Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Ben kalu Describes Certificate Saga As A Distraction, Attempt To Dent His Image - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben kalu Describes Certificate Saga As A Distraction, Attempt To Dent His Image (5787 Views)

Yul Edochie Declares Full Support For Tinubu, Adorns Cloth With His Image / Plot To Dent Nfiu Ceo Tukur Uncovered / Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ben kalu Describes Certificate Saga As A Distraction, Attempt To Dent His Image by stephanie11: 8:30pm On Aug 05, 2021
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

Hon. Benjamin Kalu has described reports that his school certificates are fake as 'mere distractions' and a weak attempt to dent his image.

Hon. Kalu, who represents Bende Federal Constituency, is also the spokesperson of the House of Representatives.

In a statement on Thursday on the matter, 'The Oracle' called on the general public to ignore the smear campaigns adding that he is totally focused on the goal of improving the lives of his constituents.

The statement read: "Maybe the name Rep Benjamin Kalu is so sparkling clean for a politician who is rising so this is their way of attempting to sprinkle imaginary dents on my image, as a lawyer I should have confidence in our judicial system and they have not failed me previously, they won’t start now."

"It is sub-judicial to begin to discuss the content of the matter in detail. Let’s be patient and allow the court to take a position on this."

"Again, my constituents, friends and family should not worry it will end in praise for what God cannot do does not exist. They shall gather and take counsel but it shall not stand, only the counsel of God shall stand. Let them dent my image am confident truth will clean it . After all when I signed for politics I signed for smear campaigns like this."

"I have my eyes on the ball, it does not matter how threatened they are, I am going for the goal and not perturbed at all. They know this that’s why they are paying all media platforms to discuss my simple change of name as illegal. The last I checked it is within my right to choose on how to be addressed and to document it legally as prescribed by law. So because I changed my surname, it makes my certificates forged certificates. Quite laughable."

"They are paying for my free publicity at least am trending for free . In politics no publicity is a bad one. I am ready for them, they are yet to see quality Representation for my people which offends their senses, I have no apologies."

"They should throw more dirts on me, I was prepared for this and it took 17 years in the kitchen.If you hate the heat then leave the kitchen. I signed for this and they should keep bringing it on. Bende must be great."

Hon. Kalu is a graduate of the University of Calabar and is a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme court of Nigeria. He has a strong background in complex international business structuring from start-up, negotiation, pre- and post-incorporation stages.

He was the pioneer National Chairman, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in South Africa, 2001-2006; Team Leader Australia for United Nations High Commission for Refugees' Sudan Darfur Crisis 2008-2009; Local Government Chairman-Bende LGA in 2003; Special Assistant to the Governor of Abia State, Local Government Affairs; Special Adviser, MDGs (2009/10); Party Candidate, Federal House of Representatives, 2011; Founder, Benjamin Kalu Foundation, a registered Non-Governmental Organization, based in Nigeria.

https://politicsnigeria.com/certificate-saga-a-mere-distraction-ben-kalu/

Re: Ben kalu Describes Certificate Saga As A Distraction, Attempt To Dent His Image by seborrhic: 8:43pm On Aug 05, 2021
100 % of certificate forgery accusations in Nigeria are true.
It is people who knew the accused growing up or attended same school with him/her that leak the information,so they know all about his/her true education status.
It's just the police and judiciary that makes Nigerian politicians get away with certificate forgery.
How to know the allegation is usually true if when u ask them to produce their secondary school certificate,they start giving one excuse or d other or produce a forged one.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben kalu Describes Certificate Saga As A Distraction, Attempt To Dent His Image by Jeremy123(m): 4:52am On Aug 06, 2021
This man grin
Re: Ben kalu Describes Certificate Saga As A Distraction, Attempt To Dent His Image by MediaBoyfriend: 4:52am On Aug 06, 2021
Does he really need the certificate?

1 Like

Re: Ben kalu Describes Certificate Saga As A Distraction, Attempt To Dent His Image by evansjeff(m): 4:52am On Aug 06, 2021
angry

Meanwhile

2 Likes

Re: Ben kalu Describes Certificate Saga As A Distraction, Attempt To Dent His Image by NaijaFutbol: 4:53am On Aug 06, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Ben kalu Describes Certificate Saga As A Distraction, Attempt To Dent His Image by AchalugoNwa(f): 4:54am On Aug 06, 2021
seborrhic:
It is people who knew the accused growing up or attended same school with him/her that leak the information,so they know all about his/her true education status.
It's just the police and judiciary that makes Nigerian politicians get away with certificate forgery.
How to know the allegation is usually true if when u ask them to produce their secondary school certificate,they start giving one excuse or d other or produce a forged one.
you're right
Re: Ben kalu Describes Certificate Saga As A Distraction, Attempt To Dent His Image by optimistic0001: 4:55am On Aug 06, 2021
grin
Re: Ben kalu Describes Certificate Saga As A Distraction, Attempt To Dent His Image by gigabyte13: 4:56am On Aug 06, 2021
Mtchewwwww, bubu wey be president, which one e get.....

