Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,486 members, 7,954,867 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:17 AM

PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' (69569 Views)

Lens 3 - 1 PSG. Is PSG Missing The Absence Of Messi? / PSG Is Willing To Sell Neymar / Kylian Mbappe Say Joining PSG Is Like Coming Back Home In First Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by RevolverOcelot(m): 12:19am On Aug 06, 2021
Chloraseptic:
Most people would see this as a fear of succeeding outside his own accustomed territory which is Barcelona.

But I see this as loyally humbly humane gesture..

Long live the GOAT.

I think the spice of football is in experiencing different clubs and playing in different places. No condition should be permanent. IMHO

1 Like

Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by Staphylococcus: 12:24am On Aug 06, 2021
Wifi can never work in France
Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by Eastlink(m): 1:37am On Aug 06, 2021
Chelsea is signing Lionel Messi. They are abandoning the Lukaku deal and throwing all the money on Messi. You heard this from me first.

Last bullet, Messi follows just three football clubs. Barcelona, Chelsea and Man City.
Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by smallsmall: 3:00am On Aug 06, 2021
Chloraseptic:
Most people would see this as a fear of succeeding outside his own accustomed territory which is Barcelona.

Long live the GOAT.

The Goat has gone to look for Grass elsewhere.
Messi wont be at Barca next season, you can take my word on that.

2 Likes

Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by davidadenrele: 3:42am On Aug 06, 2021
jimmychang:

This is dumb ,stop comparing boxing to football .That is why there is champions League grin grin.Is there champions League in Boxing baba rest .

Yen yen yen meet different opponent...Make una dey reason abeg.He has six balon de or and you are still saying he has to leave his comfort zone to still prove himself.Una dey mad grin grin

It's obvious your reasoning and thinking aside football is shallow and logical thinking of reasoning is zero, am not in anyway comparing boxing to football, football and booking are sport but not the same, logical reasoning of thinking is to compare greatness to greatness, the point is you don't sit in your comfort zone and call yourself GOAT with all due respect to Messi, it also dump ass to say he earned six champion league, with many how many club?? He won't be.the first to earn six champion league and he won't be the last.
Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by MASTERMIND04(m): 3:50am On Aug 06, 2021
Notryme80:

Dwarf?
One hater detected!
Is he tall? Mtchewwwww
Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by rhektor(m): 4:31am On Aug 06, 2021
Dalil8:

FYI he took a pay cut before joining Juve

Your camp Nou dwarf is the one playing for money.

So why did he leave then if he had already agreed to a pay cut?

Why did who leave where?
Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by Chochovini: 4:46am On Aug 06, 2021
Commentor:
Messi would sign for Akwa United.
This I have seen.
. Comedian.
Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by Chochovini: 4:49am On Aug 06, 2021
Kaybee9033:
Kano pillar should make a bid maybe Messi will consider them. Or what do you think?
. Comedy is your calling or what do you think?
Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by Notryme80: 4:57am On Aug 06, 2021
MASTERMIND04:

Is he tall? Mtchewwwww
You wey tall how much siddon for ur account

Peter crouch wey tall how many Ballon D'or e win?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by Peppysco: 5:22am On Aug 06, 2021
Las las, Messi go still turn coach for Barcelona
Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by Notryme80: 5:37am On Aug 06, 2021
davidadenrele:

e author=Chloraseptic post=104462574]Most people would see this as a fear of succeeding outside his own accustomed territory which is Barcelona.

Long live the GOAT.

[/quo

You've said the obvious though am big fan of Lionel Messi you can't stay in your comfort zone and call yourself GOAT, to be greatest you got to proof your self at all levels, as it's mark my word Messi will regret ever staying back this far at Barcelona, CRonaldo has proof himself at all the major leagues to let the world know he's not a fluke and he's better off for it, while Messi had stayed back at Barcelona!!! it's a shame if you asked me, even great Mohammed Ali didn't lay claim to one opponent to be proof how great he was he fought many opponent some opponent he defeated with mind games even before the fight began.

