Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal (19980 Views)

Chelsea Agree To Sign Carney Chukwuemeka From Aston Villa / Manchester City Sign Camron Gbadebo, Nigerian Defender From Leicester City / Inside Cristiano Ronaldo's N3.6 Million Per Night Holiday Villa In Greece (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by Polynek(m): 7:33am On Aug 06, 2021
Dix coach de spend beta Moni to buy beta players, no cap He is the best coach na only UCL remain 4 Him in EPL

1 Like

Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by Unibener: 7:38am On Aug 06, 2021
RedEnergy:
The goals Messi scores in only 1 season is "more" than the goals Grealish will score in his entire career. £100m for Grealish is an absolute waste. I'm sure they won't have done it if they knew Messi contracts talk with Barca will fail. Man City will rather spend £500m on Messi and win UCL within 1 or 2 years than spend £100m on Grealish and continue losing to Chelsea when it matters most.

Wrong.
There is no guarantee that Messi would win the UCL with Man City.
Same Way nobody knows if Grealish will win the UCL multiple times for Man City
How far have Messi taken Barcelona to in the last four UCL
Juve bought Ronaldo for UCL now see.
A project over a single player.
That's why I love what PSG is doing currently.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by Zanzibar1: 7:39am On Aug 06, 2021
fourboys:
If mancity or psg no win champions league this season na juju embarassed embarassed
They may not even Cross group stage

1 Like

Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by RedEnergy: 7:46am On Aug 06, 2021
Unibener:

Wrong.
There is no guarantee that Messi would win the UCL with Man City.
Same Way nobody knows if Grealish will win the UCL multiple times for Man City
How far have Messi taken Barcelona to in the last four UCL
Juve bought Ronaldo for UCL now see.
A project over a single player.
That's why I love what PSG is doing currently.
If Ronaldo won UCL with Man U, Messi will win it with Man City. Man City team is already strong, they just need the extra to push them to Ultimate level and Messi is tjat extra.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by oliverano: 7:52am On Aug 06, 2021
This doesn't not guarantee them the epl title but meeen city are so dammn complete; see squad .. grin

To some extent it does.

Even without this silky fine footballer, they will still the overwhelming favorites according to All bookmakers!!!

1 Like

Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 06, 2021
didikakakuku:
Can they buy a black player for this amount with the same player ability

If Sterling was on sale, he will go for more. Lukaku too.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by georgeakins: 7:53am On Aug 06, 2021
OChimex:

No naaa. Pogba was once the costliest player, 5 years ago. Kante was once valued this amount. Dembele of Barca bought more than this and now Chelsea is about to buy Lukaku more than that amount.

Ignore those guys with inferiority complex

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by Fatalveli(m): 7:55am On Aug 06, 2021
didikakakuku:
Go check how much Mbappe was bought, and dembele

1 Like

Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by oliverano: 7:56am On Aug 06, 2021
Zanzibar1:

They may not even Cross group stage

Lol you wish... City will beat people like rabbit but may not win it. same with PSG.

Cross group stage, at worse, I mean I don't know the adjective to describe VERY WORSE they'll reach quarter final.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 06, 2021
Polynek:
Dix coach de spend beta Moni to buy beta players, no cap He is the best coach na only UCL remain 4 Him in EPL

Is that what you call the best coach? undecided
If you give me the same money, I will give same result. If he wan show say he be coach, make he go coach Wolves and achieve the same result!

1 Like

Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by oliverano: 8:03am On Aug 06, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

If you give me the same money, I will give same result. If he wan show say he be coach, make he go coach Wolves and achieve the same result!

So an Apex Doctor who's trained with the finest equipment in one of the best hospitals in the world should come down to Ayetoro village in Ogun state and make use of our quack surgical tools and perform surgery just to prove he's a good doctor

Listen man, Pep is a two time UCL winner and should be respected.

He's spending billions go and check What United have spent in the same period since he joined City.

I keep saying one thing.

Sir Alex spent 26 years at United with only 2UCl and 13 EPL.

Pep is already a two time UCL winner...and he's already turning the league to dust, winning league, Cups like its nothing.

He's yet to win the UCl with City but he's already a two time UCL winner and deserves all the respect!!!

5 Likes

Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by lexy2014: 8:11am On Aug 06, 2021
puremaker7:
you are contradicting yourself

No am not
Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by lexy2014: 8:12am On Aug 06, 2021
Unibener:

Their Age matter bro.
Grealish acheived a lot in Aston Villa
Imagine him playing for Man City.
He is not a heir apparent but he is called the English Messi.
Top Class Player
I didn't ask u what he achieved at Aston Villa. This is what I asked u:

What abilities does Grealish have that u are using to compare him with Messi or suggest that he is Messi's heir apparent?

What exactly is grealish going to give man city with a 100m price tag even if he has 20 seasons?

