Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Frequently Asked Question @ Graduate Fair - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Frequently Asked Question @ Graduate Fair (705 Views)

3 Brain Teasing Job Test Questions I Was Asked. Please drop your answers / 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview / Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Frequently Asked Question @ Graduate Fair by damkollins(m): 6:02pm On Jul 18, 2007
Graduate Recruitment Fair

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

1. How many days will the Fair run for?
The Fair will be for 2days i.e. the 26th and 27th of July 2007. Day 1 is the seminar which you are required to attend to prepare you for the next day. Day 2 is the Recruitment Fair itself and you can only attend with your ID collected on the 26th.

2. Will accommodation be provided?
No, accommodation will not be provided, so you will be required to make your own private arrangements for accommodation.

3. Would lunch be provided?
No, lunch would not be provided, but Food & Snack vendors will be present at the venue so you will be able to buy your lunch.

4. Will transportation be provided?
No, transportation will not be provided. You will need to make your own arrangements to Lagos (for those coming from outside Lagos) and to and from the venue on both days.

5. What documents do I need to bring?
• Valid Identification/ Identity Card with photo included.
• Invitation Letter (i.e. the attached invitation email which serves as your Gate Pass for the 26th of July only).
• A folder with about 30 clean copies of your latest CV/resume.

6. Do I need to bring my original credentials?
No, you are not required to bring your original credentials.

7. What are my expectations at the Fair?
The Fair allows you to meet numerous reputable companies seeking to recruit good and young talented graduates like yourself. You need to come prepared to discuss and showcase your talent and to highlight your areas of interest. They will not tell you about specific job openings.

8. Which companies will be present at the Fair?
An email will be sent to you about 2weeks before the Fair confirming the companies that will be present at the Fair. The list will also be published in the newspapers the week before the Fair.

9. What preparations do I need to make prior to the Fair?
• Refresh your memory on the information contained in your resume.

• Think about skills, qualities and experience that you have to offer and evidences to back them up.

• Try to find out about the organizations that will be at the Fair, i.e. their vision, goals, objectives and key personnel. Research their websites so you can discuss intelligently.

• Keep abreast and read the newspapers to discuss new developments affecting either the organization or the national economy.

• Keep up to date with current affairs; employers want recruits that are aware of what’s going on around them.

• Think about what you are going to wear, if new please try them on so as to feel comfortable in them. You need to look professional.

• Find out about the venue, how to get there and ensure you are punctual (especially those traveling down for the Fair).

• Begin to plan your journey and the funds needed.

10. What should I wear?
• The dress code is Business Formal.
• Ladies will be required to wear a skirt, dress or trousers suit with professional shoes. We suggest you wear conservative colours like grey, black, brown, navy blue etc. no flashy bright colours please. Ensure you have also sorted out your hair and jewelry. Be professional at all times.
• Men will be required to wear a tie on a white or light blue shirt under their dark coloured (i.e. grey, black or navy blue) suit with professional shoes. Be conservative but smart.
• Black or dark shoes are recommended.
• Please note that the dressing modes is the same for both days of the Fair (i.e. 26th & 27th July 2007)

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacancies / Dunlop How Far / Qtel Is Sending Text

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.