Your comparison (Mohammed Ali) is completely incoherent with the Messi scenario because we have the champions league where teams and players compete at a higher level aside their domestic leagues and as far as any non partisan thinker is concerned, Leo and Barcelona have had the opportunity to compete with top teams from various leagues at that level and we all know what the results used to be then. Don't forget that between 2008 and 2012, Pep Guardiola's Barcelona produced what can be called the best football in history winning a total of 14 trophies so when you argue about a subject matter, try to be rational by considering the main factors that are valid for such arguments rather than being sentimental.
The fact is that it wouldn't be a mistake to regard Messi as a god in football because that kid (Messi) is just amazingly good with football and I'm sure it's still football they play in those leagues you think he won't be able to compete in except they're playing maybe wood or stone in those leagues. In summary, if not for age factor, any right thinking person knows that Messi will always be Messi whether in La Liga, EPL, Bundesliga, Ligue 1 or Serie A.
Peace...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by Kaysalas(m): 5:39am On Aug 06, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

WE is... we the real fans/supporters.
WE is... we the Parisians.
WE is... we the people who grew up with PSG as the only team we ever knew, right around the corner from our home.
WE is... we the people who supported PSG way before some billionaire group started to use the club as their hobby on the side.
WE is... the people who are fed up of having this expensive primadonna that aint bringing shiit to the club... let alone having a second one ex barca primadona.

..but as there is a news floating around that he is leaving Barca, only them bastard arab billionaire have the deep enough pockets to waste cash away like that.
Salut, ça veut dire que vous parlez français très bien ? C'est ça, non? Je voudrais améliorer mon français, pouvez vous m'aider, s'il vous plaît ?
J'espère que j'ai bien écrit. smiley
Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by Notryme80: 6:10am On Aug 06, 2021
Temptee101:

Coming from someone who does not even have a boot.

Ahhh, take it easy bro
Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by uthlaw: 6:35am On Aug 06, 2021
rottennaija:
Offer Ronaldo and see what happens
how will you offer a player such money to come and be playing penalties!
Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by uthlaw: 6:36am On Aug 06, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
we dont want him.... we even try to get rid of that Neymar dude.
all dis penaldo fans want to kill themselves!

1 Like

Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by Notryme80: 6:47am On Aug 06, 2021
davidadenrele:

It's obvious your reasoning and thinking aside football is shallow and logical thinking of reasoning is zero, am not in anyway comparing boxing to football, football and booking are sport but not the same, logical reasoning of thinking is to compare greatness to greatness, the point is you don't sit in your comfort zone and call yourself GOAT
with all due respect to Messi, it also dump ass to say he earned six champion league, with many how many club?? He won't be.the first to earn six champion league and he won't be the last.
You are the one who's not being logical with your reasoning here. When you argue, think of factors that are relevant to the subject matter and stop forcing your sentimental opinion through people's throat. The fact that the UCL serves as an open ground for best teams and players to compete in completely makes your opinion of Messi remaining in his comfort zone invalid. Remember that league matches are played at home and away grounds and it's not like Messi has been playing against a single opponent and on the same venue so I would implore you to jettison that issue of comfort zone already.
Aside being a football fan, if you play football, you would understand that being good at playing football is still different from winning trophies and even my dog is aware that Messi is f*cking good with football and will play well wherever he goes.

2 Likes

Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by rottennaija(m): 7:11am On Aug 06, 2021
uthlaw:
how will you offer a player such money to come and be playing penalties!
Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by jimtemi1: 7:14am On Aug 06, 2021
Mess should go, and collect all his retirement incentive he has earn it. At 34 he has nothing to prove again and those who criticizing his loyalty with barca,saying he want to go and play for money think twice. Who loyalty help?
Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by davidadenrele: 7:17am On Aug 06, 2021
Notryme80:

Your comparison (Mohammed Ali) is completely incoherent with the Messi scenario because we have the champions league where teams and players compete at a higher level aside their domestic leagues and as far as any non partisan thinker is concerned, Leo and Barcelona have had the opportunity to compete with top teams from various leagues at that level and we all know what the results used to be then. Don't forget that between 2008 and 2012, Pep Guardiola's Barcelona produced what can be called the best football in history winning a total of 14 trophies so when you argue about a subject matter, try to be rational by considering the main factors that are valid for such arguments rather than being sentimental.
The fact is that it wouldn't be a mistake to regard Messi as a god in football because that kid (Messi) is just amazingly good with football and I'm sure it's still football they play in those leagues you think he won't be able to compete in except they're playing maybe wood or stone in those leagues. In summary, if not for age factor, any right thinking person knows that Messi will always be Messi whether in La Liga, EPL, Bundesliga, Ligue 1 or Serie A.
Peace...

