Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Lottery And Gaming Industry To Generate ₦100 Billion Yearly For Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lottery And Gaming Industry To Generate ₦100 Billion Yearly For Nigeria (13385 Views)

Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign / Senate To Investigate Illegal Exportation Of Gold Worth $9 Billion Yearly / Jonathan's Government Offered Us 100 Billion, Buhari Should Honor It - Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lottery And Gaming Industry To Generate ₦100 Billion Yearly For Nigeria by NwaNimo1(m): 10:54am On Aug 06, 2021
Amid growing concerns of low revenue generated from the lottery and gaming industry, the Federal Government has projected to rake in over N100 billion from the sector yearly.
Executive Secretary of National Lottery Trust Fund (NLTF), Bello Maigari, disclosed this yesterday, during the presentation of sporting kits to the agency’s staff in Abuja.

According to the research firm, Research, and Markets, there are roughly 60 million Nigerians aged between 18 and 40, involved in active betting.

Despite a huge number of people engaged in betting, the Nigerian government-generated less than N1 billion from the gaming industry in 2019.

Bello, however, said the government was working to acquire a Central Monitoring System (CMS) for the gaming industry for maximum regulation and curbing of leakages.

He said: “As we speak, the industry is worth almost two trillion naira. The fact that the industry has gone this far is due to the level playing ground established by the government. Lottery and gaming businesses are flourishing across the nook and crannies of this country.

“For instance, Bet9ja, a betting platform is in the remotest part of the country. This is to tell you how wide and far lottery and gaming have grown in the country.

“But sadly, the return to government coffers has been poor. Fortunately in the last few years, the government has reawakened and we are currently working to establish a CMS that will see to the streamlining of revenue that will accrue to the government.

“We are looking at the possibility of getting about N100b annually from the industry by the time the CMS is established and managed for the good of all stakeholders.

He said the sporting kits donated to the staff were to ensure that workers are physically and mentally fit, adding that it would also aid their preparation for the Federation of Public Service Games (FEPSGA) held yearly.
https://m.guardian.ng/business-services/government-targets-n100bn-yearly-from-gaming-industry/amp/

1 Share

Re: Lottery And Gaming Industry To Generate ₦100 Billion Yearly For Nigeria by socialmediaman: 10:55am On Aug 06, 2021
Greedy, lazy, evil minded politicians who live large like lions but generate revenue like mice!

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lottery And Gaming Industry To Generate ₦100 Billion Yearly For Nigeria by chatinent: 10:56am On Aug 06, 2021
So na bet we come bet for life. Abeg, I'm available to write your academic assignments.

13 Likes

Re: Lottery And Gaming Industry To Generate ₦100 Billion Yearly For Nigeria by Tonimax: 10:59am On Aug 06, 2021
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

E no go better for yusuf omo surebet after
convincing me of a sure Brazilian correct score of 2-1 and I used the money wey one NEPA Guy give me make I hold for am and stake the game, the game now end 1-2, Yusuf come dey tell me say na auto correct change the scores wey him send for me, shey auto correct don dey reverse scores?? cry cry
Now I don dey work for NEPA as the person wey dey hold ladder for them wen dey wan go cut people light cry cry....
Btw
Im sure that money will be handicapped before reaching government hands grin grin

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lottery And Gaming Industry To Generate ₦100 Billion Yearly For Nigeria by GeneralPula: 10:59am On Aug 06, 2021
Ok

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lottery And Gaming Industry To Generate ₦100 Billion Yearly For Nigeria by Mixedfruit: 10:59am On Aug 06, 2021
Nonsense

All the money way dem generate from oil wettin dem use am do?

I'm tired of this shithole

please i need a good wife.

Must be a US citizen!

Am a Tall Single guy in search of a decent and good-looking lady ready for
marriage

kindly hit me up

23 Likes

Re: Lottery And Gaming Industry To Generate ₦100 Billion Yearly For Nigeria by gergemam: 10:59am On Aug 06, 2021
shocked shocked shocked

Make dem dey poke nose to every business

1 Like

Re: Lottery And Gaming Industry To Generate ₦100 Billion Yearly For Nigeria by ohosi4real(m): 11:00am On Aug 06, 2021
Destiny killer stay away from betting.

4 Likes

Re: Lottery And Gaming Industry To Generate ₦100 Billion Yearly For Nigeria by Optimistguy1969: 11:00am On Aug 06, 2021
You are a MUMU man!