3 Likes

Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by Truvelisback(m): 8:18am On Aug 06, 2021
So, Ole no gree sign this player ehn!
Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by vickydevoka(m): 8:22am On Aug 06, 2021
wayne4loan:
Expensive and overrated player undecided
I swear. Him get luck say na man city him go. Him nyash for open
Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by EndBuhariNow(m): 8:25am On Aug 06, 2021
Small boys of Chelsea will still disgrace them with their stud of players

1 Like

Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by vickydevoka(m): 8:25am On Aug 06, 2021
pat077:
That's too much a fee for a player that is just a bit above average and has not won anything yet in this career.
Dats no a good way to judge. Most player they bought expensive didn't win trophy. Joe Felix, Dem belle and jodan Sancho
Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by EmmanuelScott1(m): 8:46am On Aug 06, 2021
wayne4loan:
Expensive and overrated player undecided

English media eee, person that just signed yesterday don become future balon d'or winner in their book, too much hype

Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by SyrusdeHansome(m): 8:47am On Aug 06, 2021
Any footballer with this poor stats and record isn't a special talent. Cr7 was a special talent because he scored 42 goals in a season as a 21 yrs old player. Lionel Messi was a special talent because he scored the same number of goals in one season as a 20 yrs old. Haarland and Mbape are the current special talents because they're scoring 40 and above goals at 21 and 22 respectively, so England and their overrated media shud go and sit down. Stop making Ronaldo and Messi out of mediocre players

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by Polynek(m): 8:53am On Aug 06, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Pep won't Kill Himself 4 football fans, you guys said dsame tin wen He was at Spain, He moved to Germany and dominated, now He is also doing His tinx in England, abeg if u see good thing jox appreciate am, PEP na best coach, even u knows the truth, but u don't want to accept it assuming He won UCL last season what else will haters say? grin Mind u, I support Barca and Chelsea but I love Him so much grin

1 Like

Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by ComputerWiz007: 8:54am On Aug 06, 2021
didikakakuku:
O don't think you know football sef.. So Ousmane dembele that Barcelona bought for £135.5m and Kylian Mbappe that PSG bought from Monaco for €180m is what And mind you Pogba £90m was once a record fee. If sterling was to leave Mancity today he will command nothing less than £140m. Oga get your facts right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by Indispensable85(m): 9:01am On Aug 06, 2021
How on earth will jack be worth 100m?
Overrated!
Overpriced!
Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by pat077: 9:08am On Aug 06, 2021
vickydevoka:

Dats no a good way to judge. Most player they bought expensive didn't win trophy. Joe Felix, Dem belle and jodan Sancho
and have any of these players performed based on the price tag?
Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by pat077: 9:11am On Aug 06, 2021
ComputerWiz007:
O don't think you know football sef.. So Ousmane dembele that Barcelona bought for £135.5m and Kylian Mbappe that PSG bought from Monaco for €180m is what And mind you Pogba £90m was once a record fee. If sterling was to leave Mancity today he will command nothing less than £140m. Oga get your facts right.
the same sterling that city was ready to offer spurs plus cash for kane?
Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by KingLion007(m): 9:11am On Aug 06, 2021
puremaker7:
true talk you are not going to do well with all the nonsense players you have gotten, as it stands now, Arsenal need two good CAM, 1 right back, 1 good goal keeper and a good coach.
Arteta will be sack this season and Edu should just leave that club.
Otherwise you will finish beyond top 10 this season, cause Aston villa not sleeping this season
Not gonna finish beyond top 10 bro.
Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by OChimex: 9:13am On Aug 06, 2021
georgeakins:

Ignore those guys with inferiority complex

Why I do school those young guys who started watching soccer of recent is because they are so ignorant, � I just pity them and only want to help them with correct information.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by ComputerWiz007: 9:26am On Aug 06, 2021
pat077:
the same sterling that city was ready to offer spurs plus cash for kane?
ask you sef how much is Kane worth, Kane is worth £150m and City can do anything to get a world class center forward like Harry Kane which they desperately need. Mind you they lack a quality center forward they no longer have Kun Aguero. Oga get your facts right again.
Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by noble2faith(m): 10:06am On Aug 06, 2021
wman:
I really hope City doesn't get Messi. I hate to see a City team with Messi, Grealish and Harry Kane as new signings.

The rest of us in EPL are in soup if that happens.

With Tuchel in Chelsea, a combined force of Messi and Ronaldo in Mancity cannot move Chelsea.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by pat077: 10:11am On Aug 06, 2021
ComputerWiz007:
ask you sef how much is Kane worth, Kane is worth £150m and City can do anything to get a world class center forward like Harry Kane which they desperately need. Mind you they lack a quality center forward they no longer have Kun Aguero. Oga get your facts right again.
I don't think any team will be willing to get sterling for more 60m at the moment. Where did you get your 140m valuation from?
Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by brosdoncome(m): 10:18am On Aug 06, 2021
Money laundering... football is dead!!!

HonNL:

Manchester City FC
Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 06, 2021
oluwatunde1984:
Good signing, sterling leaving or has left because this English mate is his replacement

English mate when he still dey bench for national team
Re: Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 06, 2021
SyrusdeHansome:
Any footballer with this poor stats and record isn't a special talent. Cr7 was a special talent because he scored 42 goals in a season as a 21 yrs old player. Lionel Messi was a special talent because he scored the same number of goals in one season as a 20 yrs old. Haarland and Mbape are the current special talents because they're scoring 40 and above goals at 21 and 22 respectively, so England and their overrated media shud go and sit down. Stop making Ronaldo and Messi out of mediocre players

Thank God some people are still with their senses

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? / Emiliano Sala To Be Buried On Saturday In His Country, Argentina / Chioma Ajunwa (First Olympic Gold Medalist) Delivers Triplets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.