Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,362 members, 7,815,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency (41299 Views)

Presidency, Abubakar Sidiq Usman Call Out Atiku Over Nigeria Startup Bill Tweet / Supreme Court Strikes Out Atiku, PDP’s Appeal / President Buhari Tells Tribunal To Strike Out Atiku's Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by wallarwallar(m): 11:15am On Aug 06, 2021
Useless Man but we allow Buhari at his age and with empty brain to rule us for 8years so how can you rule out tinubu and atiku. All d nonsense talk is just for the old man wicked Nigeria destroyer selfish reason. Just tell us you dont like them and not for the good of Nigerians
Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by bigtt76(f): 11:16am On Aug 06, 2021
New president should be in his or her 40s or mid 50s undecided

MANDIPUTIN:
*[s]Says new president should be in his sixties[/s]

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/08/06/breaking-news-ibb-rules-out-atiku-tinubu-from-2023/
Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 06, 2021
henrybangs44:

America is not successful because of democracy. America is successful because of good leaders. There are other successful countries that don't practice democracy.

Is your current president not a Democratic president? What has he done to u with the democracy?

Re-read what I posted and have sense. I did not say America is successful today because of democracy. America is successful because George Washington willingly and peacefully transferred power to John Adams, Americans feared he would be like Napoleon because he was immensely loved and if he had decided to run for another term nobody would’ve batted an eye and America as we know it now would’ve been ruined. George Washington set a precedent for future president’s to follow
Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by AreaFada2: 11:32am On Aug 06, 2021
Throwback:
Why can't we have individuals in their 40s?

Is 60 not already part of the tired generation of failures.
All those old idiots be serious fools.

People even in their 30s are heading governments in serious countries.
Sadly the youth have already learnt to be worse than the old cargoes.
Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by Damlhaade01(m): 11:38am On Aug 06, 2021
modafukka
Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by Saintfrancis82(m): 11:40am On Aug 06, 2021
Which of the Tinubu? Late one or
Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by Iyasaburi: 11:46am On Aug 06, 2021
kingawothefirst:
IBB is the key destroyer of Nigeria. June 12 will never be forgotten because of this man, booo!!!!!

Disappointnent sometimes are blessing o, imagine if the 2015 election was annulled just like June 12 and Buhari did not come to power. We will today be fighting for Buhari.
Bible count it as joy when you are passing through challenges
Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 06, 2021
Iyasaburi:

Disappointnent sometimes are blessing o, imagine if the 2015 election was annulled just like June 12 and Buhari did not come to power. We will today be fighting for Buhari.
Bible count it as joy when you are passing through challenges

Buhari already had a track record as a leader of the country during his military regime.

You are comparing apples to oranges and there is no blessing in the June 12 annulment, the country got worse as a result of it, IBB’s decision allowed the worst tyrant to ever rule Nigeria come into power, please have sense before quoting me, thanks.
Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by Iyasaburi: 12:30pm On Aug 06, 2021
kingawothefirst:

Buhari already had a track record as a leader of the country during his military regime.

You are comparing apples to oranges and there is no blessing in the June 12 annulment, the country got worse as a result of it, IBB’s decision allowed the worst tyrant to ever rule Nigeria come into power, please have sense before quoting me, thanks.

The only direction ungratefulness leads is backward.
When you don't see God in your situation, you will make mistakes.
Nigerians failed to see God in 2015, we think we needed change badly and that is what we got.
Mind you, I've got my sense!
Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 06, 2021
Iyasaburi:

The only direction ungratefulness leads is backward.
When you don't see God in your situation, you will make mistakes.
Nigerians failed to see God in 2015, we think we needed change badly and that is what we got.
Mind you, I've got my sense!

No sky daddy is going to solve your issues for you. Stop seekers my sky daddies and use the brain God has given you to sort our your problems.
Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 06, 2021
MANDIPUTIN:
*Says new president should be in his sixties

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/08/06/breaking-news-ibb-rules-out-atiku-tinubu-from-2023/

Well! He is one of the kingmakers anyway.
Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by niyidenrele: 1:04pm On Aug 06, 2021
How I wish
People could read what his trying telling us

Jettisoned it at your own peril

One of the few that could see the handwriting on the wall

He knows what is saying

They decide who rules and who won't

If you know , you know

They have already made their choices

Voting and election is just a
Formality
Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by Abujason: 1:19pm On Aug 06, 2021
Throwback:
Why can't we have individuals in their 40s?

