To Meta: What Is The Metaverse / Are You Choosing The Right Signature Pad? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.