Am not in any way been sentimental, no doubt Messi was specially gifted unique, talented no doubt the best ever, but we all know that change is the only constant in life, and are such to be the best you have to evolved, thanks you mention Pep Gaurdiola would Pep lay claim to say he was arguably the best coach today If he was still celebrating past glory despite he's undeniable great feats and achievement in La Liga and Barcelona the answer is no? he left Barca moved to Bundesliga, and then moved to Premier Leagues the same with Jose Mourinoh, the same with Brazilian Ronaldo that moves from PSV Endioven to Inter Milan from Inter Milan to Real Mardrid, so me using Mohammed Ali in comparison with Messi is just to drive home my point that this great people were "God's" there were different, exceptional never seen in histroy kinds of people, once a life time greats to avoid uncessary arguement, I expect Messi to also evolved to another league, Messi don't need me or anyone else to proof hes' good but he does need to let the world know that he's best that was, and the best that will ever be, but not in one league abeg,it will debated by small minds if you agree with me, it can be petty and annoying when you have to explain to some peeps that Messi was a football God compared to CR7 who had to train so hard to resharpen and perfect his skills but some peeps will still tell you CR7 was better than Messi and guess what their base of fact is? there base of act is if Messi was that good he would have done it else where despite the fact they can see he was a far...far above CR7 in skills and talent, so in real world its now talent versus skill, and if you can't proof yourself over and over in every league that matters, some people will argue your worth, skill will challenged talent to say he's better this is my point.

1 Like

Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by Teeklef(m): 7:33am On Aug 06, 2021
davidadenrele:

It's obvious your reasoning and thinking aside football is shallow and logical thinking of reasoning is zero, am not in anyway comparing boxing to football, football and booking are sport but not the same, logical reasoning of thinking is to compare greatness to greatness, the point is you don't sit in your comfort zone and call yourself GOAT with all due respect to Messi, it also dump ass to say he earned six champion league, with many how many club?? He won't be.the first to earn six champion league and he won't be the last.
Oga calm down. What's ur definition of comfort zone? Messi was never from europe but he left his comfort zone(south america) and conquer another 2 continent which is asia and europe. So whats the meaning of ur comfort zone? So many players has played in that ur assumed comfort zone but flopped.

2 Likes

Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by musicology: 7:34am On Aug 06, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

WE is... we the real fans/supporters.
WE is... we the Parisians.
WE is... we the people who grew up with PSG as the only team we ever knew, right around the corner from our home.
WE is... we the people who supported PSG way before some billionaire group started to use the club as their hobby on the side.
WE is... the people who are fed up of having this expensive primadonna that aint bringing shiit to the club... let alone having a second one ex barca primadona.

..but as there is a news floating around that he is leaving Barca, only them bastard arab billionaire have the deep enough pockets to waste cash away like that.
Be deceiving yourself

2 Likes

Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by Teeklef(m): 7:37am On Aug 06, 2021
davidadenrele:

Am not in any way been sentimental, no doubt Messi was specially gifted unique, talented no doubt the best ever, but we all know that change is the only constant in life, and are such to be the best you have to evolved, thanks you mention Pep Gaurdiola would Pep lay claim to say he was arguably the best coach today If he was still celebrating past glory despite he's undeniable great feats and achievement in La Liga and Barcelona the answer is no? he left Barca moved to Bundesliga, and then moved to Premier Leagues the same with Jose Mourinoh, the same with Brazilian Ronaldo that moves from PSV Endioven to Inter Milan from Inter Milan to Real Mardrid, so me using Mohammed Ali in comparison with Messi is just to drive home my point that this great people were "God's" there were different, exceptional never seen in histroy kinds of people, once a life time greats to avoid uncessary arguement, I expect Messi to also evolved to another league, Messi don't need me or anyone else to proof hes' good but he does need to let the world know that he's best that was, and the best that will ever be, but not in one league abeg,it will debated by small minds if you agree with me, it can be petty and annoying when you have to explain to some peeps that Messi was a football God compared to CR7 who had to train so hard to resharpen and perfect his skills but some peeps will still tell you CR7 was better than Messi and guess what their base of fact is? there base of act is if Messi was that good he would have done it else where despite the fact they can see he was a far...far above CR7 in skills and talent, so in real world its now talent versus skill, and if you can't proof yourself over and over in every league that matters, some people will argue your worth, skill will challenged talent to say he's better this is my point.
Now i understand you bro....... Wagbayi baba.
Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by Notryme80: 8:00am On Aug 06, 2021
davidadenrele:

First, I must admit that I'm glad you know the bolded. The thing is, some people go out to meet their challenges while some welcome their challenges, but what matters most is the ability to conquer your challenges and come out victorious. No one is gonna be able to play in all the leagues there is in order to prove they are the best ever. What would you think of me if Ronaldo quits football today and I begin to argue that he's not a good player simply because he did not play in any African league where playing football is almost like fighting Kung fu? Would it make sense to you?
It's impossible for anyone to prove himself on all grounds to be accepted as the best ever so if we must have someone who should be called the best ever then the parameters to reach such conclusion must be narrowed down to the factors that really matters and I think everyone knows how Messi should be seen with regards to that.
From your point of view, I feel like you know the truth, but rather you chose to help those who are sentimental to substantiate their opinion about this subject matter.

You can take this as a guide when next you encounter this argument elsewhere.
Lionel Messi isn't as decorated as Dani Alves,
Messi is not as good in defense as Sergio Ramos, Messi is not as traveled as Ibrahimovic or Nicolas Anelka, he is not as good in the air as Cristiano Ronaldo, but "Messi is the EQUILIBRIUM POINT of every skill you need to be called the best player football has ever seen for now".
Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by MASTERMIND04(m): 9:04am On Aug 06, 2021
Notryme80:

You wey tall how much siddon for ur account

Peter crouch wey tall how many Ballon D'or e win?
All these doesn't change the fact that he is a dwarf.
Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by jimmychang: 9:30am On Aug 06, 2021
davidadenrele:

What is the need of going to different club to win their trophies or as you say conquer.You are the one who is illogical grin.Who even brought that up as a basis for greatness. grin.Ronaldo fans disguising,I see you.There is no League bigger than the champions League.Gbam.

2 Likes

Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by Dextre(m): 11:09am On Aug 06, 2021
Dalil8:

FYI he took a pay cut before joining Juve

Your camp Nou dwarf is the one playing for money.

So why did he leave then if he had already agreed to a pay cut?

Baba go and read news and stop being so ignorant here abeg
Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by MrGerald(m): 12:59pm On Aug 06, 2021
Jonah507:
Deputy GOAT!

Everyone knows CR7 is the real GOAT!

Let's not argue it.
How do you feel knowing very well that you're lying to yourself?
Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by yemi1504: 1:21pm On Aug 06, 2021
WriterNig:

Credit: Dailymail UK

That is what happens when you have a whole country's wealth funds supporting you. Man United, the club I support, could have been this lucky having a wealthy Saudi Arabia wealthy funds behind it but the greedy stingy American owners rejected the bid. You don't want to collect the money overvaluing the team, you don't want to invest in the team SMH for the useless owners o.
Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:59pm On Aug 06, 2021
uthlaw:
all dis penaldo fans want to kill themselves!

cr7 and messi are the same outdated rubbish players in my book...dont be confused!
Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by uthlaw: 5:05pm On Aug 06, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

cr7 and messi are the same outdated rubbish players in my book...dont be confused!
Ronaldo and Messi are rubbish.....de reason b4 u talk!

1 Like

Re: PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:35pm On Aug 06, 2021
uthlaw:
Ronaldo and Messi are rubbish.....de reason b4 u talk!

IMHO yes they are! any team can easily get better/younger players for the price these old outdated players are asking. CR7 salary is more than half his whole squad combined, yet since he has arrived in Juventus they havent won anything more than when they were without CR7.

Juve is still in debts and all the marketing/sponsorship money that CR7 brought goes to pay his outrageous salary... so technically, unless he brings the UCL trophy to Juventus, he is a bad bet (same with Messi)!

PSG already have primadona players and i certainly dont think that bringing Messi will change anything (since he hasnt done anything worthy with Barca since 2014/2015 UCL victory). UCL is the only thing PSG is after, as we've won the ligue 1 times and times again (without a Messi, CR7 or Mbappe)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Slay Queen Shares Semi-nude Picture To Celebrate Super Eagles Victory / Asisat Oshoala Shirtless Celebration Sparks Mixed Reactions / Francis Uzoho's Age Questioned By South African Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.