"You be mumu"
"70 60 years old man"
Re: Lottery And Gaming Industry To Generate ₦100 Billion Yearly For Nigeria by ReubenE(m): 11:00am On Aug 06, 2021
Make dem no carry their madness near SportyBet o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lottery And Gaming Industry To Generate ₦100 Billion Yearly For Nigeria by BruncleZuma: 11:00am On Aug 06, 2021
grin grin grin grin

Although it is Haram in Islam, nah our amiable Sharia states go put out hand for banbiyala pass, without investing as much as 1Kobo on their populace.

19 Likes

Re: Lottery And Gaming Industry To Generate ₦100 Billion Yearly For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 06, 2021
Mixedfruit:
Nonsense

In 1996, the UK won one gold and one bronze medal at the Olympics...

Right now they have over ten gold medals alone at this current Olympics.

Because around that time their government passed a law creating a National sports lottery. Funds from the lottery were used to fund sports in the UK.

Today, most sports in the UK are heavily funded by National lottery money. And other countries are jealous....France recently accused the UK of cheating...lol.

I know our government is useless and all, but at the end of the day, we have to find ways to reduce our dependence on borrowing and on oil money

9 Likes

Re: Lottery And Gaming Industry To Generate ₦100 Billion Yearly For Nigeria by mbahdi(m): 11:00am On Aug 06, 2021
My friend because of greed used his 500k settlement money to bet in other to get 1.5m.against mancity chelsea.only to loose.now he's roaming all around alaba

13 Likes

Re: Lottery And Gaming Industry To Generate ₦100 Billion Yearly For Nigeria by Firstclass247: 11:00am On Aug 06, 2021
Gaming sef

Na the day they laked 5k from me, I knew their algorithm mean business grin

Fear shop wey no dey loose customers even when the customers are loosing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lottery And Gaming Industry To Generate ₦100 Billion Yearly For Nigeria by Folabifreeman(m): 11:00am On Aug 06, 2021
Lottery and betting will not make you rich.

3 Likes

Re: Lottery And Gaming Industry To Generate ₦100 Billion Yearly For Nigeria by onlyonechid84(m): 11:00am On Aug 06, 2021
THE ONLY THING GOING THROUH THEIR MIND IS
HOW TO EXTORT AND STEAL FROM THE MONEY GENERATED.

All good intention in this country is GONE !!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Lottery And Gaming Industry To Generate ₦100 Billion Yearly For Nigeria by Sapaz02: 11:00am On Aug 06, 2021
Ok
Re: Lottery And Gaming Industry To Generate ₦100 Billion Yearly For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 06, 2021
Na so I take win 1mullar yesterday cos Messi no dey Barcelona for their friendly club game.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lottery And Gaming Industry To Generate ₦100 Billion Yearly For Nigeria by Ajiswaggs(m): 11:01am On Aug 06, 2021
That's good for those that love betting, federal government has open piggy box for you, you can keep saving it there. Goodluck

3 Likes

Re: Lottery And Gaming Industry To Generate ₦100 Billion Yearly For Nigeria by christejames(m): 11:01am On Aug 06, 2021
But some self righteous states are banning sports betting in their domain how will the sharing formula for the money generated be arrived at?

7 Likes

Re: Lottery And Gaming Industry To Generate ₦100 Billion Yearly For Nigeria by Guyman02: 11:01am On Aug 06, 2021
I can see the idiot posting Bet9ja sure winning on every thread and spamming this site shouting "Oh Wow" above undecided

1 Like

Re: Lottery And Gaming Industry To Generate ₦100 Billion Yearly For Nigeria by 190theclown: 11:01am On Aug 06, 2021
As world bank nor gree borrow them money again nkor?

them get choice?

Talk about gaming industry? what game?

Country wen nor get light abi them wan de tax people wen de play sega dreamcast
Re: Lottery And Gaming Industry To Generate ₦100 Billion Yearly For Nigeria by Mixedfruit: 11:01am On Aug 06, 2021
[quote author=Beancounter94 post=104486330][/quote]?
Re: Lottery And Gaming Industry To Generate ₦100 Billion Yearly For Nigeria by possibilita(m): 11:01am On Aug 06, 2021
>: (
Re: Lottery And Gaming Industry To Generate ₦100 Billion Yearly For Nigeria by Frelex: 11:01am On Aug 06, 2021
Wow
Re: Lottery And Gaming Industry To Generate ₦100 Billion Yearly For Nigeria by Sunnybay7: 11:02am On Aug 06, 2021
They want to shock that business too.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census / INEC Schedules Rerun In Rivers, Imo, Kogi, Kano For July 23 & 30 / NNPC Spends ₦10 Billion On Comatose Refineries In April

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.