Is 60 not already part of the tired generation of failures.

Because Lots of the 30s and 40s are either ritualists or Yahoo-Yahoo!
kiss kiss kiss
Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 06, 2021
Abujason:

Because Lots of the 30s and 40s are either ritualists or Yahoo-Yahoo!
kiss kiss kiss

This is false. Don’t brush everyone with the stroke of a few bad eggs. The over 60s have done enough damage to this country. Let the sorosoke generation have a say in their future.
Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 06, 2021
kingawothefirst:

Re-read what I posted and have sense. I did not say America is successful today because of democracy. America is successful because George Washington willingly and peacefully transferred power to John Adams, Americans feared he would be like Napoleon because he was immensely loved and if he had decided to run for another term nobody would’ve batted an eye and America as we know it now would’ve been ruined. George Washington set a precedent for future president’s to follow
When u are caught in one angle you run to another. By the summary of what you are saying you know u don't need to argue. No go dey bring American history to a failed statement
Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 06, 2021
henrybangs44:

When u are caught in one angle you run to another. By the summary of what you are saying you know u don't need to argue. No go dey bring American history to a failed statement

Again re-read my initial post. Very slowly this time and try to understand my point. Nothing personal my guy. Have sense.
Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 06, 2021
kingawothefirst:

Again re-read my initial post. Very slowly this time and try to understand my point. Nothing personal my guy. Have sense.
Oga. Abdusalam gave power to the civilians. Now its more than 20years. What have they achieved with it? Simple.
Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 06, 2021
henrybangs44:

Oga. Abdusalam gave power to the civilians. Now its more than 20years. What have they achieved with it? Simple.

Oga, why are you trying to derail my point? IBB was WRONG!!! simple and plain. And Abdusalam gave power to an ex military dictator. How does that even compare We’ve been recycling coup plotters as leaders since the 1960s don’t let the agbada fool you no military mad man is ever fully rehabilitated into a civilian. These people are trained to kill. Yes, they all contributed to killing this country, I call a spade a spade, no tribal sentiments from my end.
Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by MoronicLeaders: 2:00pm On Aug 06, 2021
henrybangs44:

America is not successful because of democracy. America is successful because of good leaders. There are other successful countries that don't practice democracy.

Is your current president not a Democratic president? What has he done to u with the democracy?

But there are a lot more successful countries that are democratic! It's much easier for a country to develop when it's inclusive aka democratic. Consistently near the top of all credible measures of standard of living, life satisfaction, economic development & even social cohesion are countries in north/northwestern europe. Countries with a social safety net, quality education, healthcare and accountability all enabled by a stable and inclusive democratic process that gives citizens a strong and loud voice.

You're probably thinking of China as a successful country that isn't democratic. While this is true when you compare it to African countries and some in Asia, you can't compare the standard of living of the average Chinese to the average Norwegian, Dane, Finn etc Also, unless you're a muslim (nothing against muslims) doubt you'd want to live in a country like Saudi, where leaders have absolute power, you can't even criticize them, and where science takes a back seat to religion. The stand out country that got developed via autocratic means is Singapore, but that is an anomaly. If you get a dictator or autocratic ruler, the incentive for the ruler is to weaken the institutions of governance in order to control the country in perpetuity.

The chances of getting a 'benevolent dictator' like Lee Kuan Yew of Singapore are so tiny, it's like winning the lottery. Getting a bad dictator is much more likely and the negative impact is so bad (as with Nigeria and so many others) it should never be an aspiration for Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by MIKOLOWISKA: 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2021
Sirheny007:
Lmao.
Tinubu can be their president when they actualize Oduduwa republic.

Atiku is failed project.

Not in 2023.

so who will you vote for? Dreamer
Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by MIKOLOWISKA: 2:04pm On Aug 06, 2021
freeman131:
Can these old fools just leave Nigerian politics alone? WTF
you think freedom is free? You not ready
Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 06, 2021
MoronicLeaders:

But there are a lot more successful countries that are democratic! It's much easier for a country to develop when it's inclusive aka democratic. Consistently near the top of all credible measures of standard of living, life satisfaction, economic development & even social cohesion are countries in north/northwestern europe. Countries with a social safety net, quality education, healthcare and accountability all enabled by a stable and inclusive democratic process that gives citizens a strong and loud voice.