Nonsense set of cows, always looking for ways to distract one another, when the cooky jar is not leaking for them to lick again.
Re: Ben kalu Describes Certificate Saga As A Distraction, Attempt To Dent His Image by chukwuibuipob: 4:57am On Aug 06, 2021
sad
Re: Ben kalu Describes Certificate Saga As A Distraction, Attempt To Dent His Image by Kobicove(m): 5:01am On Aug 06, 2021
The default setting of a Nigerian politician is to first deny everything's even if it's true undecided
Re: Ben kalu Describes Certificate Saga As A Distraction, Attempt To Dent His Image by Blitz888(m): 5:04am On Aug 06, 2021
Believe this his hastily conjured rebuttal at your peril...

Allegations of cert forgery usually comes as tipoff from insiders who are well in the know.

However, he will survive it for what money & APC connection cannot do in Nigeria does not exist!

1 Like

Re: Ben kalu Describes Certificate Saga As A Distraction, Attempt To Dent His Image by potent5(m): 5:26am On Aug 06, 2021
Just upload the certificate make everybody decide whether the allegation true or false. grin grin grin angry

1 Like

Re: Ben kalu Describes Certificate Saga As A Distraction, Attempt To Dent His Image by huptin(m): 6:16am On Aug 06, 2021
Upload the certificate now! Why all these stories? Tinubu chicago certificate, we never see after over 22 years, Buhari SSCE certificate wey cambridge issue, na waec eventually show am after 50 years and na old man picture dey there(SSCE certificate oo).

God save Nigerian politicians.
Re: Ben kalu Describes Certificate Saga As A Distraction, Attempt To Dent His Image by efeteb: 6:23am On Aug 06, 2021
grin
Re: Ben kalu Describes Certificate Saga As A Distraction, Attempt To Dent His Image by naijapips02: 6:33am On Aug 06, 2021
[s]
AchalugoNwa:
you're right
[/s]

What?
Re: Ben kalu Describes Certificate Saga As A Distraction, Attempt To Dent His Image by ERockson: 7:51am On Aug 06, 2021
seborrhic:
Including Obaseki shocked It's not always correct but they capitalize on the discrepancy in the CV or credentials which is very common even in your own as a Nigerian
Re: Ben kalu Describes Certificate Saga As A Distraction, Attempt To Dent His Image by ppogba: 8:27am On Aug 06, 2021
With the way this certificate scandal is rampant in Nigeria, even you that has original self will begin to doubt your.

I like Ben a lot for his fluency but where there is no smoke........

Time will tell.
Re: Ben kalu Describes Certificate Saga As A Distraction, Attempt To Dent His Image by seborrhic: 9:31am On Aug 06, 2021
ERockson:
Including Obaseki shocked It's not always correct but they capitalize on the discrepancy in the CV or credentials which is very common even in your own as a Nigerian
Obaseki's accusation,unless I am wrong,was that he didn't graduate from U.I,which is laughable because it can easily be verified;not forging of secondary school certificate.
The basis of my 100% assertion,which I still stand by,is the secondary school certificate.
Some people do get away with forgeries,not detected by tertiary institutions and graduate.
The point u know if this man is lying or not is when the time comes to bring out his certificate in court.
Don't be surprised if he tells you that the original bearing the disputed name he now changed has got burnt or stolen during a robbery and he now goes on to produce a statement of result or sworn affidavit,both of which can easily be purchased in Nigeria.
Re: Ben kalu Describes Certificate Saga As A Distraction, Attempt To Dent His Image by ERockson: 9:57am On Aug 06, 2021
seborrhic:

Obaseki's accusation,unless I am wrong,was that he didn't graduate from U.I,which is laughable because it can easily be verified;not forging of secondary school certificate.
The basis of my 100% assertion,which I still stand by,is the secondary school certificate.
Some people do get away with forgeries,not detected by tertiary institutions and graduate.
The point u know if this man is lying or not is when the time comes to bring out his certificate in court.
Don't be surprised if he tells you that the original bearing the disputed name he now changed has got burnt or stolen during a robbery and he now goes on to produce a statement of result or sworn affidavit,both of which can easily be purchased in Nigeria.
I understand you but it is not logically sound to use 100% when we have the word "almost" and other words...
Re: Ben kalu Describes Certificate Saga As A Distraction, Attempt To Dent His Image by seborrhic: 10:33am On Aug 06, 2021
ERockson:
I understand you but it is not logically sound to use 100% when we have the word "almost" and other words...
Ok.But these set of politicians are the most dubious,corrupt and fraudulent in Nigeria's history.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Iyorchia Ayu-Led PDP National Working Committee (NWC) To Be Sworn In Dec. 10 / Voting Lp Instead Of PDP Is Going To Cost Us. / National Assembly: “Citizens’ Townhall On Electoral Reforms” Currently Ongoing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.