You're probably thinking of China as a successful country that isn't democratic. While this is true when you compare it to African countries and some in Asia, you can't compare the standard of living of the average Chinese to the average Norwegian, Dane, Finn etc Also, unless you're a muslim (nothing against muslims) doubt you'd want to live in a country like Saudi, where leaders have absolute power, you can't even criticize them, and where science takes a back seat to religion. The stand out country that got developed via autocratic means is Singapore, but that is an anomaly. If you get a dictator or autocratic ruler, the incentive for the ruler is to weaken the institutions of governance in order to control the country in perpetuity.

The chances of getting a 'benevolent dictator' like Lee Kuan Yew of Singapore are so tiny, it's like winning the lottery. Getting a bad dictator is much more likely and the negative impact is so bad (as with Nigeria and so many others) it should never be an aspiration for Nigerians.

Omoooo u get sense. I agree with 99% of what you are saying.

What I'm trying to say in essence is that Our leaders or our nature is so corrupt that democracy or not we will still find a way to self centred leadership.

Trust me, even if middle east start practicing democracy only few changes will be made to thier current state. Just look at buhari...he's worst than some undemocratic nations in his dealings.

I believe the nature of the people is more important than the system of government.

Rome, England, Denmark, Spain, France, Russia and many countries u called once practiced monarchy. But they still did well...thats why they are here...its not just Democracy that made them this successful... They have been good with leadership through all systems.

But I understand what u are saying
Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by MoronicLeaders: 2:16pm On Aug 06, 2021
Nigeria is hardly democratic. It's more of a petro-state that holds 'symbolic' elections. You know which other countries hold elections and no reasonable person thinks of them as democratic? Russia, Iran just to name a couple. Even China hold elections (for one party but still they do).

Buhari operates like a quasi-dictator because that's all he knows and he's enabled by the diseases of religiosity and xenophobia that are themselves fuelled by desperation, fear, ignorance, mutual suspicion and lack of a sense of belonging to a common cause/project as a country. Not even mentioning his inadequate personal attributes, he should have been automatically ruled out of contesting due to his previous coup to gain power.

1 Like

Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by KingLennon(m): 2:29pm On Aug 06, 2021
JuanDeDios:

Heo

Ok, I'll bite. Babangida released the political prisoners jailed by Buhari because that's what you do when you oust a government. He later jailed his own share and closed down media houses, so I'm not sure what you're on about there. Babangida did not bring stability to our economy - teachers suddenly stopped being able to feed their families under IBB. Remember the naira was bigger than the dollar when he came to power. You're the only guy on earth who thinks SAP was a good thing - it may have been well-intended but it totally failed the man on the street due to our realities, as basic necessities went out of reach.

In any case, IBB is not our worst leader because of his economic failings: he's our worst leader because he destroyed the country's social and moral fabrics and our ability to maintain basic law and order and ensure national security. Under him, anyone with connection to generals suddenly became a millionaire. Young people took note and acted accordingly. That's why 419 started under him. Trouble makers were paid off in cash. Kickback went from 10 to 20-100 %. The government got things done by paying off people instead of following the law. All the leader cared about was self-enrichment and everyone took note. The result is that today nothing works in the country and everyone is out to scam you. Anyone who grew up in this country after 1986 has never lived in a country where people were decent, respectful, and went about their work diligently.

With someone like Jonathan, you had bad governance. With Buhari, you have ungovernance. But with IBB, you had the kind of misgovernance that destroyed the country's foundations and will take 500 years to fix. You think Buhari is the worst because of insecurity? IBB knows something about that - he underfunded the police and made sure the military lacked equipment because he was afraid of a coup.
Don't get me wrong. Am not supporting IBB but am telling you that Buhari's government is worse. We are not in the 80's anymore, we are in a modernised era. He ruled in the military regime and was a failure. He came back in 2015, we were expecting him to correct some errors he made before but he hasn't. All the short-comings you highlighted in IBB's regime in 1985 is twice of what we are facing in 2021. In 2021 brother not 1985! Forget it, Buhari is worse. Don't blame our present economy on IBB's failings.
Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 06, 2021
[s]
henrybangs44:

Omoooo u get sense. I agree with 99% of what you are saying.

What I'm trying to say in essence is that Our leaders or our nature is so corrupt that democracy or not we will still find a way to self centred leadership.

Trust me, even if middle east start practicing democracy only few changes will be made to thier current state. Just look at buhari...he's worst than some undemocratic nations in his dealings.

I believe the nature of the people is more important than the system of government.

Rome, England, Denmark, Spain, France, Russia and many countries u called once practiced monarchy. But they still did well...thats why they are here...its not just Democracy that made them this successful... They have been good with leadership through all systems.

But I understand what u are saying
[/s]

That’s a very weak mindset to have. We don’t all have the same nature, are you kidding me. How can a living breathing human being in 2021 have this self defeatist racist attitude towards themselves??

We just need to do a better job of vetting our candidates and ensure we elect better leaders that’s all. Pa Awolowo was a great leader, provided free education for all within his region and free healthcare. How come he didn’t succumb to your “nature” theory? Snap out of that line of thinking dude, even if we’re all terrible by nature, there has to be someone who is different, we need to find our own version of Lee Kuan Yew in Nigeria, if we look thoroughly enough I’m sure we’ll find him/her
Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by adekolaelect(m): 2:51pm On Aug 06, 2021
Sirheny007:
Lmao.
Tinubu can be their president when they actualize Oduduwa republic.

Atiku is failed project.

Not in 2023.

But who or you are just here for only condemnation ?

Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by JuanDeDios: 2:58pm On Aug 06, 2021
KingLennon:

Don't get me wrong. Am not supporting IBB but am telling you that Buhari's government is worse. We are not in the 80's anymore, we are in a modernised era. He ruled in the military regime and was a failure. He came back in 2015, we were expecting him to correct some errors he made before but he hasn't. All the short-comings you highlighted in IBB's regime in 1985 is twice of what we are facing in 2021. In 2021 brother not 1985! Forget it, Buhari is worse. Don't blame our present economy on IBB's failings.
Have a great day.
Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by KingLennon(m): 3:35pm On Aug 06, 2021
JuanDeDios:

Have a great day.
Thanks. No peace for the wicked even those who support them
Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by Thetruthshallse(m): 5:19pm On Aug 06, 2021
See who is talking? Ibb your handwork will forever condenm.
Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by AfonjaConehead: 6:25pm On Aug 06, 2021
LZAA:
"While Tinubu, who marked an official 68th birthday in March, would have turned 70 years".
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Cc monogamy bamite AfonjaConehead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 06, 2021
kingawothefirst:
[s][/s]

That’s a very weak mindset to have. We don’t all have the same nature, are you kidding me. How can a living breathing human being in 2021 have this self defeatist racist attitude towards themselves??

We just need to do a better job of vetting our candidates and ensure we elect better leaders that’s all. Pa Awolowo was a great leader, provided free education for all within his region and free healthcare. How come he didn’t succumb to your “nature” theory? Snap out of that line of thinking dude, even if we’re all terrible by nature, there has to be someone who is different, we need to find our own version of Lee Kuan Yew in Nigeria, if we look thoroughly enough I’m sure we’ll find him/her
Look at this black monkey. For ur mind u are as good as a white man? Huh!!! U are kidding. Black man know who's better than you. First step to greatness. If u think a blackman has anything to offer aside sex u are jocking.

You guys are sitting on everything u need. Conco a lone has resources richer than Europe put together, yet Belgium alone, an average European country has a GDP greater than than of Africa out together and Africa is the poorest continent.
And you have mind to talk about self esteem. You are living in a fairytale. A blackman is useless to the world. He can't even feed himself with all the resources he has and u talking nonsense.

Blackman is moved by emotions not reasoning. Thats why even though u know what I'm saying is true..ur emotions will want to burst in anger because thats how a blackman moves.

Apart from good looks...a blackman has nothing to offer to the world. Period
Re: IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency by Alabule: 9:23pm On Aug 06, 2021
kingawothefirst:
IBB is the key destroyer of Nigeria. June 12 will never be forgotten because of this man, booo!!!!!
He worked hand in hand with the traditional rulers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. / I Can’t Wait For Presidential Debate - Atiku Reacts To Peter Obi's Performance / General Buratai's Convoy Involved In An Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.